It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A call to end the insanity regarding conspiracy theories of the Newtown shootings

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual
[m. so logic says to you a man goes extreemly mad and into a school,shoots x amount of kids,not one but several and not satisfied with that he shoots them several times each one of them.that sounds logical? in your mind that is more plausable then what our fellows have been theorizing here?and you call them idiots?looneys?are you capable of doing such thing?i think they are not and thats the reasson they look for all kinds of explanations that make more sence. besides the disapointments of the agencies running the world,the boogy man! yet presidents and prime ministers slap it in your face every chance they get, 3 words, new world order.or is that crazy as well?

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer

Originally posted by bknapple32
reply to post by purplemer

For someone telling people what to do and not to do, you arent really following your own advice. I have NEVER once told someone to ' you dont like it, leave'. However you dont like this thread, why come here then? Its your own advice

Heck I am happy here. I posted my two pence. I have nothing against the thread. I have something against your opinion. Note the difference please and I am here on ATS to debate.

What specifically do you have against it?

We should have more of these types of threads and theories?

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Osiris1953
reply to post by bknapple32

Well said and I wholeheartedly agree. It really has gotten out of hand, and even people who I normally find to be rather logical have thrown logic aside to hop on these bandwagons. I'm honestly surprised no admin. has tried to reign it in to some extent, or at least closely monitor threads relating to the Connect. shooting.

Heck you could just as easily be posting that comment in the 911 forum or on numerous other topics....

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by bumpufirst
[m. so logic says to you a man goes extreemly mad and into a school,shoots x amount of kids,not one but several and not satisfied with that he shoots them several times each one of them.that sounds logical? in your mind that is more plausable then what our fellows have been theorizing here?and you call them idiots?looneys?are you capable of doing such thing?i think they are not and thats the reasson they look for all kinds of explanations that make more sence. besides the disapointments of the agencies running the world,the boogy man! yet presidents and prime ministers slap it in your face every chance they get, 3 words, new world order.or is that crazy as well?

This is my point. Somehow the Newtown shootings devolved to the NWO.How? who knows? Why? No idea. But hey, this is ats. Lets lump the NWO with every tragedy current events gives us.There you go, a theory worthy of ats at the moment.

link   

None of that made any sense, seriously. I'm a logical person, and there is nothing there for me to even debunk. 13 years and 1 day? What is that supposed to indicate? Why is it any more or less meaningfull than 13 years and ten days?

Obviously you have not participated in magickal ritual because if you did you would know that 13 is a powerful number paid homage in many ways and would be able to recognize the element of ritual that is found in these kinds of things. Then it might make more sense to you.

link   

Originally posted by purplemer

Originally posted by Osiris1953

Well said and I wholeheartedly agree. It really has gotten out of hand, and even people who I normally find to be rather logical have thrown logic aside to hop on these bandwagons. I'm honestly surprised no admin. has tried to reign it in to some extent, or at least closely monitor threads relating to the Connect. shooting.

Heck you could just as easily be posting that comment in the 911 forum or on numerous other topics....

And the 9/11 forum received such scrutiny by the mods. Good point.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by coyotepoet

edit on 17-12-2012 by bknapple32 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by coyotepoet

But its not 13 years, it is 13 years and one day. You just overlook the day because it doesnt suit your agenda. Or does the number 1 now have some magical significant meaning.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by GrandStrategy

Why do conspiracy nuts always count the eleventh day of September as 2? 9 + 11 is 20, not 13

I don't count it as a 2 and when reducing, if you get an 11, it doesn't reduce to 2 because it is a master number.

The way that numerologists add 9+1+1=11 and if reduced 1+1=2 so it would reduce to a two. Since 0's are not counted, this would be the same numerical value as 20.

Fully 9/11/2001 would be 9+1+1+2+1=14 1+4=5 and no matter how you add it up it would continue to be a 5 (example 9+11=20+2001=2021 2+2+1=5

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
From now on all conspiracy theories no matter how old the subject or how current the subject must meet live inside the world of "the official story".

