It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[Mainstream Rapper] Lupe Fiasco Calls Obama a "Terrorist" at pre-inauguration party.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Haven't watched his videos but I'm just curious is Lupe a pawn of the Illuminati [
]? I mean has anyone looked for any symbolism in his music? Maybe that's why he got invited to the White House or the SS did a lousy job at SS detail.
edit on 21-1-2013 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

You heard that right and he bashed Obama at his own pre-inauguration celebration.

This was not a "pre-inauguration celebration" event.

Not every event happening in DC this past weekend was a "pre-inauguration" event.

Lupe Fiasco is well known to be anti-Obama, this is really only news to people who don't already know this.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater
Haven't watched his videos but I'm just curious is Lupe a pawn of the Illuminati [
]? I mean has anyone looked for any symbolism in his music? Maybe that's why he got invited to the White House or the SS did a lousy job at SS detail.

Good lord, he was not at the white house.

He was at an event that the organizers called an "inauguration party"...had nothing to do with the actual inauguration.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Congrats OP, you have mislead most people in this thread to make them believe this event took place at an official Inauguration event, and some even seem to think he did this in the White House.

These are the times I laugh at the "Deny Ignorance" theme.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Well,

My bad.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

and yet rap has been around for 30 years, and is still the same old crap.....well, most of it
1...young black guy, posing like he's tough and bad
2...telling how life sucks, all the while living large
3...shows off garish, over the top bling
4...treating women as if he was their pimp, and acting so smooth while doing it
5...always talking like no one else but him, really knows about life.

This is extremely wrong, It's funny people here are so against the media's story on just about everything, but you accept what they have told you about hip hop. The media told you hip hop is all those things, the media only reports on those parts of hip hop. Those messages are the ones they sensationalize and make stories out of because it's easy. I've been listening to hip hop for almost 30 years non stop, maybe 20% of my massive collection could fit into what you just said, and that includes all the albums I brought during the gangster rap era which started dying around the time pac and biggie died.

Don't get me wrong there is plenty of what you describe out there, but it's extremely easy for me to avoid all of it because it's not "most" hip hop as you say. The same 20 artists they feed people on the radio is not most hip hop.

Most of my collection is like this

edit on 21-1-2013 by mahatche because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Lupe is okay but I prefer Akala

Lots of good rappers but most of them are dismissed by record labels. Lowkey was good before he retired. Immortal Technique is a big underground artist that is good

quite a number of these guys are left wing almost without exclusion though, so i'm not sure how much republican types would like their message

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater

Probably. I mean every other musician on earth is a member of the illuminati according to people like you, so it stands to reason that Lupe also is

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by SPACEYstranger

Well he is a rapper, so publicity is part of his job. And if he's pushing a great message, he needs the publicity. You say it like it's a bad thing...

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Hopefully he lives to see another day after that one... or the TSA doesn't apprehend him at the airport.
I cant wait to see how this plays out

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by xedocodex

Nitpicking this thread seems pointless. The overall message is the same. Lupe is fighting the good fight and standing up for truth. He deserves any and all public attention he gets.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by VinceGG
Hopefully he lives to see another day after that one... or the TSA doesn't apprehend him at the airport.
I cant wait to see how this plays out
Lupe has been saying this stuff for a long time-I highly doubt they will take him out....he's pretty high profile

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Lupe has been pushing these messages since he became mainstream in 2006. This song is called "American Terrorist" from the “Food and Liquor" album, 2006.

“don't give the black man food, give red man liquor
red man fool, black man nigga
give yellow man tool, make him railroad builder
also give him pan, make him pull gold from river give black man crack, glocks and things, give red man
craps, slot machines..."

Great tune.
Keep it up Lupe!
edit on 21-1-2013 by capone1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by xedocodex
Congrats OP, you have mislead most people in this thread to make them believe this event took place at an official Inauguration event, and some even seem to think he did this in the White House.

These are the times I laugh at the "Deny Ignorance" theme.

Most people here will believe what they want to believe. It doesn't matter what the facts are.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   
lol he is just looking for Fame, Lupe has been going down in popularity for a while now.

Look at all the Anti-democrats having a spin on the story lol.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Interesting but Lupe had been anti-government from day 1. Some parallels with Lupe and Obama. Both are1st generation American with at least 1 West African parent. Both don't care too much for present pro-Israel policies. Both have ties to Chicago. Both have Muslim names.

I think the establishment will try to bring him down. After all, all he was doing was a concert but he criticized Obama at an inopportune time and they are now warping the story to suit their agenda. Also, his record label has not been kind to artists in the past who tend to spout political lines. Let's watch to see if they drop him or not.

Either way, he is too talented to just go away. He will continue with his shrewd, cynical, quirky, intelligent and thoughtful rap songs.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I wouldn't exactly label Lupe Fiasco as 'mainstream'. He openly speaks out against the wrongs in the world and actually makes meaningful, thought-provoking songs about real world issues. Sorry to spin off topic but he's the only artist I listen to because the truth in his words reflects my thoughts and beliefs. But I do not think this is just 'a publicity stunt'. Lupe has been very open and adament about his opposition to oppression and evil, no matter who or what it may be, even attacking the extreme views of his own Muslim faith in 'All Black Everything', which tells an alternate story of history that is very touching. 'This World Ends' is another good one, as well as many many more. I've been on ATS for about two years now but finally had to create an account after I saw the video. I know it's too long, sorry, just too damn excited this happened.

Added- His latest (I think) mixtape is named 'Friend of the People: I Fight Evil'

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Generator85

Huh.. never heard of this guy. No doubt most will just chalk him up to be a "conspiracy theorist".. instead of someone who's trying to get people to question things. I could be wrong, but I doubt he'll make it far in the industry.

haha yeah Eminem wont make it far either.....oh...wait....

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Who is Lupe Fiasco? Never heard of him. Probably needed the publicity. Oh, and by the way, I'm not an Obama supporter, before anyone starts in on me. I voted for Gary Johnson.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
another red herring.

They want you to focus on OBAMA, because the REAL terrorists are the REAL people running things behind the scenes.

blaming Obama is like blaming the cashier at BP for the oil prices.

edit to add: Bush did 10x more for terrorists than Obama is doing. but neither are saints!

edit on 21-1-2013 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

How paranoid can one person be?

Nobody notices that Obama is doing evil things! TPTB at work!
One person points out Obama is doing evil things then gets silenced! TPTB at work! (false flag edition)

Come on now, the line needs to get drawn somewhere

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join