It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[Mainstream Rapper] Lupe Fiasco Calls Obama a "Terrorist" at pre-inauguration party.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

Lupe Fiasco performed at this private event, and as you may have read, he left the stage earlier than we had planned. But Lupe Fiasco was not “kicked off stage” for an “anti-Obama rant.” We are staunch supporters of free speech, and free political speech. This was not about his opinions. Instead, after a bizarrely repetitive, jarring performance that left the crowd vocally dissatisfied, organizers decided to move on to the next act.

Lupe Fiasco: Official Statement From StartUp Rock On Organizers

Yeah, right.......

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 02:21 AM
link   
this was awesome! go lupe!

BTW whose bright idea was it to invite a rapper who is openly against Obama? We need to give him/her a reward or something.

My fav Lupe video with low-key, 2pac, and others.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Because Obama is not the man running things, he's merely the messenger.
Obama is being handed dossiers of locations and people to hit. He doesnt press the 'launch' button, he doesnt decide who and what and when and where to hit, he simply recieves his orders and signs his name.

The war against the middle east started in 2000, we've had 2 different presidents, handfuls of generals, sec's of defences etc... what is going on isnt something the 'government' controls, they merely stamp the pages and make it official.

As for bush?

Bush's father was part of the plan
Bush's grand father was part of the plan
Bush's VP was a big part of the plan
Bush's entire government is still instrumental in the things happening today

Bush is 10x more relevant to the 'agenda' than Obama.

Obama is 10x more relevant to the wallstreet theft of your nation, so if you had of said Obama is the biggest CROOK by assocation then I'd have agree'd, however he isnt the driving terrorist you (and this rapper) claim him to be!

just sayin!

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

Lupe Fiasco performed at this private event, and as you may have read, he left the stage earlier than we had planned. But Lupe Fiasco was not “kicked off stage” for an “anti-Obama rant.” We are staunch supporters of free speech, and free political speech. This was not about his opinions. Instead, after a bizarrely repetitive, jarring performance that left the crowd vocally dissatisfied, organizers decided to move on to the next act.

Lupe Fiasco: Official Statement From StartUp Rock On Organizers

Yeah, right.......

Wow looks like the spin machine is already at it! The video I posted in the OP clearly shows the audience members cheering FOR him. I can't believe they had the gall to call themselves supporters of free speech and free political speech after this. WOW!

Next thing you know the MSM is calling Lupe Fiasco a radical islamist (he really is an American Muslim which explains why he understands the foreign policy is a failure.)

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 02:29 AM
link   

That was my thought on it also.

The Crowd was CHEERING for him.

You cant make that up. I would love to post the lyrics, but T&C...................

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 02:37 AM
link   

you're welcome to that opinion, but my age tells me different, although, it was stated in equal sarcasm.

if you aren't familiar with the anti-war protests over VietNam, then you have never seen a real anti-war movement in the US.

and to be totally honest, Obama did no such thing.
if anything, he and he alone has re-ignited and expanded it.

i'm kinda looking forward to this next term ... there is no one else to blame.
his inter-cabinet opposition has been removed, his muslim buddies have been appointed in, the USSC will be stacked in his favor and the American public are watching very closely whether he thinks so or not.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Honor93

you're welcome to that opinion, but my age tells me different, although, it was stated in equal sarcasm.

if you aren't familiar with the anti-war protests over VietNam, then you have never seen a real anti-war movement in the US.

and to be totally honest, Obama did no such thing.
if anything, he and he alone has re-ignited and expanded it.

i'm kinda looking forward to this next term ... there is no one else to blame.
his inter-cabinet opposition has been removed, his muslim buddies have been appointed in, the USSC will be stacked in his favor and the American public are watching very closely whether he thinks so or not.

Uhhhhh....you obviously don't remember the anti-war protests that took place by progressives before Obama and the lack of those rallies after he was elected.

Its not an opinion, it is a fact and that fact has nothing to do with the Vietnam war and the protesters that fought against it. It also has nothing to do with your age.

He and he alone has re-ignited and expanded it

...what? are you kidding? wow. I now see exactly where you are coming from.

edit on 21-1-2013 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 02:43 AM
link   

unless he he leaves the country and goes into hiding, he will die an accidental death or suicide soon, he has a large fan base and does sway people with his words, im calling it right now, he will soon die or disappear.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by DocHolidaze

unless he he leaves the country and goes into hiding, he will die an accidental death or suicide soon, he has a large fan base and does sway people with his words, im calling it right now, he will soon die or disappear.

I hope you are wrong about this..
Immortal technique is still kicking it, so I don't know..
Maybe they'll pull a DMX, or T.I. on him?

But still I think Immortal tech is a bigger target.. Here's an intelligent rapper.. Nice interview.

Here's KRS One on Obama, and self image/responsibility..

Krs one - Obama
and
KRS one on hannity 9 minute interview

edit on 1/21/2013 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop

Obama is being handed dossiers of locations and people to hit. He doesnt press the 'launch' button, he doesnt decide who and what and when and where to hit, he simply recieves his orders and signs his name.

The war against the middle east started in 2000, we've had 2 different presidents, handfuls of generals, sec's of defences etc... what is going on isnt something the 'government' controls, they merely stamp the pages and make it official.

As for bush?

Obama is 10x more relevant to the wallstreet theft of your nation, so if you had of said Obama is the biggest CROOK by assocation then I'd have agree'd, however he isnt the driving terrorist you (and this rapper) claim him to be!

just sayin!

Im guessing your replying to me. Actually he is a terrorist even by the governments own definition. Anyone who uses violence to incite political upheaval or political change is considered a terrorist. One word "fast and ferocious" Using gun running to Mexican cartels in the hopes of changing policy here as well as in Libya arming rebels to overthrow a government. Hes a terrorist

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

My thoughts exactly!

