It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's 2013...Soon you can apply to colonize Mars

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Ireminisce

I've been thinking about it since you posted this thread and i'm beginning to think it may not be a bad idea!!

The inner cities are becoming too crowded and the jungles are being cut down.... pretty soon we wont have any clean air to breathe, not to mention the weirdness of people down here....

Some places are becoming too harsh to live...

well/.... i'm going to mention it.... religious fanatics waging war among eachother and other fanatics who dont like certain minorities.... its getting pretty bad in some areas!!!

I have a feeling there will be a race war/religious war and a possible WW3 all happening at the same time..... well, the first 2 have already started..... I read online news and see peoples posts... there's a lot of hatred out there.....

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by dorkfish87
One would imagine colonizing mars will to some extent include terra formation processes. Sign me up
Unless I'm wrong they would have to terra form to create an atmosphere to protect against lethal rays.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by AgentX09

Any terraforming would be far far in the future.

Theres no reason food could not be cultivated in domes in the mean time. Research is being conducted at the moment into what crop modifications would be best to adapt the crops for the conditions.

Mars is feasible when we decide we have the will.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 06:02 AM
link   

One would imagine colonizing mars will to some extent include terra formation processes. Sign me up

Yeah but we could spend 50-100 years letting machines do all that before we send algea, then plants, and then after 150-200 years, then humans... Give them at least a chance.

My timescales could be off by as much as 50% but that still leaves 75-150 years before we should consider sending humans to COLONIZE...

A short visit... Sure.

Unless of course they are planning to or being forced to, release all the hidden technology. Then sure. We could probably live anywhere then. Except Maybe the surface or center of the sun...MAYBE.

Maybe a space station orbiting mars with a few shuttles for travel to and from the surface would help, so earth deliveries of new supplies could just dock with the space station and then the staff working the station could make deliveries to the colony. So you'd essentially need a whole other colony in space. It would obviously be a long term mission for any astronauts. So an artifical gravity would be required to maintain bone and muscle density.

What would be weird is if living on mars somehow changed the colonists...into, I don't know, something DIFFERENT. Maybe just something in the DNA gets changed or activated differently than on earth, so that we still look human but just use different parts of our brain or jist think differently. Maybe some senses are strenthened while others are weakened, same with emotions... Or Maybe the entire anatomy will change and they truly will be a different species... Maybe they won't find out anythings wrong until the second or third generation they are born with tails and razor sharp teeth...with scales...

Or maybe it increases intelligence 10 fold and makes us incredibly violent, so that a group of 20 martians could take over the earth, cause they're so smart and all they want to do is to conquer

Maybe that's the frequency sent out by a dead planet, telling its most intelligent inhabitants to go out an find a new home, but above all else, survive, and ensure the survival of your descendants, by any and all means necessary... And it gives them a final blast of energy lasting 50-100 million years that speeds the evolution, giving them the means to survive without their mother planet... one final gift from a loving matriarch... Well it served its purpose and we escaped to earth millions of years ago...decimating the dinosaurs in the process But we did not realize that returning to mars would have an effect on us as the frequency blast is still going for another 500,000 years...

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 06:08 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Hitler I believe once said that all or most of the brave and strong people in Europe went to America, hence her might and success. Whether he said it or not, I have to wonder if a Martian nation might become mighty one day.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3n19m470

Yeah but we could spend 50-100 years letting machines do all that before we send algea, then plants, and then after 150-200 years, then humans... Give them at least a chance.

My timescales could be off by as much as 50% but that still leaves 75-150 years before we should consider sending humans to COLONIZE...

A short visit... Sure.

Unless of course they are planning to or being forced to, release all the hidden technology. Then sure. We could probably live anywhere then. Except Maybe the surface or center of the sun...MAYBE.

Maybe a space station orbiting mars with a few shuttles for travel to and from the surface would help, so earth deliveries of new supplies could just dock with the space station and then the staff working the station could make deliveries to the colony. So you'd essentially need a whole other colony in space. It would obviously be a long term mission for any astronauts. So an artifical gravity would be required to maintain bone and muscle density.

