It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al Qaeda threatens 'shocking' attack on USA...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   
So we have been warned about a SHOCKING attach on the US from Al Queda. Could this be the reason for Martial law after an attach happens? If it happens.

Full Article Here

+11 more 
posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Terrible OP.

For those interested and not able to read the article. AQ doesn't just threaten the U.S. A map of future AQ strikes was found, and a threat issued to not only the US, but France, Denmark, amongst a handful of other unamed countries, with more to be named. Why? They are going after anyone and everyone involved with helping France in Mali.

The use of car bombs on a large scale seems to be the method they are aiming for.

The Ansar al-Mujahidin network is respnsible for the leak, and the article goes on to say that this is generally a reliable source when it digs up information such as this.

I know nothing of the resource in question, so I'll take it with a grain of salt...for now.

+15 more 
posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Al Qaeda, what a joke, more people will die in auto accidents in the U.S., then by these shallow minded idiots. If government issues Martial law, is not due to Al Qaeda… it would just be an excuse, they have been wanting to do this for a long time for their on agenda.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   
But Obama told us recently he had Al Qaeda on the run?

Another freakin' lie!

+59 more 
posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro

Another freakin' lie!

It would help if Al-Qaeda was real to start with.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Another freakin' lie!

Not likely a lie. Their leadership is all but destroyed and their organization is in shambles. Posting some stuff on the Internet does not make a fully functional and dangerous terrorist organization. They make threats like this all of the time, and nothing has come from it in the USA coming up for 12 years now. Which really begs the question were they ever a tangible threat in the first place.

+5 more 
posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   
If attacks did happen, how convenient it would be during the issue of gun control. A good point my brother made to me is that if they were able to allegedy be the ones to carry out 911, why is it that NOT a single other attack has happened yet? I mean they could've easily carried out various simple suicide bombings like they do everywhere elsein the world, yet...........not one.

There would be no way for them to stop lone wolf suicide bombers. The war on teror is all BS and simply a front carried out by the terrorists running the country.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by sajuek
Not likely a lie. Their leadership is all but destroyed and their organization is in shambles. Posting some stuff on the Internet does not make a fully functional and dangerous terrorist organization. They make threats like this all of the time, and nothing has come from it in the USA coming up for 12 years now. Which really begs the question were they ever a tangible threat in the first place.

You do realise that most terrorist groups get labelled with Al-Qaeda. If you think about all the groups operating around the world, do you think they are in crisis mode? I don't... Anyway, what makes you think a depleted leadership is going to destroy a terrorist group? You would think that they would have soldiers ready to step up and fill in the gaps.
edit on 30-1-2013 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

The good news is we have them on the run.

The bad news is they are right behind us.
edit on 30-1-2013 by 200Plus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   

what is wrong with you?!

this is not the "we hate Obama" forum and this thread has nothing to do with Obama.

CUT IT OUT!! jesus christ, this forum is out of control these days.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by tgidkp

what is wrong with you?!

this is not the "we hate Obama" forum and this thread has nothing to do with Obama.

Hes right though.. We have Al-Qaeda on the run apparently.. They are running across the ocean now to bomb America.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   

what is wrong with you?!

Calm down,,,it's ALWAYS about Obama.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 10:41 PM
link   

what is wrong with you?!

Yes sir!
Touchy these Obama voters arent they?
As for the topic,I think these alleged terrorists are full of wind or the Western governments are.(or both)

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Revealation
A good point my brother made to me is that if they were able to allegedy be the ones to carry out 911, why is it that NOT a single other attack has happened yet?

The reason they haven’t is because they haven’t wanted to, yet. There is nothing stopping a lone wolf from taking up a sniping position and shooting a bunch of people. They could continue with the one off big strikes like 911. But in the end that will not accomplish much beyond what happened with 911. And a population will become numb to the attacks after a while.

I would say they are letting the effects of 911 wear of so that the new attacks will have the same bite to them as 911 had. And the same way that 911 was something totally unexpected, I predict that the new attack will be something totally unexpected, and totally new for this part of the world..

