It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea warns U.S. forces of "destruction" ahead of war drills

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy

Originally posted by amkia
NK has every right to test whatever they wanted, who are we to decide? If the US lift off years of illegal sanctions and embargos the situation here would have been 180 degrees different.

Same goes for Iran as well…

edit on 23-2-2013 by amkia because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-2-2013 by amkia because: damn typos
no they dont,.
both these countries are bent on control and destruction. Iran is always threatening to wipe countries off the map north Korea starves their people,. neither one of these countries leaders are of stable mind... there are reasons why children shouldnt run with scissors

What you say about Iran is zionazi’s MSM (deliberately misquoted Dr. Ahmadinejad) to create scapegoat for their nefarious agenda (check with googles for heaven’s sake).

Like I said, as long as people like you continue believing LIES there would be no hope for peace to achieve.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy

NK has every right to test whatever they wanted, who are we to decide? If the US lift off years of illegal sanctions and embargos the situation here would have been 180 degrees different.

Same goes for Iran as well…

edit on 23-2-2013 by amkia because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-2-2013 by amkia because: damn typos
no they dont,.
both these countries are bent on control and destruction. Iran is always threatening to wipe countries off the map north Korea starves their people,. neither one of these countries leaders are of stable mind... there are reasons why children shouldnt run with scissors

What you say about Iran is zionazi’s MSM (deliberately misquoted Dr. Ahmadinejad) to create scapegoat for their nefarious agenda (check with googles for heaven’s sake).

Like I said, as long as people like you continue believing LIES there would be no hope for peace to achieve.

and I suppose todays headlines about NK threatening US military with destruction if we engage in our military drills is all just a propaganda bla bla?
ok new guy
I suppose you think it would be ok to hand over a million dollars to Somalian pirates in the name of peace and expect them to do the right thing like feed their people
edit on 23-2-2013 by Lil Drummerboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 09:17 AM
link   

reply to post by TrueBrit

Mate, stop preaching and deluding yourself with LIES over and over again, that old idea of “saving troops lives” proved ten times over that it was LIE, Japan was on verge of surrender like DDE is says above it was completely unnecessary act.

Wouldnt be the first time I have disagreed with a dead man. DDE is welcome to his opinion, but his self interested blabber about American lives couldnt be less important as far as I am concerned. Have you the slightest idea what the Japanese were doing during the second world war? They were easily as much of a bunch of facistic maniacs as North Korea is now, and the only difference between them is that they were getting owned. Those bombs may have been little more than punctuation, but funny how the Japanese dont make war on thier neighbors and enslave them any more, how much more peaceful the nation is toward its neighbors these days than it was then, dont you think?
Nearly as funny as people ignoring the abuses of human rights they committed during the war, which showed no sign of stopping by the end of it, but suddenly didnt happen so very much afterward... very odd that. Might have had something to do with the megaton kicking those bombs gave them. Just a thought.

The US nuked those cities to humiliate Soviets also warn them (because they entered the war against Japan and perhaps Americans most fears was the Soviet would capture Japan first since they were closer) so this act of cowardice was needed to warn them.. not THE END of the war as they taught us all in history classes.

Your link, and you are welcome to your opinion, but I look at results, and the results were as effective as they could have been given the timing and the situation. Not only did Japan, wisely cease military action against the allied powers, but the rest of the world lost its lunch, prayed to thier collective Gods, and there were no massive apocalyptic conflicts for a very long time after that. There were wars, but not end of world scenario wars. Again... results.

