It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Annoying Phrases or Words

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I think this is local, but if you say something shocking, people go" Shut Up!"

Instead of "get out of town!" or "get outta here!"

The first time I heard it, I almost clocked my friend because I thought she was really telling me to shut up.
edit on 5-2-2013 by nixie_nox because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I think the one I hate more than any other is "It is what it is". I ABSOLUTELY, positively HATE that one!

First, it's hardly EVER what "it is".
Second, there are always three sides (or more) to every situation (what he said, what she said and the truth)
Third, it's not what "it is", it's what you make of it that matters.

I see it as the lazy, useless, pessimistic excuse that people use instead of going to the trouble of finding the truth or making something better. It's nothing but a cop-out.

Second on my list would be whatever "buzzwords" happen to be popular at any given time. I despise buzz words, they are for people who aren't capable of thinking for themselves.

examples: Holistic, synergy, face time, outside the box, best-practices, ergonomic

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

So, does that mean if someone's asking if you're pregnant, they can just say, "Gatorade?" ("Is it in you?")

I'd like to see a short film where people talk to each other using only brand names.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   
"And so it begins."

I'd like to knock the teeth out of the next brainless twit who says that.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
reply to post by subfab

That is an accent, not a phrase.

cool i can see that.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Staroth

Bit rich coming from a blithering idiot who propably could'nt find the next county over on a map-i actually cringed for this girl's sake-she makes most 5-year old kids in South Africa sound like theoretical physicists or neurosurgeons in comparison.My son is in grade 1,and in his school the passing grade is 80%-from 1st grade right through to grade 12.I've heard him mumble more intelligent phrases in his sleep,than this unfortunate girl is capable of.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   
When rappers refer to what they do as "rocking".

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 11:42 PM
link   
"What say you ATS?"

By far the single most annoying thing I see on ATS. Trying to sound all ubber intelligent/mysterious just makes one sound like a fool.

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join