It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Thoughts On The Nightly News and Television In General

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   
There are six major owners of the media and this should be considered a monopoly on the mindsets of the general public.These people are the keepers of knowledge and the judges of what information should be spoon fed to the masses.

If you turn on the nightly news you will notice that they all are working in unison to promote the same stories, regardless of whether they are "left wing" or "right wing" programming. Information means power and these corporations are investing billions of dollars to control as many minds as possible. They use psychological techniques to basically "hypnotize" viewers to sympathize with the agendas they wish to promoted. In short, avoid television network programming or watch it very skeptically. It is the greatest propaganda tool ever invented.

Below is a poster I made. Feel free to spread it around if you would like.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   
They really are doing the best they can to get the populace as close to a tomato as possible. You make a good point, i myself try to avoid watching television sheeplesly. Most things i watch are downloaded documentairies and some series (like futurama etc.) wich most of the time i don't really watch but have it on screen as sort of background noise/light in my room.

It stood out to me a long time ago that television is propaganda in its most powerfull form and i don't follow any shows or any other garbage that comes on. I also don't worship people from tv like most idiots do, with their favorite actor/actress bs award shows etc.

But to get to the point, i'm 100% with you, most people have no clue about how powerfull something like televsion is on the populace. Thats also one of the reasons i ended up on this website.

S&F
edit on 14/1/2013 by Bauwser because: (no reason given)

edit on 14/1/2013 by Bauwser because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Jdawg9909

There are six major owners of the media and this should be considered a monopoly on the mindsets of the general public.

You said 'major'. So not all.
In my area we have major 5 tv stations and several low power ones.

To assume thay are all feeding us the same controlled information is a stretch. These reporters live in town and are our neighbors. Their kids go to the same schools as ours.
Most tv reporters make about 40K per year. Not exactly hush money is it.

Maybe tv news isn't covering what you feel is important? Maybe what is being reported on is garbage in the overall scheme of things. But they do report on what most people are interested in. Sexy and sensational seem to be big draws so you can expect them to get big airplay.

Head of the CIA sex scandle. Big ratings.
Humanna health care cuts. Ho hum.

If you are upset with the types of stories or the accuracy of same, I offer this. They are doing their main job by getting YOU to tune in. That is what pays the bills. If enough people tune out they would change their programming.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Nightly news on any mainstream network is like *Evening at the Improv for TPTB.
JUST FOR LAUGHS

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   
hey...i have a great idea...people need to read more....compared to 50 years ago, we have an unlimited amount of news information sources available.....back in the 60's you had the 6 o'clock news on only 3 TV stations and the local newsaper. to say we lack access to news is absurd

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I used to be a big news junky. I just had to watch every "major" political and international event to see what the latest buzz was about. Then, I figured out that much of what I was watching on the tube was either a repeat of before (see war, crime, political bullcrap, lofty speech, sad story, and so on and so on). Once I figured out the pattern of crisis, dramatization of the crisis, and call to action by the newscaster, I just stopped listening. Many of the problems that occur in the world have very little to do with me, personally or the people I know. And most of these problems I can not personally affect or change. Sure, some things I can, but ultimately most of things on the Nightly News, I cannot. I realized this stuff just isn't healthy to watch, psychologically. So, I stopped. The quality of my life hasn't changed one bit since then, either. The modern day news cycle isn't here to inform you, its designed to entertain you. And that just doesn't cut-it for me.

-Ghoster
edit on 14-1-2013 by theghoster because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   
MSM is a crock of #. No doubt. Could never watch that crap. I'd like to see some of those reporters get slapped though. Then I'd watch.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I haven't watched television or had cable for 5 yrs. I was so irritated with the American Survivor/Lost/Anna Nichol IS DEAD crap. It was stupifing that the news media was taking up as much as five minutes of time to let me know that Paris was in jail and how the judge wouldn't let her have her cell phone for 10 whole days. I was mortified.

I read one MSM news and one EU news and one middle eastern paper a day. Online, yes. But I read it. It's a nice cross section of 'newsworthy' events.

The part that gets me watching people watch TV. They become numb LOOKING. Glazed over and stupified.

I'm not saying I'm immune to finding a new series that gets my blood going. "Sons of Anarchy" is a favorite. Come on folks, shake off the hypnotism.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   

I'm with you, except that the left wing is much more prominent in the media and they also share the same agenda. Fox News, while maybe on topic with the other, definitely has a different set of talking points.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   

I just had an "AH HA moment"!

