It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homosexuality In Teens Becoming More Common?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by W_HAMILTON

Originally posted by IBM
God would not have you be born gay.Simple and plain, as baby you must be born free of sin.

Yeah, if you buy into Christianity, which most of this world does not.

Oh man, some will never ever learn...
How long will it take untill:
1. Some christians get this ridiculous idea out of their heads.
2. Some non-christians stop thinking EVERY Christian thinks like this.

Earth is not paradise, and untill Jesus returns to come and get us all, there WILL be "undeserved suffering" in this world, and yes babys can be born with certain flaws and differences from "normal" human beings.

Being born gay is no sin in any way, not even if you look at it in the most conservative way possible.
Acting on your desires may or may not be a sin, but wether or not this is the case, gay people are born gay, and therefore can not be judged on what they are.

IBM is ignoring the thoughts, theories, experiments and assumptions of experts and scientists in this area, and it is obviously his intention to stay ignorant, no matter what links or reasoning you confront him with.

I am a christian and I think it's a shame for christianity that some people like IBM use "my religion" as a basis of their flawed logic.
Fortunately God understands this problem better than any of us here do, and in the end His judgement will be righteous and will be expressing His love for us.

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 04:24 AM
link   
It's sad to see so much people close minded here.

First thing first.

If gay's people are born like that, or not, it's not relevante.

Somehow I think it's something in the midle, you have pople born
that way, and people who become gay's.

It's like have somebody BORN ready to RUN really fast, but never really
do any sport stuff, and guy who actually practice each day to make same
results.

Anyway it's not relevante.

People have a choice.

Gay issue will be solved that day when we are not goin to talk about it any more.

Like black people & white people issue. 50 year's ago everything was a mess, today we have black-white relations, and they have mix kids, and everything is just fine with that.

When same thing happen with gay issue, it will be finaly done.

But till then, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE people dont close your mind on this issue, just becouse you are not gay or whatever it's not BAD to be one.

I am not a gay, but I know many gays, and my girl is very BI (lucky me he he), and trust me they are just normal people as you and me, no less good or bad.

But even so, if you are so close minded and you can't get over any this, just remember if you have kids, chance is that they are fare more open then you are, and with time tolerance to gay issue will grow more and more, untile one day we will not even need such a subject in some forum on internet, somewhere.

I dont know, maybe in future we will talk alien-human relations - and related
who knows....

But untile then, tolerance and open mind is key for all of us.

To Amelia: go girl

I.

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 05:18 AM
link   
You people must understand wrong action and right action.

Lets say a female human goes into doggie type position and her pet K9 see's this and decides to mount her. He consents by the dog's action and the women consents because she takes it. You people watch beastality video and u will see that animals can consent.

So that is wrong by the governments and is banned in most western country's. Why ? because peopel think it's wrong!.

What about if someone wants to be killed then raped? what if they consented before they died?

There was a guy that wanted to be killed in germany and eaten he consented. The other guy got a few years jail for murder.

As you can see the LAW falls over it's self. If something is immoral and has a little support the government allows it. If it has not much support, it not allowed on the grounds of immorality. But they forgot that homosexuality was immoral too.

This system of liberation/freedom as they call it is not working.

Homosexuality/lesbianism is clearly a wrong action.

perfection = man and women

imperfection = man and man, women and women, beast and women.

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Your lame tolrence "brain washes the youth into trends that lead commit immoral acts".

You people think about it, if bisexuality was banned. And all women watched on tv was man and women. Do you really think women will be bisexuals?

Now what if you had shows, of women and bisexuality. You will have women going i wonder what it would be like to sleep with a women. Then they end up trying it. Then become disgraced by such a action.

Who is to blame the women? or the media for her commiting that action?

It's just like propaganda there to fool the public and controling their minds.

denouce bisexuality/homosexuality!

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jakko

Originally posted by W_HAMILTON

Originally posted by IBM
God would not have you be born gay.Simple and plain, as baby you must be born free of sin.

Yeah, if you buy into Christianity, which most of this world does not.

Oh man, some will never ever learn...
How long will it take untill:
1. Some christians get this ridiculous idea out of their heads.
2. Some non-christians stop thinking EVERY Christian thinks like this.

Earth is not paradise, and untill Jesus returns to come and get us all, there WILL be "undeserved suffering" in this world, and yes babys can be born with certain flaws and differences from "normal" human beings.

Being born gay is no sin in any way, not even if you look at it in the most conservative way possible.
Acting on your desires may or may not be a sin, but wether or not this is the case, gay people are born gay, and therefore can not be judged on what they are.

