It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newsweek Proclaims Obama Is ‘The Second Coming’

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 12:33 AM
link   

“In a way, Obama’s standing above the country — above the world,” Thomas said during a 2009 interview on MSNBC. “He’s sort of God. He’s going to bring all different sides together.”

“This is getting more creepy every day. He’s being worshiped like a god,” one commenter wrote. “I really don’t like where this is going. Reminds me far to much of North Korea and Kim Jong Il.”

christiannews.net... messianic-second-coming/
nation.foxnews.com... 01/19/newsweek-proclaims-obama-second-coming

All hail
edit on 22-1-2013 by cass1dy09 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 12:44 AM
link   
2012 was the end of an age and the start of a new. I think america was a test for the mass to see if they could make the right decisions to make their country prosper but failed miserably by allowing total government take over. That is why you are seeing the start of the collapse. Sorry american citizens we sold out and failed TPTB's test. I see "the second coming" on the front cover as a way of "the real people in charge" telling us to get ready for a new america.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 12:50 AM
link   
When you are on top...there is only one direction you can go...and we have gravity on our side.

If he actually proclaimed himself to be the second coming of Jesus...I wouldn't be the least bit surprised. The next 4 years should be interesting...

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 01:02 AM
link   
The Fox news link is 404'd..lol

I read the Christian news link and I have to say the whole article is believers to themselves... rubbish!!!

This is such horse crap. This is referring to his second term meaning, round two of giving up more of our freedom.

I really fill like moving to North Korea at this point.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 01:25 AM
link   
I think that what Obama is trying to accomplish, in this day and age, is in essence, what JFK attempted in a much simpler world. I commend him, support his endeavors, but truly worry for his safety in this much more cruel and bitter world.

We, as a country, would probably not be able to recover if evil factions were able to get at him and I hope his security is up for the task and he keeps a diligent eye on them at all times.

We need him to succeed, and my personal Amen is applied.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 01:34 AM
link   
How much say does Obama have on that cover and caption.

Freedom of the press prevents Obama from stoping the publication.

Newsweek put out the caption, not Obama, so it's Newsweeks motives that have to be questioned.

What is their motive and agenda are the real questions.

Are they trying to stir religious feelings against him, By some of the posts, it appears they are succeeding.

To set the record straight, he is not Jesus. If He was he wouldn't be calling himself Barack for starters.

And he wouldn't have had so much trouble passing healthcare reform. Point is he wouldn't have to lie.

edit on 22-1-2013 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Our media behaves like a 12 yr old girl with a crush. How embarrassing! That dingdong on CNN.. Jim Acosta.... said something like he should pinch himself. "Giddy" was the term that described him.

I have a huge ego.. I can imagine Obama does too. Much more of this his head might explode. Mine sure would.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Every president becomes the anti-christ on ATS. Deny ignorance. Ring a bell?

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by charlyv

Originally posted by charlyv
I think that what Obama is trying to accomplish, in this day and age, is in essence, what JFK attempted in a much simpler world. I commend him, support his endeavors, but truly worry for his safety in this much more cruel and bitter world.

We, as a country, would probably not be able to recover if evil factions were able to get at him and I hope his security is up for the task and he keeps a diligent eye on them at all times.

We need him to succeed, and my personal Amen is applied.

When I see posts like this it always causes me to think...

How can ANYONE be so completely out of touch with reality?

It's actually frightening just to think about it.

This post and one other post here on ATS are really making me wonder HOW can people be so blind:

I for one love our Government and everyone who runs it.
I believe they know what's best for me and do not question their authority over me.
All those who question our governments intentions and good will toward humanity are ungood.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

I always read your posts Murgatroid, but the same could be said of you if I sat on the other side of the fence from where you are. Though I can see where you're coming from, you've made me scratch my head a number of times.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Liberals/Leftists are essentially atheists. This is why they always worship Government/Politicians instead of a higher power.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by MichiganSwampBuck

I always read your posts Murgatroid, but the same could be said of you if I sat on the other side of the fence from where you are. Though I can see where you're coming from, you've made me scratch my head a number of times.

