It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

47 States Revolt Against Obama Gun Control

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by sdcigarpig
Having read the article the following can be stated:

Good for the people. They are standing up for their personal rights and freedoms. As long as it is peaceful, then this will be something that we can sit and discuss, along with seeing how things come around, along with how it will play out.

However, it must be stated that caution on the part of the protestors should be reminded, that with any demonstration, the side that throws the first punch will lose the battle for the opinions of the whole. Make no mistake, the people showing up, are within their rights to do such, as long as it is peaceful, but throw or threaten and the battle is lost from the get go.

I have found people who stand up for the 2nd amendment and the constitution are the most stable, level headed people in America!
If there is any trouble, it will be people placed in the ranks to try to stir up trouble and make the protestors look bad.
A lot of people are going that are not gun owners, they are just sick and tired of this administration trying to take our rights away!
My son who is a deputy sheriff told me 'to a man' the police in his county is against any more laws pecking at our rights!

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Its ironic how they "want" to take the guns away from the law abiding citizens yet sell assault rifles (and much worse I presume) to drug cartel members. Hmmmm.... wait a minute.

I live in America; I'm a citizen; I am in America; yet I still feel like I at an away game. Did our home team get new uniforms or something?...

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by DAVID64

!/19/2013 this Saturday at the Capital.the Govenor feels the heat.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by strafgod
Reply to post by Honor93

Your coming off as if your offended by my idea, why? With this tech implemented all zones could be gun free, it would only make it to where the law abiding citizen isn't the first to shot but in a time of need would allow you to defend yourself. I know its a pipe dream but would you not agree this is a better solution than flat out banning guns?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

I think the problem is, the idea you propose is science fiction, probably more borderline magic. Every single attempt at copy protection ever implemented has been nearly immediately rendered useless. Any technology to limit machines of any sort is easily disabled or worked around. I can't even imagine something that would lock out guns somehow through a signal which couldn't be disabled at the signal site, or on the weapon in a matter of seconds. Further, it would be easy to build one's own gun which would never have such a device in the first place.

It all guns coukd be completely disabled in public places magically, it would be great. If such a technology existed, we could slash the military budget 99% and solve all financial and domestic problems in the US in no time. It just simply isn't realistic. Not this century at least.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by strafgod

ok, that's how it was intended.
as a law-abiding gun owning American, i was slightly offended.

your 'idea' is overtly expensive, access prohibitive and contrary to the intent of the 2nd Amendment. do you need more ?

it would only make it to where the law abiding citizen isn't the first to shoot
did you re-read what you wrote ?
if so, how in hadies does that 'help' me in a 'time of need to defend myself' ???
please explain cause i sure don't see it.

when one is 'defending' themselves, their family, their home, their freedom, what does it matter who shoots first ??

if you are wielding a molatov cocktail, a lighter and intent to harm, why shouldn't i shoot first and ask questions, later ??

no, i wouldn't agree and a 'ban' as you infer isn't likely to occur anyway.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by DAVID64
reply to post by madenusa

When is this happening? I wish I could write a letter to my Governor, letting him know how I feel about our gun laws and any new ones coming into effect. But, I live in Illinois and he will back Obama in anything he does. I guarantee our new concealed carry law will be so strict there's almost no chance of getting one. I'm glad to see States standing up to Obama and letting the people's wishes be heard. Just wish this was one of them.

America here is your chance to be heard. There is a peaceful Demonstration organized for Jan 19th in all 50 states. There is more information for your state is below. Please share this with every Red blooded American you know. "United We Stand" This is our chance to show our politicians how strong Gun Owners Of America are, and How United and determined we have become on preserving our 2nd Amendment Rights.
b4in.com...
edit on 17-1-2013 by madenusa because: edit

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375
What's wrong with those people?

He didn't actually pass any gun "control" legislation.
He just passed orders for some studies on gun issues or strengthened laws already on the books.
edit on 17-1-2013 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed;
if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly;
you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival.
There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory because it is better to perish than to live as slaves.

Sir Winston Churchill

P

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Reply to post by dogstar23

Yeah I understand that, though it could be tampered with or guns could be bought on the black market this kind of tech would help law enforcement easily pinpoint who is carrying an illegel weapon if past through a metal detector.

I dont want to see guns banned but I know they wont stop pushing until those that want to defend their rights push back or an idea is brought forth that eases the mind of those that want them
banned could live with.

Its just an idea, a bad one I guess, im just gonns back out with my wild imagination and im going off topic ideas

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Reply to post by Honor93

I get it, its not the solution. There really isnt a point in discussing it as im just going off topic

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Every firearm sale will have to go through the national background check, even person to person sales. The background check will now record all sales. Thats a federal gun registration boys and girls. All state records of previous sales will also be included on that list, if it was recorded anywhere. There also setting up the medical field who will be under control of the gov, thanks to obama care, to have access to our records. If you think this is no big deal, think again. This was very well thought out.
Bill

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by strafgod
Reply to post by Honor93

Your coming off as if your offended by my idea, why? With this tech implemented all zones could be gun free, it would only make it to where the law abiding citizen isn't the first to shot but in a time of need would allow you to defend yourself. I know its a pipe dream but would you not agree this is a better solution than flat out banning guns?

