It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing "like living crature" anomaly on martian surface in Curiosity sol 173?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   
But if it doesnt look like a rock or smell like a rock then it aint a F in rock!

Intriguiging pic. One of the better ones. Very unusual rock.....maybe.....but likely

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arken
Looks like a creature, a living creature on martian surface that take the sunbeams on a rock on Curiosity Sol 173

It doesn't.

Unless the "creature" was fused to the rock, as I cannot see any clearly defined frontier between the "creature" and the rock.

But even for a rock it's an interesting find, as it looks completely different from the other rocks I have seen so far on that place or in other Mars missions.

It's almost as if something got embedded in that sedimentary rock when the rock was formed. If it is, then it means that is not only a different material but also older than the rock.

Keep looking, even if you don't find any signs of life, at least you are finding interesting rocks, and that's good enough for me.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   
If a rock I would think it was an inclusion from volcanic activity. It must be harder material then that surrounding it since it is left as the other has weathered.
edit on 2/2/2013 by roadgravel because: typo

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

This is what it is.

I see what looks like a robotic foot or something. But I know that is not the case.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   
That's where my sunglasses disappeared to. I've been looking for those for a long time. How the hell did they get up there, I don't remember being to Mars. Are you sure that is really mars that those pictures are coming from?

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I'm really getting fed up with these kinds of threads.

When I look at the photos all I see are rocks, repeat, all I see are rocks . . . except for the goggle eyed lizard in the middle.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Here is a link to another shot of it, it's at the bottom of the full res image, taken about 1 minute before the image the OP linked to:

Mast Cam Right, Sol173, 23:38:50

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flatcoat
Not saying it isn't a rock, but this is ATS. It could be riding a small red tricycle and wearing a stetson...and it'd still be a rock..

That makes for a good soundbite, but in fairness to those people on ATS, they say "it's a rock" all the time because the object in questions is invariably a rock. Show me the thread with a picture of a bicycle-riding Stetson-wearing object (or something along those lines), and maybe you might have an argument.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   
mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

Windword, these are Mastcam Sol 127 photos, both with debris in them. you will have to do a lot of zooming, and the debris in the first is mostly in the upper right quarter.
Not sure if these are the images you refer to but there's plenty in both which just can't be rocks.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by eriktheawful
Here is a link to another shot of it, it's at the bottom of the full res image, taken about 1 minute before the image the OP linked to:

Mast Cam Right, Sol173, 23:38:50

I'm not one normally to get caught up in this, but in this picture in the top left hand corner there is a small cluster of rocks, on of which looks iike a very eroded sculpture of a head showing the face uppermost. I know its pareidolia, but sometimes these things just catch your eye. I think it's harsh to dismiss every picture out of hand, one day there might be something there that gets overlooked or insulted out of existence when it turns out to have being the genuine article all along.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Bigfoot73

Thanks for those. It may be another angle of the "crash site." But, the in one I saw, you could see, plain as day, the crashed module, a bent up panel several yard away, and upon closer inspection, you could see bits of torn metal and a rather large spring

I know it was posted as a NASA link in another Mars thread within the past month. At any rate, the picture proves that there is "otherworldly" stuff on Mars, from our world!

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Sounds awesome !
If I can't find it on here then there's only so many pics it could be in, will start looking right now. Thanks

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword
Thanks for those. It may be another angle of the "crash site." But, the in one I saw, you could see, plain as day, the crashed module, a bent up panel several yard away, and upon closer inspection, you could see bits of torn metal and a rather large spring

By that description it sounds like one of the Mars Exploration Rovers (Spirit and Opportunity).

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arken
Looks like a creature, a living creature on martian surface

So we have yet another thread about a rock on Mars.... how many do we need?

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I see absolutely nothing. One of the most unconvincing rock pics I've seen on ats.

guess it shows how different human perception is person to person, because usually I can make out what the image is supposed to be with these type of threads, but even when this one is highlighted I can't see anything other than a rock

I could stare at the original picture for hours and wouldn't be able to see anything in it, personally

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   
its obviously a rock cause if i,m not mistaken even the lizards in our deserts leave tracks when they move.......i don,t see any tracks what so ever in this pic unless aliens just sit still in same spot from birth to death

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

Originally posted by windword

By that description it sounds like one of the Mars Exploration Rovers (Spirit and Opportunity).

Those didn't crash, did they?

In this picture I saw, you can't see any insignia. For all I know, it could be Russian! But it definitely was earthly.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Bigfoot73

reply to post by ArMaP

I found this picture, posted by Zorgon, www.abovetopsecret.com... (I miss Zorgon and still have him listed as a friend in my profile), but it doesn't have a link to the original.

You can clearly see the spring and burnt debris off to the right. And, there's something that looks a "t#rd."

Here's another one, but the picture I saw didn't have a covered backhoe in it. But you can see debris in the background.

edit on 2-2-2013 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join