It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If its semi-auto and you can GRIP it, it's banned!!!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 04:38 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Don't worry they say we want you to be able to hunt and skeet shoot.
I wonder how many so called gun lovers have fallen into this idiot pit?

Progressives want one thing ABSOLUTE CONTROL. Guns and the internet are the two last things standing in the way of this sick goal they have set out. Listen to what the progressive leaders spew forth. The are clearly telling us they want our freedoms. Is our apathy and arrogance so strong we can not even hear them.

The internet is also powerful freedom tool. Trust me they want to control this also. Would the mainstream progressives out in rainbow land be alright with that?

Everyone who wonders why the world is in such turmoil needs to understand the progressive agenda. And the liberals who are supporting these fascist liars need to see the simple cold hard truth. They have fooled you. Don't be ashamed by it many good conservatives were also fooled. TIME TO WAKE UP.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 05:39 AM
link   
reply to post by SubTruth

I wonder how many so called gun lovers have fallen into this idiot pit? 

Quite a few, I'll bet.

I work with one. He is an avid hunter and even owns an AK variant. He said that he doesn't know what the big deal is. As long as he gets to keep his hunting rifle, it doesn't bother him. I pointed out to him that plenty of states allow hunting with AK's, but he said... 'We can't use them here'.

He isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Honor93
reply to post by Daedalus

thanks for that, i'll have to look up those models and compare

until my current mate came into my life (CCW permitted), i was not a fan of guns in any manner. matter of fact, i was so against them that those who possessed them weren't allowed in my home.

then life threw a few curve balls and i got some defensive training and a man with a permit.
don't get me wrong, i knew about guns, i had shot friend's guns but i was no fan.

anyway, i really appreciate those who have helped me learn

unfortunately, they are necessity to maintain freedom and i'm now glad i've learned because the lessons have already been put to use, once. hopefully never again but i now know i could if i had to and that's a good lesson to learn.

as for the P111, yes, the stock mag size is 12+1 (and i can get up to a 30) ... so it would qualify for the ban.
P111 specs

i'm hoping some of you gurus would comment on the 'grip' comments others have made.
is the way this thing worded really eliminating/including anything with a grip as we know them ??

could that be why there is no specific 'handgun' list in her proposal ??
i did find that awfully strange but wasn't sure why.

ETA -- woah, i just remembered that when i used the default search on this machine (yahoo) to search the link above, the main link for TI showed as 1st result, but when i clicked it, the page 404'd

what is that about, anybody know ??

i used "ask.com" to provide the link but what's up with the factory link being 404'd, ever ??
edit on 3-2-2013 by Honor93 because: ETA

Very nice...

I have one similar to this:

www.kimberamerica.com...

built it myself out of parts from caspian, and i keep a light mounted on the rail

7 rounds, no waiting...

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

I shouldn't, but can't help it.

The op is right about the language used. Here's a different take on the language we all have been brainwashed with.

Quantum Parse Syntax Grammar ~David Wynn Miller

Anytime they modify a fact it becomes a fiction. So using adverb verb language voids all documents we cherish and hold dear.

So let them write it using adverb verb grammar and it will be a fiction.

it was Carlin, George that made me think many years ago, "we drive on a parkway and park on a driveway", Why does our language mess with our minds? And we don't even blink at what is really going on.

Okay, as a side note and according to Miller the big winners in the mortgage foreclosure will be the USA inc. but the homeowners will get 3 million before taxes, and the government will end up with 28 million dollars at 64 million mortgages affected. You do the math.

Hey I'm thinking paying the Miller 3 k dollars to get a possible return of 3 million may be worth the telephone call to the state attorney general checking on the risk.

I must add: Our USA courts are foreign vessels and according to Miller if you go into their court vessel you are considered trespassing.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   
So how many pages is this bill? Sorry, I have a slow computer and don't want the damm thing to crash on me while downloading and then I have to do a hard restart and wait another 15 minutes to enter my beloved ATS.

Dr Frankenstein and count dracula(obama) can't wait to try out their new executive powers from the dungeons of washington dc. 123 page bill? Holy #! If they wanted reasonable legislation for gun control it should be no more than 1-2 pages All automatics banned, all short barralled shotguns banned, all armor piercing rounds banned.