None of which has any baring in this matter. I only mentioned the atom bomb in response to the utterly whimsical prattle of the OP, not as a central point in my arguement.
edit on 23-2-2013 by TrueBrit because: added quotation marks.

edit on 23-2-2013 by TrueBrit because: ""

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

The signed armistice established a “complete cessation of all hostilities in Korea by all armed force”[32] that was to be enforced by the commanders of both sides. Essentially a complete cease-fire was put into force. The armistice is however only a cease-fire. No peace treaty was signed which means that Korean War has not officially ended.
Wiki

You do realize the U.S. has only been in a cease fire agreement since the 50's?
Since the war is not officially ended,the U.S. has every right to operate military exercises in the region.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Let me let you in on a little known fact. Agreeing with military action in one place, does not mean that you automatically agree with it in another. I am a vocal opponent of the recent wars in Iraq, Afghanistan, drone strikes in Pakistan, wanton and pointless rendition of innocent people to remote locations under trumped up terror charges, and the constant harrassment of people based on thier creed, as a direct result of wars fought for oil and power, rather than for freedom and fairness. I oppose those things.

Your accusations of warmongering mean nothing in the face of my ceaseless petitoning of my government to end its involvement in unjust wars. I know which side my bread is buttered, and am under no obligation to explain myself to you, or anyone else on such matters. However I will say this. Being against war fought for gain, is not the same as being enough of a gutless windbag to avoid a conflict that should be had, not the same as backing down in the face of tyranny.

While I am absolutely aware that corperate interests colour everything that the West does these days, I am also aware that people in North Korea are in far more dire circumstances than you, or anyone you know or are ever likely to meet, can even contemplate. The frame of reference does not allow Westerners in general, to even visualise one little figment of the harsh reality being forced on the entire populus of NK right now, and all you can do, is wring your hands. You cannot shame me, for at least I know where the line in the sand should be drawn, rather than being reluctant to even pick up a stick to draw one with.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Hopechest

Correct sir. NK's rhetoric never ends. They know darn well they are between a rock (SK and US) and a hard place (China).

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Hopefully North Korea won't end the ceasefire. The US would likely end up killing hundreds of thousands enemy solders who have no choice but to march south and then after destroying what's left in North Korea, who would pay to rebuild NK? Would China pay or just try to stop millions of refugees? The US doesn't have the money to do any more foreign country nation building. I'm thinking nothing will happen. NK might want a change though. Too bad they won't accept China's form of government and just grow their economy instead of trying to get handouts by threatening everyone.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by mysterioustranger

Correct sir. NK's rhetoric never ends. They know darn well they are between a rock (SK and US) and a hard place (China).

at least they didnt invade any countries compare to the US

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I wouldn't be surprised if this is the U.S. inciting North Korea to react. If North Korea does anything aggressive towards these drills, the U.S. will waste no time launching cruise missiles at their nuclear test sites. The U.S. is dying to close the book on North Korea, and they already know that China's relation with them has been strained.

The U.S. is just waiting for North Korea to take the bait. The question is, will they bite?

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   
This can go one of two ways , first nothing will happen , and it is all hot air by Un, the second is yes DPRK does sees the Mil drill as a real invation , thus letting lose the dogs of war , if you think this is all BS well then here is what is being said www.rodong.rep.kp... from the link

"Our enemy knows damn all about us. He suffered a crushing defeat in the Korean War in the 1950s but seemed to have drawn no lesson at all. Give him a slap in the face, and he will probably come to his senses again. If that won't do either, we must reduce his den to dust."

Kim Kyong Don, head of a medicine management office, says:

"By their success in the underground nuke test, our heroes let a nuke thunder-bolt rock the land of our enemy. We feel as if we had given a big punch to our foes. People of Kangson, the home of Chollima movement, declare that no armed provoker to us will find a shelter from our deadly blow. We work under the uplifted torch of Kangson for greater upsurge in production while getting ourselves well prepared to foil the reckless machinations of our hostile forces. If anyone dare come at us and damage our sovereignty and dignity even an iota, we all rise like lions and smash the enemy to the last one man."
they do not know we in the west /US are laughing at them, saying is that all you got , a powder puff? Now show us a 100 kt bomb we will take you seriously

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Oh crazy North Korean dictatorship, give us a reason to end you. Please?!

They really are such a nuisance, and down right evil if you ask me. Their prison camps should not be allowed, and their nuclear tests sould not be tollerated ever. I dont see why we dont disable them like we did Hussein.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

You mean like South Korea to kick off the Korean War? Which still hasn't ended.