The primary cause of jihad is not to scare the population. That is just a tool they use to achieve the desired goal. The goal is to take control of land in the name of their god. To take and hold land via a fighting force. That is what they have been trying to do in mali. What if that is going to come to the US?

I am predicting they are going to launch an all out insurgency war to take control of actual land.

You do realize that like everything else, there is logistics involved in creating an insurgent fighting force.

You can’t just dance around on your foot, and sing walla walla bing bang, and expect a thousand suicide bombers to appear out of nowhere.

You have to grow demographically. Either through converts, immigration, or reproduction. They have already done that in France, UK, Canada, and the US.

Once you get enough people, then you have to train them. There have been documented compounds around north America where they have been partaking in paramilitary training. Several of those compounds went deserted around a couple years ago. Where did they go? Think about it.

Then you have to get their feet wet. There have been plenty of reports of Americans, Canadians, and Europeans fighting on the side of AQ in many places. That is getting their feet wet in real combat, and battle hardening them.

Once you train them, and prepare them, then you have to move them to the prospective battle front and supply them. The question is what are they supplied with? Full auto AKs? Heavy MGs? RPGs? Anti aircraft missiles?

Once they are supplied, then it is time to rock and roll.

If they take armed control of a city (even for the shortest time) then it will shock the US in the same way that 911 did. It will be something the population never thought could happen, and it will shake us to the core. The war that has been happening over there, will finally be in our own streets.

They don’t actually have to keep hold of the city, or keep it very long. The effect on the US will be the same.

Look at my other thread.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
That is why I think the government is pushing the gun control right now. Not to disarm people, but make them stock up in preparation for a battle like we have never seen before, without alarming the population.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Think about it. If they take control of a city. A city with a heavily Muslim population, like Minneapolis. Shoot the cops, and barricade the place off. The military would have to come in and fight them street to street. With IEDs and the like, it would get bloody fast.

Think of the psychological impact that constant news coverage of armored fighting vehicles conducting street to street fighting in a US city would have.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarknStormy

Another freakin' lie!

It would help if Al-Qaeda was real to start with.

extremist dont care if you believe that the name of their group is real or not..........youd be just as dead just as fast as anyone else...........

Ive seen these extremist first hand and the carnage they visit on anyone who doesnt believe in their brand of Islam, even against their own Islamic brethren who dont believe in their particular views...

That being said, theres no doubt in my mind the gov would drum up incidents and orchestrate other attacks in order to facilitate a need......

edit on 31-1-2013 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Good lord.. now we get to hear all of the Super Bowl prophecies all about the cia..erm.. I mean Al Qaeda interrupting the game.

Just saying.. the consensus of the other conspiracy boards.. not GL as I have fits of uncontrollable vomiting if I visit there.. is that this is going to be "Obama's false flag" attack perpetrated by the CIA and will make 9/11 look like a speed bump.. to usher in Martial law and declare himself Emperor. You know.. its ALWAYS about Obama now. LOL!

I sure hope Im right , but I think its more chatter and nothing will happen. There is constant chatter. Kind of like on ATS.
The only things that are different are the recent actions by Israel in Syria and the whole deal in Mali... considering 90% of the place is Muslim and you know a portion are radicals.

For the link thirsty when percentages are posted :
en.wikipedia.org...
www.islamawareness.net...

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Ah yeah, they're taking half my paycheck

.... to fund it!

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 12:08 AM
link   
My take on this is : They ran across the DPRK threat to the US and are just rereading the same lines, we will make you pay, we will strike you, we will make you... blah blah blah, how many times will we hear or read this utter nonsense?

Take it for what it is, empty blah til it happens... and when it does there will be no "we will" it will just be... only after will we know... "yes there was something in the works but we did not know what nor act when we could have" words spoken after 911.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

We have a better chance of getting a nuke down our shorts in Ca from DPRK than Obama becoming king, or China hitting Kansas with a neutron bomb than terrorist attacking the Super bowl.
It is all just talk, so let it be talk. Words do not break bones... sticks and stones do

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join