IBM is ignoring the thoughts, theories, experiments and assumptions of experts and scientists in this area, and it is obviously his intention to stay ignorant, no matter what links or reasoning you confront him with.

I am a christian and I think it's a shame for christianity that some people like IBM use "my religion" as a basis of their flawed logic.
Fortunately God understands this problem better than any of us here do, and in the end His judgement will be righteous and will be expressing His love for us.

Look into the design of the human body and u will find that is was not made to be decaptited, shot, anally mounted, injected with drugs or for smoking.

Then you will understand that GOD was not for homosexuality.

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thinker
Your lame tolrence "brain washes the youth into trends that lead commit immoral acts".

You people think about it, if bisexuality was banned. And all women watched on tv was man and women. Do you really think women will be bisexuals?

Now what if you had shows, of women and bisexuality. You will have women going i wonder what it would be like to sleep with a women. Then they end up trying it. Then become disgraced by such a action.

So it's all propaganda?

How the hell people discover the mastrubation then? did they watch it on TV? Or read it in Internet?

Ofcourse TV or any other media will hellp regarding any idea. Good or BAD, but if you think to BAD that type of things totaly, that would be just plain wrong.

Who will play GOD any make a call what stuff can or cant be on TV?

You?

I.

--------------

Will not edit this above poste, but I actually point that to wrong person
sorry.

[edit on 29-10-2004 by ivan]

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Look into the design of the human body and u will find that is was not made to be decaptited, shot, anally mounted, injected with drugs or for smoking.

Read my freaking post!
I did not say God is for homosexuality.
I said gay people were born gay, and therefore God understands their struggle. I do not know wether God approves of them having sex.

It seems weird to me that sex is a gift from God, just for those lucky enough to be born straight.
The first thing you have to realize in this discussion, is that being gay is not a choice, neither result of a sin/mistake.

[edit on 29-10-2004 by Jakko]

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jakko

Read my freaking post!
I did not say God is for homosexuality.
I said gay people were born gay, and therefore God understands their struggle. I do not know wether God approves of them having sex.

It seems weird to me that sex is a gift from God, just for those lucky enough to be born straight.
The first thing you have to realize in this discussion, is that being gay is not a choice, neither result of a sin/mistake.

[edit on 29-10-2004 by Jakko]

If people born that way? that is make it appectable?

we have murderer's, seiral killers, child moslters that are born into our societys, does it make it ok and appectable because they were born that way?

your reply, but they constent.

So you agree that people can be born, bad and good. and that homosexuality is ok on the basis of consent, but not on the basis of the action.

Then how can u agree on homosexuality if u don't agree on the action?

You don't agree on murderer killing people or peodofiles. They also commit actions.

So if all have consent, lets all support it. yeah right..

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by ivan

So it's all propaganda?

How the hell people discover the mastrubation then? did they watch it on TV? Or read it in Internet?

Ofcourse TV or any other media will hellp regarding any idea. Good or BAD, but if you think to BAD that type of things totaly, that would be just plain wrong.

Who will play GOD any make a call what stuff can or cant be on TV?

You?

I.

--------------

Will not edit this above poste, but I actually point that to wrong person
sorry.

[edit on 29-10-2004 by ivan]

Well seems like hollywood is playing god, buy advertisiting and influencing the youth in bisexuality with their MTV and Hollywoof movies and projecting the normality of what AMERICA should be.

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Your comparisons make no sense whatsoever Thinker.
Comparing gay people with murderers is just insane.
Besides this, murderers are not burn as a murderer.

Maybe you can post something that makes sense? Or is your entire opinion based on these foolish comparisons and flawed reasoning?

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I think as society moves forward people arent afraid to reveal to others who they truly are and what they feel.

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 11:10 AM
link   
O.k...now you macho guys listen!

If I have the fantasm of kissing and having sex with a sexy girl like me!!! And, actually I have steady boyfriend of 5 years (we are happy!),,,does it mean I'm gay?????Like how can you tell who's gay and not gay??? See my
point???

All of my girlfriends kiss and touch each other in parties and that is like fun and almost normal (we have great parties!!! hehehe)

So....Are we going to hell for that, Are we sinners....or maybe we all have a bad genes...or maybe that is not the case at all, we are just more "open"???? Personnaly, for me There is nothing wrong with that!

Ameliaxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 02:51 PM
link   
First of noone but God knows wether you're going to hell. Let no christian tell you you will go to hell, because we (as christians) simply can not predict God like that.

