It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CIVIL WAR: Senate To Go For Handguns

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Katrina, gang members or home invasion those are three examples.

There are not enough Law Enforcement nor Military to enforce a ban such as the one proposed. They will never get all the ammo, magazines or weapons. Never.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by ausername

Oh so so very wrong. You can pick any two states in the country, if you had just the people with hunting licenses from two states decide to strike out, you would have a one million man army. The government can't very well use their technology against civilians either. Imagine fighting an assymetrical war against a one million man army where you couldn't afford ANY reports of collatoral damage.

Do you want to go with fantasy or reality?

I already said this:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Everyone willing to confront your government NOW stand up and be counted.

Of course, on the internet, everyone is ready to fight and die, but in the real world how many would actually do it?

Good luck!

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by notquitesure
To the poster saying that this new proposed law is the same as the law from 1994...did that law include a provision to register everyone's guns?

If that is the case, I was not aware. Can someone enlighten?

To throw in my 2 cents...this will not pass as is, but something incremental will. Also, TPTB probably have more interest in increasing tax revenue than anything else. Honest gun owners will find their lives more expensive. Criminals will do what they do.

You must remember these people in D.C. are lawyers. They are used to going after the max allowed and then settling for the original goal or slightly more.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowMaster
reply to post by boymonkey74

Katrina, gang members or home invasion those are three examples.

There are not enough Law Enforcement nor Military to enforce a ban such as the one proposed. They will never get all the ammo, magazines or weapons. Never.

WE can and will give them a large portion of our ammo supplies if they attempt to take our weapons. I really just don't think they will like the way the transfer of ownership will take place, if you catch my drift wink, wink..nudge, nudge.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by samhouston1886

And you wonder why gun owners freak out when people like you try and destroy our rights?

How about my rights, and the rights of others including children? The right to live in a world that is a little bit safer, and not to be peppered with an automatic or semi-auto with a large clip, just because some idiot is having a bad day.

I am a gun owner. I was in the military. I have my experts in a .38 and .45, which are still extremely lethal weapons and are definitely all that you need in your house, to protect yourself and family in the spirit of the right to bear arms in this country if you choose to own them. When not at the shooting range, they are locked up and have trigger locks installed as well. How many of these weapons out there are protected like that? I will bet not many. It is called responsibility.

These new restrictions on assault grade weapons are a long time coming. It is not going to solve all of the problems, but it will make them harder to get, and will also make 'legal' guns harder to get as well, which is a good thing. There is absolutely no good reason for the general public to own an assault class weapon, period. I support 100% making them illegal to own and this legislation can not happen fast enough to satisfy me.

edit on 27-12-2012 by charlyv because: (no reason given)

+8 more 
posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by charlyv

How about my rights, and the rights of others including children? The right to live in a world that is a little bit safer, and not to be peppered with an automatic or semi-auto with a large clip, just because some idiot is having a bad day.

I am a gun owner. I was in the military.

I was in the military too, and from what you just said, you are not my brother/sister! You joined the military for monetary reasons and you failed to understand your OATH to the Constitution of the United States of America!! You should be ashamed of yourself!!!!

Honor your Oath!!!!! Your a disgrace to those of us who do still honor our Oath!
edit on 27-12-2012 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by charlyv

And you wonder why gun owners freak out when people like you try and destroy our rights?

I am a gun owner. I was in the military. I have my experts in a .38 and .45, which are still extremely lethal weapons and are definitely all that you need in your house, to protect yourself and family in the spirit of the right to bear arms in this country if you choose to own them. When not at the shooting range, they are locked up and have trigger locks installed as well. How many of these weapons out there are protected like that? I will bet not many. It is called responsibility.

These new restrictions on assault grade weapons are a long time coming. It is not going to solve all of the problems, but it will make them harder to get, and will also make 'legal' guns harder to get as well, which is a good thing. There is absolutely no good reason for the general public to own an assault class weapon, period. I support 100% making them illegal to own and this legislation can not happen fast enough to satisfy me.

So you are saying that you are confident that you can protect your family with what you have now against whatever weapon the U.N. has? Is that what I should take away from your statement?

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
We should all arm ourselves will L RADS and Hi voltage lasers, then see what the outcome is

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Well if trained police officers need over 100 rounds to take down one criminal a novice defending his life may need more than ten rounds especially in a fire fight.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74I have an interest in the USA because my son lives in NYC and is an American THATS why I care.

