It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Benghazi: The Definitive Report' In 2012, a secret war across North Africa was well underway.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Petraeus was brought down after betrayal by vengeful CIA agents

'Benghazi: The Definitive Report' is a short read at just 83 pages. However, it is packed with little-known details and exclusive information and background about the consulate attack. Here are a few key excerpts from the book:

(Deputy National Security Advisor) John Brennan also ran a highly compartmentalized program out of the White House in regard to weapons transfers, and Stevens would not have been trusted with that type of information. Stevens likely helped consolidate as many weapons as possible after the war to safeguard them, at which point Brennan exported them overseas to start another conflict.
During the rebellion against Gaddafi and in the aftermath of his death, Libya and North Africa became a staging ground for a dizzying array of operations by SpecOps, paramilitary forces, and international private military contractors working for everyone from European nations to multibillion-dollar oil corporations.
What we do know is that the British Special Air Service (SAS) landed in Libya at some point—probably the secretive intelligence gathering component of the SAS called 'The Increment,' which works alongside MI-6.
Elite counter-terrorist operators from America’s Delta Force were deployed to Libya as 'analysts,' which allowed President Obama to declare that America did not have any boots on the ground but was simply providing air support for the rebels. The reality was that Delta Force had a small contingent instructing the rebels in the finer points of weapons and tactics.
Behind closed doors, President Obama had given his counterterrorism adviser, John Brennan, carte blanche to run operations in North Africa and the Middle East, provided he didn’t do anything that ended up becoming an exposé in The New York Times and embarrassing the administration. In 2012, a secret war across North Africa was well underway.
With JSOC (Joint Special Operations Command), Brennan waged his own unilateral operations in North Africa outside of the traditional command structure. These Direct Action (DA) operations, unlike the traditional ISR missions mentioned above, were 'off the books' in the sense that they were not coordinated through the Pentagon or other governmental agencies, including the CIA. With Obama more than likely providing a rubber stamp, the chain of command went from Brennan to McRaven, who would then mobilize the men of ISA (Intelligence Support Activity), SEAL Team Six, or Delta Force to conduct these missions.
With a small element launching from an airfield in a European nation, JSOC operations targeted Al Qaeda personalities within Libyan militia organizations. In the weeks before the Benghazi tragedy, they most likely hit a known associate of Al-Suri in order to get him to “up periscope” and increase his visibility, which would then make it possible for JSOC to run a targeted operation to kill or capture him.
The aftermath of one of these secret raids into Libya would have grave consequences for all of them, including former Navy SEALs Ty Woods and Glen Doherty. SOFREP believes the Benghazi attack on 9/11/12 was blowback from the late-summer JSOC operations that were threatening the Al Qaeda-aligned militant groups (including Ansar Al-Sharia) in Libya and North Africa, now a leading base of operations for Islamic extremism.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... Report.html#ixzz2KVSPGbiI
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Murphy and co-author Brandon Webb also revealed that the September 11 Benghazi terrorist attack that killed four Americans, including Ambassador Chris Stevens, was retaliation by Islamist militants who had been targeted by covert U.S. military operations.

The book claims that neither Stevens nor even Petraeus knew about the raids by American special operations troops, which had 'kicked a hornet's nest' among the heavily-armed fighters after the overthrow of Libyan dictator Muammar Gaddafi.

John Brennan, President Barack Obama's Deputy National Security Adviser, had been authorizing 'unilateral operations in North Africa outside of the traditional command structure,' according to the e-book. Brennan is Obama's pick to replace Petraeus as head of the CIA.

Also anger over politicians using the issue for political gain Republicans to bring down Obama,
Obama and democrats deflecting and downplaying the warnings.

Yes they were down playing and ignoring it, because Obama had given Brennan carte blanche to run secret operations in North Africa and the Middle East

www.amazon.com...
edit on 092828p://bSunday2013 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Another interesting notion, considering his name came up as VP nominee.

'It’s almost like they wanted him not just to resign but that they wanted him kicked out of the political game for at least a number of years,' Murphy told MailOnline.

Petraeus was being kept in the dark about the raids taking place in Lybia and North Africa, and was an outsider in the Obama administration.

Brennan never warned the CIA or Stevens about ongoing U.S. military operations in the country.

John Brennan also ran a highly compartmentalized program out of the White House in regard to weapons transfers, and Stevens would not have been trusted with that type of information. Stevens likely helped consolidate as many weapons as possible after the war to safeguard them, at which point Brennan exported them overseas to start another conflict.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... Report.html#ixzz2KVWKPwd4
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Behind closed doors, President Obama had given his counterterrorism adviser, John Brennan, carte blanche to run operations in North Africa and the Middle East, provided he didn’t do anything that ended up becoming an exposé in The New York Times and embarrassing the administration. In 2012, a secret war across North Africa was well underway.

In 2012, a secret war across North Africa was well underway.
edit on 082828p://bSunday2013 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 08:54 AM
link   
PREVIEW – Benghazi: The Definitive Report

sofrep.com...

