It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ex-officer suspect in California cop killing

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by IvanAstikov

Originally posted by windword
reply to post by paratus

I don't really know what to make of that story. Stealing some random old man's boat seems like an act of desperation, and really stupid. This guy was in the Navy, it seems to me that if he wanted a boat, he would have already planned for that. This report makes him seem sloppy and panicked, but everything else says he's not.

It's convenient that he left his ID there though, otherwise, we'd just be thinking a large black man who resembled the suspect was trying to steal a boat.

Here's the link for timeline.

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by cripmeister

He posted it on Facebook, I posted the copy of it.

The AP edited the copy they put out and were caught. I posted that also.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   
We have two options:

1. If he didn't do anything, and this whole masquerade is to cover LAPD corruption that he was whistle-blowing on, there is absolutely no way he will get out of this alive. None. They will not allow him to speak at trial.

2. If he did do something, he's a cop killer armed and dangerous. Once again, he'll be killed. They won't spare him, they'll say they fired in self-defense; as if he couldn't be spared.

EITHER WAY he's going to die. We won't find out the truth, but on the off chance that #1 is the truth, we can at least push for investigations into police corruption.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by timetothink
reply to post by paratus

That link brought me to a woman dancing in bacon dress?

Which link I want to See That!!!!

I'm hungry, sorry for off topic

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Regent Leo

He's quite prepared to die. He states that he has nothing to lose and he wants his brain studied for science.
I don't believe there's any question on if he's going to die, just when.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   

reply to post by Acidtastic

So cops are committing the mass murders in the US?

I guess I missed that on the news.

Seventy-Two Cops Were Shot and Killed in the Entire U.S. in 2011; LA County Cops Alone Shot and Killed 54 Suspects the Same Year Mike Riggs|Jun. 11, 2012 12:12 pm Police officers in Los Angeles County shot and killed 54 people in 2011, an increase of 70 percent over 2010. According to the Los Angeles Times, at least 12 of the 54—or 22 percent—were completely unarmed. "With 612 people killed in the county last year," reports the LAT*, "nearly 1 in every 10 such deaths occurred at the hands of law enforcement officers."
reason.com...

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Anderson Cooper is talking about it now saying that he got a letter from this guy on February 1st that included a coin that belonged to the head of the LAPD with 3 bullet holes in it.
Cooper said he never received it because it was flagged and he just heard about it yesterday.
Interesting about the coin. Was he trying to show everyone what a good shot he is like he stated in the manifesto?

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Afterthought

I get that. I really do. He's going to die, and there is a chance he's innocent.

The only problem is the truth. How will we know the truth if he's dead? Is there any way to push for investigations into LAPD personnel, not as a result of this manifesto, but as a result of increased violence? What can an ordinary citizen do?

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by HomoSapiensSapiens

This is any LEO's nightmare, highly trained, motivated and armed suspect who will be using guerilla tactics. Envision Rambo 2013. He can do a major amount of damage, hit an run. He will be stopped by pure accident, no family or loved ones to foul him up. very bad situation for cali.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   

I'll usually consider most conspiracy theories, but the official story rings true to me.
I think this guy was trying to do the right thing by taking his complaints through the proper chain of command, but was getting punished for that, so he's just snapped. The fact that he has no family adds to this. I think he expected a lot more out of life and his career, but has decided that no matter what he says or does, he's always going to lose.

I've stated several times that all fraternities need to be dismantled and this is a perfect reason. These psychopaths will defend each other while they pick on people because they believe they're superior. Now, they have to run scared because this man had the perfect storm brewing inside of him and their abuse pushed him over the edge.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Afterthought

I know what you mean. The problem here is this closed group mentality, the "us vs. them" ideas that I've seen in the military. In fact this mentality that he's not a civilian and he's superior was probably fed to him by coworkers. Losing his job most likely pulls him out of that and makes him a civilian chump.

I remember in the military the contempt we had for civilian workers, thinking them lazy and purposeless. If this guy was in the Navy as a Lieutenant, and then in the LAPD, he probably had this same method of thinking.

The only problem I see with the mainstream story is that his friends said it was out of character for him to act this way, that he wouldn't hurt a fly. Yeah, I know, a serial killer has the same said about them, but all the pictures I see of this guy shows a smiling, happy man.

Maybe his status as being above a civilian made him smile, and now he has no reason to?

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Afterthought

I'll usually consider most conspiracy theories, but the official story rings true to me.
I think this guy was trying to do the right thing by taking his complaints through the proper chain of command, but was getting punished for that, so he's just snapped. The fact that he has no family adds to this. I think he expected a lot more out of life and his career, but has decided that no matter what he says or does, he's always going to lose.

I've stated several times that all fraternities need to be dismantled and this is a perfect reason. These psychopaths will defend each other while they pick on people because they believe they're superior. Now, they have to run scared because this man had the perfect storm brewing inside of him and their abuse pushed him over the edge.

How does a premeditated snap work though ? False Flag.
edit on 8-2-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

Yeah, cops kill people, usually scumbags.

Those aren't "Mass murders", like this guy and Aurora etc.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin

Ex-officer suspect in California cop killing

metronews.ca

A former Los Angeles police officer sought for two weekend killings — and who threatened to kill police — is a suspect in an overnight shooting in nearby Riverside that killed one officer and critically wounded another, police said Thursday.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.bbc.co.uk
www.theglobeandmail. com

Maybe he only shooting bad cops hasnt shoot anything else.

