It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Get a Load of These Police Targets....Scary Stuff.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Creep Thumper
Fat slob of an

office worker
construction worker
plumber
secretary
bank teller
electrician
cable repairman
factory worker

Do you see where I'm going with this?

Do any of them carry guns and electrocution devices in holsters?

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Visitor2012

Originally posted by Echo3Foxtrot
reply to post by Visitor2012

What do you mean "nice try?" Should I just not look at this from every angle and jump on the "cops are training to shoot us" bandwagon?

Maybe they are training to shoot us all. Or maybe it's to help condition normal people to be able to make a life or death decision in the worst case scenario. Maybe I could and should have just said it this way. Bu I would rather not jump to paranoid conclusions and try to look at this from every angle possible.

reply to post by Sk8ergrl

A solid point. Cops are here to be a service to the public. Some cops don't realize that they're not there to be a power over them.

However, if said power hungry cop were going to hurt said pregnant woman in the first place, they obviously have no qualms shooting people and won't need to condition themselves to it.
edit on 2/19/13 by Echo3Foxtrot because: (no reason given)

I think it's very dangerous to teach a fat slob of a cop to recognize the difference between a pregnant woman, and a pregnant woman with a gun. Your average brainwashed cop, is not sane enough, not intelligent enough,to be given that type of training. It's best they just get shot by a pregnant woman, then kill my pregnant wife for carrying a black cell phone.

That type of lightning fast recognition training is not suitable for high strung, trigger happy gangsters in uniform. I don't care if the cop can protect himself or not. If you want to risk your life attacking people's freedom, enforcing illegal laws, pissing on the Constitution, that's your affair. But I only CARE about the people they are SUPPOSED to be protecting.
There are a MILLION things the police can do to increase their ability to protect others. Turning pictures of civilians, who could just be protecting themselves, into swiss cheese is not one of them.

edit on 19-2-2013 by Visitor2012 because: (no reason given)

This whole post makes you sound like a generalizing idiot

I'm in the process of becoming a LEO now...

You need a 4 year degree, run the mile comfortably under 8 minutes, do at least 50 pushups in one shot...whenever asked, and a battery of other physically challenging tests...

You've been watching too much T.V.

real officers are intelligent, in shape, and brave enough to do a really demanding job

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   

An armed threat is an armed threat. Don't be so squeamish. Would you rather your kids were blown to smithereens?

I gave wrong reply

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   

You're looking at this all subjectively and through your own skewed vision. Your comment here does nothing to further the discussion. I understand you have a fear of the badge and the people behind it, but I want to know why yousee cops this way. Were you personally attacked by a cop?

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I think most of you are missing the point of these targets. These would be used in a training scenario were you have to make a split second decision. The pictures are designed to distract an LEO. They want to see how long it takes them to notice the gun and identify which is a threat. Ask a friend what is wrong with the picture and then show them the picture. See how long it takes them to notice the gun. That inability by an LEO could be serious.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by xNightwing

What do you mean "nice try?" Should I just not look at this from every angle and jump on the "cops are training to shoot us" bandwagon?

Maybe they are training to shoot us all. Or maybe it's to help condition normal people to be able to make a life or death decision in the worst case scenario. Maybe I could and should have just said it this way. Bu I would rather not jump to paranoid conclusions and try to look at this from every angle possible.

A solid point. Cops are here to be a service to the public. Some cops don't realize that they're not there to be a power over them.

However, if said power hungry cop were going to hurt said pregnant woman in the first place, they obviously have no qualms shooting people and won't need to condition themselves to it.

I think it's very dangerous to teach a fat slob of a cop to recognize the difference between a pregnant woman, and a pregnant woman with a gun. Your average brainwashed cop, is not sane enough, not intelligent enough,to be given that type of training. It's best they just get shot by a pregnant woman, then kill my pregnant wife for carrying a black cell phone.

That type of lightning fast recognition training is not suitable for high strung, trigger happy gangsters in uniform. I don't care if the cop can protect himself or not. If you want to risk your life attacking people's freedom, enforcing illegal laws, pissing on the Constitution, that's your affair. But I only CARE about the people they are SUPPOSED to be protecting.
There are a MILLION things the police can do to increase their ability to protect others. Turning pictures of civilians, who could just be protecting themselves, into swiss cheese is not one of them.

You need a 4 year degree, run the mile comfortably under 8 minutes, do at least 50 pushups in one shot...whenever asked, and a battery of other physically challenging tests...

real officers are intelligent, in shape, and brave enough to do a really demanding job

Brave enough to do a really demanding ILLEGAL job, extorting hard working citizens, harrasing and bugging us every step of the way.... and getting shot for it. Sounds real intelligent.

You're going to enforce laws and protect us from the bad guys? Or are you going to become like the rest of the them and turn against us,

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
I'm surprised they don't have a white male holding up the Constitution, "Targeting for a safer America"

Safer for who? The politicians, bankers and CEOs, of course.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Brave enough to do a really demanding ILLEGAL job, extorting hard working citizens, harrasing and bugging us every step of the way.... and getting shot for it. Sounds real intelligent.

You're going to enforce laws and protect us from the bad guys? Or are you going to become like the rest of the them and turn against us,

Would either answer change your jaded point of view?