Most of the time the states have the final say in what is allowed, even if the federal government allows it. There is/was no need for federal legislation against guns of any kind.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
reply to post by Honor93

The 'Broomhandle' Mauser seems to fall into the category, as it was manufactured with a stripper clip loaded magazine of both more and less than 10 round capacity.

Slightly older design than the Colt 1911, but not largely popular today (unlike the 1911) for obvious reasons of concealability and difficulty of reloading.

It's not just that but the fact they cost $$$$ AND the barrels are often shot out. They'll still fire ok but with a shot out barrel it'll just 'key-hole' and drift making it have lousy accuracy.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Daedalus

wow, a 4" barrel and it shoots .45 ??
i'd have to feel that recoil before i say 'cool' ... but i was surprised to see it's lighter than the P111

i do like this one alot (have shot over 500 rnds with it) but i don't own one, yet.
SS 229 specs

reveiw 1
review 2

side note -- from what i recall reading many moons ago, the above is exactly what Feinstein carries

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Leahn
reply to post by Cylent773

No, it wouldn't. USA Constitution defines Treason as "Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort." under Section III, Article III.

Nor could she be charged with sedition, although many members of ATS likely could, under Smith Act.
i would beg to differ with your opinion.
see the bold above.
if you think differently, you would be jumping the gun, so to speak.

You are free to disagree with everyone for all I care, but if you want to look at least moderatedly literate you have to do a little better than bolding a random portion of the message and saying that I am wrong because of it.

How exactly does her action of passing this bill constitutes giving aiding and confort to an enemy the USA is at war with?

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 01:01 AM
link   

reply to post by butcherguy

@ Dustytoad - howdy.
i think the best i can do is give you the page # cause i think the link goes sraight to the 1st page ... so, here's the link again and you'll find the excerpt on pg 11, top of the page.
the bill
yes, it is talking about magazines used in any SAW.
and yes, that includes pistols.

before ppl claim that it applies to a specific model of weapon, please go back to pg 2 - line 18 - entry (36) The term 'SAW' (semi-auto weapon) means any of the following ... blah, blah, blah.

the next revised section is (37) on pg 11.
(and if you notice, replacement sections 32, 33, 34, & 35 appear to be 'absent', so i'll have to go back and re-read Title 18 of the USC to determine what has remained unchanged)

yes, that glock would be permissable, so long as the mag cannot be modified to accept more than 10 rounds.
[if you are not a craftsperson, i am and i can assure you that it can be readily modified - dremel and a guage work wonders]

as for that particular model, it is too big for me and not likely something i would invest in, even if it was my only choice.

here is my current home defense piece ... it would be banned.
P111
i would love one of the anti-ppl to tell me why mine is sooooo much more dangerous
that is should be banned.

I'm pro gun as much as I am pro fun, as much as I am pro freedom..

I just want to ask as many questions as possible, to make sure we all have a good understanding of what is being tried on us...

Thank you for your detailed response, I really respect that.

It still comes to mind, what do "THEY" mean by readily?
For instance I have shoved a piece of metal into my computer (modded readily) to hold in the AC adapter connecter that my girlfriend broke..

Now it's modded to work..

The America way is fix it yourself.. So WHAT does readily modded to over 10 rounds really mean.. I feel like I could do that readily or easily even if everything was banned..

I'm against the bill too, but I like ti bring arguments into reality whenever I see others not getting what is the reality. Not you, but others.. Everyone should understand this bill.. This discussion helps elucidate the whole issue in the most clear light..

Glad to be a part.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

i'm used to the recoil, so it's not really a problem for me...it's a nice little gun. comfortable in my hand, good weight, my favorite caliber, has the options and features i like...it works for me *shrug*

edit on 4-2-2013 by Daedalus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   
If the bill passes or not is inconsequential. Obama has pledged executive order, or other action completely disarm us. Not just guns, but knives and pepper spray also. Because this issue has the leverage of media it will happen. "It" being the criminalization of self defense. Ready or not here they come.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

Originally posted by madenusa
Amendment and natural right to bear “arms” remains strong and untainted, but our willingness to call them legal “firearms” makes them able to be regulated and indeed eventually confiscated by government.
It is the clasic battle between lawful vs legal. And it is this voluntary acceptance of Federal contract (license) that puts our lawful guns (arms) at risk as legal “firearms”, and nothing else

Exactly right.

