It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homosexuality In Teens Becoming More Common?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 11:02 PM
link   
No, you arent mistaken. It does say that in the Bible, whether you want to believe it is up to you. Thats what I was trying to say. That I dont believe it.

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thinker
If homosexuality was ok then murderer and rape would be ok.

Well, frankly being homosexual (like my daughter is) doesn't mean the person goes out and commits violent assaults like rape and murder and spousal abuse and battery. Her being homosexual is no worse than my being completely heterosexual.

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 12:13 AM
link   
OK, there's been a lot of talk and speculation here, so this is the bottom line for those that are interested.

Between 1 in 10-12 people are either gay or bisexual. Aprox 1 in 12-15 are strictly gay. So that means out of every ten people you pass on the street, or work with, or just know, one is probably gay or bi and is either open about it or closeted.

As far as the number of gay people increasing, in actuality they are not increasing. They are exactly the same percentage-wise as they were 100 years ago. But, the number of people who are coming out is increasing. So those that would have been in the closet a few years ago are now coming out.

But the total number of gay people is the same.

Hope that answers that.

IBM

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 12:21 AM
link   
It is because more and more kids are making the wrong CHOICES, and they are not afraid to stand up for their MISTAKES.

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by IBM
It is because more and more kids are making the wrong CHOICES, and they are not afraid to stand up for their MISTAKES.

It's not a choice, it's a way of being born.
As for gay people having relationships with the opposite sex, maybe they're just doing it as a cover up?
As for gay people having emotional problems, maybe they are the result of them being born gay and being rejected/different from the rest?
Being gay is the biggest reason for suicide among youth.

It's almost hilarious that you use the term choices and mistakes IBM.

"black people made the wrong choice, so they became black. It's their own mistake"

How does that sound?

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Don't people read links?

I posted a scientifically proven reason why this could be so and no comments?

Has anyone heard of "endocrine disruptors"?

If you are interested in finding an answer to the original question posted by the OP then I suggest you do some research into endocrine disruptors.

As usual, the Pharma's are to blame!

Food for thought:

www.guardian.co.uk...

www.google.com.au...

[edit on 27-10-2004 by astoreth]

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wyzewun
in reply to another poster who seemed confident that I was mistaken about people having lived for hundreds of years, which I found surprising since a number of his posts indicate he's somewhat prolific in religous/biblical facts.

Hmm, what to call that. It's true it's a 'biblical fact' that the Bible says that humans lived hundreds of years a long time ago, but that doesn't mean it a fact of reality, because it ain't
It's just one of the numerous lies in the Bible that science has since proven to be quite wrong.

You really think that humans lived thousands of years, simply because the Bible says it's true?

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 11:21 AM
link   
jupiter869 pretty much summed it up correctly.

Originally posted by Jakko
As for gay people having relationships with the opposite sex, maybe they're just doing it as a cover up?

Yep. I've only had relationships with females in my life (I stopped that after about 10th grade though), that doesn't mean I'm heterosexual. That just means I was doing what I was 'supposed to do' back then, when it was easier to live a lie rather than be open and honest about my sexuality. If I would be considered a wishy-washy gay type because of those relationships, I'm not sure what to say, since that couldn't be farther from the truth

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by astoreth
Don't people read links?

I posted a scientifically proven reason why this could be so and no comments?

Has anyone heard of "endocrine disruptors"?

If you are interested in finding an answer to the original question posted by the OP then I suggest you do some research into endocrine disruptors.

As usual, the Pharma's are to blame!

Food for thought:

www.guardian.co.uk...

www.google.com.au...

[edit on 27-10-2004 by astoreth]

I read them, and found them very interesting.
It confirms my ideas about gay people being born this way, being result of drugs. It's quite naiv to say drugs and an overdose hormons will have no influence at all on pregnances and the way a baby develops before it's born.

IBM

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by IBM

It's not a choice, it's a way of being born.
As for gay people having emotional problems, maybe they are the result of them being born gay and being rejected/different from the rest?
Being gay is the biggest reason for suicide among youth.

It's almost hilarious that you use the term choices and mistakes IBM.

"black people made the wrong choice, so they became black. It's their own mistake"

How does that sound?

Do you have scientific proof that will dispute my statement? If you somehow force a gay male and a gay female to mate will their children be gay? NO. BECAUSE IT IS NOT GENETIC. There is no proof that they are born that way. Kids are just exploring and making wrong decisions. Your analogy with black people is incorrect, because being black is genetic, where as being gay is not. Its so hilarious people still think that you are born gay.

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 02:51 AM
link   
IBM. I dont think its quite genetic either. But I gotta ask you. Do you REALLY think they conciously choose to be gay? Do you conciously choose to be straight? Do you think people conciously choose to have multiple personality disorder? I think not, its just something that happens, and they have about as much control over being gay as you do being straight.

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by IBM
Do you have scientific proof that will dispute my statement? If you somehow force a gay male and a gay female to mate will their children be gay? NO. BECAUSE IT IS NOT GENETIC. There is no proof that they are born that way. Kids are just exploring and making wrong decisions. Your analogy with black people is incorrect, because being black is genetic, where as being gay is not. Its so hilarious people still think that you are born gay.

Nope I have no scientific proof.
I have eyes on my head though.
I did not say it has to be something genetic, but I am quite sure gay people are born gay.

