It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN Jan 7th 2013: ALEX JONES on Piers Morgan Tonight

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 08:15 AM
link   
The man is a lunatic. Is a disservice to conspiracy theories, and should be taking some of those pills hes yelling about it seems. Everything he said could be right for all I know. He certainly was given a forum and a softball question on 9/11 and it was like it was too easy for Jones and he didnt know how to handle it.

He was given a chance to tell the world some of the things we believe and know and he blew it. Alex Jones discredited all of us on this interview. We should all be ashamed. 

Mocking a British accent? Why? To act like you're 10 years old?
edit on 8-1-2013 by bknapple32 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by GarrusVasNormandy

Alex Jones is an idiot, but he is even more of an idiot if he thinks he can get what he wants with that pathetic petition regarding Piers.

Morgan is facing charges in the UK. Because of this he should be deported immediately.

1- Piers Morgan is a professional journalists that has his own show on CNN;

Big deal Glenn Beck had his own show on FOX. I would have to question if you have ever seen a real journalist. Just about anyone can have their own show if they kiss the right butt.

What statistics? Piers was actually making good questions, and if the examples provided - like the gun-homicide rate in the UK - were bad, then Alex Jones has the task of answering and refuting those.

Comparing gun-homicide rates between a country that has the right to bare arms with a nation that doesn't have that right is truly ignorant. Alex refuted them easily you could tell that by how Morgan kept trying to change the subject when Alex was showing how the UK has more violent crime than America.

He got owned because Piers didn't lowered his interview standards despite the yelling, and mockery and complete lack of respect shown by AJ.

Any man that doesn't have the courage to face the charges against him like Morgan is a coward and deserves no respect from anyone. In your eyes what has he done to deserve any respect?

The cherry on top for me was the final, constant, mentioning of his website, which I will refrain from saying because I want my fingers clean.

You mean PrisonPlanet.com ?

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

If he actually bothered to take a breath between sentences then he could have made a decent point about Big Pharma. Maybe the TSA took his blood pressure pills off of him before he got there though hey?.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phantasm
Keep in mind that CNN gets horrible viewer ratings as is. Piers' show averages around 590,000 viewers a night on a good night. There's 350 million people in the U.S. so obviously most of America will never even see last night's debate.

Thank God!

The Jones / Morgan segment is getting a lot of media attention, the video is likely to go viral and both sides of the debate will use it to promote their point of view.

I posted my thoughts on the segments shortly after it aired and focused on both the verbal and non-verbal communications that impacted Jones' effectiveness (or lack-thereof) and highlighted that Jones would have been more effective if he had used this stage to educate the vast majority of viewers who are not "in the loop" or as knowledgeable about these issues as those of us who read ATS or listen to Jones might be. He had an opportunity to advance this idea of waking people up that he is allegedly passionate about and instead he used this platform to talk to those already awake or at least aware of the waking people up concept. In doing so he not only failed to capture/educate a new audience and advance his alleged mission, he also has many of his loyal listeners questioning their loyalty...

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ
I could give a rats arse what kind of statistics were thrown around. I mean.... statistics are manipulated... good god people, come on already.

Get on the bandwagon!!!!! Otherwise you will be unarmed, on meds, and severely taken down some notches whereas you have no ability to fight when they come to take you away!

The second amendment is on trial. We are the Nation. We, the People, are... not the rich elite. WE ARE ANGRY and Alex does a great job of getting to the root and focusing on the root problem which is Psychiatric Meds! Guns are not the issue. Its that simple. The media likes to spin the real issue into something that goes against our constitution. This is a government owned and backed media. What do you expect?

Big Pharma cannot be the focus... oh no.... the guns are the focus. Why? They want us drugged up and unarmed. If this is what you want then thats on you but for many of us.... WE WANT TO BE ARMED because of all the damn crazies on meds. Kids today are on meds and play video games all day and every day. Their reality is an illusion and they have no sense of family whatsoever.

After Alex was detained before going on the show... maybe he was a little riled up. Maybe he is sick of being the focus, however he continues to be the voice. He has a passionate voice and gets the points made he feels is necessary to wake more people up. We have NO IDEA what he goes through on a day to day basis. We are sitting behind a computer.... lol..... talking shi*& about the one man who is standing up for our rights.

