It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missing Canadian woman's body found at L.A. hotel

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by diqiushiwojia
reply to post by 404ed

I agree that suicide is not likely, but this building isn't really that tall for her to jump off to commit suicide. It has only 13 storeys, which means if she jumps off, she will probably get heavily injured, but not die.

Actually, it has 15 stories and many people have committed suicide by jumping from less. Take a look at the top of this page, I gave a brief history.

ETA: Back a page.
edit on 21-2-2013 by FlySolo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   

reply to post by 404ed

I agree that suicide is not likely, but this building isn't really that tall for her to jump off to commit suicide. It has only 13 storeys, which means if she jumps off, she will probably get heavily injured, but not die.

A story or floor is approx 12 feet on average. if you fell 150 feet, you are going to have you innards extracted out your rectum, if you landed feet first it would drive your main legs bones into your abdomen.

Is this what you mean by heavily injured? LOL

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I just heard about that story today. I do agree that something is not right with her. I want to say that it could be drugs but from the look of her, it looks like she got posessed by something. I wonder if she left any kind of notes or writing in her room.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   
A little more info on Elisa:

She was traveling through Southern California and was in San Diego for a few days before she traveled to Los Angeles on the 28th

Lam has no prior history of disappearing in the past.

"She was in contact with her parents daily up until the 31st,

After her sight-seeing trip in Los Angeles, Lam planned to go up north. She was traveling by train and the public transportation system.

That's about all I have been able to find on her. I was trying to find out why she was traveling out there alone in the first place. I know that at 21 she was a grown woman, but she was still one to contact her parents daily to check in. It just seems dangerous to me for a young woman to travel to a different country by herself and stay in such a shady part of town. Maybe that's just me and I am too sheltered, but that's my thoughts nonetheless.

The police are checking surveillance videos and if there has been any bank transactions. During the press conference, Teague was asked about Lam's cell phone. "I don't want to talk about the cell phone, right now, very much, we have some of her property and she was in regular contact with her parents until 6 days ago," said Teague.
Elisa Lam

It will be interesting to see what they find as far as places she visited and folks she was in contact with while there.

~OkieDokie

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

A few weeks ago in Miami Beach. There was a tall blonde women in a button down white shirt and a floral knee length skirt laying down on the floor with 1 leg out stretched in front of her. Very Very strange. She seemed to be on some kind of drug because her behavior was so strange, people walking by kept stopping to stare, some to help her up but she would not get up. just kept laying there, sometimes arching her back. This was at 9am on a tuesday, my guess is that she was a tourist and someone slipped her something. It was windy that morning and her skirt kept flying up, a older lady standing by her kept pulling her skirt back down. A truly strange scene to see. She def did not look like a local nor a partier that ended up there from the night before. As soon as I saw this video, It reminded me of this lady. Check out the pic.
3.bp.blogspot.com...

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlySolo

reply to post by 404ed

Actually, it has 15 stories and many people have committed suicide by jumping from less. Take a look at the top of this page, I gave a brief history.

ETA: Back a page.
edit on 21-2-2013 by FlySolo because: (no reason given)

Fair enough. I concede then.

reply to post by OkieDokie

What's strangest about her presence in LA is that she's supposedly going to Santa Cruz to get a job at a farm.

The tarot cards got her death and the location of her body right, so I think it would be reasonable to trust them on one more thing. One of the cards was the Devil. That means she fell into a trap because she was drugged or tricked. It could be that her murderer wanted her for her money or, heaven forbid, raping her as the Devil symbolises desire.

Source: www.awaker.net...

I think it could also be a devil worshipper since a Satanist has once spent the night at this hotel. Perhaps a cultist wanted to sacrifice her.
edit on 21/2/13 by diqiushiwojia because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 02:41 AM
link   

at 0:13 the doors start to close, then reopen, like someone is keeping thems open
hotel staff can control the elevators remotely right ?

Elevator is acting weird. From the moment the clip starts, she pushes all the buttons. I counted up to a full minute yet the doors remained open. I can also see she is on the top floor because once the doors close and open again, the floor button light goes off from the the top down. Something or someone is preventing the elevator door from closing. Not until she finally decides to walk away. This is very spooky

I have lived and worked in all sorts of different buildings in my life and there is something that is preventing this elevator from closing, possibly somebody holding down the button on the other side or manipulating it through some security function.

@ 0:13 the doors begin to close then immediately halt, it is possible to put it on a standby mode but this usually requires a key to do so, and the doors continue to close after she exits the elevator without touching the control panel. As the elevator moves it indicates that she was on the top floor.

The fact that this elevator didn't seem to work while she was inside practically led to her being murdered (alarmed roof, locked water tank, found naked). Perhaps she was on mind-altering drugs at the time which could explain some of the behavior but also this woman has no history of mental illness or conditions from what I have read. If she was on drugs where did she get it? She wasn't all by herself doing it alone I can guarantee you that. Was there any other recordings of her entering the building? Was she attempting to get away from somebody?

