It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea vows to cancel Korean War ceasefire

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 06:24 AM
link   

North Korea vows to cancel Korean War ceasefire

www.cbc.ca

North Korea is vowing to cancel the 1953 Korean War ceasefire because of sanctions and ongoing U.S.-South Korean joint military drills.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
North Korea warns U.S. forces of "destruction" ahead of war drills
North Korea threatens "final destruction" of South Korea at UN

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 06:24 AM
link   
This is really bad imo. Although the tensions never really stopped, this threat could stir up something!

Making such threats could bring the old war back on the table and this could mean devastating destruction...
considering their recent nuke tests despite sanctions, how can be certain they didn't attain their goal?

www.cbc.ca
(visit the link for the full news article)

Also found this news source Globe and Mail
But it says pretty much the same thing. looks like not a whole lot of details were given there either.

Any one have a better source with more details perhaps?
edit on 5-3-2013 by Teye22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 06:34 AM
link   
quitting my job if north korea nukes anyone

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 06:34 AM
link   
OK

I found this link to have a bit more info:

The United States and others worry that North Korea's third nuclear test pushes it a step closer toward its goal of having nuclear-armed missiles that can reach America, and condemn its rocket launches and nuclear tests as a dangerous threat to regional security.

North Korea warned it will cancel the Korean War cease-fire agreement on March 11, citing U.S.-South Korean military drills that began March 1.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by biggmoneyme

IF they do, big IF...we wlikely would not even have to bother quitting!! I dont think they're stupid enough to use nukes........
oh wait! we are talking about NK

That is what worries me the most, the fact that they can make such statements(threats) and Nuke test despite sanctions and being watched so closely.....they dont seem to care what the rest of the world thinks or does...

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 06:44 AM
link   
60 more years of technology since the cease fire. This will be interesting.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 06:48 AM
link   
You have to put this into perspective. There is a new leader in South Korea. In my opinion, the DPRK are testing the boundaries, so to speak. They want to know what the new government's position is.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 06:53 AM
link   
In all honesty, i think the only reason the West and it's allies keep from squashing that lunatic NK regime is China and damage to Chinese / West relations (trade mostly, but also military).

It's also handy to keep them going as a propaganda bogey-man whipping boy, but when the propaganda becomes real, then it will be time to put the dog to sleep.

And China?

They value trade and economic prosperity more than they do idealism these days...they'd protest any such action, but i think backroom deals would be done with the West where China would wash their hands of their troublesome neighbour...that would be the end of NK...on the other hand, they would get their wish of Korean Unification..just not anywhere near how they pictured it!

Developing nukes was always going to be their downfall. When they develop effective long range missiles to deliver those nukes, that will spell the end for them.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 07:10 AM
link   
The NK's say that their nuclear weapons program is a response to US hostility towards them.

They should read a newspaper sometime.
We have been hostile to these countries and the hostility has been well-documented:
-Vietnam
-Iraq
-Afghanistan

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 07:17 AM
link   
NK has nothing to loose, they are so heavily sanctioned and have nothing to begin with that for them, going to war would only fuel the people of NK to take what they think is rightfully theirs, remember these people are so brainwashed and will do whatever Mr Un tells them.

If you were put in a corner in your own home for more than 60 years, one day...You would revolt no matter the concequenses. That's prety much their way of thinking. not saying that we should sit by idle but still.....Maybe send in a few special ops temas and calm his sh!t down a little but taking out key infrastructures and people.

I'm sure south Korea will open a back door and let us in the North under the cover of darkness.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Teye22

IF they do, big IF...we wlikely would not even have to bother quitting!! I dont think they're stupid enough to use nukes........

That is what worries me the most, the fact that they can make such statements(threats) and Nuke test despite sanctions and being watched so closely.....they dont seem to care what the rest of the world thinks or does...

You mean just like USA? Don´t forget, USA is the only country that has ever used nukes against another country, are waging war all over the world and has a large number of missiles with nuke warheads capable of reaching all over the world. Now, who is the biggest threat again?
edit on 5-3-2013 by Nettlas because: (no reason given)

And if NK would seize to exist, the piratebay would disapare to

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
The NK's say that their nuclear weapons program is a response to US hostility towards them.

We have been hostile to these countries and the hostility has been well-documented:
-Vietnam
-Iraq
-Afghanistan

Yes because the vietnam people fighting in the jungle was such a big threat to the USA .....
And the Afghan people and Iraqi...

Comeone they where not hostile until you showed up in thier country and shoved the American "democrazy" down their throats. If someone invaded my country, I would also become hostile.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nettlas

You mean just like USA? Don´t forget, USA is the only country that has ever used nukes against another country, are waging war all over the wolrd and has a large number of missiles with nuke warheads capable of reaching all over the world. Now, who is the biggest threat again?