We have empowered them to do what they have and will do through our complacency and gullibility. We have been gullible enough to believe that the GCA's of 1934 and 1968 were needed for our own safety. We left them put their foot in the door.

Damn near need to shoot them to get them out of the house now. ( I am speaking metaphorically, of course...
)

yea metaphorically.....
I thank they want to see someone try....

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by madenusa

Yes. They have all those hollowpoints waiting to be used.
Enough to put three rounds in every man, woman and child in the country ...... by some counts.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

Light guns with high caliber bullets are awful in terms of recoil. And the 4 inch barrell makes it lousy for medium to long range accuracy. I would stick to 9mm at most. More steel or weight dampens the recoil and makes shooting fun.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07
reply to post by Honor93

Light guns with high caliber bullets are awful in terms of recoil. And the 4 inch barrell makes it lousy for medium to long range accuracy. I would stick to 9mm at most. More steel or weight dampens the recoil and makes shooting fun.

Yeah, honor was talking about MY gun...

and as i said, i'm used to the recoil....it's still plenty accurate at 50-100 ft, which is the longest range i'm probably ever going to need it for..

and my weapon is not a toy, it is not for fun...it is a defensive tool.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

thanks for the tip.
that's the first thing that crossed my mind when i saw the pic ... recoil.

i have shot a few .45s but none like that one.
it's a nice gun, don't get me wrong, however, for my size, it might be a bit much. still, i'd enjoy the opportunity to fire one.

the biggest problem i am having is 'concealment', believe it or not.
my body size limits my options extremely.
i'm just not big enough to be lawfully concealed with a large variety of the available handguns.

and no offense to those who carry in a purse, if it works for you, great ... i prefer on my person.

have you any experience with this one ?
SA XD
yes, it also has a 4" barrel but i've shot one and it's recoil wasn't bad at all, reasonably priced too.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

I personally like the cobra .32acp and .380acp models. A lot of folks tend to make fun of smaller calibers thinking they are useless, but I doubt anyone wishes to get shot with any gun, even a .22lr for that matter. I know I would NOT!

And you can always go with hollow points to get a bigger wound.

I personally dislike pistols and prefer short barralled rifles, especially with 9mm and .45acp ammunition. You get a stable platform with the folding stock(or fixed stock) and a longer barrell that increases accurate range I would say by at least 50%.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 03:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Leahn

but if you want to look at least moderatedly literate you have to do a little better than bolding a random portion of the message and saying that I am wrong because of it.

How exactly does her action of passing this bill constitutes giving aiding and confort to an enemy the USA is at war with?
and if you'd like to appear minimally intelligent, you might want to review how legislation advances in this country. she cannot pass anything by herself

psssst, when did i say your were 'wrong' ??
also, if you need to ask that last question, then leave the answer to those who know, k ??

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 03:57 AM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

yep, i've come to learn that the caliber that has produced the most fatal wounds is .... believe it or not ... the .22

that was a surprise to learn although it does make sense.
i also like the idea of precision that infers

yes, the shot i did have to fire on an intruder was HP and from what i'm to understand, her inebriation delayed surgical intervention for the better part of 12hrs or so, which enabled the 'burn' to do more damage as time passed. (that was a 9mm shot)

since i have limited experience, i have found comfort to be key over size, style or ammo.
pistol or rifle, i like'em both.
i have shot many that i would never own.
and i have shot a few that i would love to own (when i'm wealthy)
however, i'm trying to be 'legal' and that seems to be a bigger challenge these days

anything over a 5" barrel and it becomes impossible to sit down

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 05:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

The .22lr and .25acp rounds tend to tumble after penetration, which causes lots more trauma than the bigger straighter penentrating rounds. They are almost like hollow points from a big round BUT they cause slow and painful death if untreated. They also fracture inside the body.

They are great offensive rounds(concealable guns that are quiet) but lousy for self-defense that requires immediate knock-down power.
edit on 10/2/13 by EarthCitizen07 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join