There is something very sketchy going on here.
edit on 22-2-2013 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 05:00 AM
link   
maybe she's doing some sort of sign language?

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   
based on her behavior, I would say she is under the influence of a hallucinogen or in total fight or flight mode. Maybe she witnessed something or is hearing something she shouldn't as well. I wonder if she visited the bar in the hotel...where is that footage. Has there been any other strange disappearances in that hotel?

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by blackmetalmist

wait so you are dismissing possible drug use for being possessed...seriously? She is acting just like someone who is slap dab in the middle of a drug induced psychosis, at least according to my mental health expert of a wife...

Its more likely she is suffering acute overdose of some kind of amphetamine or hallucinogen based on the things she is seen doing...

With that said, she is obviously scared and hiding from someone...something is preventing the doors from closing. After she steps out of the elevator for the first time she seems to get really frustrated and is swiping at things around her head(this is indicative of someone starting to feel the effects of a drug). She steps back into the elevator and starts pushing the buttons again but with more panic in her attempts...I actually think she though she was on a different floor by this time, btw but not really important. She then starts acting even more strange and confused and steps out again for the last time, she is clearly counting on her hands as she talks to someone...you can see her do that thing where you pull your fingers down as you recount multiple things...then she stops and appears to just walk off the way she came from in the first place...

Speculation to the umph degree is going to follow:

there is a drug from colombia or bolivia called Scopolamine... basically its fast acting, extremely powerful and makes you basically totally docile and easily manipulated to the point you will gladly give away your money, steal from yourself by letting the druggers into your apartment to take your belongings, etc...My guess is someone in the hotel bar or pool whatever, drugged this girl and somehow lost her...she most likely started to panic before the full affects took over...we are seeing in the video the very first wave of the drug taking over and by the end of the video she glady goes with whoever is there...my 2 cents

edit on 22-2-2013 by JustJoe because: i watched again and adjusted my take on the video from page 1

edit on 22-2-2013 by JustJoe because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by JustJoe

Its more likely she is suffering acute overdose of some kind of amphetamine or hallucinogen based on the things she is seen doing...

I know the quickest dismissal is drug induced behavior but I disagree. I've watched the clip many times with various narratives and I don't think she is drugged at all. This is the narrative I believe that happened. She's on the 15th floor and something has happened to scare her prior to getting into the elevator.

When the door opens, she immediately begins pushing all the center buttons on the elevator panel. Starting from 14, 10, 7, 4 M, B, door open as seen here to throw off anyone who is following:

This is the actual elevator panel from the Cecil hotel. Because she's not wearing her glasses, she can't see clearly and accidentally hits the door hold button. She hides in the corner and waits, but the door doesn't close. She starts to get frustrated when the door isn't closing and doesn't want to be caught cornered in an elevator that isn't going anywhere so she waits in the hall.

She comes back in the elevator and presses all the buttons again to try and activate the elevator. She's frustrated and wants the elevator to close, but not with her outside. The weird hand movements is her trying to activate or stimulate the infrared sensor that prevents the door from closing when someone is in the way.

she is clearly being asked by someone to step out of the elevator doors and move to the left side and against the wall.

I think you're right about this. Someone is just to the left. I know she's in Elevator 1, which would be the one on the left (facing the elevators) which means there is an elevator to her left. I know she's also on the 15th floor because the walls of the hotel are green on the 14th floor as seen here. When the door finally closes, you can see each light go off one by one starting with the top button.

They get off on the 14th floor and you can see the elevator panel says "elevator 2" panel on the left.

there is a drug from colombia or bolivia called Scopolamine...

Bringing scopolamine into the states would be hard but not to say impossible. But if she was under the influence of scoplomine, I don't think she would be hiding from anyone but who knows.

The question is, why is she on the 15th floor and without her glasses? Something bad happened to her on that floor and she almost got away. If it wasn't for that damn elevator! So close girl...you almost made it.

ETA: where is the CCTV of her going to the 15th floor? With whom? This will be the key to solving this mystery.

edit on 22-2-2013 by FlySolo because: (no reason given)

ETA2: I really want people to watch when the door first closes at 2:57. It's not right. Something has been edited because there is a lag in the frames. This is the only point in the clip when it does that.
edit on 22-2-2013 by FlySolo because: (no reason given)

edit on Sat Feb 23 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: correction per member request

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by mako10
maybe she's doing some sort of sign language?

I read that as well. Looks like she is signing "friend"

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlySolo

When the door opens, she immediately begins pushing all the center buttons on the elevator panel. Starting from 14, 10, 7, 4 M, B, door open as seen here to throw off anyone who is following:

She comes back in the elevator and presses all the buttons again to try and activate the elevator. She's frustrated and wants the elevator to close, but not with her outside. The weird hand movements is her trying to activate or stimulate the infrared sensor that prevents the door from closing when someone is in the way.