I always appreciate a compliment, they are fairly rare on ATS...

Over the last few years of my life I have been truly amazed at the times when I discovered I was absolutely wrong about something when I had no idea.

So I am always open to any criticism in light of that fact, in fact I welcome it sometimes.

Lately I have realized that so many of us seem to be blinded to reality, myself included.

I wrote this particular post because it just saddens me to know that some ARE blinded to truths that are so important.

Thanks for the incite and I will try to take it to heart.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 03:43 AM
link   

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Dude, 65,899,660 or 51.1% (allegedly) of the US voters exhibited the same on November 6th. We live in a damn scary, very dark world. I think some of that 51.1% were one & dones, returning the agreed upon favor of a vote in exchange for all their redistribution gifts both received and promised... but you gotta know there's at least a certain percentage in there that actually hail BHO in a veritable orgy of idol worship.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by lucid eyes
Liberals/Leftists are essentially atheists. This is why they always worship Government/Politicians instead of a higher power.

So if Obama is God to them, and if they believe God doesn't exist, then Clint Eastwood was right on the money talking to an empty chair! There's some philosophical depth seeded in there someplace.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by charlyv

You my friend need to get up to date on some of the things that Obama has done. The man is tearing this country apart, but has the MSM in his pocket so they don't talk about it. Stop believing everything you see on the news. Start looking for the real answers. Obama isn't who he protrays himself as.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 07:51 AM
link   
This is more Obama worship.

Obama is trying to change and transform America into a collective led by an all powerful state. Instead of a nation of individuals who are led by the dictates of their own conscious.

Obama has a dangerous way of thinking. He believes the Constitution is fundamentally flawed because Africans were not Americans at the time the Constitution was written.

So it's up to him to fix this fundamental flaw by redistribution of wealth and moving Americans away from individual freedom to a Collective.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   
The second coming....

One of the external photos showed BigO with a crown of thorns and a crucified pose, hmmm I'm not sure about the symbolism but there is some food for thought.

Now on the subject of BigO as the second coming of Lincoln: let's see - complete polarization of the nation, eradication of half a million citizens, suspension of habeas corpus, martial law - I can see the similarities.

And on a side note from personal experience, second comings are generally weaker, less enthusiastic and not as productive, hmmm I guess we'll see about that as well.

ganjoa
edit on 22-1-2013 by ganjoa because: Hope this post doesn't get deleted for humor

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Murgatroid

Originally posted by MichiganSwampBuck

I always appreciate a compliment, they are fairly rare on ATS...

Over the last few years of my life I have been truly amazed at the times when I discovered I was absolutely wrong about something when I had no idea.

So I am always open to any criticism in light of that fact, in fact I welcome it sometimes.

Lately I have realized that so many of us seem to be blinded to reality, myself included.

I wrote this particular post because it just saddens me to know that some ARE blinded to truths that are so important.

Thanks for the incite and I will try to take it to heart.

I'm not saying I normally disagree with your reply posts, or that I always have a hard time understanding where you're coming from, but on a few occasions I have wondered.

I see this as my own ignorance because of where I'm usually coming from, so I'm not saying you're wrong, or have been wrong, but sometimes you make me wonder, so that is certainly a good thing. I guess I should ask you when I'm not certain what you are saying or why you are saying it.

Regarding charlyv's comparison to JFK and the possibility that the current president is headed the same way makes since from that point of view. I personally don't believe that this is true and it may be quite an unreal comparison, however, it at least takes Obama down a notch from the second coming of Christ. Nice thought to pray for our president though, he needs it just as much as any of us.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Def Youth
Every president becomes the anti-christ on ATS. Deny ignorance. Ring a bell?

Yes but this is time is true all our rights come from our creator the current messiah thinks they come from him and his benevolent government.

Rights come from the creator < christ

Rights come from government

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by cass1dy09

I agree with Newsweek. But I cant yet figure out if he's the second coming of Marx or Stalin.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join