It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Big Debunk - Wiltshire 2013?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I don't have a clue about maths, sorry.

And that's effectively led me to where I am today. All the jobs I've not been able to get, the skills I've wanted to gain but could never fathom because of the equations involved. If I understood maths I'd probably lose all my curiosity, but I'm glad other people are good at it

I did explain I have a knack for getting people together. I never said I was a mathematician. I haven't dealt with the mathematics of circles for years on end, sorry for not knowing my radii from my diameter. I certainly wouldn't want to be left in charge of the maths involved over this idea, I don't deny it

But it's good to back up or rectify the rubbish I spout, thank you. Perhaps some sense can be made out of it

edit on 28-1-2013 by markymint because: Spelling

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   
You would probably need 20 people per square mile to cover that every single night , all night.

The trouble is no matter where you set up and observe the people making the circles will just find out what areas are being watched and make their designs in another field. They do it all the time , year in year out. Like i said they are well organized groups of people , not just the odd loaner stumbling about in the dark on his own. They would probably send people to join your group of watchers. Who knows they might even be here on ATS reading the post right now , offering their help lol.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   
They may. I think we could easily cover all the typical ins and outs of fields with about 30 people a night, but even that is a stretch, you're right. That would never be sustained for a whole month.

After driving the area, I got some ideas about how to cover all the obvious ins and outs, there aren't that many roads in the area so unless people are going out with night vision, we're likely to spot a van pulling up. Many of the roads have high hedge lines that would be impossible to get over/through. And we musn't forget that farmers ARE vigilant. They are also out looking to shoot people off their property, and they have a right to do that, which is why we can cover all the legal road entrances etc quite easily, but yes, we'd never cover each field.

So as I mentioned, points A or B (or both) from that previous map would be perfectly fine to locate each night, requiring a minimum of 2 or 3 people on each. In fact, depending on the interest, if it's so small, I think that would be the preferable route to take - JUST cover the Silbury Hill field where it happens. And that's fine with me for year 1 of this investigation.

A point I didn't make is that of rotation, if there was a lot of interest, that people rotate around outposts over the course of each night. But that would need some pretty heavy transportation. Ultimately, yes, the angle of the idea you're commenting on is probably way too over ambitious at this stage, but I think it can be scaled up or down as necessary.
edit on 28-1-2013 by markymint because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Would anybody be interested in meeting up to discuss in person, the pub in Avebury springs to mind

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Should maybe ask a mod to move this to RATS, since persons who make crop circles might hit up the googles before choosing where to dump their artwork?

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Mobile phone signal are almost non existent in the areas discussed so radios would be needed imo.

I can provide some things if needed including some marquees we could use as a HQ a catering trailer for cooking food and depending on how it goes and the dates a portable stage and generator.

I was actually thinking of putting on an outdoor weekend event myself with talks and dicussions in the day and music in the evenings, If anyone is seriously interested I would be happy to discuss the possibilities.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 07:43 AM
link   
A quick google brought up these guys, There is already a society in Wiltshire that studies crop circles and they have a week long event including seminars, tours ect.

www.wccsg.com...

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by splitfamiliar
A quick google brought up these guys, There is already a society in Wiltshire that studies crop circles and they have a week long event including seminars, tours ect.

www.wccsg.com...

Lol , at £12 a ticket they are probably some of the people making them in the first place.

You know when 'study' groups like this are not objective when every single speaker claims all the circles are aliens , spiritual or earth energy. Its all money, money, money buy my books , pictures, CD's and DVD's.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

I must admit that they did look a little new age. I imagine this would be a little more scientific. there's some interesting info on there site though.

According to there archives July has the most activity by far so would be the best month.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by splitfamiliar

Yeah thats the hottest and driest month of the year when conditions are most suitable for people to be out all night making designs in fields. But you will find theres designs popping up any time in the year when its dry and warm. Certainly never when its cold and raining.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   
I was camping with friends in Avebury a few years ago and an American couple walked up to my friend and asked if this was where the crop circles were. He said yes that this field had been known to have crop circles in it. The lady then asked where they were and When we told her that there were no crop circles at the moment she DEMANDED to know why. Although she was very rude by this point my friend very politely explained that there could not be any crop circles as (and pointed to the huge field in front of us) there were no crops! He went on to explain that once the crops had been harvested there was nothing for circles to be made in. The lady then told us very rudely that they had come all the way from Utah to see them, gave us a very dirty look like it was our fault and stomped off swearing and carrying on.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   

lol thats funny

edit on 29-1-2013 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Yep, attempting to bring a more scientific approach to the use of our time there would be good. But that kind of event they are running is undoubtedly very good for some people. Tourism around that time will no doubt be quite high. How to run this 'debunk' co-ordination is actually getting more intriguing but not easier to plan, yet. Appreciate the link to the official festival thingamee. Good old "crop circle tour$"

edit on 29-1-2013 by markymint because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Like others here, I have visited this area many times during the CC season, I also happen to live not far away so would willing to participant in a debunking exercise. However this is would I believe would be necessary can could almost certainly guarantee success.

1. You need only stake out a location which gives maximum viewing over the Whiltshire country.
2. This area must have had formations every year and can easily be spotted.
3. You will need to start your stake out properly 1st April and continue non stop unit end of October on a rota basis.
4. As time pass our stake out will become public domain knowledge and I am sure people will come and join in, especially In the warmer months.

Result.

1. No CC that year within that area - I think we can safely assume why.
2. If something does happen - hopefully the stake out team are awake at the right moment to raise the alarm and call in standbys to investigate.

Equipment.
infra red camera and night vision, video cameras. high powered laser pins, 2 way walkie talker if not mobile signal. Tent etc and plenty of coffee.

Summary.
I believe this is very easy to debunk other way, however this is NOT a 5 minute stake out and will need dedication. However think about PR effect ATS would get......

IMHO

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Ok hows this for a scenario..some of the crop circle hoaxers get a few people on the watch team. They pretend to be watching a field one night. But they just make a crop circle instead or say nothing when a team of people come in and start making the circle. Then in the morning they say they saw the circle suddenly appear , or a UFO did it or some other crazy story...all the crop believers would take this to be the most solid evidence of the circles not being man made that's ever been put forward.

That would just totally defeat the object of the exercise and make matters worse.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

You would have to mix up the teams, Also video audio eveidence ect. I see your point though.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Just a thought, ever think of trying to get funding say from a TV company or something...Night vision Cameras etc.....if you plan on filming over a period of weeks/months your idea would make a decent documentary....as i said..just a thought ...

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Soloprotocol

I had a similar thought last night, I wondered if we could find some film students who would be interested in getting involved from the film/tech side of it.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link   

No doubt you could but this thing seriously needs to be kept under wraps and advertising it through college know doubt it would be all over facebook and twitter in a matter of hours.......phone Henry Winkler, remember..Hush Hush on..."Operation Catchy Monkey"...

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Soloprotocol

This is the way to go! win win for all.
Sponsorship is vital to cover expenses etc.
Contact a few TV companies would be a good idea.
Im sure you would find one prepared to do it. It would certainly be a good post event docu set that would attract viewers.

Happy to assist with this one should enough of you being up for it?

Note I am sceptical about cc's but thats not a bad thing. I would like to see this one debunked once and for all.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join