Alot of you have called for a revolution maybe it just started. Who knows till it ends.
Dont most revolutions start with anger?

edit on 8-2-2013 by chapterhouse because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-2-2013 by chapterhouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by wearewatchingyouman

I see what you're saying. But look at the wording change. Suddenly he goes from fairly logical and reasonable, with a slight undertone of anger... stating the facts of a history of being around co-workers who exhibited behaviors that were quite vicious (for example: chupacabre) but the worst he called any of these people he was mad at was "dirtbag"... This is supposed to be the PRIMARY reason for his rampage. if he was going to really go off, then this would be the place, would it not?
Fast forward to that second half of the manifesto and suddenly he's going off on an entirely different tangent. I will give you the benefit of the doubt that maybe someone would want to give them a political background to show what side of the coin they're coming from, but still... Now all of a sudden this man, who has not used any real derogatory words (other than the "N" word when telling a specific story) is using profanity and just an entirely different undertone to the writing. Its not written by the same person. at least not imho...
The other thing is, an AWB really wouldn't have helped keep weapons out of this guys hands at all anyways. He is one week out of the military, and former LAPD. He has resources available to him. I find it hard to believe he would suggest something like this. As a former cop there are ways to obtain guns if you want them. And there really is no way for us to know if the guns and rifles he is using now were really legally obtained or not. I just don't believe ANYTHING that comes from the MSM anymore. They are gonna spin it however they want to.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   
"Two officers in Riverside were shot, one fatally, police there confirmed to CNN. CNN affiliate KTLA reported another officer was shot in Corona, California."

Dorner's beef was with the LAPD, but the cop killed and the other seriously wounded were Riverside County officers.  Why were they targeted?

"I think they are going to go after the police, as some of them have indicated an unwillingness to confiscate the guns."

I guess it is just coincidence, then, that the Riverside County's elected sheriff is a big proponent of the 2nd:

www.kesq.com...
dated 2-5-13(two days before the shooting in Riverside County)
Riverside Sheriff slams Feinstein anti-gun legislation
Riverside County Sheriff Stan Sniff took aim at Dianne Feinstein's federal gun control legislation, notifying the US Senator by letter Friday he formally opposes her proposals to ban so-called assault weapons. ...
Sniff is expected to talk about gun control efforts this week as he hosts nearly all of California's 58 Sheriffs in the Coachella Valley(Riverside County).  The California State Sheriffs' Association is meeting for one of its bi-monthly Board of Directors meetings Wednesday through Friday.

Methinks this incident is all about 'sending a message.'

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Honest question: I am unclear as to what your exact meaning is when you keep saying 'false flag'. Are you saying this is a fake event? Are you saying he is a shill, following orders? Are you saying that he is a patsy?

simply saying 'false flag' is fairly vague, and I would love it if you would clarify a little.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by DOLCOTT
reply to post by HomoSapiensSapiens

This is any LEO's nightmare, highly trained, motivated and armed suspect who will be using guerilla tactics. Envision Rambo 2013. He can do a major amount of damage, hit an run. He will be stopped by pure accident, no family or loved ones to foul him up. very bad situation for cali.

A LEO's nightmare is in fact having his/her wrong doing brought to light as to how they have been sworn to up hold the law, and protect the citizen but have done everything but that.

Additionally, disclosing proof that entire stations and chain of command are aware of such actions, participated/practiced such action, and through/by the organization covered up such transgressions for a very long time.

Could it be that they all have something on each other.

To point the finger would go so far up the ladder and back thru the past that the final identication/beginning of the corruption started with the thought of having an oginization protect the people.

Being concocted by man, logically the question as to how to protect yourself from the very people you protect came to mind.

So was the system bad, or the men who concted it?

Haha. Was it the chicken or the egg.

Is it just human nature to be corrupt?

If that's the case......we are f___ed!

I'm on the fence about it.

Starting to think the latter though.

Ehh. Coffee anyone??

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   

reply to post by windword

Yeah, cops kill people, usually scumbags.

Those aren't "Mass murders", like this guy and Aurora etc.

scumbag or not, unless a cops life is in danger, they arent allowed to use deadly force. Its not up to cops to condemn someone to death for being a scumbag.

Yet the vast majority not only go free, but receive no punishment for the shootings. Why is that?
edit on 8-2-2013 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Like I said, the perfect storm.
Each time this guy tried to do the right thing and would get shut down and punished, I'm sure he went to sleep those nights fantasizing about what he wished he could do to them. I think he was a ticking time bomb and the last time someone punished him for trying to do the right thing, that was it and he decided to let his fantasies become reality.

This pecking order exists everywhere and it needs to stop. I've had to deal with this type of attitude in the public school system. It's terrible when you try to bring injustices to the people who are supposed to handle them, then you're told to shut up and you're the one with the problem.

This man was told not to apply to the LAPD by a good friend of his because of how it was run. He should've put in for a transfer while his head was still screwed on right. Instead, he kept trying to fight a losing battle, which is going to kill him. Hopefully, his actions will resonate within police departments everywhere and the bullies and those who defend them will start to adjust how they work and treat people.

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join