What would be weird is if living on mars somehow changed the colonists...into, I don't know, something DIFFERENT. Maybe just something in the DNA gets changed or activated differently than on earth, so that we still look human but just use different parts of our brain or jist think differently. Maybe some senses are strenthened while others are weakened, same with emotions... Or Maybe the entire anatomy will change and they truly will be a different species... Maybe they won't find out anythings wrong until the second or third generation they are born with tails and razor sharp teeth...with scales...

Or maybe it increases intelligence 10 fold and makes us incredibly violent, so that a group of 20 martians could take over the earth, cause they're so smart and all they want to do is to conquer

Maybe that's the frequency sent out by a dead planet, telling its most intelligent inhabitants to go out an find a new home, but above all else, survive, and ensure the survival of your descendants, by any and all means necessary... And it gives them a final blast of energy lasting 50-100 million years that speeds the evolution, giving them the means to survive without their mother planet... one final gift from a loving matriarch... Well it served its purpose and we escaped to earth millions of years ago...decimating the dinosaurs in the process But we did not realize that returning to mars would have an effect on us as the frequency blast is still going for another 500,000 years...

I've considered the possibility that the lower Martian gravity, along with other (as yet unknown) factors may alter the humans living there, and three generations along the differences will start to become noticeable. Very likely intelligence will be higher, since the people chosen to go will be highly intelligent to begin with. But I beg to differ with you on the point of higher intelligence = more violent. Highly intelligent people generally use their brains rather than their fists to solve problems.

I suspect that, three generations later, the inhabitants of Mars will be peaceable, intelligent, democratic people who are highly resourceful and very connected with their adopted planet. They'll have to be in order to survive the conditions.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by 3n19m470

If I was 20 years old i'd probably sign up!

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Just had a bad thought, what if the Astronauts do go to Mars only to be dissected and held captive for experiments like those at area 51? This thread made me think of this...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Signed up and I was ready to go yesterday. The sooner the better!

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Count me in, Earth is overrated!

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Meh, there is still enough to do on planet earth.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   
18 months without gravity, my guess is the people will die as soon as they reach the planet. They are going to have no muscle left so wont even be able to get out of their seats once landed.

Whoever is stupid enough to sign themselves up deserves whats coming to them.
edit on 18-3-2013 by AmberLeaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I wonder if they got the idea from

EUREKA!!

If it does get televised, I want to watch this. They also need a camera on Mars.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I am quite convinced that we earthlings once left Mars before things got a bit sticky there many moons ago, but to go back to this desolate dump?
C'mon!

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   
A one way trip...to colonize a barren planet...with only a handful of suicidal astronauts to save you if something goes wrong...

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Oh my, can you imagine putting your life under the hands of a private corporation dictatorship and trusting they are good and not murderers? Wow! That would take some leap of faith I don't have.

Furthermore, far away in the solar system under the dark side administrators, anything can happen to you for any little comment, for being sick and refusing to work, you'd basically be a slave.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   
sign me up,.
this planet is at a rapid decay rate anyway,. might as well start something monumental
also to note,. I better get ATS there
edit on 18-3-2013 by Lil Drummerboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   
5 bucks says old man Rockefeller already has an underground base over there.

If he doesn't... we should leave him over there with his other butt buddies to see how long they last.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
Oh my, can you imagine putting your life under the hands of a private corporation dictatorship and trusting they are good and not murderers? Wow! That would take some leap of faith I don't have.

Furthermore, far away in the solar system under the dark side administrators, anything can happen to you for any little comment, for being sick and refusing to work, you'd basically be a slave.

CAVE JOHNSON IS THIS YOUR IDEA? Why do I get the feeling that the Ships computer will be named GLADOS? And Will there be cake?

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kram09
Well we've done a good job of wrecking this planet so I guess it's time to start moving on to wreck another.

I agree. I think it's a test for a future penal colony, a sort of astral Guatamato Bay, send all the undesireables there. Women? I might go, but they'll probably send real scrubbers, fat frumps. And entertainment? Endless repeats of My Favorite Martian.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join