It's also plain wrong to "convince" someone with such lines. Everyone understands that such lines spread either hatred or fear. (the words "have no fear" are in the bible 365 times, have no fear, not one day a year)

Amelia.
Maybe you are bi?
If you are not bi, and you just want to do it because you want to be seen as a "crazy partygirl" I think it's wrong.
That would be kinda like those people saying "well you have to try everything once in your life!". (having sex with ants as well?)

You don't have to try everything once in your life, and if you are sure deep inside that you will enjoy sex with a girl it's okay I think.
Just don't do it because it's a trend where you live, or because you want to act crazy. It will just make you feel weird if you are not bi.

Peace out.

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Well maybe I am semi-BI....
But Any way....I don't really care!!!
Everybody lives his life like they want, I judge nobody and we should judge nobody even if they are gay or bi or semi-bi

So ciaoxxxxx
Love ya
Amelia

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amelia
Well maybe I am semi-BI....
But Any way....I don't really care!!!
Everybody lives his life like they want, I judge nobody and we should judge nobody even if they are gay or bi or semi-bi

Even if they are gay?
I would say especially if they are gay.
I don't think we straight people realize how hard it is for gay people to live in this world, filled with people like IBM.

Did you notice how the ignorant "being gay is wrong and a choice" folks out there, all seem to be revolted by the idea of 2 men having anal sex?
Anal sex is not preserved for gay people, neither is the only way gay people can have sex.

It's so unintellectual and stupid to use "anal sex" as an excuse to think being gay is wrong, or homosexuals are wrong.

B t w, Amelia is that hottie in the avatar you?

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I've yet to see an intelligent post there that questions the the statement that 'being gay is genetic.' Is it? Which gene triggers this? I'm not saying that this isn't accurate as Sargon is not a molecular biologist, only that it has always seemed counter-intuitive that being gay could be a gentic trait.

By the general nature of things, gays would not be exactly prolific as reproduction goes-and hence should eliminate themselves from the gene pool as an unfavorable characteric for species survival. Perhaps some other biological/environmental force is at work here?

As for you Amelia, do whatever you think is right. BTW, Old Sargon IS a male lesibian so if you ever want to swing both ways at the same time...

Edited for a typo...It's not a conspiracy!

[edit on 29/10/04 by Sargon of Agade]

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 03:36 PM
link   
To answer the original question, I'm not really sure that homosexuality is becoming more common in teens. I think with teenage girls in particular that some of them are just 'playing' gay because they think its cool. They see characters like the gay wiccans in Buffy and (just as some wiccans are in it for the 'coolness' factor) decide to 'become' gay.

Most of these highschool fads are just fads and those who are 'pretend gay' or 'pretend wiccan' drop the act when another fashion comes along.

I don't think the same can be said for boys though because they are naturally less tactile amongst people of the same sex.

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sargon of Agade
I've yet to see an intelligent post there that questions the the statement that 'being gay is genetic.' Is it? Which gene triggers this? I'm not saying that this isn't accurate as Sargon is not a molecular biologist, only that it has always seemed counter-intuitive that being gay could be a gentic trait.

By the general nature of things, gays would not be exactly prolific as reproduction goes-and hence should eliminate themselves from the gene pool as an unfavorable characteric for species survival. Perhaps some other biological/environmental force is at work here?

We don't know yet Sargon.
The investigations and experiments conducted so far in this area, seem to lead to indirect proof, if proof at all.
Yet all the experts and scientist that did research in this area seem to agree that sexual preference is something we are born with, and unchangable. (unless God interfears)

As with ADHD (I have ADHD) I think "being gay" can skip generations.
So if someone is gay, his/her children do not have to be gay.
And if those children get children they don't have to be gay either.
See how after a while a pretty large group of people can "carry" the gay gene, even though strictly gay people are unlikely to have children. (unless they like living in a closet)

Maybe most of us are allready carrying the gay gene, without knowing it.
This would mean the gay gene only becomes dominant in rare cases.

Just speculating here.

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 05:46 PM
link   

And all women watched on tv was man and women. Do you really think women will be bisexuals?

Yeah, everyone knows the homosexual / bisexual fad in Ancient Greece was sparked by early episodes of Will and Grace

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Put me in the "There's always been more than we think, they just haven't been able to say so" category.

It just seems like more because people feel more comfortable at comming out now. I think it's cool and will cause much fewer emotion problems in the long run for these people.

Imagine if you were not allowed to say you found the opposite sex attractive. That'd drive me crazy.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join