He is crazy alright.... crazy over his rights and the peoples rights.

Ah, MamaJ, the voice of reason!

It seems to me the one commonality many of the recent serial killers have had, is that they have been on some kind of meds, be it anti-psychotics or anti depressants.

Yet that is not the topic in the MSM.

Put it together people - the PTB, cartel, secret government, oligarchy - whatever exists. They would like you sick and/or depressed/anxious/psychotic and unarmed, but do not want you healthy, armed, and thinking for yourselves.

If you doubt the existence of the secret government, just read "The Rise of the Fourth Reich" by Jim Marrs, an ATS contributor.

Oh, by the way, they would like to keep you divided and distracted as well. What do you think religion and TV are really about?

edit on 8-1-2013 by PlanetXisHERE because: epiphany

edit on 8-1-2013 by PlanetXisHERE because: grammar, syntax and context

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 08:19 AM
link   
When Alex started doing that accent I lost it. He just kept going hahaha.
He didn't come off as poorly as I expected.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jack Squat
When Alex started doing that accent I lost it. He just kept going hahaha.
He didn't come off as poorly as I expected.

I agree.

He actually came across far far worse than i expected. And lets be honest here, it isn't difficult to come across well when your opponent is Piers Morgan.........and yet he blew it in spectacular fashion.

It was quite fascinating viewing though. Not often you see someone acting like a spoiled 5 year old during a debate.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Reading everyone's posts it sounds like a lot of folks seems to think:
Alex Jones represents pro-gun rights the same way Larry Craig represents good public bathroom etiquette...

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Jack Squat

That was the only thing that put me off Alex Jones. Alex has to understand he has a large world audiance from many English speaking countries like the UK, Australia and NZ. We all have our own accent. I was actually offended by Alex for that. However, he pumped in as much as he could for the short time he had....and remember what Alex mentioned, Piers and the phone hacking scandal.

I don't believe it's up to a foreign journalist or citizen of another nation to interfer with another nation's gun rights. Thats up to the American population to decide how they want to play this. Piers should butt out.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

Must admit that was the worst British accent I have ever heard and It didn't help him in any way at all.
I think it may become a funny meme.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by bknapple32
The man is a lunatic. Is a disservice to conspiracy theories, and should be taking some of those pills hes yelling about it seems. Everything he said could be right for all I know. He certainly was given a forum and a softball question on 9/11 and it was like it was too easy for Jones and he didnt know how to handle it.

He was given a chance to tell the world some of the things we believe and know and he blew it. Alex Jones discredited all of us on this interview. We should all be ashamed. 

I really hate it when people tell me what I should and shouldn't be. I'm only ashamed of some of the lame tactics used by some posters on this site.

Alex Jones has his pro's and con's, like everyone, good days and bad days. I wouldn't judge him as I don't know what he has gone through or is going through, and it is easy to be an armchair quarterback.

Since we know the secret government exists, I respect him for getting some truths out (even though I may not agree with all he says), for he must have been intimidated/threatened at some point.

How many people has he woken up to the fact that the world is not how it should be? Personally, I think raising consciousness is a worthy life goal and if you can even wake up one person apart from yourself that is worthy of respect, and a much more meaningful role than most profit/greed motivated positions.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
reply to post by bluemirage5

Must admit that was the worst British accent I have ever heard and It didn't help him in any way at all.
I think it may become a funny meme.

If there isn't already a Hilter AJ rant parody I'll eat my hat.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Suspiria

In playing the full audio of and discussing the Jones/Morgan appearance, Opie & Anthony did mention that Jones and that other fella you mentioned have the exact same haircut...

Also, in listening to the audio-only version on Opie & Anthony this morning, I found that with no visual element Jones came across better (at least to me). As I mentioned earlier, Morgan's producers were quite brilliant in the way that they alerted their usual interview set to accentuate Jones' mannerisms. [For reference, Morgan and the interviewee are almost always separated by a few feet by the glass desk-like structure they are seated at] Positioning them on stools, situated close together with no desk separating the two men highlighted Jones' typical physical mannerisms; that combined with his usually effective voice tone & pitch alterations (which work quite effectively on a medium like radio) sent a clear impression that even a non English speaker would get watching and listening : the impression that Jones is an unstable aggressive bully.

