It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To U.K. Members Suggesting A U.S. Repeal Of The Second Amendment

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

Could America take that advice and get it's nose out of everyone else's business? If your going to start that argument, then you should really be looking in the mirror first.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties
reply to post by cjttatu

You can shoot those beasties just as easy with bolt action hunting rifles mate. Nobody is saying that gun control means banning guns, it means taking a common sense approach to them that doesn't allow a whackjob to walk into his local shop and buy an assault rifle.

Good luck with that if you've got a pack of beasties

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

Want a say in our laws? Move here. otherwise, it is not your issue.

I don't think that most the people from the UK in the various thread's want to have a say in your law's....but we have opinion's on them which is perfectly acceptable.

In the same vain you could argue that the Royal's have nothing to do with the American people and they don't have to live with them...and thus they shouldn't have an opinion about them or express that opinion.....errrrrm like that's ever likely to happen!

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Could America take that advice and get it's nose out of everyone else's business? If your going to start that argument, then you should really be looking in the mirror first.

Not so much. While I dont support many of the things america is doing internationally, I do not need to look to it first to say that other countries get no say in american laws.

I'd gladly go back to being an isolationist nation if I could. Doesnt change a thing, though, because it is what it is, and you all dont get a say.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Logos23

Want a say in our laws? Move here. otherwise, it is not your issue.

I don't think that most the people from the UK in the various thread's want to have a say in your law's....but we have opinion's on them which is perfectly acceptable.

In the same vain you could argue that the Royal's have nothing to do with the American people and they don't have to live with them...and thus they shouldn't have an opinion about them or express that opinion.....errrrrm like that's ever likely to happen!

I didnt say a thing about not having an opinion. I said it is moot and irrelevant. Have your opinion all you want. Dont expect it to change a thing.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   

The world will therefore continue to have an opinion on America and its issues while ever America thinks it can poke its nose into everyone else's business.

If America doesn't like it, I know a nice brick wall it can talk to that cares more than we do.

edit on 22/12/2012 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   

The world will therefore continue to have an opinion on America and its issues while her America thinks it can poke its nose into everyone else's business.

If America doesn't like it, I know a nice brick wall it can talk to that cares more than we do.

Again, have your opinion all you want. But when it comes to our laws, you have to realize they are moot and irrelevant.

That same brick wall you mention is EXACTLY what you are telling it to, when it comes to our laws.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   

So why did you bother complaining then in the first place?

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

I get what you are saying about the types we should be allowed to possess, but as the Constitution was written, you can plainly and clearly see that our 2nd amendment right was put there for more than one reason. Self defense is one, and I agree you shouldnt need more than a regular rifle or decent pistol to ward off 1 or 2 attackers similarly equipped, however theres a little part in the same governing documents of our country that states it our right and our duty to overthrow a corrupt government if need be, and I think thats where our automatic rifles come into play. At least we are able to stay on par with what the best military's in the world are using in the field, so if it came to an armed revolution we would have some sort of chance instead of going into an AR fight with just a shotgun.

Of course we wouldnt stand a chance against tanks and drones and super sonic air craft, etc

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   

So why did you bother complaining then in the first place?

Complaining? I stated my opinion, same as you did. Why is it that if my opinion differs from yours, it is complaining?

Especially when my opinion is absolute fact, in this instance.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by phishfriar47

Some chance? Semi auto ARs against shells, missiles, tanks, bombs, jets, helicopters, drones and nukes?

I believe they call that lunacy in most circles

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   

So sayeth The Lord?

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   

So sayeth The Lord?

No, so sayeth the truth, or are you saying that your opinion DOES hav ean impact on american law?

Again, moot and irrelevant.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   

You quite clearly said move here, otherwise it's not your issue.......so what exactly did you mean if not don't have an opinion or express it?

And you missed the point....you implied that people from the UK want a SAY in your gun laws....I explained that most people from the UK have an OPINION which isn't the same as wanting a say......

And no matter what you say you obviously do mind that others have an opinion....or you wouldn't be so touchy about it...if others views really are so irrelevant then stop being so defensive about them because there isn't really a problem is there?

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by phishfriar47
reply to post by Biigs

I get what you are saying about the types we should be allowed to possess, but as the Constitution was written, you can plainly and clearly see that our 2nd amendment right was put there for more than one reason. Self defense is one, and I agree you shouldnt need more than a regular rifle or decent pistol to ward off 1 or 2 attackers similarly equipped, however theres a little part in the same governing documents of our country that states it our right and our duty to overthrow a corrupt government if need be, and I think thats where our automatic rifles come into play. At least we are able to stay on par with what the best military's in the world are using in the field, so if it came to an armed revolution we would have some sort of chance instead of going into an AR fight with just a shotgun.

Of course we wouldnt stand a chance against tanks and drones and super sonic air craft, etc

I like that
Theres always a chance when you believe
Maybe their scared their pushing things too far too fast

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   

You quite clearly said move here, otherwise it's not your issue.......so what exactly did you mean if not don't have an opinion or express it?

And you missed the point....you implied that people from the UK want a SAY in your gun laws....I explained that most people from the UK have an OPINION which isn't the same as wanting a say......

And no matter what you say you obviously do mind that others have an opinion....or you wouldn't be so touchy about it...if others views really are so irrelevant then stop being so defensive about them because there isn't really a problem is there?

I said exactly what i meant. If you want to have a say in american laws, move to america and become a part of our voting process. Otherwise, it is moot and irrelevant.

I didnt miss the point at all, perhaps you did. Having a say in something means having influence on the topic. Again, have your opinion all you want, just understand that it is moot and irrelevant. Nothing but impotent pontification.

Touchy? Hardly. I think it is kinda funny, really, that people out there think they actually should have influence over american law.

edit on 22-12-2012 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Underworlds

Guns aren't illegal in England. Gun crime is nothing like it is in America, never has been and never will be. Gun ownership was never anything like it was in America and there are still over 1.5 million legally owned, privately owned firearms in Britain.
edit on 22-12-2012 by lifeissacred because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   

I said exactly what i meant. If you want to have a say in american laws, move to america and become a part of our voting process. Otherwise, it is moot and irrelevant.

Having a say in something means having influence on the topic. Again, have your opinion all you want, just understand that it is moot and irrelevant.

Touchy? Hardly. I think it is kinda funny, really, that people out there think they actually should have influence over american law.

Yes okay okay we get it....how many more times do you want to state others opinion's are moot and irrelevant? Personally I understood your position the first time you stated it. I think you've made your position very clear .....now you should be able to move along and let those with an opinion who want to discuss it do so....I mean if it's so irrelevant it's hardly worth your time keep defending against it?

I think it's kinda funny that you still have some crazy idea that most people from the UK or other countries actually want to have a say or influence over American law.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Reply to post by Logos23

Did you? Because you seem to still misunderstand, as is apparent by your claims that I am saying you shouldnt have an opinion. Seems like you still dont get it.

So I should only be able to speak on it if I have an opinion like yours? And you are claiming I am saying that others opinions dont matter?

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
i thought the UK and USA were friends?

friends look out for friends.

ATS is a world wide forum, if you want to have a close minded debate, get off the internet!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join