Then you should sleep well at night knowing that the city in which he resides has some of the most restrictive gun laws in the US. However, you also know that the city has one of the highest violent crime rates in the US.

I don't think they are working...

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

This ban has been planned for along time now, all they needed was a good tragedy to mis report and mis represent to get the average American to ASK them to do it. If you wan't somebody to blame, Id start with the media followed very closely by the idiots that believe one word of it.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by charlyv

My father, a retired career army officer, shares your sentiments as well - that civilians should not own assault weapons - only police and military. I wonder what per cent of current and retired military favor civilian ownership of "assault styled" rifles?

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Where we live you don't have to register any guns and can have as many as you want. I have several. Also you can open carry an un-registered handgun on your hip. except Banks School grounds, government offices and bars. As long as they don't have a sign on the window stating no Open Carry you can carry.
Wal-Mart had a sign once, but when someone got robbed and almost raped they took the sign down.
Several of my friends Open Cary and now after what I see as the crazy closet being opened I too Carry. HAve 3 clips 10 rnds each. So I got 30 chances at anyone who does any crazy #.
So, I was in Wally World and a big red neck walked past me and told me I needed a haircut and he was gonna do it. So, Iturned towards him put my hand on my hip and he ran away. What a chicken piece of grap.
From now on "Have Gun Will Travel".
I may be a minister but I will protect the weak and innocent. They can take my life cause I got PAradise anyway for being right to stop EVIL.
But actually my wife thinks me nuts when I say that I feel it is a conspiracy cause the M.O. is almost the same with these killings. Assualt Weapons and 9mm handguns dressed in black with armor and 100 rnd mags. To many circumstances where this is the case.
Instill F>E>A>R and now people are turning guns in.
WHy even yesterday I saw where L.A. Police had a gun turn in for food cards and on the table was shoulder launched surface to air missle.
How did that get Off BAse? How? When I was on base you wheren't allowed to have any weapons with live ammo removed much less a Missle.
What's Up with that?

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by ausername

There may have been a time when there could have been a civil war in this country, but in reality the American people with all of their firepower could not revolt and overthrow a "tyrannical government" when the overwhelming powers they have could quickly crush ANY armed revolution. more than a 100 years ago, maybe, but impossible now.

Defectors.

US Military defectors, Corporate defectors and everyone in between. Levels the playing field right up.

It is ENTIRELY possible to overthrow any TYRANNICAL government but your pussywhipped mantra limits your ability to see victory and perhaps you even enjoy living in this Dystopian world with such an outlook.

Impossible. HAHAHA, god. This thing is just getting started..

edit on 27-12-2012 by yourmaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker

Defectors.

US Military defectors, Corporate defectors and everyone in between. Levels the playing field right up.

It is ENTIRELY possible to overthrow any TYRANNICAL government but your pussywhipped mantra limits your ability to see victory and perhaps you even enjoy living in this Dystopian world with such an outlook.

No, it is just accepting reality for what it is, there isn't going to be any civil war in this country, there wont be any "defectors" and when the time comes it will be every man for himself.

What is the point in fighting for a doomed and sinking ship?

You may not realize it yet, but America is already defeated. Sooner or later that reality will be unavoidable and inescapable...

Enjoy oblivion while it lasts.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by ausername
there wont be any "defectors" and when the time comes it will be every man for himself.

What is the point in fighting for a doomed and sinking ship?

"you acquiesce to defeat before you even begin."

This has happened throughout history more times then you can imagine. There is ALWAYS defectors!

I don't believe in every man for himself. It's not possible in the sense I believe you are describing for the same reason some people pull over to the side of the road when someone's tire is flat

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Highly doubtful this would pass, and if it does, it would likely lead to more widespread legalization of guns in the Supreme Court. Much the way anti-gay-marriage laws have resulted in courts making gay marriage legal, and the concealed carry ban in ILlinois was converted by the state supreme court into full-fledged concealed carry allowed, I believe a ban which goes "too far", if it ever passed, could backfire much the same way.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by charlyv

I am flat out going to call you a liar.

it only takes a fraction of a second to change a magazine, if you were in the Military you should know this.

Making innocent gun owners into felons to make you feel better is sick thought, I wouldn't trust you to water my lawn.

All you are trying to do is give criminals, thugs and other scum the upper hand, in fact I blame people like you for these deaths, they are largely in gun free zones and in states that have disarmed people.

You want someone to blame? Look in the mirror.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by CosmicCitizen

I do,

Line 2

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Remember what Mark Twain said "History does not repeat itself but it rhymes."

Read this article and think. www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join