It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am Offended to the Core

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by solargeddon

Totally agree,I remember the same except for the made homeless,one room and a bad parent.For me it was myself,a sister and a brother sharing a bedroom with one good parent.
The tracing paper for toilet roll,god I'd forgotten about that.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by glen200376

Yes indeed that damn tracing paper loo roll...no joke as a young girl!

My dad managed to keep a roof over our head's...but he often sat at the kitchen table without a plate and went hungry so my mum, sister and I could eat. He also learn't how to serve 3 different kind's of potatoes on a dinner plate to try and make the meal more interesting as a huge sack of potatoes was sometime's all we could afford. ...mash, chip's and potato rosette....I have no idea how I didn't turn out looking like a potato! lol

We were by all mean's not unusual as a family at that time....lot's of honest hard working families and parent's had to make very major sacrifice just to eat and pay bill's.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Show us all on the doll where Margaret Thatcher touched you.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Onami

Kissinger's been out of politics a while, too. He's been just as if not more politically effective as Thatcher has as he advised several Presidents and still does act behind the scene.

I can see it now -- all the "show the dead man some respect!" comments.
www.dailypaul.com...

"The elderly are useless eaters."
-- Henry Kissinger, quoted in the book The Final Days

Hmm. Thatcher died at 87, which would make her a useless eater. Kissinger is about 132, so that would make him an even more useless eater.

"Military men are 'dumb, stupid animals to be used' as pawns for foreign policy."
-- Henry Kissinger, quoted in the book The Final Days

I've really got to read this book! Somewhere he must've showed some kind of respect for the living somewhere within the pages, right?

"Depopulation should be the highest priority of foreign policy towards the third world, because the US economy will require large and increasing amounts of minerals from abroad, especially from less developed countries."
-- Henry Kissinger, National Security Memo 200, dated April 24, 1974

So, I'm guessing Kissinger celebrates death of millions, so why should we be feeling bad for celebrating...
Erm. Never mind.

Will someone please point out the rule that states dead people are deserved respect.
I don't believe it says this in the Bible or the Koran. Is it written in the Ten Commandments?
Maybe it's on the Georgia Guidestones?
Please, someone please point it out so I can adjust my attitude towards the dead who've disrespected the living. .
edit on 8-4-2013 by Afterthought because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I do hope you are a patient bunch. Unlike many of you I don't know everything about everything. Please elaborate on your op. Y do you dislike the lady?

thanx.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375
Show us all on the doll where Margaret Thatcher touched you.

Thatcher's funeral. Four million euros. Thatcher's gravestone. Ten thousand euros. Ghost375's one-liner. Priceless.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Afterthought

I didn't think the respect the dead rule was written in ATS t&cs either but if some members get their way it will be!

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Logos23

I've noticed a connection between Thatcher leaving power and the U.K. population getting fatter,it was because half the population couldn't afford to eat properly under her government.
She was like the slim fast plan of politicians.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by glen200376
reply to post by Afterthought

I didn't think the respect the dead rule was written in ATS t&cs either but if some members get their way it will be!

Screw 'em. What r they going to do.....

(i'm referring to the dead not the staff. I love the ats staff.)

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by glen200376

LOL!
Yeah. It's getting kind of weird around here lately.
It's like as soon as a death occurs, all conspiracy theories and negative truths are banned from discussion.

How do we even know she's truly dead? She might have gone to the bunker with Pope Benedict.
Kidding. Kidding.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   
# Thatcher and # the Tories.

She was a vile woman who cared only about making the rich richer and the poor poorer, who waged war on the working class, who didn't only "beat" the Unions but battered them into a bloody pulp.

Forced unemployment for millions, caused many to be homeless and live below the breadline.

Yet I have never seen such biased commentry. From foreigners praising her wothout having a clue about her to the privately educated upper class BBC columnists re-writing history, to no politician having the balls to call her legacy out just because she's died.

Good riddance, you were nothing but a blight on the lives of my family and friends, you wont be missed.

I believe this sums the feeling up here in Tory free Glasgow

Party!

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I too was a child that grew up in the 80's. I remember the tracing paper loo roll, losing the school milk, living in one cold room with my mother seeing her starving to make sure I could eat. My clothes came from boot sales and charity shops, or hand me downs from other families. I lived in South East London at the time. Top floor room of a small B&B (which only provided us with the BED part). My mother used to drop me at school looking like a princess while she herself looked so ill and straggly. This woman who had always been so proud of her appearance was reduced to looking like she'd been living in a bush. It took her years to find a stable job. What she went through just to care for her child is terrible. BUT, out of darkness came some good, because it made us so much closer and taught me to appreciate the little things.

So yes, Maggie destroyed so many families but one good thing to come out of it is that our generation has grown up with determination, appreciation and compassion.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by billy565
I do hope you are a patient bunch. Unlike many of you I don't know everything about everything. Please elaborate on your op. Y do you dislike the lady?

thanx.

Why are you ignoring me?

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Well as expected

Nothing but a thread criticizing any and everything

Closing

Semper

top topics

<< 1   >>

join