It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To U.K. Members Suggesting A U.S. Repeal Of The Second Amendment

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties

Originally posted by Underworlds
Still, the same people continue to rant from across the water about how we Americans should conduct our lives, even though their lifestyles and the crime that dictates those lifestyles grow worse and worse with the passing of the days.

That's rich coming from an American whose country practically invented the modern day method of sticking their nose into others business.

As long as our friends from places such as the U.K. continue to hammer us with insistance that we abolish our Second Amendment rights, we should continue to remind them as to their own plight after they gave up their guns.

Aussie here....precisely what "plight" am I currently being afflicted with? I am sitting here in the sunshine with a nice cup of coffee not worrying that some nutter went to the shops and bought a gun and could possibly appear around the corner to blow my brains out. I do not fear this in my country, no matter how much you wish I did just to prove your point.

Maybe... just maybe, one day they will open their eyes and realize

My eyes are wide open mate, and I ain't seeing any gun toting nut jobs pointing guns at me.....I wonder why that is?

Are you serious? You're not afraid of some nut job blowing your brains out why? Was it not because of a few incidences in your country that put your population into FEAR to justify the ban on your guns? I go out and I don't even have the thought of someone shooting me, and I'm currently in Texas. If you really have these thoughts at all anytime you're the paranoid one.
edit on 22-12-2012 by christoph because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
We have crossbows in the uk and sling shots and deal with our pests, am i afraid of being murdered by a mass murdering crossbow wielding mainic?

...no

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by christoph

Please name a single massacre that has occurred in Australia since our gun control laws came into effect?

Just a hint for when you don't find any, there aren't any
I wonder why that is?

Edit: Aussies don't fear having our heads blown off because we aren't raised in a violent, gun loving culture, nor do our citizens have easy access to assault rifles.

Btw, just in case you are one of those ignorants who think Aussies have had our guns banned, please note they are still legal here just strictly controlled and we like it like that.
edit on 22/12/2012 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

I made the accusation that you claimed that other's opinion's from outside the US were moot and irrelevant....so i suggested that you moved along so that those who wanted to discuss it could do so. Especially as the title of the thread was an invitation for those in the UK to engage in debate.

As for opinion's....you haven't stated you opinion to me pertaining to the OP or the thread....and you haven't even asked for my opinion either.....you have just made it pretty clear you are not interested in my opinion and it isn't relevant....which considering the thread title started with " to UK members........"

if you believe that the UK's opinion's are moot and irrelevant then I would suggest you find another thread that isn't obviously aimed at the UK population and have your debate's there.....

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Logos23

Methinks the OP merely wanted a thread where he could spout off his opinion and crush the dissenters. He ain't getting it

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

May I ask WHY the Europeans, Ausies, Chinese, Russians and other disarmed victim peoples are so interested in disarming the US citizen? Hell, why don't we adopt Mexico's strict gun policy... there are no gun murders or gang violence there! Great idea, then we can be just like the rest of you (and by the way you guys talk on the boards, you seem to have a zealousness in your wish to see us disarmed victims in my opinion, as though you can't wait to get some joy as our crime rates, rape victims, and body counts skyrocket and we cannot fight back),under the boot of criminals and corruption... No thank you. It is kind of like "Chamberlain appeasement" where you are OK if you are looted, raped, mugged, burglarized, and trodden upon as long as someone doesn't die. Here, we would rather chance death than live "safer from death" like you do. We shoot back. The Brit argument usually is "There is nothing in my house worth taking a human life" (The victim helpless mentality) while the US reality is "There is nothing in my house worth loosing your life for criminal scum".

This post from a few years ago sums it up pretty well in relation to the Brits:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Oh, your example:
reason.com...
answers.yahoo.com...

edit on 22-12-2012 by infolurker because: add

edit on 22-12-2012 by infolurker because: add link

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   

reply to post by Logos23

Methinks the OP merely wanted a thread where he could spout off his opinion and crush the dissenters. He ain't getting it

The whole of the OP was based around a pile of crap and was totally flawed....which is why I got involved in the thread.....I then set the record straight and point out why it's totally inaccurate and give proof to show why....which nobody challenged......and now my opinion's are moot and irrelevant....at least I contributed something to this thread that was fact based and not just fuelled by emotions!