Kids are not exploring or making wrong decisions, being gay has absolutely nothing to do with that.
Little kids experimenting on young ages is actually quite common, and it has nothing to do with becoming gay or not.

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by IBM
[Do you have scientific proof that will dispute my statement? If you somehow force a gay male and a gay female to mate will their children be gay? NO. BECAUSE IT IS NOT GENETIC. There is no proof that they are born that way. Kids are just exploring and making wrong decisions. Your analogy with black people is incorrect, because being black is genetic, where as being gay is not. Its so hilarious people still think that you are born gay.

Come on....what is the line between gay, bi-sexual or just have a little fun with a person from the same sex...I like woman, they r cute soft and sexy...so I'm like totally freak for that?!!!! People in our years (2000...) like to have experiences, that's it...
Maybe for girls, it's more obvious....girls now are so sexy that no one can resist them, even girls!!

hahaha, interesting subject u got!
Ameliaxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by IBM

If you somehow force a gay male and a gay female to mate will their children be gay? NO. BECAUSE IT IS NOT GENETIC.

You can breed two blondes and their kid can be black haired so whats your point?

I guess hair color is a choice also?

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by IBM

The Gay Gene

Studies and research

Hell, animals do it.

And lastly it is a genetic predeposition but that still yet makes it genetic in nature.

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Lol, yeah thos fagets are everywhere!!!!!

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Not me I love the ladies! I'm a breast man!

IBM

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amelia

Originally posted by IBM
[Do you have scientific proof that will dispute my statement? If you somehow force a gay male and a gay female to mate will their children be gay? NO. BECAUSE IT IS NOT GENETIC. There is no proof that they are born that way. Kids are just exploring and making wrong decisions. Your analogy with black people is incorrect, because being black is genetic, where as being gay is not. Its so hilarious people still think that you are born gay.

Come on....what is the line between gay, bi-sexual or just have a little fun with a person from the same sex...I like woman, they r cute soft and sexy...so I'm like totally freak for that?!!!! People in our years (2000...) like to have experiences, that's it...
Maybe for girls, it's more obvious....girls now are so sexy that no one can resist them, even girls!!

hahaha, interesting subject u got!
Ameliaxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I like women too because they are soft also and many other things. No matter that you think I would never get the idea of fun with another man. Yes I believe you have been experimenting which you admit to. Beauty is relative, people 100 years ago might not find women or men of today attractive, same as we might not find them attractive. Yea i love women, and it seems to you that the guys might be getting uglier LOL. Now that woman in your avatar can make my day anytime.

Originally posted by IBM

Nope I have no scientific proof.
I have eyes on my head though.
I did not say it has to be something genetic, but I am quite sure gay people are born gay.

Kids are not exploring or making wrong decisions, being gay has absolutely nothing to do with that.
Little kids experimenting on young ages is actually quite common, and it has nothing to do with becoming gay or not.

What makes you "sure" that people are born gay? A hunch. Yep thats right a wild guess, which it is. It is not even an educated guess. Nature has prescribed sexual selection for the purpose of advancing a species. One of the reasons I believe that nature made sex pleasurable is to make people do it. Hence a species will procreate. Nature has no gain for homosexual beings expect that it is an anomaly that comes and goes.

Originally posted by socrepLT

Originally posted by IBM

The Gay Gene

Studies and research

Hell, animals do it.

And lastly it is a genetic predeposition but that still yet makes it genetic in nature.

Sexual reproduction is in evolutions interest for higher level organisms. If you were born gay would God have you born sinful, a baby is the most innnocent sinless (is that a real word?) thing there is. God would not have you be born gay.Simple and plain, as baby you must be born free of sin.

Some of you may have noticed I am reposting things from my old ID TACHYON on different threads, so please if you have any questions just do a search

[edit on 28-10-2004 by IBM]

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by IBM
Sexual reproduction is in evolutions interest for higher level organisms. If you were born gay would God have you born sinful, a baby is the most innnocent sinless (is that a real word?) thing there is. God would not have you be born gay.Simple and plain, as baby you must be born free of sin.

So is that why people still get diabetes and cancer? Those are genetic predispositions as well but for some reason evolution hasn't "canceled them out." Problem is evolution cannot because such things as homosexuality are recessive genes. Any person could have them but that dose not mean they are active or are going to be active. The trait is passed on to subsequent generations who all hold the gene but as always it may never be acted upon. For example you or I might have the gene right now yet not know it, the only way to figure out right now if you do have it is waking up one day and finding the irresistible urge to screw another man.

Secondly what god?

[edit on 113131p://444 by socrepLT]

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by IBM
Nature has prescribed sexual selection for the purpose of advancing a species.

Don't ask for evidence, then go on to not even read the links people posted for you.

Here, I'll give you an exact quote so you can't just brush it off like you did the links that one guy posted:

Referring to homosexual activities found in animal species: ""They're engaging in the behavior because it's gratifying sexually or it's sexually pleasurable," he says. "They just like it. It doesn't have any sort of adaptive payoff."

So I guess you shouldn't proclaim to know what nature wants, eh Tachyon?

God would not have you be born gay.Simple and plain, as baby you must be born free of sin.

Yeah, if you buy into Christianity, which most of this world does not.

I think it's obvious you have no clue to the workings of things, Tachyon, so don't claim that you do. And ESPECIALLY don't criticize other people for thinking they have all the answers, when you yourself are no different.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join