It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LOL...I love what Nader said about Bush on CNN last night

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 09:01 AM
link   
During an interview last night with Nader....he said he feared for America, as Bush is a walking corporation disguised as a human being....I thought that was fitting....I looked for a link to quote but can't find it, not yet anyway.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Even after the battle the bullets fly. This is honestly no way to go about healing the nation.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadyV
During an interview last night with Nader....he said he feared for America, as Bush is a walking corporation disguised as a human being....I thought that was fitting....I looked for a link to quote but can't find it, not yet anyway.

I hate that I missed this; I could've used a laugh last night (could use one this morning, too, for that matter). Brings to mind the old Jim Wright (Speaker of the House in the late '80s) saying: "Plutocracy is not government by a far-off planet."

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Here you go:

Nader sent into the wilderness
Mr Nader took his campaign against corporate America to Wall Street on Monday, holding a small but lively rally at which he criticised the "unbridled greed" of corporations.

He called Washington a "corporate-occupied territory" and said George W. Bush was a "giant corporation disguised as a person".

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mynaeris
Even after the battle the bullets fly. This is honestly no way to go about healing the nation.
I wish from the bottom of my heart I could do this with you...but as stated in a different thread...it feels like a day of mourning for humanity. I'm a bit scared of Bush and I don't trust him. I can handle what ever comes our way by the....person.... but I worry for the future of my grandchildren

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Of course it isn't.

Half of us see the other half of the country as puritanical morons and scared sheeple, while they in turn see us as namby-pamby liberals. This won't be mended in just one night....

We need something we can all get behind and shout "Go America!"...something like a really good war....

Fear not! One or Two are in the works as we speak.....!!!

*looks at Iran and NK on the map*

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Nader had much to say about everything. It was worth the watch on C-Span last week. Yet American's are to busy with working and family life.
However Nader did comment on C-Span that his work was to take votes away from Bush to get Kerry in.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Half of us see the other half of the country as puritanical morons and scared sheeple, while they in turn see us as namby-pamby liberals. This won't be mended in just one night....

We need something we can all get behind and shout "Go America!"...something like a really good war....

Fear not! One or Two are in the works as we speak.....!!!

*looks at Iran and NK on the map*

Or another major terrorist attack, the likes of which have never been seen before, then we can all be united against Osama and Al-Qaeda and attack another country that Osama isn't in. Forget Iran and NK, they are real threats, but I'm sure Osama has been buying his robes from Turkey, Syria or Egypt

As for Nader, it's a shame that in a democracy, that $$$$ talks and all candidates are not treated equally and given the same air time. Poor guy never had a shot.

[edit on 11-3-2004 by worldwatcher]

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 10:35 AM
link   
But on Bush's track record, he is a walking failed corporation. It's important to be descriptive, and to call a spade a digging implement.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Nader's s one-trick pony, everything bad is to be blamed on corporations.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher

As for Nader, it's a shame that in a democracy, that $$$$ talks and all candidates are not treated equally and given the same air time. Poor guy never had a shot.

[edit on 11-3-2004 by worldwatcher]

If every candidate got equal air time, it would be chaos. Can you imagine if we had 20, 30, even a hundred candidates all getting their 2 minutes a night? It would be so confusing that people would be even less informed now, and would distinguish candidates by 10-second sound bites.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Esoterica

If every candidate got equal air time, it would be chaos. Can you imagine if we had 20, 30, even a hundred candidates all getting their 2 minutes a night? It would be so confusing that people would be even less informed now, and would distinguish candidates by 10-second sound bites.

Oh indeed, it would be terrible if peopel were aware they had more than one...oops I mean two choices. They might actually think for themselves then, and we can't very well have that now.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 12:55 PM
link   

This is honestly no way to go about healing the nation.

You have to keep the nation from getting more and more hurt before the healing process can start. That won't be for (at least) another 4 years.

Nader's s one-trick pony, everything bad is to be blamed on corporations.

He is right. Maybe not about EVERYTHING bad, but quite a freakin' lot...

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Actually Gazrok, if there was going to be a war, one might wish for a civil uprising here in the States, so that we could politically cleanse some of the namby-pamby liberals.

All jests aside, the country has been divided for a long time now, and I don't see it changing anytime soon. I voted for Bush, but after seeing the closeness of the race yesterday, I hope the Republican team sits back and realizes that changes need to take place so that the "minority's" voice is still heard in this country.

So, for all of you Dems out there, you have at least one Republican who understood the significance of yesterday's election.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by alternateheaven
Oh indeed, it would be terrible if peopel were aware they had more than one...oops I mean two choices. They might actually think for themselves then, and we can't very well have that now.

Thank you for totally missing the point of my post.

join