It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Commence Countdown to Launch

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I have just picked this up on Twitter, looks to be genuine! Now I'm not saying this is a count down
to war with the South, but is definitely going the wrong way.

I don't remember a time when the North was so sustained in its threats or aggressive posturing.

Bunker anyone

Source

North Korea appears to be preparing for a test launch of a new intermediate-range ballistic missile that would further heighten tensions in the region following an underground nuclear test earlier this month. Test preparations for the launch of a road-mobile Musudan intermediate-range ballistic missile were spotted recently by

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by rigel4

I don't think they're stupid enough to do anything more than test these weapons. To do so would bring about their annihilation.

I don't think the North Korean leaders would risk their little autocratic empire.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by DAZ21

I think that is probably the case with North Korea, but the decision to
make war may some day be taken out of their hands if this keeps up.
One wrong calculation by either side or a rocket launch that goes astray
and lands in the middle of Soul for example will kick off a world of hurt
for everyone.

Best thing that could happen is the Chinese Invade as far as the 38th parallel.

edit on 22-2-2013 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Its really simple. They do these 'tests' thinking it will get them leverage in any closed doors bargaining sessions that go on.

My opinion is they fail almost all of them, so it must make the same people theyre trying to impress, laugh their heads off.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by rigel4
reply to post by DAZ21

I think that is probably the case with North Korea, but the decision to
make war may some day be taken out of their hands if this keeps up.
One wrong calculation by either side or a rocket launch that goes astray
and lands in the middle of Soul for example will kick off a world of hurt
for everyone.

Best thing that could happen is the Chinese Invade as far as the 38th parallel.

edit on 22-2-2013 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

I'm not sure China should try and tame them. They might feel that they are being undermined and made to look foolish, so such a move may aggravate them into staging an attack on the south.

I say we give them some food aid. Just toss them the waste that we produce, that'll keep them quiet.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   
"Get ready for World War 3!" - Some guy every month

I won't hold my breath.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Who cares.. They'll test launch their missile and it'll fail like the last one and everyone will laugh at them while they celebrate anyway.

With any luck it wont make it 100 meters before it just falls straight back down on their heads

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 04:56 AM
link   
and it's still going the wrong way despite the argument that this is all bluster.

North Korea warns U.S. forces of "destruction" ahead of war drills

Source

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 05:09 AM
link   
reply to post by rigel4

China would NEVER back North Korea if the U.S. had to invade because the North either attacked the South or the North attempted a Nuclear Tipped ICBM launch at the U.S...which such ICBM would be immediatly shot down by a variety of U.S. Military ABM's such as the sea based in Aegis Cruisers SM-3 ABM/ASAT...the USAF F-15 delivered ABM of 5 various types and the just recently made operational as well as being in the process of being installed in every USN. Carrier as well as in all USN. Aegis Cruisers...FEL or Free Electron Laser.

China has just about HAD IT with North Korea and the lastest flack has the North Korean Leadership REFUSING Chinese Food AID offered to them after many reports of Canabalism and Starvation of MILLIONS of North Koreans. China offered the North...Rice and Instant Noodle Soup. The North Korean Leaders counter offered saying they wanted...Rice and Concrete. China...lividly admonished the North Korean Leadership stating they would get NO CONCRETE. The North then REFUSED all Food Aid.

The United States would most likely handle such a war using MASS SATURATION BOMBING of North Korean Targets as well as the possibility of using New Non-Nuclear USAF Airdropped EMP devices. These weapons come in several sizes and strengths as two of the smaller EMP's can fit inside the internal Bomb Bay's of a USAF F/A-22 Raptor.

It is HIGHLY unlikely China would get involved this time.

Split Infinity

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

Greta post mate enjoyed reading your reply, wish i could find
such good material.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

As intriguing as your argument sounds, I need you to provide evidence of NK denying food aid from China. Also, I need evidence that supports your statement saying EMPs can fit in the bomb bay of F-22's.

Not saying you're wrong, I just think it's fair to support speculation with evidence.
edit on 23-2-2013 by xxcircasurf because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by rigel4

Thanks.

Where are you from...er...Mate? If Aussie Land...I have been there several times in several capacities.

Split Infinity

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by xxcircasurf

The Food Aid thing I both watched on CNN as well as read about on Google News.

The EMP thing is something I know about from my Sometimes....JOB...in which I work with some of the very best of the U.S. Military. I am however a..."CIVILIAN"....in the way the quotes denote...thus the reason for my......knowledge.

Split Infinity

new topics

top topics

join