I appreciate that you are trying to offer a solution, but I think your solution is impractical at best. Leaving the monetary implications aside which our government can't afford. What happens if the technology fails? You can bet criminals will not be using these guns. Maybe in the far future, such a thing would be possible but it currently is not even remotely feasible.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by strafgod

no problem.
if the idea wasn't worthy a discussion, i wouldn't have responded.

however, this is the real problem ...

or an idea is brought forth that eases the mind of those that want them banned could live with
'wants' are not equal to rights and should not be protected or guaranteed.

also, it is not the duty of government to appease 'wants', they are to protect and enhance the rights of the people.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 09:58 PM
link   
This wont hurt Obama at all. He has his Second Term (which was guaranteed). He can do whatever he wants, when he wants to (executive orders by the previous Lackey).

You all think 911 was a conspiracy to invade Iraq and Afghanistan?? LOL!!!! Our Schools for sure arent doing a good job.

The False flags will keep going on as long as we let them, which apparently we do. The Populous is to stupid to interpret anything (thanks to our Schools and Teachers).

Critical thinking is key and I hope that is actually happening in some sort of society.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by T4NG0

"Clarify that the Affordable Care Act does not prohibit doctors asking their patients about guns in their homes."

"Release a letter to health care providers clarifying that no federal law prohibits them from reporting threats of violence to law enforcement authorities."

Gives the Doctors the ability to find the crazy's who would go shoot up a school full of kids.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 10:12 PM
link   
2nd Right is setting up for February 8th at 10 am till noon.
This is a Friday.

Peaceful demonstration at every state capital for our 2nd amendment rights
Friday, February 8, 2013 at 10:00am

www.facebook.com...

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by js331975

You really believe that?

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by HomoSapiensSapiens
reply to post by Chrisfishenstein

Yes. Indeed, your forefathers also gave you the right to have bazookas and rocket launchers. In fact, in order to protect yourself against any tyrannical government, the 2nd amendment should also allow you to have EMPs; indeed, nuclear weapons themselves and any other advanced weaponry that exists today. Why stop there? You should also be allowed to purchase WMDs!

The fact of the matter is, your guns are petty and silly. If the government really wanted to become totalitarian and tyrannical, I'm sure they could use some sort of device to incapacitate the entire population, stop the water, stop the food and simply have the army stroll in without any resistance, with no citizen able to grab their gun because they're busy writhing on the floor from a government device that rendered them so.

Oh, 'Muricans and their guns. The only thing it protects you from is from another gun-wielding maniac and even that's not guaranteed.

Now you (based on your Avatar and Comments) I would feel fine restricting from having any kind of fire arm but unfortunately, the only people who are likely to turn in their banned firearms would be law abiding normal people, while nutcases and criminals will always find ways to get the weapons they want to do the crimes they want.

All and all, I find your exaggerations immature and ill informed, just like a lot of City Dwelling Closet Geniuses here and elsewhere; no offense, just the facts intended.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 10:36 PM
link   
www.cga.ct.gov... i guess ed mayer didnt get the memo about the states not wanting to pass new gun laws this moon bat wants to pass a law to make it illegal for a gun to fire more then one shot.......

General Assembly Proposed Bill No. 122 January Session, 2013 LCO No. 543 Referred to Committee on JUDICIARY Introduced by: SEN. MEYER, 12th Dist. AN ACT CONCERNING RESTRICTIONS ON GUN USE. Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives in General Assembly convened: That the general statutes be amended to establish a class C felony offense, except for certain military and law enforcement personnel and certain gun clubs, for (1) any person or organization to purchase, sell, donate, transport, possess or use any gun except one made to fire a single round, (2) any person to fire a gun containing more than a single round, (3) any person or organization to receive from another state, territory or country a gun made to fire multiple rounds, or (4) any person or organization to purchase, sell, donate or possess a magazine or clip capable of holding more than one round. Statement of Purpose: To reduce the use of guns for criminal purposes.

more on topic its good to see most of the states stand up for their rights to the fed been too long coming in my opinion

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by HomoSapiensSapiens
reply to post by Chrisfishenstein

Yes. Indeed, your forefathers also gave you the right to have bazookas and rocket launchers. In fact, in order to protect yourself against any tyrannical government, the 2nd amendment should also allow you to have EMPs; indeed, nuclear weapons themselves and any other advanced weaponry that exists today. Why stop there? You should also be allowed to purchase WMDs!

The fact of the matter is, your guns are petty and silly. If the government really wanted to become totalitarian and tyrannical, I'm sure they could use some sort of device to incapacitate the entire population, stop the water, stop the food and simply have the army stroll in without any resistance, with no citizen able to grab their gun because they're busy writhing on the floor from a government device that rendered them so.

Oh, 'Muricans and their guns. The only thing it protects you from is from another gun-wielding maniac and even that's not guaranteed.

you are retarded. WMDs are not for defense as they destroy indiscriminately as would EMP. The argument you use as to how the government could subjugate us even if we have our weapons is the same argument that can be used to point out that criminals who want to kill will kill whether there are guns or not. I have a fighting chance with a killer that would much rather shoot at me or attack me physically instead of using some passive way of killing me like poison or a trap like way of killing me like an explosive on my car or home.

We are just being put at a disadvantage without weapons and having people come up with new ways to kill people.

the problem is not guns it is people. get rid of guns and some crazy person will find away to kill you. Then we will have more bans or controls..

Legislation fixes nothing, banning objects do nothing.. why can't people get that.. the problem is people who are crazy enough to commit crimes.

that is what needs to be fixed. this whole gun deal is retarded as hell. yeah lets focus on everything but the problem

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 10:42 PM
link   

That's where we're headed, folks. Keep giving up them rights.

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join