It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN Jan 7th 2013: ALEX JONES on Piers Morgan Tonight

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ararisq

I don't get this whole 'lets have a reasoned debate'. You just did what Piece did last night. Ask a question, receive a response, and then ask the question again. When I ask someone a question and they give me an answer then I take that as an answer. I read what MamaJ wrote, I clicked the link, and I read the passage being referred to and I understood it.

I'm interested in hearing MamaJ explain - in her own words - what it means to be a TRUE American

If she doesn't feel like using her own words - she can pass me off to someone else and let them speak for her - which is exactly what she did

I make a point here - I wonder if you can see what it is

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Spiramirabilis

What is a TRUE American? == loaded questions for $200, ALEX!?

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Kudos to Piers Morgan for remaining level headed when faced with such a coward.

Anyone who refuses to listen, ignores other people, cannot control himself, cannot answer simple questions, cannot debate, sidesteps the subject and gets as angry as he does when he doesn't need to is a psycopath and letting him own guns is just plain stupid.

An intimidating bully who makes the whole pro gun affair seem like a childish rant and does nothing for the cause.

Same old "me me me me" Alex.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12m8keall2c

What is a TRUE American? == loaded questions for $200, ALEX!?

Ha Ha 12m8keall2c

:-)

Care to take a stab at it?

edit to add - though I'm sure I won't be quick enough - that it really is a loaded question

How many of us are actually willing to question each other's loyalty - and how far does (or will) this go?

This sort of thing has always interested me - that there are 'better' Americans
edit on 1/8/2013 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by biggilo
reply to post by John_Rodger_Cornman

I am more thinking of your run of the mill criminal, street dealer kind of guy. Over here those sort of criminals find it quite hard to get access to firearms. Because of this the weapons get passed around etc and generally aren't going to be well maintained.

International cartels and gangs will always have access to weaponry but those sort of criminals have the weapons to use against each other and law enforcement more so than me and you.

You say it yourself, International cartels and gangs will ALWAYS have access to weaponry. This is the answer to your question of where John J. Criminal will get his illegal weapons.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Well..... if YOU really want me to spell it out for you in my own words then.... look at my post above this one.

And.... know that in my opinion...

A True American would uphold/defend OUR Constitution meaning live our life as FREE PEOPLE TO BEAR ARMS, yet not place our kids on drugs because they wont sit still in class. Our kids should be FREE from being MADE to take meds.... makes them a little crazy, ya know.

A True American defends the Constitution (like I do) against ALL enemies whether they be foreign or domestic.

Our Country has NEVER needed a fix the way it needs today. Too many people buying the entertainment/show the media/government puts on for us.

I applaud Alex Jones for being angry and standing up for US, the People, even when the People are still asleep.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ
reply to post by MajorKarma

I agree..... What you said is TRUTH...

and I KNOW I am a TRUE American and sadly many are not. They are fooling them self into believing they are though.

I could care less how the "debate" went. In my eyes.... its not up for a damn debate. Period.
This above Quote , is why it is not a "loaded" question, But a Valid Question.

Im waiting to hear the response as well.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   

My point is you took a quote from me that was in agreement with another posters.... post. Had you read it, you would not question me. If you did read it, then you are trying to manipulate the question- answer bit.

Go for it. Im playing..... got a cookie?

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by biggilo
Personally I don't think Americans should give up their guns, I understand how many of you would actually NEED them never mind wanting them. This is just a debate on the internet, and personally speaking I am just interested in understanding why so many of you feel you need to be so heavily armed.

Thank you for that. I have been wanting to claw my eyes out reading this 'debate'. If you want to honestly know why I personally do then understand that it has nothing to do with self defense, it has nothing to do with hunting, and it has everything to do with the defense of liberty.

We are a Republic not as Democracy but I still hold that the following is true. In 1787, Alexander Tytler, a Scottish history professor at the University of Edinburgh, had this to say:

“A democracy is always temporary in nature; it simply cannot exist as a permanent form of government.”

“A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always vote for the candidates who promise the most benefits from the public treasury, with the result that every democracy will finally collapse due to loose fiscal policy, which is always followed by a dictatorship.”

“The average age of the world’s greatest civilizations from the beginning of history, has been about 200 years. During those 200 years, those nations always progressed through the following sequences:

1. from bondage to spiritual faith;

2. from spiritual faith to great courage;

3. from courage to liberty;

4. from liberty to abundance;

5. from abundance to complacency;

6. from complacency to apathy;

7. from apathy to dependence;

8. from dependence back into bondage”

That is the most observant truth of government ever penned. We are all one generation from bondage. So all I keep asking is just give us 100 years of government without mass-murder. If the governments of the world can go 100 years without mass-murdering and oppressing their civilians then take the guns - we don't need them. As-is we can't even go 5 years.

The next two rebuttals most gun grabbers have are (a) you can't fight your government you are too weak and (b) you are a fear-mongering paranoid, no one is going to kill you.

To answer (a) of course millions of Americans armed with AR-15 and better weapons can defeat tyranny. To suggest that we'd be better off without any ability at all is insane. To (b) just give us 100 years of no government-sponsored deaths. Start with 5.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by nerbot

Anyone who refuses to listen, ignores other people, cannot control himself, cannot answer simple questions, cannot debate, sidesteps the subject and gets as angry as he does when he doesn't need to is a psycopath and letting him own guns is just plain stupid.

An intimidating bully who makes the whole pro gun affair seem like a childish rant and does nothing for the cause.

Same old "me me me me" Alex.