And dont think that the reference to you being sat outside in the sunshine went un- noticed....bragging sod!
lol

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Logos23

Naw, I like it here. Or are you trying to limit where I should be able to post?

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by infolurker

If you want to see the official UK statistics and trend's pertaining to crime including violent crime and also gun crime see my link I posted earlier in the thread.........I looked at your link you posted on another topic and most of that was what was being reported by tabloids and the media...look at the hard facts INSTEAD!
yahoo answers?? Pleeeeeaaasssseeee! *roll's eye's*

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Logos23

If you want to see the official UK statistics and trend's pertaining to crime including violent crime and also gun crime see my link I posted earlier in the thread.........I looked at your link you posted on another topic and most of that was what was being reported by tabloids and the media...look at the hard facts INSTEAD!

Yeah, I know it hurts.

What do you dispute? My opinion of the 'zealousness" or any of the story links? Is anything I posted not true?
edit on 22-12-2012 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   

And dont think that the reference to you being sat outside in the sunshine went un- noticed....bragging sod!
lol

Ahahahahah. I'd mail you some sunshine if I could mate

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
In the United Kingdom firearms are tightly controlled by law, and while there is opposition to existing legislation from shooting organisations[citation needed], there is little wider political debate, and public opinion favours stronger control. [1] The British Shooting Sports Council now believes that the law needs to be consolidated but it does not call for a review. [2] The United Kingdom has one of the lowest rates of gun homicides in the world with 0.07 recorded intentional homicides committed with a firearm per 100,000 inhabitants in 2009 compared to the United States' 3.0 (over 40 times higher) and to Germany's 0.21 (3 times higher).[3]

from
en.wikipedia.org...

notice those stats are per 100,000
edit on 22-12-2012 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by infolurker

May I ask WHY the Europeans, Ausies, Chinese, Russians and other disarmed victim peoples are so interested in disarming the US citizen?

May I ask WHY Americans continue to think that the term "gun control" equates to "the complete loss of all privately owned guns" and "the complete ban of all guns" and "the complete loss of 2nd amendment rights" and "the complete victimization of US citizens" and.... and.... and....

???

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots
reply to post by Logos23

Naw, I like it here. Or are you trying to limit where I should be able to post?

Nope carry on, be my guest....but please don't tell me my opinion's are moot and irrelevant.....that's getting a tad boring.
I don't actually believe that banning gun's in America would be an answer to your problem right now as I have previously stated.....but if you would like to carry on taking issue with me... then again....be my guest.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   

You've way over thought this. We see the positive effect that gun control has had on our societies (despite your ridiculous yahoo answers statistics) and don't, for the life of us, understand why America is so resistant to it. The only answer we can really see is that American culture is just too violent and far removed from the rest of us for you to ever understand.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Logos23

You dont want to be told the truth? Sorry, it does hurt sometime. Its no different than my opinion on the UK's gun laws-they are moot and irrelevant. Its not the insult you are trying to make it out to be. Its simply the truth.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by CranialSponge

May I ask WHY the Europeans, Ausies, Chinese, Russians and other disarmed victim peoples are so interested in disarming the US citizen?

May I ask WHY Americans continue to think that the term "gun control" equates to "the complete loss of all privately owned guns" and "the complete ban of all guns" and "the complete loss of 2nd amendment rights" and "the complete victimization of US citizens" and.... and.... and....

???

Because we look at the UK as the "wet dream" outcome of what will become of us.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Yeah, I know it hurts.

What do you dispute? My opinion of the 'zealousness" or any of the story links? Is anything I posted not true?
edit on 22-12-2012 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

Again... look at the official statistics and trends in the link I posted.....relaying to me what the tabloids have to say on the matter and the mis representation of the facts are a waste of both of our time.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   

lol

Ahahahahah. I'd mail you some sunshine if I could mate

Damn well flooded out here! Snow at Christmas I can handle.....but this miserable weather is crappy by UK standard's even! lol

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots
reply to post by Logos23

You dont want to be told the truth? Sorry, it does hurt sometime. Its no different than my opinion on the UK's gun laws-they are moot and irrelevant. Its not the insult you are trying to make it out to be. Its simply the truth.

??????

Man you have gotta be a troll.....hope so for your sake because you are making no sense anymore. I have better thing's worthy of my time and consideration on here

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join