I guess what they say about the very different impressions people had of the Kennedy / Nixon debate depending on if they watched it on TV or listened to it on the radio still holds water over 50 years later.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by PlanetXisHERE

Where am I telling anyone what to do... We should all be ashamed is kinda a saying and not to be taken so literally like I'm demanding it. Thought that was pretty clear.

As for Jones, the only waking up he did was scaring the folks who use Morgans show to catch a quick nap.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by bknapple32Thought that was pretty clear.

Nothing is clear on ATS.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by NickDC202

If I close my eyes AJ still comes across as an hysterical rectum having a really bad debate with a spunkbubble.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I watched the video and yes AJ gets a umm how would you say rambunctious?? I cannot stand Piers Morgan!! AJ gave HIM the emotional response that PM usually gives HIS Guests. How ironic....don't you think?

Yes AJ has been high strung, but I probably would be too if I was seated next to Piers Morgan....Yuck no thanks. I am not a PRO AJ either, but sometimes what he says has merit.

Protection FROM Tyranny is what our 2nd amendment is all about. Period......

And the government gangs have been trying to figure out a way to take our rights away one chip at a time....

I have said this before and I will say it again... I live out in the country, how long would it take to get ANY help from an armed robber?

Sorry, do not stand between a mother or father protecting their children! I would blow someone away if I THOUGHT they were there to hurt me or mine...Even my children are educated enough to show the utmost respect for weapons! Its all about education. They are not allowed to even play with toy guns. Because guns are not toys. They are meant for hunting game or protection.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Just think for those out there who have no idea about any of this... They were put off from free thought. The status quo won that night. And that's sad. It won by such a blow out, if it were sports I'd say the fix was in and Jones was on Morgans payroll making him look like cool calm collected genius.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I bet Alex Jones was thinking this last night:

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Telos
On the side note, I liked Jesse Ventura comment on the matter:

Alex used every second wisely, instead of deflecting lies and disinfo for 3 segments, he chose to not play by Piers' rules & got as much info out as possible. They had him thrown out of the building before a promised third segment.

"I don't think the mainstream media sheeple have ever seen or heard anything like this."

That sums it up

That is exactly what I said as well. He could spend 10 minutes answering 1st grader questions to shape opinion. I'll do it for him:

How many gun deaths are in America each year?

IRRELEVANT PIERCE

How many gun deaths in the UK?

IRRELEVANT PIERCE

What gun was used in Aurora?

IRRELEVANT PIERCE

What gun was used in the Oregon shootings?

IRRELEVANT PIERCE

What gun was used in the Newtown shootings?

IRRELEVANT PIERCE

Why do Americans need "assault weapons"?

That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.

There could be 100 Newtown and Aurora shootings and it would not change this fact. 100*100 dead is a drop in the bucket to what a tyrannical government is capable of. The Soviet Union to purge the nation of liberty minded individuals massacred hundreds of thousands each year including children.

THIS IS WHY WE NEED GUNS
VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV
Archbishop Andronnikov of Perm had his eyes poked out and his ears and nose cut off. There were Chekists who cut open their victim's stomach, pulled out a length of small intestine, nailed it to a telegraph pole, and with a whip forced the victim to run circles around the pole until the whole intestine became unraveled.

Does anyone have the guts to tell me that no one with that level of cruelty exists in the United States? That given power an authority to torment and kill that we do not have tens of thousands of sick individuals in this country to carry the above out and probably far worse?

You are one generation from losing your freedom. To you people in Europe: When the United States falls or we lose our right to defend ourselves is when an evil regime will rise. When that happens you are going to be slaughtered in the hundreds of millions because there will be no one to protect you. You don't need guns (if your white) to protect yourselves from your government - our presence does it for you. We won't let you be slaughtered and they know it. Take us out of the picture and those progressives worried about your health care will be more worried about the CO2 released from your lungs.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join