It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking:Gun Siege Brisbane Mall

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by DarknStormy

The way many make it sound is that only single shot rifles and maybe a shotgun are legal. I am not sure, it is hard enough to keep up with the differening laws from state to state here.

That said I agree this guy should not have a firearm.

Raist

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Reply to post by Raist

I have a feeling you're absolutely right about that. It seems rather odd to be on the phone in this situation... And the red bag hints at a possible drop of sorts...

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Here some of the questions can be answered. It seems not all firearms are outlawed.

I am going to assume that this is a stolen handgun from what I have read though.

Category H: Handguns including air pistols and deactivated handguns. (Albeit both SA and WA do not require deactivated handguns to be regarded as handguns after the deactivation process has taken place. This situation was the catalyst in QLD for the deactivation and diversion of thousands of handguns to the black-market – the loophole shut since 2001) This class is available to target shooters. To be eligible for a Category H firearm, a target shooter must serve a probationary period of six months using club handguns, and a minimum number of matches yearly to retain each category of handgun.

en.wikipedia.org...

Raist

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raist
reply to post by DarknStormy

The way many make it sound is that only single shot rifles and maybe a shotgun are legal. I am not sure, it is hard enough to keep up with the differening laws from state to state here.

That said I agree this guy should not have a firearm.

Raist

Your spot on.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Flak Jackets charging, but I don't see him.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   
apparently its a bikie with a pistol high on drugs walking about?

edit on 7-3-2013 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Reporter, reporting bang's. Police activity

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Ambulance travelling down middle of mall.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Replaying police charge,looks like he took one in the back
edit on 7-3-2013 by 13th Zodiac because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by goou111

Yep, we banned all guns. You cannot own a gun in this country at all.

Oh wait... let me just educate myself a little bit and not sound like a fool.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   
After looking into the gun laws there I have to wonder if this will be used to make them even stricter there?

What are the opinions of those living there? Do you think they should be more strict or is what you have doing well enough?

Raist

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarknStormy
Ok people, one thing you should understand about Australias guns laws is that not all guns were outlawed, just Semi-Automatic rifles. Not sure about handgun laws but I'm sure a bloke like this shouldn't have one.

Don't bother mate, they're not even interested in getting that.. they want to bang fists and hoot.

"Look how it dun don't work over dare, see.."

That's how much they are interested in facts. Can't wait for alex jones to lead them by the nose about the next thing..

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Raist

Guns are slowly trickling back into the crime scene but they are mostly being used by known criminal groups such as bikies and rag-tag drug pushers etc. It doesn't matter whether the government implement stricter gun laws or not, these criminals will find a way to get them anyway. I have no issues with crims being caught and serving a 2 year jail term for each gun charge.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raist
Here some of the questions can be answered. It seems not all firearms are outlawed.

I am going to assume that this is a stolen handgun from what I have read though.

Category H: Handguns including air pistols and deactivated handguns. (Albeit both SA and WA do not require deactivated handguns to be regarded as handguns after the deactivation process has taken place. This situation was the catalyst in QLD for the deactivation and diversion of thousands of handguns to the black-market – the loophole shut since 2001) This class is available to target shooters. To be eligible for a Category H firearm, a target shooter must serve a probationary period of six months using club handguns, and a minimum number of matches yearly to retain each category of handgun.

en.wikipedia.org...

Raist

Semi auto only, others under licence and conditions.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Over.Reported to have been shot.Ambulance leaving,no sirens or lights.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   
cant wait for somebody to get stabbed with a stick of wriggleys speermint....
Then they can have gum laws too......

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
cant wait for somebody to get stabbed with a stick of wriggleys speermint....
Then they can have gum laws too......

nice one.. I think they are as common as a semi-automatic these days though.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

It is not that we do not care, it is just that many of us do not know. Learning or trying to learn the different gun laws in your state and those you might travel to or live in later are hard enough. In my state I can go and buy and take home a handgun of anysize the same day so long as I pass a background check. In the state just to the east of me the laws are very different.

For what it is worth though I did link the laws above (or at least what Wiki has). From there they make it seem like the only handguns available are 9mm/.38/.357/.45 with semi-autos only allowed a 10 round magazine. But this is all I have found.

Raist

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Raist

I dont think this will change any gun laws here.
As Agit8dChop pointed out this is what outlaw bikers look and act like now.
Alot of them are immigrants who dont even recognize Australian law and have no fear to act like this in public.
They should be put up on terrorism charges I think, that will # them.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reports the gunman has been shot and is being rushed to hospital.

edit on 7-3-2013 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join