It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Halloween ATS Hoax?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I will be the first to come on record saying that I believe there is an orchcistrated site-wide hoax occuring in an attempt to make an ATS version of the War of the Worlds broadcast. I hereby open up this thread to entertain the notion. See this thread for a backgrounder.

JAK

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Jeez Mainer, I know we're supposed to be a conspiracy board, but that's a pretty big one.

Jack

This post was part of a special Halloween Homage to Orson Wells.
Jumping out from behind the server and shouting BOO!

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Yes well...

I posted my reply in that referenced thread.

Do we really need another?

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I thought the policy of this site was to not tolerate hoaxes.

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mainer
I will be the first to come on record saying that I believe there is an orchcistrated site-wide hoax occuring in an attempt to make an ATS version of the War of the Worlds broadcast.

I have to agree.

The places mentioned in various 'NJ based' threads are somewhat close to Grover's Mill

Just imagine what Orson Welles would have been able to do if He'd had access to the internet

[edit on 31-10-2004 by Pisky]

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I hope that if this is a Halloween hoax someone will fess up really soon. I've only been a member for a few months so I don't know if there is a tradition of spoofing on Halloween or not but if this is just all one big joke I hope someone will spill the beans before we all start calling family and friends who live near military bases and asking them what they know!

Jemison

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I also have searched the NET and called on associates in Jersey and can not confirm any of the reports. That much activity would not go uncovered this long. I also suspect a HOAX.

For what it is worth,

TUT the Irritant

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 02:29 PM
link   
If this is some hoax or game, its a little irresponsible as we don't know the minds of everyone here, things like this could push people to drastic means if they really do believe some imminent disaster is about to happen.

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Not funny at all. My mother (77) is all upset because i told her about this.
I'll restrain from calling my family in the North East for now. Dont want to make a bigger fool of myself.

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 02:32 PM
link   
If this turns out to be a joke, I will be extremely upset and disappointed that this would be allowed to happen on ATS. Because I really don't think this is funny at all. If this is a hoax, please someone come forward now.

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 02:35 PM
link   
please delete this post

[edit on 31-10-2004 by SimpleTruth]

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 02:36 PM
link   
sorry for the double post. knock one of those out plz.

Odd

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 02:40 PM
link   
All I have to say is that the sh*t better not hit the fan until after I've finished partying tonight

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Notice how many of these stories are in the Website-Related Discussion section, not in other areas. This lends some credability to the idea that it is really a story about ATS and not the supposed topics. I also believe in a community like ATS, it is possible that while some get the ball rolling on this hoax, others will misinterpret events around them and utwittingly build support for the hoax. Support for this must come from the highest areas of ATS and I will have everyone note the identities of those that lend support to this story. (Moderators are people too)

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 02:49 PM
link   
To have SO carry out a hoax.... I don't know what I would do...

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 02:49 PM
link   
This type of hoax is not at all funny to those of us who are under extreme stress anyway. ATS should never allow any hoax, and in my opinion if indeed this is a hoax I would hope all involved have appropriate action taken against them by ATS

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I would say in the spirit of the season, this could be seen as a joke or homage, instead of a hoax.

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 02:53 PM
link   
*Moderators are people too*

I agree. Its not funny and we should start with those who posted the original posts.

You guys dont know what mind state some people are in. Im happy to say i can deal with it wether its a hoax or not. Sadly, some out there cant cope with the stress. SO FESS UP

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I disagree about most of the threads being in web related discussion. I've seen some in gov and military projects, current events, alien and ufo's.

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Trick or Treat!

And to be upset overa prank? come on now...It's Halloween. get over yourselves.

Lets see...where is my dictionary....ok here it is....let me see here....a...c....e...Ah great G here we go...Ge...gi...gr...GU...ok...found it...

gullible

adj 1: naive and easily deceived or tricked; "at that early age she had been gullible and in love" [syn: fleeceable, green] 2: easily tricked because of being too trusting; "gullible tourists taken in by the shell game"

Is YOUR picture next to the definition?

Trick or Treat.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join