It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News: Major Police Activity In Watertown, Mass.; reports of explosives being detonated

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Breaking News: Major Police Activity In Watertown, Mass.; reports of explosives being detonated

news.yahoo.com

Police have converged on a neighborhood outside Boston where there were reports of explosives being detonated and police are telling reporters to turn off their cell phones.

Dozens of officers and National Guard members are in Watertown, where television outlets report that gunfire and explosions have been heard. A helicopter is circling overhead.

Authorities early Friday were calling for somebody to get on the ground and put their hands up and a loud thud was heard after someone shouted "fire in the hole."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Even though I should be sleeping right now since I have school tomorrow, I went over to the Yahoo homepage and saw this. Apparently there have been reports of explosives being detonated in the neighborhood and even the national guard has been called to deal with the situation. I hope this doesn't have any connection to the Boston marathon bombing but it sure is looking like it does. I hope everyone is ok.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 01:31 AM
link   
I'm supposed to be sleeping too...

Good post OP - sounds like it's a developing situation - probably them making a move on the suspects. Hopefully we'll hear more tomorrow.

It's upsetting though that these guys are so used to bullying people & throwing their weight around that they feel comfortable threatening a reporter with his life for just doing his job.

Pretty messed up & not at all what should be aspired to in a truly free society.

Reporters are being told to move away from the scene. A police officer told a reporter: "If you want to live, turn off your cell phone."

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 01:31 AM
link   
I sense martial law right around the corner...

-SAP-

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 01:33 AM
link   
I was checking twitter one last time before I went to sleep and a buddy posted about it. I checked ATS and some news channels. It's all over the news. Nice speed getting a thread up. I hope things settle down. Police are saying that the gunmen had grenades. They also said that ordinary people don't prepare themselves like this. Also saying that one suspect is in custody and the other is at large still.

Hope everyone stays as safe as possible.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by coldkidc

Yeah it is developing. It was posted roughly half an hour ago and its a headline on Yahoo's homepage which is only reserved for developing or ongoing events.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 01:34 AM
link   
MSM is covering now.
First and foremost I hope no one is hurt, they haven't even mentioned that aspect yet.

They're being careful not to tie it to the marathon bombing but their language is insinuating that the MIT shooting and Watertown bombing are related.

National Guard in Watertown- via MSM

edit: Nevermind..it's 'Metro Swat' in camo. An effective tool to get the populace use to it.
edit: National Guard as well.

-now reporting 1 marathon bombing suspect in custody.(not connected to watertown)
-1 watertown suspect in custody, 1 on the loose.
-Boston Police Commissioner in Watertown.
-Press being kept about 4 blocks from scene.
edit on 19-4-2013 by slowisfast because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by tokyodynamite

Why are they telling the reporters to turn off their cell phones? I can't think of a good reason for that.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Sphota

Because they are trying to hide something. They don't want the truth exposed.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sphota

Why are they telling the reporters to turn off their cell phones? I can't think of a good reason for that.

Yeah I was wondering the same thing. The only thing I could come up with is either they don't want people recording any footage of the scene, or they think that someone's cell phone could trigger another bomb if they dial a number. Either way it's quite suspicious if you ask me.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Dont know
But thats my uninformed advice. I think that would be my instinct

edit on 19-4-2013 by FreedomEntered because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 01:42 AM
link   
What in the world, found a vid.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Folks - they tell people to turn off cell-phones so it doesn't trigger a bomb.

This has been talked about extensively in the past few days.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Pipebomb24875

Wow that was extremely fast. Thank god for the internet these days, you can record something and put it on the internet in a matter of seconds. Kudos to the recorder for her uploading speed.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 01:46 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Pipebomb24875

holy crap that sounds like a decent fire fight.....first few shots sounded suppressed cant tell if that barrage near the end is gunfire or fireworks/bombs going off....good job on the video

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Dupe,

right here with live audio

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 19-4-2013 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 01:50 AM
link   

RADIO TRAFFIC: "Suspect at large armed with an assault rifle and explosives. Possible IED's exercise extreme caution."

-SAP-

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Explosives are some times used by swat teams to take reinforced doors down.

A little bit on the hinges and a little on the lock area and the swat guy will yell fire in the hole and bang the door is gone.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 01:54 AM
link   
That sounded like one hell of a firefight towards the end of the vid.....s down and move fast everyone..

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join