It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Best Avatars on the net? ATS?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I was just curious as to whether we at ATS brandish the best avatars on the net.

ATS is the first and only forum that I belong to and the avatars I see around are pretty impressive, nothing like the simple ones I see when just searching the net and coming across a forum.

Does ATS have the greatest avatars?

Who has travelled to forums and beyond, what do you think?

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 09:50 AM
link   
ATS/BTS avatars are the best, there are so many and their so different

your's in pretty cool

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I think we have the best, I have seen another site, they are no so good.

[Edited on 27-10-2004 by SpittinCobra]

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I'd have to agree that we have the best.

Ive been to many message boards and none of them come even close.

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Yes, peoples online ego and appearance are huge on ATS! Ha, yeh we have the most creative and compulsively obsessed members on the net for sure.

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I hate my laptop, It always messes up my typing. I dont notice untill I go back and reread it.

The laptop has a gray pad that you use for the mouse, sometimes when I am writing, my palm drags, I guess, and the curser moves and I dont notice.
I know I am off topic. I dont want people reading my post, and think what a retard. LOL.

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinCobra
I hate my laptop, It always messes up my typing. I dont notice untill I go back and reread it.

The laptop has a gray pad that you use for the mouse, sometimes when I am writing, my palm drags, I guess, and the curser moves and I dont notice.
I know I am off topic. I dont want people reading my post, and think what a retard. LOL.

I think that anyways...
just kidding..

my laptop does the same thing while I'm here at work, sometimes it takes me 2-3-4 minutes for a simple post.. I keep having to go back and re-type something... arghhhh.
:bnghd:
:bnghd:
a lot of people turn off the key pad and use the little toggle mouse.....
not me though.. .i'd rather fight it.. :bnghd::bnghd:

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 01:28 PM
link   
As they say in the 'Highlander' films, 'There can be only one !"

Originally posted by SpittinCobra

I hate those things. It takes me ages to do anything if I have to use a laptop. The concept is good, but the execution of it pretty dire.

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Yeah, we certainly have the best avatars around.

Stationscreations, yours is simply awesome, breathtaking. I was really impressed when I first saw it.

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Mine would be a lot cooler if it worked correctly (it's frozen).
And I think my signature is just as good.

[Edited on 10/28/04 by diehard_democrat]

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 08:36 PM
link   
diehard_democrat you avatar seems to be working. I see an animated fire ball.

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by earthtone
Yes, peoples online ego and appearance are huge on ATS!

Shut up! Shut up! I don't know what your talking about.

Note to self: Cease working on photoshopping my head onto a picture of Jesus for an avatar.

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by diehard_democrat
Mine would be a lot cooler if it worked correctly (it's frozen).

it is working now, diehard

as for the topic, yea I would agree that ATS does have some of, if not THE best avatars on the net (not including mine, of course)

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 09:47 PM
link   
What's weird is sometimes when I'm on the site, it will just freeze, and then 10 seconds later it's working. Has this happened to anybody else?

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 09:53 PM
link   

What's weird is sometimes when I'm on the site, it will just freeze, and then 10 seconds later it's working. Has this happened to anybody else?

yes, I've noticed yours freezing up before obviously it's never happened to me as I don't have an animated GIF as an avatar, but for the most part it's usually working. I haven't seen other's animated avatars freezing though, just yours

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Shugo, by faaaaaaaaar has the best damn avatar period. Check it out, pg 158 of the 3-word-story.

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Shugo, by faaaaaaaaar has the best damn avatar period. Check it out, pg 158 of the 3-word-story.

lol, yes I agree

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Speaking of which:

Has anyone even tried to attempt to force themselves to read the entire 3 word story? I'd go insane after the first 15 pages

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Speaking of which:

Has anyone even tried to attempt to force themselves to read the entire 3 word story? I'd go insane after the first 15 pages

lol, I'd never do it on my free time
the only way that I'd ever read the entire thing is if I could print it out and read it during English class, there isn't anything more boring

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Yeah, I agree. Someone should compile the entire thing to one post so people can read it easily.

(Why's everybody staring at me?)

<<   2  3 >>

join