For instance, it is ok to make a conspiracy theory that states: "The 911 hijackers actually we're not that strict in their religion and like stripers and etc." This would be fine as this conspiracy theory "lives" in the "world" that the official story created.

However, it is no longer acceptable to make a conspiracy theory that would stray from the "world", officially created.

For instance, we should no longer be allowed to claim: "there never were any real capable or actual hijackers, just scripts, voice distortion, global hawk flight control technology". That would fall outside of the circle of officialness.

If you are to saddened by this great tragedy to keep an objective viewpoint on world events, as what is done here, then you should maybe take a few days off of ats. This site should always be free for all to "ponder" and free for all to not read if they choose to.

edit on 17-12-2012 by FinalCountdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   

What specifically do you have against it? We should have more of these types of threads and theories?

Thank you for your reply..

We are both aware this is a conspiracy site. People have to read between the lines and connect the dotes. The answers do not present themselves in glowing neon lights. People should be making threads about this topic. People should if they wish be going through it all with a fine tooth comb.

I really do not know what happened that day and why it happened. To me it smells of fish. I could be right I could be wrong. But I think it rich to say people should have all the evidence or give it a rest. What do you even mean the real evidence. That given out in the MSM. That given out in court. We are probably both aware these can be manipulated. It sounds like you are requesting to people on ATS to just tow the official story and not post threads asking questions and looking for answers. I find that stiffling at best..
edit on 17-12-2012 by purplemer because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   

But its not 13 years, it is 13 years and one day. You just overlook the day because it doesnt suit your agenda. Or does the number 1 now have some magical significant meaning.

In fact it does. And I didn't overlook it at all, in fact I called attention to it. Take for instance the number of adults killed at the school in CT 6+1 (the shooter) for a total of 7 (a ritual target number.)

The +1 is meant to add power to the ritual.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
i think the OP is underestimating the ATS community and our ability to sort through the trash to find our treasures.

the precise reason why i come to this website is to learn as much as i can about the events of this world. if i wanted the easily digestible story, i'd stick to USAToday.

i believe that what we in this community have in common is a desire to know more... a desire to seek out the truths that are buried or lost. there is almost always more to the story, and we as a community earnestly seek it.

you see... we like to follow the rabbit down the rabbit hole.

and sometimes, this takes us to farcical places. sometimes this takes us to maddening places. sometimes this takes us to ridiculous places. but every so often, we find a pearl. we unearth a truth... a strange truth, perhaps... but a truth, non-the-less.

so we should keep throwing those theories against the wall! and then it is up to the greater community of dedicated and bright ATS members (skeptics and believers alike) to weed through those theories with their shrewd skills and knowledge---

some theories will be debunked. some may be proven. and others will remain a mystery, an oddity, an enigma... another rabbit to follow!

what the OP seems to be proposing is a form of censorship. i would much prefer to hear all voices and then decide for myself what is crap and what is curious, rather than silence the voices that some deem unworthy.

we are the FRINGE! we are the seekers of the obscure! to request otherwise is to limit the potential of one of the truly unique forums in cyberland.

PS - i am no newbie and have joined this forum about the same time as the OP. indeed, i do find that there is a decline of RESPECT in many of the recent posts, and that is most disheartening.

as for the wacky stuff that gets posted, however... this place has always been a bastion of oddities! once again... that's why i keep coming back.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   

are you undermining ats? you feel this site is about looney?i t perhaps might be a relief presure valve, but looney?that is said of most great thinkers so its more of a compliment these days.most people that think of them self as normal are usually off. heck! i see people here full of them self diminishing people over a misspelled word. so yes i guess its mixed in here. but, i dont think they are stupid and run after the first wagon to hop on,at least not all. i guess its about distrust in our leaders at every level. that can and will creat choas. and conspiracy every were.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
A lot of people have mentioned respect. Sift through my post history if you would like. I have never attacked a person for their post. I have attacked their post. And will continue to do so when it has nothing behind it.

