It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MARS : Unmasking the coverup [ What Mars Really Looks Like ]

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Have you ever seen Mars in real color ?
If not , watch this video
Here is a guy who is showing us the true color of the Mars using a reversal technique
This is a fight against photo manipulation and lies

Nasa / Esa space agencies have gotten away with photo manipulation for many years now. With public technology a bit more advanced, we now can fight the space agencies back using a reversal technique. ( fighting fire with fire ) Everything can be figured out in reverse, this is how we have always learned, After all, we saw the tree before its seed. All Photos have a negative, even digital photos. So we have attempted to scrape off the airbrushed layer of 57 different photos of Mars and have came up with over 2000 images. This is part one of four. Don't miss the last couple of minutes as there are some strange images. All the links to the raw original photos are posted below This is no Hoax

SOURCE

+7 more 
posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 04:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Equiinox

Here is a guy who is showing us the true color of the Mars using a reversal technique This is a fight against photo manipulation and lies

Here is a guy who is altering the colour balance on pictures and getting different colours on the picture ... that isn't a reversal technique its just altering the colour balance to his taste , I used to do it with Spirit rover pictures for fun .

+9 more 
posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Ummm...I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but if that's the real colour of Mars, than why does it appear red through my telescope? What reason would they have for lying about the colour of Mars? I'll answer that one for you. They don't have any reason as all the red colouration means is that there are high concentrations of iron oxide in the soil. Really, you need to stop being so darn gullible. Don't believe everything you read in the internet.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Looking at mars even with the naked eye it appears red.. So I call bs on the vid and its maker is just seeing what he wants to see..

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 05:01 AM
link   
reply to post by xXxinfidelxXx

Sorry man, but it looks red from a distance on account of the dust in the Atmosphere, from orbit its a kinda yellowy sand colour, some parts are green, others blue tinted depending on the mineral deposits of the area. I would say NASA do seem to favour beaming photos and video footage back that are predominantly red in colour, I dont know why, perhaps to reinforce the idea OF THE RED PLANET!, maybe, I dont know. Maybe its just those photos the media decide to use more than likely.

Because at the same time there is also gigs worth of photos available from NASA that show natural colours from the planet surface, even videos with white fluffy clouds rolling by, so you know, they aint exactly trying to hide anything I suppose.

My only gripe is there fascination with black and white, i know nothing about photography, let alone photography on other planets, so if someone could explain that one to me?, why take a black and white photograph when you have one of the most advanced optical devices ever created that can shoot in colour?, that would be great thanks.

Oh and as for the random youtube video, that guy is completely mental.
edit on 24-1-2013 by Tuttle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 05:24 AM
link   
The maths this person is using doesn't make sense. Nor does the method.

The person is talking about reversing a procedure, but is using a non-linear method to do so. What exactly is being mathematically reversed in this operation? Why apply functions which work using percentiles multiple times in a row?

The person says in the video 'I am doing this to make sure I don't go too far' or something to that effect ... but why not just do it right the first time?

If you use the same function multiple times to modify the contrast of an image, and then desaturate it twice, then auto level twice .... Auto basically takes the darkest pixel and puts it on the left of the histogram, puts the brightest on the right and distributes the others in between accordingly. What possible purpose does doing this twice serve?

The shadows and highlights change is basically being somewhat 'undone' by the auto levels; why move a point on your histogram just to move it back in some convoluted way? I've met this person on ATS before (RPeternell), and the maths didn't make sense in those threads either.

Generally speaking in this type of work you should be trying to do as few functions as possible to get to your end point ... not stacking them on top of one another which just increases your chance of destroying data or doing some kind of amazing back to front time machine maths.

Old thread is here.
edit on 24-1-2013 by Pinke because: typos and old thread

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 05:30 AM
link   
The YouTube user also has to approve comments, which of course will be to his liking. Whenever that happens to these such videos, I always smell lies or trolls.

If he is sincerer about it...biggest pareidolia!

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Can't watch the video here in Germany because of copyright protection...
I heard about this a couple of years ago though.
Did a quick Google search and found these pictures:
www.thelivingmoon.com...

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 06:22 AM
link   

I am now officially dumber, having watched this video.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Regenstorm

Hiya Regenstorm,

Keith Laney is a whole different thing. Whilst I don't agree with everything Keith Laney does, the person does actually know a fair bit more of what their doing and their findings reflect that ... (minus the work Keith allegedly did with Richard Hoagland; the pair are not on speaking terms as far as I know.)

