It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If its semi-auto and you can GRIP it, it's banned!!!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Honor93
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

yep, i've come to learn that the caliber that has produced the most fatal wounds is .... believe it or not ... the .22

that was a surprise to learn although it does make sense.
i also like the idea of precision that infers

yes, the shot i did have to fire on an intruder was HP and from what i'm to understand, her inebriation delayed surgical intervention for the better part of 12hrs or so, which enabled the 'burn' to do more damage as time passed. (that was a 9mm shot)

since i have limited experience, i have found comfort to be key over size, style or ammo.
pistol or rifle, i like'em both.
i have shot many that i would never own.
and i have shot a few that i would love to own (when i'm wealthy)
however, i'm trying to be 'legal' and that seems to be a bigger challenge these days

anything over a 5" barrel and it becomes impossible to sit down

with the .22, it's not a matter of precision, so much as a matter of the fact that is nearly zero recoil...it's like firing an airsoft trainer, in terms of recoil...you don't hafta compensate, or fumble to get back on target, you can just squeeze, and the round goes more or less where you tell it to...and it keeps doing that...so more hits means more holes in your target, which obviously helps in terms of neutralizing a threat

as for your concealment problem, have you thought about an ankle holster or shoulder holster? and how are you currently carrying your weapon?

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Daedalus

as for your concealment problem, have you thought about an ankle holster or shoulder holster? and how are you currently carrying your weapon?
yep, sure have and here's the results.
ankle - at widest point it's less than 3" whole inches across.
i've tried a few shoulder holsters and so far none are small enough (although i've considered altering one that was given to me) ... however, in the FL sunshine, that also makes clothing options extremely limited.

as for what i currently carry, that'd be a tazer.
although, the mate found this and i'm thinking it might be the right answer ... any experience or knowledge to share ??
3 speed holster - 3 speed holsters

ps - just to give you an idea of how small i am ... i've never been over 100lbs in my life (except pregnant 30 odd yrs ago) - on a good day, i'm 5'2 and my waist is about 26 inches around so that's only 12 or so inches to work with, front or back.
not alot of room to 'conceal' anything ... the only time i have my firearm with me currently is when i'm participating in "open carry" activities

edit on 10-2-2013 by Honor93 because: add ps

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

Maybe you should go with a .25acp gun. They are quite small, easily conceallable, relatively cheap and female friendly. In the winter use full metal jacket for more penetration and in the spring, summer and fall use hollow points.

The smaller the gun, the smaller the holster as well. .25acp is a higher caliber than .22lr but the ammo is more expensive. Higher caliber means more stopping power! It is almost the same recoil as the .22lr, virtually none at all.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Daedalus

The lighter the recoil, the easier it becomes to put rounds on target, because you don't anticipate flinching before pulling the trigger each time. I don't have much experience with pistols but with shotguns I go with 7/8s or 1 ounce loads for the 12 guage and I get more hits.

The reason I go with light loads is because I am cross wired and need to shoot from my left shoulder because I am left eye dominant. Right handed and left eyed makes for a bit of a mess. Heavy loads on my left shoulder cause muscle aches that can last for 3 days and I would rather avoid it.

With pistols you don't have any shoulder stocks so you grip and aim with the triangulation method.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   

yeah, i've looked at a few but only shot a .22lr (which i liked btw)
wasn't a lot of firing, but it was smooth, comfortable and next to no recoil. long arse barrel tho

that's why i like the 3speed linked above.
it is custom fit to both body & firearm.

i've handled a couple .25s i liked but i've never shot one.
although, there are few .380s i favor.

choices, choices ... but you don't hear me complaining, do ya ??
i like having all the choices
but i'm still bummed that to be "lawful" my choices are extremely limited ... something about that just doesn't add up.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

You should look into .22lr and .25acp guns. Plenty of small and tiny models to choose from. A light .380acp is not ideal for a lightweight female. Heck it is not ideal for anyone.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   

for now, i'm happy with my Nano (9mm) and can use a fannypack for reasonable concealment, i just prefer on person. that's why i'm shopping for a reasonable holster.

the looks i get when i ask if (retailers) they have anything in a 'youth' size are interesting to say the least. the answer is usually 'no' but i keep asking

what i would prefer is if concealment were an 'option' instead of mandatory.
at least then i would have a real 'choice' in the matter.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

Find someone near you that makes custom Kydek holsters. They are very thin and can be made to suit you. You can get several made to suit whatever manner of dress you decide on at a particular time.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

I would probably get the same reply if I walked into a gunstore asking for a 20 guage left-handed shotgun.

The clerks would laugh me out the door!

Gun manufacturers stick to what is profitable. A 5% audience does not pay for them.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

My Ruger LCP is perfect for me I have a laser sight attached and it fits right in my pocket just fine. I recommend it over most light carries.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

how 'bout a link to show it off ? and which caliber ?

@ butcherguy - thanks for the recommendation, i've not heard of them before.
i will look around and see what pops up ... thanks again.

none of you guys are familiar with that 3-speed i linked earlier ??
the reviews are almost too good to be true, so i thought some of you might have experience with it ... anyone ??

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
reply to post by DaMod

Originally posted by DaMod
Read your own quote...

It says any "1" of the following.

I DID read it. YOU read it. Let me break it down for you:

The term ‘semiautomatic assault weapon’ means any of the following, regardless of country of manufacture or caliber of ammunition accepted:
(D) A semiautomatic pistol that has the capacity to accept a detachable magazine AND any 1 of the following:
(iv) The capacity to accept a detachable magazine at some location outside of the pistol grip.

So, to be considered a semi-autiomatic weapon, a pistol has to be a semi-automatic that has a detachable magazine AND another detachable magazine outside the pistol grip.
edit on 2/1/2013 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

Ok, from reading what you have posted, any pistol with a detachable magazine, as all guns that have magazines are detachable for the purpose of reloading the magazine, and a grip, which is where the magazine goes,are in the bill, I'd have to agree with neo, that is 90 % of guns. The only thing that is left are revolvers. And single shot shot guns, sorry, I stand corrected, they have threaded barrels. Unless I missed something, someone please point it out. Read what you posted. Or you really have no clue about guns. Probably never fired, or loaded one before either, have you, cuz, Your arguement here is defunct.
edit on 10-2-2013 by thepolish1 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join