Good to see people aren't blind!

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 03:32 AM
link   
hahaha, awesome! this is why i'm a fan of Lupe.

well, that and the fact he's a great rapper. but dude really got balls of steel.

i don't know what genius invited him to the inauguration event. this isn't exactly the first time he's spoken out against Obama and the government in general. i hope nothing's gonna happen to Lupe though. but if it will it might be all too obvious even to a lot of people what's happening.

then again, one would think it was when John Lennon or 2Pac died...

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Been a big fan of Lupe for a while now, like someone posted above he has been calling Obama a terrorist for years!

Ive always liked this STORY, people power!

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 03:49 AM
link   
I don't understand why they would invite him when he's dissed Obama multiple times? Those are actual lyrics of this song that is WELL known. His whole thing is making political or semi-political songs... which are all anti-gov.

[Lupe Fiasco]
I really think the war on terror is a bunch of bull#
Just a poor excuse for you to use up all your bullets
How much money does it take to really make a full clip
9/11 building 7 did they really pull it
Uhh, And a bunch of other cover ups
Your childs future was the first to go with budget cuts
If you think that hurts then, wait here comes the uppercut
The school was garbage in the first place, that's on the up and up
Keep you at the bottom but tease you with the uppercrust
You get it then they move it so you never keeping up enough
If you turn on TV all you see’s a bunch of “what the #s”
Dude is dating so and so blabbering bout such and such
And that ain't Jersey Shore, homie that's the news
And these the same people that supposed to be telling us the truth
Limbaugh is a racist, Glenn Beck is a racist Gaza strip was getting bombed,
Obama didn’t say #
That's why I ain't vote for him, next one either
I’ma part of the problem, my problem is I’m peaceful
And I believe in the people.

[Skylar Grey]
It’s so loud inside my head
With words that I should have said!
As I drown in my regrets
I can’t take back the words I never said

[Lupe Fiasco - Verse 2]
Now you can say it ain't our fault if we never heard it
But if we know better than we probably deserve it
Jihad is not a holy war, wheres that in the worship?
Murdering is not Islam!
And you are not observant
And you are not a muslim
Israel don’t take my side cause look how far you’ve pushed them
Walk with me into the ghetto, this where all the Kush went
Complain about the liquor store but what you drinking liquor for?
Complain about the gloom but when’d you pick a broom up?
Just listening to Pac ain't gone make it stop
A rebel in your thoughts, ain't gon make it halt
If you don’t become an actor you’ll never be a factor
Pills with million side effects
Take em when the pains felt
Wash them down with Diet soda!
Killin off your brain cells
Crooked banks around the World
Would gladly give a loan today
So if you ever miss a payment
They can take your home away!

[Skylar Grey]
It’s so loud inside my head
As I drown in my regrets
I can’t take back the words I never said, never said

[Lupe Fiasco - Verse 3]
I think that all the silence is worse than all the violence
Fear is such a weak emotion that's why I despise it
We scared of almost everything, afraid to even tell the truth
So scared of what you think of me, I’m scared of even telling you
Sometimes I’m like the only person I feel safe to tell it to
I’m locked inside a cell in me, I know that there’s a jail in you
Consider this your bailing out, so take a breath, inhale a few
My screams is finally getting free, my thoughts is finally yelling through

[Skylar Grey]
It’s so loud Inside my head
As I drown in my regrets

edit on 21-1-2013 by WaterBottle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop

As for bush?

just sayin!

You probably don't know this but we agree more than we disagree.

One thing I disagree with you is that Bush is more relevant to the agenda than Obama. Bush was an idiot, he was man-handled by Cheney and his military industrial complex friends.

Does Bush deserve more blame than Obama and vice versa? No, not at all. It is what you're trying to imply though. Obama put us in more wars than Bush did, are you still going to try to persuade people that Bush is a 'bigger terrorist'?

The point is, there is no difference. Lupe Fiasco called Obama the 'biggest terrorist' because that is what he currently is.

edit on 21-1-2013 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 03:58 AM
link   

I think he is trying to say is that Bush was part of the actual elite, or elite family... Obama isn't.. He's truly a "pawn".

Doesn't justify his actions though.

Bush is much more evil for starting the never ending war on terror, which was all planned, since the US didn't have "communists" to fight anymore. The military industrial complex needed another pay day.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
If Lupe Fiasco had more clout than just another flash in the pan musician, more would stand and listen.

Looks like a publicity stunt to me.

I absolutely agree with the base but this doesn't deserve front page news as he is not front page notable.

Peace

Haha

We wouldn't expect someone of your age to know who Lupe is.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Wow, never heard of this guy, and not a fan of rap and hip-hop, but I may be a fan of this guy. It's nice to see mainstream artists with a political message that isn't the same old "Change in '08" stuff we saw a few years ago, in fact, after the 08 election I'd pretty much given up on mainstream musicians and their political views. Kinda makes me want to start a band.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Samuelis

Haha

We wouldn't expect someone of your age to know who Lupe is.

Maybe they know this song?

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

LMAO RIGHT... that is why everyone was like WOOO YAH YAH LUPE wooo and cheering him.. because the show was not going well... and right after he talked bad about obama they just happened to do this I guess it was just a coincidence

Oh yah and even if a show isn't going "well" or whatever how disrepectful would it be to just shut someone off like that either way.. Oh you suck so we shut ur show off.. seriously? wtf is that. No no we support freedom of speech just not if you can't put on a good show then you have no freedom of speech..
edit on 21-1-2013 by dc4lifeskater because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join