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   

An armed threat is an armed threat. Don't be so squeamish. Would you rather your kids were blown to smithereens?

You DO mean the armed threat knocking on the front door wanting to confiscate our guns, right?

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   

You're looking at this all subjectively and through your own skewed vision. Your comment here does nothing to further the discussion. I understand you have a fear of the badge and the people behind it, but I want to know why yousee cops this way. Were you personally attacked by a cop?

I hate cops and everything that they do. They've never protected me from anything. And they have an untarnished record, when it comes to being corrupt and violating the public they're supposed to be protecting. I make no apologies for my utter dislike of the entire police force, good and bad.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by anton74
I think most of you are missing the point of these targets. These would be used in a training scenario were you have to make a split second decision. The pictures are designed to distract an LEO. They want to see how long it takes them to notice the gun and identify which is a threat. Ask a friend what is wrong with the picture and then show them the picture. See how long it takes them to notice the gun. That inability by an LEO could be serious.

Traditionally, training targets depicted typical "bad guys" with guns. They'd be wearing a ski mask, or generally looking gangster, while non-threatening "civilians" depict ordinary people - unarmed.

These targets blur that distinction at the VERY least. So LE is now betting that those ordinary civilians are going to be a threat? Perhaps rather than depicting them as target practice, they should make an assessment about WHY these kinds of people might be a threat, and do something about THAT rather than desensitizing cops to killing civilians. And by that I mean WHAT is the cause of the population arming themselves? Tyranny?

Cops took an oath, as we all know.

edit on 19-2-2013 by AwakeinNM because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye
Is there any doubt now what they are training for? This company would not have them for sale if there was not a market for them with LE... Sigh!

I agree Hawk, if there was no market they would not make them. Our country is on a very dark road and I fear the suffering of thousands before we find our way as a nation again.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Would either answer change your jaded point of view?

YES! Don't you think the people could use some GOOD from you guys for a change? Sure would be nice to see you guys HELPING us preserve our rights , don't you think? But everywhere I look, you guys are writing tickets, harrassing people minding their own business. Every time I see a video of you guys, your swinging batons, beating and tasing peacefull protesters. Choking and slapping our wives, husbands and children.

And your asking me why I have such a jaded view? I can't recall a SINGLE moment in our history, when the police force has been embraced for its contribution to World peace or community safety.

Let's pull our heads out of our rear ends. These guys serve ONE purpose, and your protection has nothing too do with it.

And now your using armed pregnant women and children as target practice. Hardly a gesture of good intention wouldn't you agree?

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   

I've always been a protector, so my goal is to ACTUALLY protect people, yes

Unfortunately, tickets and such have to be given in response to laws like speeding and such

But I'll stand by my view, that as messed up as it may come off, these targets arent that terrible when there are situations in this world where a pregnant woman/mother/kid can go on a rampage with a gun...and if an officer has too long of a hesitation in those situations, he and/or other innocents will die

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

anybody can buy these targets...they are catering to the masses and who's to say that the police department is going to be using half of these targets...they have monster targets also...disturbing as this is, this is what free market is all about...if there is an audience that will buy it...folks are going to sell it...

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   
My question is if they use these targets shouldn't they fail a course if they shoot what amounts to a civilian in a vital area? Just because someone poses a danger should they not shoot to disable first and not shoot to kill? My fear is that they are being used as a shoot to kill standpoint where headshot and chest shots are looked upon favorably and arm or leg shots may mean "you fail".

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   

I've always been a protector, so my goal is to ACTUALLY protect people, yes

Unfortunately, tickets and such have to be given in response to laws like speeding and such

But I'll stand by my view, that as messed up as it may come off, these targets arent that terrible when there are situations in this world where a pregnant woman/mother/kid can go on a rampage with a gun...and if an officer has too long of a hesitation in those situations, he and/or other innocents will die

When has that ever happened in sufficient numbers to warrant a change in training? If you want to protect people, why not be a firefighter? They're the only people out there, saving, helping and protecting us. If you want to help people, why join a legalized militia?

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

The only two people to ever pull a knife on me in my LE career was a 15 year special needs girl and about a 40 year old suicidal woman who was pregnant. Luckily both incidents ended peacefully but the fact is....anyone can pull a knife on you and I don't think these targets are a bad thing.

There were studies back in Vietnam with soldiers missing their targets on purpose....then they did something like added eyes to the targets and shortly after they claimed more soldiers were hitting the enemy. Who knows if that is true or how they can even measure that but my point is....LE is a #ty world man and there may be a day an officer has to shoot a pregnant lady wielding a gun...its a #ty fact of life...and maybe one of the reasons I want out of law enforcement.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Filming the police walking the beat or cruising their route would just be ...boring. And of course you know how those boring videos go all viral right?

These are training aids...nothing more, nothing less.

If you are so righteous, why don't you join your local police force. Walk a mile in their shoes before passing judgment.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   

You didn't answer my question. Why do you hate cops? Have they beaten you, shot you, murdered a friend or family member? Or is it just an irrational hate of cops because of what you see on tv? Have you never taken the time to just talk to a cop? How about request to go on a ride-along and see for yourself what cops do and how most of them conduct themselves.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join