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
From your perspective they are. But not from his. You're not the one who has been starved to death and isolated through sanctions for years.

The only people in North Korea that are starving are the civilian population. The government, and military leadership are eating quite nicely, and living in nice homes, and have electricity all the time. It's the civilian population that is being brutalized by the government, and starving to make sure the government can eat.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81
if the US would back off and remove all its SK bases
the north Koreans wouldnt be so aggresive toward the south
and wouldnt risk a world war with them involving China

Link
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 2/23/2013 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

No I disagree here. If the U.S removes it's bases then North Korea will just go ahead and take the fight to the south. You have to remember North and South Korea are still at war there was never a "peace treaty" signed by either party. So this thing can pop off at, literally any time.

Also I personally believe China won't aide North Korea when the area becomes a warzone. Because China knows North Korea has been only testing these missles and satelites to anger the west. Political move, but prolly a very dumb one. China isn't that stupid and they will pick and choose their battles closely.

-SAP-

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Hate to break it to you but your source is incorrect. The Potsdam Declaration was between Great Britain, the US and the Republic of China. The Soviets were at the Potsdam Conference, but did not sign the Potsdam Declaration as they were already starting to get frosty in lieu of the inevitable Cold War.

The Potsdam Declaration (July 26, 1945)

Proclamation Defining the Terms for the Japanese Surrender, July 26, 1945

(1) We — The President of the United States, the President of the National Government
of the Republic of China, and the Prime Minister of Great Britain, representing the
hundreds of millions of our countrymen, have conferred and agree that Japan shall be
given an opportunity to end this war.

...Blah, blah, blah and so on

Above narrative can be taken from numerous sources. Emperor Hirohito was not explicitly mentioned in the Declaration and the Japanese government rejected the terms. More fool them.

To OP and points made by others

Historically, the division of Korea happened after the Japanese surrendered. Korea had been seriously abused by Japan for several decades prior to their defeat in WW2 by the allies, and was split into North and South with the Soviets in the North and the US administering the South. The intention was reunification, but in context of the time, the question was simply which ideology would lead a reunified Korea – the free West or the Communist Soviets. In 1950 the North invaded the South and the UN with many nations went to the aid of the South - not just the US for you Americans who think that it was just you lot who shed blood. That’s history.

The North has been variously supported by the Soviets and latterly the Chinese ever since. NK has ended up a complete failure with regular famine, extreme indoctrination and a leadership that seems to be one sandwich short of a picnic.

The sooner North Korea dies the better for those poor repressed sods in that blighted land and the better for mankind. Only people as paranoid and lost as the First Secretary of the Workers' Party of Korea, Kim Jong-un actually believe that North Korea is worthwhile. Even NK’s erstwhile supporter, China, must have their doubts, but they are probably providing the drugs to Kim Jong-what-his-face that keeps him from carrying out his threats.

Regards

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   
nm content has been mentioned before
edit on 23-2-2013 by peashooter because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Already posted this.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   
love how americans say nk aint a threat?didn,t use learn from Vietnam war?

think the fact your own government keeps backing down should tell you something.....nk is a threat and america is scared from it,yous may think your oh so powerful but your government knows itself it would be suicide to even try

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by sparky31

Hooots
jock

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueBrit
And, where the issue of the condemned nuclear testing on the part of North Korea is concerned, the tests have been condemned because North Korea is an insane state, which persecutes its own people in ways that make the mewling of civil rights activists in the US, the UK and Europe, about the issues people face in those nations, look like children whining about parents taking away thier debit cards.

You got a lot of stars for that post, so let me address this poor analogy at least. Our government are not analogous to our parents. They are supposed to represent and serve us, the people. So sometimes the whining is just.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

"Freedom isn't free", man.

Lol, what a crock, eh? Talk about coming up with a slogan that can fly in the face of something hat's supposed to be one of our most core values (freedom... b o r n free), the perfect way to fear manger a population into this new desired kind of thinking (fear based).

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join