....all over the world....so Antarctica is under attack? Spain, UK, Greece, Russia, Japan, China? ....you did say all over the world.

The USA has a ton of missiles and YES, the USA is the only country to use nuclear bombs. Russia has alot of missiles. The EU has a alot of missiles. China has a lot of missiles. Israel and India have Nuclear Missiles....what is your point other that ANTI-USA propaganda?

NK is being aggressive.

They will get put down by NATO if it turns into anything other than sabre rattling.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 07:37 AM
link   

You mean just like USA? Don´t forget, USA is the only country that has ever used nukes, are waging war all over the wolrd and has a large number of missiles with nuke warheads capable of reaching all over the world. Now, who is the biggest threat again?

I am aware the the US were the only one to ever use a nuke,
, How can ayone forget THAT! But I never said NK would be the biggest threat! What I meant was that I dont think they would hesitate to fire if "IN THEIR MIND" it was justified. No matter what the retaliation would/could be. Its like they are just waiting for the right timing/response to retaliate.

As others have stated, NK has nothing to lose, but how far will they actualy go....I just hope they are just trying to intimidate and have no real intention or doing anything, but I guess that will depend on how NATO reacts to this.

IMO it is NEVER justified to use such weapons (though we dont know IF they even have them), they should never have been created in the first place! EVER!!!!!

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by wdkirk

You mean just like USA? Don´t forget, USA is the only country that has ever used nukes against another country, are waging war all over the wolrd and has a large number of missiles with nuke warheads capable of reaching all over the world. Now, who is the biggest threat again?

....all over the world....so Antarctica is under attack? Spain, UK, Greece, Russia, Japan, China? ....you did say all over the world.

The USA has a ton of missiles and YES, the USA is the only country to use nuclear bombs. Russia has alot of missiles. The EU has a alot of missiles. China has a lot of missiles. Israel and India have Nuclear Missiles....what is your point other that ANTI-USA propaganda?

NK is being aggressive.

They will get put down by NATO if it turns into anything other than sabre rattling.

You know what I mean, don`t act like you don`t.

All these country you said have N.missiles yes, except EU which is not a country, but yes some europe country has N.missiles. But of all those, The US is the only country that worries me, as that country is a bully to the world. Strutting around and act like a world police.

No, not anti-us propaganda. Fact. Propaganda is a lie, a lie that will make a country look bad or a country look good. Fact is not propaganda. And as you agreed on my first post which you replied to I take that as a sign of you agreeing on my points. And I agreed on your points to. But I still think (in my opinion) that the US is a bigger threat to the world.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 07:41 AM
link   

You mean just like USA? Don´t forget, USA is the only country that has ever used nukes, are waging war all over the wolrd and has a large number of missiles with nuke warheads capable of reaching all over the world. Now, who is the biggest threat again?

I am aware the the US were the only one to ever use a nuke,
, How can ayone forget THAT! But I never said NK would be the biggest threat! What I meant was that I dont think they would hesitate to fire if "IN THEIR MIND" it was justified. No matter what the retaliation would/could be. Its like they are just waiting for the right timing/response to retaliate.

As others have stated, NK has nothing to lose, but how far will they actualy go....I just hope they are just trying to intimidate and have no real intention or doing anything, but I guess that will depend on how NATO reacts to this.

IMO it is NEVER justified to use such weapons (though we dont know IF they even have them), they should never have been created in the first place! EVER!!!!!

I dig! you are right sir.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 07:46 AM
link   
This threat is in response to the US and China sanctioning.....does the DPRK really think that they can win a war without China in this age of pre-emptive strikes (and we have nukes in South Korea aimed at them)?

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 07:47 AM
link   

I dont think they're stupid enough to use nukes........

So how stupid were the United States to use them? As stupid? More stupid? Lets be perfectly clear here, The US set the bar, and rightly or wrongly, someone was bound to try and match it.

For arguments sake, let's say the North nuke the South, they are technically still at war. They will be doing nothing new will they.

Short memories? Or just hypocrisy?
edit on 5-3-2013 by threewisemonkeys because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

-Vietnam
-Iraq
-Afghanistan

Yes because the vietnam people fighting in the jungle was such a big threat to the USA .....
And the Afghan people and Iraqi...

Comeone they where not hostile until you showed up in thier country and shoved the American "democrazy" down their throats. If someone invaded my country, I would also become hostile.

You may want to read my post again.

I stated that the US was hostile towards the countries that I listed. I did not say that the listed countries were hostile towards the US.
Was my post that difficult to understand?
It was for some apparently, because someone starred your post!
edit on 5-3-2013 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 08:05 AM
link   
This must really be a heart breaker for Rodman. I mean there best buds and all maybe we should send him back for a long term assignment.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join