I fixed it for you...

Kudos to Alex Jones for being himself when faced with such a coward.

Anyone who refuses to listen, ignores other people, cannot control himself, cannot answer simple questions, cannot debate, sidesteps the subject and gets as angry as he does when he doesn't need to is a psycopath and letting him have his own show is just plain stupid.

An intimidating bully who makes the whole anti gun affair seem like a childish rant and does nothing for the cause.

Same old "me me me me" Piers.

Now it fits every other show that he has done, besides this one...

link   
reply to post by MamaJ

Thank you much

one more thing - who are our domestic enemies?

link   

I'll steer clear of offering an actual 'definition" here, but I would venture to guess that Many would conclude a TRUE American as someone who holds patriotism and love of country in high regard ... often displaying symptoms or signs of being 'blinded' by those very same stars and stripes they seemingly hold on high. (?)

in other words, it's nothing more than a 'qualifier' ... intended solely to further divide, separate or distinguish one's self from another - A Better American.

and round and round we go, Again ... :shk:

okay. enough of that...

CNN Jan 7th 2013: ALEX JONES on Piers Morgan Tonight

???

Questions? Comments? Opinions?

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by nerbot

You clearly don't watch much Piers Morgan. You just described him to a tee.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spiramirabilis
reply to post by queenofswords

I understand where you are coming from. You want everybody to live in love and light and peace...and just get along. I, too, imagine such a world.

I imagine you may just mean this the way it sounds - but it's pure condescension

I grew up with guns - and people who know how to use them

Do not (like so many do) suppose that I and people like me look at the world through rose colored glasses - our lives, intentions - hopes and dreams - are not based on fantasy

Or lollipops and nursery rhymes

Much of the most difficult work towards a better tomorrow in this life and on this planet is being done by peaceful people - without weapons

But, that world is not here....yet. World governments and society itself are creating an atmosphere that is feeding degenerate behavior, psychopathic irresponsible people, greed for what others have, and a hunger for power and control. It is slowly tearing down the once noble foundations that built individual responsibility, moral character, and reverence for life and liberty. It is becoming a scarier world for those that love and honor those things.

These people are also fueling the weapons industry - you're playing your part. Or the part they'd have you play - depending on how you look at it

You have a narrow view. You actually think that by taking away the 2A (or even considering it), somehow all will be right in the world. Your hopes are valid, but naive and somewhat blurred. It is indeed a conundrum.

Check yourself my friend - you have no idea what I really think, want - see or understand - so don't be so fast to decide these things for me - are you really so lazy and fearful as that?

I don't demand that we repeal anything. However, any group or person that sees compromise as a declaration of war is someone we should all suspect

I didn't mean to be condescending...apologies for coming off like that!

Growing up with guns and people who know how to use them means nothing in the larger picture. So what?

You sound like you believe people that have strong support for the 2A are not interested in a better world. Poppycock! We are working just as hard toward a peaceful planet as you are. We just maintain the means to stay a step ahead....just in case there is a wolf in sheep's clothing laughing at all the naivety among the "blinded by the light" crowd.

I should have asked, "do you actually think" rather than saying "you actually think"......wrong wording :-(

BTW, I don't care if there are weapons manufacturers getting wealthy off the sale of guns. That has nothing to do with the 2A and the purpose of it.

You mention compromise. What kind of compromise are you thinking about? (Remember what the 2A is actually for before you answer.)
edit on 8-1-2013 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-1-2013 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-1-2013 by queenofswords because: correct spelling errors

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   

This sort of thing has always interested me - that there are 'better' Americans

Its not about being "better"..... its about being one.

ETA: What is your definition of domestic enemies?

edit on 8-1-2013 by MamaJ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ

My point is you took a quote from me that was in agreement with another posters.... post. Had you read it, you would not question me. If you did read it, then you are trying to manipulate the question- answer bit.

Go for it. Im playing..... got a cookie?

Not so fast Ms. J - you were the one that put TRUE in all caps

Your spin - your thoughts - your heart and mind. I was interested

Still playing?

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

uh - huh :-)

And so, who is not...one?

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by ararisq

You clearly don't watch much Piers Morgan. You just described him to a tee.
Ill bite.
Last night was the 2nd time Ive watched Him, the other had Jesse V on.

I think Piers is a Disgusting Vile waste of Air Maggot. Doesnt matter though what I , or you think.

The Show last night was Performed for John Q Public, and his Missus sitting next to Him.

Alex did the Gun Lobby a huge Dis-service, accept it, or continue to stick your head in the Sand.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   

reply to post by MamaJ

Thank you much

one more thing - who are our domestic enemies?

Spiramirabilis can you just start a whole new thread and tell us all what you believe and why none of us deserve the right to self-defense, why we have nothing to fear from anyone, and how an actual real world plan would work to fully disarm the whole world and put in protections such that humans would have nothing to fear? I'm waiting for this because no one on your side of the argument has EVER been able to put that in to words. They can demonize gun-owners, they can cite statistics, they can show photos of select victims (not those killed by government obviously) but beyond that - nothing. So instead of spending 10 pages baiting people like Morgan tried last night with his prepared infographics and follow up speakers - why not take the offensive and give us gun owners something that WE can agree to and have hope for. You prove to me we have nothing to fear and no reason to own firearms then we'll give 'em up.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   

reply to post by MamaJ

uh - huh :-)

And so, who is not...one?

PIERS MORGAN
PIERS MORGAN
PIERS MORGAN
PIERS MORGAN

new topics

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join