I think I am starting to see what is truly going on with the media and their ultimate intentions.

Alex Jones getting MSM attention..Reality Check with Ben Swann becoming increasingly popular...the alternative news making gains and the MSM losing gains...

they are dividing the mind...lobotomy style and consequently divide the people to create a huge problem (civil war) to provide a new solution that they have had in the works for a very...very long time.

They are presenting people with conflicting information and conflicting contrasting viewpoints to confuse, irritate, and create debate among "peers"...they are trying to catalyze a social divide that will rid us of our fundamental rights.

They are CREATING extremists on both sides...they have been conditioning people with this dualistic mentality for generations now, with examples like Republicans and Democrats, Liberals and Conservatives, Red team and Blue team...Safety/Security vs Freedom and Liberty...

They are tearing people's brains right down the center and it matters NOT which side of the fence you go...you will perpetuate their agenda by taking EITHER SIDE...

Divide and Conquer...not only psychically...but MENTALLY...because when were fighting each-other were not fighting them.

Its so damn obvious now...I expect the alternative news to get more attention to increase the mental, moral, ethical divide of this country and once the gap gets big enough and once the tension is high enough...we will see the next great divide (civil war) that will play us all right into their hands...

The media focuses ONLY on what divides us and ignores the common denominator in humanity that will unite us.
edit on 14-1-2013 by Sly1one because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Also as for a little experiment for people to try...Turn on the TV watch the news or commercials or almost anything with the sound OFF...after a while you will start to see the repetitiveness and its visual indoctrination...Its LOOPED visuals focused on hypnotizing you...

There are certain ways to heighten your awareness to this but I can't talk about them here...

give it a whirl and see for yourself.
edit on 14-1-2013 by Sly1one because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   
The only appropriate thing to do with tv now is to switch the damn thing off, it's so toxic. And yes, I do have one...it's tiny...the smallest flatscreen I could find, but most days it's hardly ever on, unless there is a natural history something or other I want to watch. There is something very empowering about silence, and it's massively mind and creativity expanding too..don't be scared of it. Try reading or writing or drawing or cooking or classical music. you won't believe how time and possibility grow when you give them space without all the mind control manufactured garbage the tv fires at us.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by caitlinfae

unless there is a natural history something or other I want to watch.

How do you know those shows are accurate?

If the news shows are steering you in the direction TPTB how do you know that elephants in Africa are really being killed for their tusks?

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by samkent

To assume thay are all feeding us the same controlled information is a stretch. These reporters live in town and are our neighbors. Their kids go to the same schools as ours.
Most tv reporters make about 40K per year. Not exactly hush money is it.

Well who feeds them the national stories for the day which they report? Who writes the cue cards that they read? These people are just talking heads for the information which they are paid to read and report. We are controlled even at the local level.
edit on 14-1-2013 by Jdawg9909 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

Alex Jones' company, GCN, is owned by Disney/ABC.
That should speak volumes to anyone who is researching that matter.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Excellent thread and I was just discussing with a member here about this thread.....
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I believe this is related to what you are trying to point out, forgive me I am not trying to derail here just adding some more wood to the fire.

I really like your poster and will share it where and whenever I can.

S&F
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by theghoster

Exactly. Sometimes I think that the nightly news is specifically designed to stress people out and leave viewers depressed or in a negative energy, feeling of helplessness, etc. There are billions of dollars being pumped into these corporations for a reason and that reason is power(control). Power is more valuable than any form of money.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder

No need to worry.

Glad you are discussing this as well. There is so much to uncover. This is just one little bit of the puzzle and wanted to find if people are seeing the manipulation in the media and it is refreshing im not the only one!
edit on 14-1-2013 by Jdawg9909 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by samkent

I don't KNOW anything.

From the day I was born. I didn't KNOW anything.

My parents & family taught me.
My schools taught me.
Endless stacks of library books.
And then the INTERNET.

Documentaries and histories can be altered. Information at my fingertips could easily be inaccurate.

Winners write history.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Wish more folks on ATS felt the same way. Right now the agenda being pushed at the front is gun control, lots of other stuff going on in the world but the main one they want us to think about right now is gun control. Click Recent Posts, I'd say its working.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join