I believe if you asked Keith Laney's opinion on this video it wouldn't differ much from mine. I could actually go on for a while about this one, though I don't believe anyone is defending it. (Functions that have thresholds applied twice ... >.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by xXxinfidelxXx

What reason would they have for lying about the colour of Mars?

I don't understand the supposed motivation for this either. What would be the point of such photo manipulation?

Anyone?

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 07:40 AM
link   

What would be the reason to lie about this? Who gains what by doing so?

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by draknoir2

I don't understand the supposed motivation for this either. What would be the point of such photo manipulation?

Anyone?

Psychological warfare.

Knowing how ignorant society is, either hoaxers seeing how many can be fooled, or a psych. evaluation of a large group done by some large corporation to give some identification of how gullible society is to be able to come up with new ways of selling products to us that we really do not need.

If the above paranoia is true Well done Equinox for helping your captors

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by InhaleExhale

Anyone?

Psychological warfare.

Knowing how ignorant society is, either hoaxers seeing how many can be fooled, or a psych. evaluation of a large group done by some large corporation to give some identification of how gullible society is to be able to come up with new ways of selling products to us that we really do not need.

I'm sorry, but that's a pretty weak answer.

One need only visit this forum ONCE to see just how gullible people can be. And there are far less expensive ways of accomplishing such a study than launching probe after probe, rover after rover, lander after lander to take hundreds of thousands of photos, only to alter every one for the purpose of deception for deceptions sake.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Well to be fair this time Equiinox is not 100% wrong but he is not right either Mars is many different colours the main one being RED as explained on a previous post.

None of us has access to real hi spec telescope (well except maybe ngchunter) it isn't all red as you can see here.

For some real nice images look here HiRise but please check the picture description because sometimes a false colour is done for a reason to highlight something.

Equiinox start to think a bit before you post YOU have not really posted anything which is your own work just links to other peoples sign of a desperate star & flag hunter!
edit on 24-1-2013 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 08:27 AM
link   
You might want to check out zorgon's thread on this topic. The true color of Mars It's well worth perusing.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Pinke

AH Keith Laney and the MARS RAT I always have a little
at that one when Keith couldn't identify the same rock from 2 different views.

That's what happens when you help people like Lear and Haoxland sorry Hoagland their lunacy rubs off onto you.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Anyone?

Psychological warfare.

I'm sorry, but that's a pretty weak answer.

One need only visit this forum ONCE to see just how gullible people can be. And there are far less expensive ways of accomplishing such a study than launching probe after probe, rover after rover, lander after lander to take hundreds of thousands of photos, only to alter every one for the purpose of deception for deceptions sake.

Sorry but I understood your question wrong then.

I mean the video created by some internet jokey to hoax the gullible, or the video being part of a larger manipulation. No expense needed to create these types of videos and place them on sites such as youtube and watch sheep gather.

Yes visiting ATS does show this, In a way what im trying to say is do these videos and websites serve a number of purposes, one being whats obvious, a place for us communicate and share thoughts, entertainment, at the same time a place where think tanks can gather how groups in society are thinking for a number of purposes. Many conspiracy sites, social network sites and youtube type sites can be used to mask a large psychological observation of society by giving us the entertainment we crave for.

I hope this makes some sense to someone

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Sorry but I understood your question wrong then.

I mean the video created by some internet jokey to hoax the gullible, or the video being part of a larger manipulation. No expense needed to create these types of videos and place them on sites such as youtube and watch sheep gather.

Yes visiting ATS does show this, In a way what im trying to say is do these videos and websites serve a number of purposes, one being whats obvious, a place for us communicate and share thoughts, entertainment, at the same time a place where think tanks can gather how groups in society are thinking for a number of purposes. Many conspiracy sites, social network sites and youtube type sites can be used to mask a large psychological observation of society by giving us the entertainment we crave for.

I hope this makes some sense to someone

Ahh. I thought the implication was that NASA was altering their released photos to some nefarious end. That is what makes no sense to me.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   
While I agree that NASA is guilty of photo manipulation, I believe these images compared in the video to be taken at a slightly different angle. To prove a point, the video should do the same with various images of Earth, which also are easy to matrix. By no means am I saying that there isn't/wasn't life on Mars, I just think some are a little eager to see what they want.

I know this because I was once guilty of seeing similar things in images. . .but that years ago.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join