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Moammar Khadafy, was cooperating with the US, granting them the right to use Libyan territory for CIA black sites.

Having helped to engineer the ouster of Khadafy with air strikes left Obama with the problem of a revitalized al Qaeda springing up to fill the void.

www.nypost.com...

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

GOOD STUFF!!

My head is spinning... If this tragedy is not flayed open for the whole world to see, we've got problems.... There is sufficient evidence and there are enough contradictions to warrant a full and formal investigation. Enough of the 5 minute Q&A sessions on the Hill....

Still waiting to hear official testimony from all of the survivors. It's been quite difficult to get the truth out of the 4 dead Americans. This goes way deep. Considering that al of Obama's top cabinet members supported arming the rebels to top Assad. and Obama somehow "opposed" the action on the eve of the election...

I wonder how Valerie Jarrett thought about that plan. She probably told Obama to stay stupid on the topic...

Good Find!!!

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

She probably told Obama to stay stupid on the topic...

That shouldn't be to hard for him to do, a couple times last week in light of events posted I said, Obama aint running this show,
Nov. 24, 2009

On April 9, CIA chief Leon Panetta issued a statement notifying CIA employees that the agency "no longer operates detention facilities or black sites"

"Do whatever you have to do."
Obama

That is a very telling statement.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   

What will it take for something to stick to Teflon Obama? If he evades justice within our system he will always have to worry about Karma and the Lord Above!!
Amazing

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Panetta: Obama Absent Night of Benghazi

Now let's compare this info with these testimonies and Hilliary's,"What difference does it make," quote.

OH! and Americans will elect her!? nice.
www.weeklystandard.com...
the president left operational details, including knowledge of what resources were available to help the Americans under siege, "up to us."

Panetta says that the night of 9/11, he did not communicate with a single person at the White House.

the president found time for a non-urgent, politically useful, hour-long call to Prime Minister Netanyahu.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho

What will it take for something to stick to Teflon Obama? If he evades justice within our system he will always have to worry about Karma and the Lord Above!!
Amazing

I don't know what it will take, I still don't know who this guy is, truthfully, my gut instinct always thought he was a shady character, and I am seldom wrong.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

Yep .. that's the one that really gets me. The dude is never around .. not for the UBL decision .. not for Benghazi ... not for his security briefings ... not for the Jobs Council meetings ... but he manages to get to the golf course.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

Yep .. that's the one that really gets me. The dude is never around .. not for the UBL decision .. not for Benghazi ... not for his security briefings ... not for the Jobs Council meetings ... but he manages to get to the golf course.

It is becoming more and more obvious he is never around, maybe he is an actor.

I don't know what to think,

Or perhaps he is so out of his league and incompetent they are all running the show.

Who was it that said Obama is lazy?
www.washingtontimes.com...
edit on 102828p://bSunday2013 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Yes, please keep on top of this.

Good stuff. I haven't been paying much attention lately to this development.
Thanks for presenting this for us,

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
Yes, please keep on top of this.

Good stuff. I haven't been paying much attention lately to this development.
Thanks for presenting this for us,

Thanks Slay, thanks for posting,

If we knew the full truth, wow, if all we ever get are these tidbits, imagine how bad it really is.
edit on 122828p://bSunday2013 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   

More "blowback" from this Administration.

Why am I NOT surprised............

S&F for giving us some more pieces to the puzzle.....

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

More "blowback" from this Administration.

Why am I NOT surprised............

S&F for giving us some more pieces to the puzzle.....

I hate loose ends, to many stories on ATS have beginnings but never followed through to the end, to many fragmented topics that should be brought together to form the conclusion.

But people lose interest, it is true we have short memories and attention spans,

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   
What some people will never admit is the the US/CIA has been using black sites since the Johnson administration tho only one admin ever caught any crap for it.

For sure Benghazi think that only scratched the surface and if people believe this www.huffingtonpost.com... don't forget both the military and the CIA outsource a complete end run around that- contractors..

edit on 10-2-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   
we've had troops operating in various parts of Africa since late 2002. not much has ever been reported on it, and I'm at a loss to understand why. how Petraeus was ignorant of that, I have no idea and find it hard to credibly believe this assertion. up until 2006 when AfriCom was created, Africa feel under CentCom's command. Petraeus took CentCom over in '08, and CentCom and AfriCom routinely work hand in hand, and combatant commands routinely work with the CIA for intelligence activities.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Not to derail this thread, but this little excerpt just proves what many of us have been saying all along. These wars are about one thing and that is resources, the main one being oil!

During the rebellion against Gaddafi and in the aftermath of his death, Libya and North Africa became a staging ground for a dizzying array of operations by SpecOps, paramilitary forces, and international private military contractors working for everyone from European nations to multibillion-dollar oil corporations.

This report has some information that some have said was an issue from the get go, such as the arms deals that were kept very quiet about. All in all this is a good source of information that gives some insight to what many here have been saying and thinking all along.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaDe_

This report has some information that some have said was an issue from the get go, such as the arms deals

Those were my thoughts too,

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I didn't realize it went back that far, but I didn't realize a lot of things.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join