The difference between then and now is that in the past people would post theories with something behind it. Some nugget of information relevant to the post. A corner of a map saying Sandy Hook implicating The Dark Knight as part of the massacre would have been tossed in the trash so quickly. You want to talk about muddying the waters? The amount of nonsense in fact does detract us from going down the rabbit hole. The way things are going, there seem to be hundreds of rabbit holes now. With 99% of them leading nowhere.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Didn't you read the post about compartmentalization the suits showing up detailing how they should do things?

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   

just to be clear, i was not insinuating that you lacked respect. it is many (not all) of the recent members i was griping about.

however... your recall of ATS may be slightly skewed. this place was always full of silly theories. perhaps not 99% worth, as you seem to think we are inundated with nowadays. but, there was then, as there is now, a mountain of sh!t to wade through to find some of the "good stuff". and heck... even if 99% is crap- 1% is bloody brilliant.

and who is to say what is crap, and what is not???

that is the real issue i take with your OP (not with you... you seem like a nice enough fellow).

i, for one, find the coincidence with this Sandy Hook, Aurora, Batman link to be disconcerting if not curious. now, i don't think that this was conscious decision of the filmmakers, but coincidences are often flags for something. what? i don't know. i'll keep reading the thread to see if someone comes up with something that resonates with me.

but i won't dismiss the coincidence outright just because it is a bit far fetched. this whole flippin' site is far fetched!
once again... that's why i come back.

PS- you say you are the John Locke of ATS... but John Locke was a man of faith... a man who wanted to believe,
and yet you are casting the long shadow of doubt across this cyber-island of believers!

cheers.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   

i have to differ from that of a dead end deal.any action is better then no action taken,corrections come along the way. one thing is indeed needed,corrections,official and un-officials. and you believe the map theory to be wild trash,being a motivation perhaps of this psot.others think diferently and not acused but linked a connection to the affairs hapening now days.many other events from the past still unsolved dead end official stories.perhaps its time to change the aproach and beliefs.and not rely on the officials so much.that you believe them and others dont does not make ether rite or wrong.that reamins to be seen,premature?one step at a time. one thing i agree with you,there is alot of deception.
edit on 17-12-2012 by bumpufirst because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by mythos

I'll happily reply to anyone who manages to invoke a LOST reference.

On the Locke reference I would submit this to you. Locke was a meat and potatoes guy until he was given something to believe in. He had something tangible to use as a meaning for his faith. The island (Jacob) gave him his legs back.

So i would most certainly posit that Locke would demand something to believe in. He didn't believe blindly at first. Later he did. He started getting caught up in faith. And it led to his demise. He believed Ben with no modicum of evidence. And he was killed for it.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by mythos
i think the OP is underestimating the ATS community and our ability to sort through the trash to find our treasures.

the precise reason why i come to this website is to learn as much as i can about the events of this world. if i wanted the easily digestible story, i'd stick to USAToday.

i believe that what we in this community have in common is a desire to know more... a desire to seek out the truths that are buried or lost. there is almost always more to the story, and we as a community earnestly seek it.

you see... we like to follow the rabbit down the rabbit hole.

I feel the bigger problem with the community is it doesn't try to do anything but puff up it's chest, look down its nose, and try to be "better" than what it calls "the mainstream."

Basically, it's a congregation of misfits who just preach to the choir all while feeding itself with confirmation bias. It's a cycle that eventually does no good for the thing it boast it tries to educate: the mainstream!

If this community actually wanted to be of any true use, it would hold massive campaigns to push whatever agendas it wants to push onto the mainstream, not just regurgitate the same dribble to its own followers. Do you get my point?

So instead of just going into a "rabbit hole," stick your head out and do something useful. It feels all goody-goody to know you've found some "truth" only you know about, but it only feels good for this community if no one else in the mainstream knows about it. Otherwise, it wouldn''t be fun since it wouldn't be "underground" and the community wouldn't be above others.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join