It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gunman shoots 1 in Texas movie theater parking lot

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   

news.msn.com

Sheriff's officials say a man opened fire in a San Antonio movie theater parking lot, wounding one person before an officer shot him inside the theater.

The gunman entered the theater. Antu says the man fired a shot but struck no one. An off-duty sheriff's deputy working security then shot the gunman.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
So a gunman was stopped by another gunman ... who would have thought!

And they say having guns at these scenes wouldn't help the situation.
This is another example of how we (the innocent) needs to be armed. When faced face to face with evil, it's good to be prepared.

Survival of the fittest. The weak will perish and the strong will prevail.

Guns take lives, and guns save lives.

You're welcome.

news.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 17-12-2012 by blackreign2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by blackreign2012

It was an off duty police officer. Of course they have guns and of course they're trained. You can't lump regular folk and cops together

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Err... I hate to be the voice of logic here and I do carry a gun myself....but in this situation? Umm.... You do realize you'd have almost certainly been shot and killed right beside him if the cop simply saw two warm bodies holding guns with 1 shot fired already? The fact you are aiming at the bad guy could make it worse, in fact...that could get you shot first. After all..How does the cop know YOU aren't the bad guy and HE'S the innocent moviegoer you're fixing to murder?

Just a thought here...but guns help stop criminals, true .....provided situational awareness is in all directions and not just down the sights of your weapon.

S/F for a good thread tho and a story with a happy ending for a change!

edit on 17-12-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Yeah, give the children guns too, that will make everything just fine and the problems will go away

edit on 17-12-2012 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by blackreign2012

This thread is the one you couldnt find...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Edit -
Are we now going to have a new thread each time there is a shooting?

edit on 17-12-2012 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlySolo

It was an off duty police officer. Of course they have guns and of course they're trained. You can't lump regular folk and cops together

You're right. Regular folk get more range time on average and wouldnt send 120 rounds flying in downtown Manhattan to stop a perp who's just standing there.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Is it me, or do a growing minority of Americans believe that giving a person lead for Christmas is now an acceptable social norm? If so, when is someone going to teach them otherwise?

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1

Originally posted by blackreign2012

This thread is the one you couldnt find...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Edit -
Are we now going to have a new thread each time there is a shooting?

edit on 17-12-2012 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

Apparently so mate, don't forget these gun lovers are hysterical, they need their weapons of death to sleep with at night and also, they always like to get that "arm everyone" statement in their OP all the time

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

You're right. Regular folk get more range time on average and wouldnt send 120 rounds flying in downtown Manhattan to stop a perp who's just standing there.

Right. A regular folk would be more composed, calm, cool, and collected in a high stress situation more so than a police officer. If cops are shooting rounds of stray bullets, what do you think a regular bloke would do?

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I have an idea, Why not replace bullets with tranquilizer arrows or something? Something that doesnt kill the person but injures and instantly puts him to sleep.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Right. A regular folk would be more composed, calm, cool, and collected in a high stress situation more so than a police officer. If cops are shooting rounds of stray bullets, what do you think a regular bloke would do?

Like this guy? Florida Internet cafe DGU

Or any of these people? link to OPSD Seems like they compose themselves better than the cops do.

It's not the cops fault. They're trained to hate and fear anyone who isnt one of them.
edit on 17-12-2012 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
A gun has saved my life more than once. Many times while in the military and once at a convenience store.

People have got to stop blaming the tools and start addressing the real problem which is social sickness (the mentally unstable).

The US mental health system is the worst out of all civilized nations and the result has been people going mental and terrorizing people.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by RivingtonRebel

Find me a tranq gun I can carry concealed and will drop someone in 2-3 seconds of literal watch count time and I'll happily put my 1911 in the safe and leave it there. I'd VERY much prefer to see someone just fall over unconscious than to imagine I may someday have to live with the sights of the alternative..however justified.

The problem is...even a gunshot in all but a couple spots on a body will leave someone physically capable of fighting for at least 30 seconds and usually a couple minutes if they just don't care about the damage they've sustained. A tranq dart? Well.. If they're armed like this guy was, there is absolutely no question he'll have awareness long enough to empty his gun at whatever shot him with a dart.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

Even if we had a good one, it wouldn't matter a tiny bit. Know why? Because the societal stigma people get. Until that is removed, it will never change. No one wants to be branded a "nut", especially with all the talk about how "nuts" need to be disarmed and not be able to defend themselves.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

If you think it wouldn’t matter you are mistaken. Many people want help but the current system in place makes it very hard for them. The facilities are horrible they are understaffed, and inadequate. Fixing our mental health system is what is needed not regulations on tools.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

Would you seek even good help, if it meant that in the future you would fail a backround check for getting said help? That goes for guns and jobs, and who knows what else requires backround checks, that dig into every little past thing on your record and hold it against you.

Don't get me wrong though, I do agree we are seriously lacking. One great example is how drug addicts are treated as criminal and tossed into a cage with animals, instead of being treated as mentally ill.

I am just saying a lot of people would decline even great treatment, out of the fear of being marked with that stigma for life if they did so.
edit on Mon, 17 Dec 2012 14:02:22 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

First just because someone has had issues in their life does not stop them from passing a background check as long as those issues are resolved it does not stop them from owning or buying guns either.. So the answer is yes. People that want and need help should be able to access it easily and not have to jump through hoops like it is set up now.

I am proof because I am a veteran, gun owner with a CCW and a job with a security clearance yet I have struggled with problems in the past. I do not think you understand the laws concerning CCW or passing background checks.

I wouldn’t pass a background check dealing with nuclear weapons but I wouldn’t want that kind of stress anyway. I have worked with chemical weapons before on Johnson Island where we were disposing of them.
edit on 17-12-2012 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Wow., so are we going to desensitize ourselves to hell over this now?

How many shootings are you going to post now because of this, every single one?

Jesus....

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

This is precisely the problem. It is hard enough, especially where some paranoid, schizoid, and psychotic disorders are concerned, to seek help, when the fear of being marginalised is in the mind alone, but when it is a real and existant thing, it is even greater a task for the sufferer.

I think the reality of the situation is that the USA has to make a choice in this matter. Do they wish to deal more firmly, more drastically with the rights of firearms owners, or do they want to deal more drastically with those who are unable to keep thier impulse control issues under thier power? One or the other must change, else these things will continue to happen.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join