[...]

The question is, why is she on the 15th floor and without her glasses? Something bad happened to her on that floor and she almost got away. If it wasn't for that damn elevator! So close girl...you almost made it.

[...]

ETA2: I really want people to watch when the door first closes at 2:57. It's not right. Something has been edited because there is a lag in the frames. This is the only point in the clip when it does that.

This is a brilliant bit of deductive reasoning. At first I thought she was high off her head, but now I agree with you. She might be a little bit high or drunk, but not tripping majorly. Her hand gestures are an attempt to activate a motion sensor she believes is keeping the door open.

As for what happens at 2:57.. note that it is just before the door closes and the elevator descends. I think the cops just edited down the length of video it took before the 'hold door' button reset. Otherwise the video might have been much longer without anything taking place in frame.

There is no way this was a suicide or an accident. Many easier ways to kill oneself. No way a 5 foot tall person could have climbed herself way up to those water tower lids, they are like 10 feet off the ground. See image here: bc.ctvnews.ca...

I hope that the LA cops are as observant as you in terms of analysing the video. If her room wasn't located on the 15th floor, clearly something bad happened there during her stay. Should be easy to track down a short list of suspects from that information.

edit on 22-2-2013 by kristobal because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by kristobal

Thank-you. This case has really been on my mind as you can tell. Elisa Lam was murdered and I really hope the cops find her killer.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

After reading and considering your ideas I do agree...it makes much more sense.

I went a little to far...your scenario is actually more tragic I must say...I think what we are actually watching is a pg snuff film. it kinda feels that way to me

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I hope the coward or cowards responsible are brought to swift justice. Not the broken, take many years so called justice system we have today. Who ever is responsible should be executed. Those of you against the death penalty for murderers are the one's insane.

This was not an accident, not some girl under drugs and there is absolutely no reason for anyone to think that. How twisted some of you are. This girl was murdered. As from a related news article, "The only way to get to the roof is through a locked door that only employees have access to and a fire escape. The door is equipped with an alarm system that notifies hotel personnel if someone is up there."
edit on 22-2-2013 by soaringhawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

Holy Sherlock Holmes! Brilliant bit of deductive reasoning for sure, well done!
I was going to mention that aspect but you blew the doors right off! Something is definately wrong as you said, she definately should have been wearing her glasses if her eyesight is bad enough for her to have to bend down and look at the numbers up close, which she still appeared to be unsure so she pressed the whole row.

Also, If you watch at 2:10 in the video when she begins to make hand signals, it almost looks like she is counting off three "points" or "reasons", each one followed by a bit of speech (her excuse or reason?). Her body language while she is making the third "point" suggests it was very important or she was stressing the issue. After which, her shoulders slump down in defeat, almost as if her "reasons" weren't well received or/and she was aware something terrible was about to happen to her. Just speculating...

I also agree, the video definately looks edited around the time the door is about to close. You can also notice the time on the camera stops at that moment.

Poor girl, I hope they properly solve this one and justice is served.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ArchaicDesigns

I'd prefer justice is served. All those who prey on people. Especially the weak have no place in our society. Justice being served is not living behind bars being fed, clothed and given a bed. The idea of justice in this country is a joke. I think it's wrong that someone who commits a violent crime can even have the chance to post bale.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Ok, I've watched the video a few times and read all of the posts thus far.

What a horrible tragedy, and my heart goes out to her loved ones.

When she initially gets on the elevator, she doesn't appear to be too frightened or under the influence of anything. I say that based on her body language. At most, she looks a little irritated the way she slowly points her finger and pushes the buttons. After the buttons, she just seems to be waiting for the elevator to work. It seems to me she becomes startled by a noise and that's when she looks out of the elevator, both ways. Immediately after is when she begins to look frightened and seems to panic, quickly hides in the corner.

When she finally steps out of the elevator, she seems to clearly be talking with someone. I agree with the above post about listing reasons out on her fingers. It totally looks like she is having a conversation.

I believe she became convinced by whoever "froze" the elevator to use the stairs. Who knows what happened after that and at what point she ended up in the water tank. She was missing for a couple of weeks. She wasn't necessarily in the tank the entire time.

Interesting, but so heartbreaking. Poor thing.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by raedar

It's evil. No other way about it. A young life that didn't get to fully shine and to see justice served would be keeping that light shining. Our justice system is way too lenient on violent criminals. It's really sick and by these light sentences they are contributing to this evil.

I once saw an episode of Star Trek Voyager where a race had tech to cause a murderer to relive the last moments of the victim. Experiencing all the fear and everything. Too bad something like that doesn't exist.
edit on 22-2-2013 by soaringhawk because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join