It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americans, Isn't It Time You Relinquished Your Weapons.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by ALOSTSOUL
reply to post by MrWendal

You cannot stop anything. People are people but you can defiantly limit the destruction they can do.

ALS

Not necessarily. The State where this event took place has very strict gun laws. Let us suppose you ban all guns. No one has them in the US. It only takes bleach and ammonia to make mustard gas. You can make pipe bombs from things lying around your home. Fill those with nails and you have one heck of a projectile weapon.

So how do you limit the destruction?

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bodhi7
They will be taken anyway. I hate to say it since it JUST happened, but a bunch of kids getting shot seems like the perfect opportunity for gun laws since the typical arguments don't apply. What are we going to do, start arming children?

NO, we start guarding them like we are supposed to. One armed adult in that school would have ended this shooting spree before any children were killed. If not a security guard then a principal with a concealed carry permit.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by xszawe
the only arguement they have is guns dont kill people,stupid people with guns kill
i would rather take my chances against a dumb unarmed person
compared to a dumb guy armed to the teeth with automatic weapons that any army would be proud to have

oh wait they are already illegal! ok

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ALOSTSOUL

Dude. Seriously answer this one question. Why do you think that law abiding citizens giving up their guns will cause the criminals to give up their guns?

In the UK. Citizens don't have guns. Your criminals do have guns and they prey on you like you were meant to be victimized. Taking guns away from you UK citizens did not help stop crime, it only made more victims.

So.. Why on Earth do you think it will help the USA? Do you simply not have any ability to reason? What are they teaching you people? It's not how to think properly that's for sure.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jeremiah65
reply to post by LeatherNLace

Kinda funny of you...are you a

???

You can make bullets with molds and you can make black powder....your idea is about as clever as a screen door on a submarine...
edit on 12/14/2012 by Jeremiah65 because: (no reason given)

Yet, to the average moron wannabe murder, this is common knowledge that can superstitiously go undetected and is easily achievable; correct?.....I think I'll take my chances on this.

When folks give up the defeatist attitude and actually believe, then real change can occur. Until then, let's (as gun owners/defenders of the constitution) keep playing the victim card....after all the constitution is infallible....just look at the "3/5 of a citizen" clause as a shining example of it's unwavering righteousness.

The only way to perpetuate change is to be the change you desire...making excuses does not provide any benefit to the issue at large.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Short answer: No.

Long answer: Don't have one. Refer to the short answer.

This was a random act of violence. Nothing more, nothing less. It's tragic and it's heartbreaking, but it's human nature. No politician will tell me to give up my weapons. Dirt bags will always have weapons regardless if they are legal or not.

-TS

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I have never owned a gun or fired one, but if I lived in a rural area I would want one to protect my family.

There are many ways to kill people banning guns is not going to stop lunatics from killing people.

I agree with other posters that armed security guards in every school would help deal with situations like this.

I want my fellow countrymen armed come the day they want to take all our freedoms at least we will have a chance to fight back.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Hey gun control works, just ask any mass murderer, Moa Tse Tung, Joseph Stalin, Adolph Hitler just to name a few.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Jesus effing Carlin...

Come get um. No seriously,

Come take the gun my grandfather left me. The one he assumed was going to save his family from any number of threats.

Your right, being NOT from America, your opinion means p h u q all.

Keep it to yourself.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   

The solution is to have better gun laws. Over 40% of states do not require background checks. Seems like a good place to start to me.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   

I am doing my best to avoid Ad Hominem attacks relating to your intellect and understanding of reality...so I won't go there.

The criminals will always find a way. And defeatist attitude? I don't know where that came from. I used to be an avid hunter and shooter but now I don't even own a gun...but I will not deny the guy across the street from owning one...or the ammunition.

This is what is called 'mob mentality" and it is the absolute enemy of freedom and liberty. This country and the ideals it stands on were meant to be applied to the many, the few and the one...the majority does not rule here...the law does. You can take your panty crunched up emotions and cram them...
they do not belong in conversations of logic and rational thinking.

There is a reason that slavery was left in the Constitution when it was written. had they put emancipation in it at that time, many of the states would not have joined the union and we would not have defeated England...it was done with the idea "that it was a fight for another day"...our Founding fathers were obviously infinitely wiser and possessing more foresight than you can possibly imagine...or ever hope to possess.

Yes...the Constitution is a not an infallible document, but it is a "living" document. It should be approached with great care and caution. It was made to be changed and added to but not without great effort and considration...and that is exactly how it should remain.

I am not against doing things to get weapons out of the hands of morons and psychos...but you tell me how to do that without infringing on the rights of good, honest and innocent people that have a right to have them and I will listen.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Ok, so you're assuming that because they are illegal, bad people will abide. Outlaw guns so only outlaws have them. Drinking and driving takes a lot of lives, yet alcohol is available about everywhere. I drink but I NEVER drink and drive. I can give you many reasons but the main one is because it's illegal. Ironically I could easily be killed by someone else that chooses to use alcohol in a manner that's dangerous.
I would never shoot an animal, and am even less likely to kill a human. I am very safe with my firearms. How many times have you had a pint or two then jumped in your car? Me? Never.
I have been listening to a lot of people's reactions to this latest shooting. Of course there is the scared old lonely lady that thinks they should be banned but for the most part, people want guns more than ever. 43% of gun purchases here in Colorado are by women (whom have not been involved with any of those 60 some shooting) I just took a concealed carry class, 2/3 of the class were women. Hopefully there is no knee jerk reactions to gun banning, I think it would cause a full on revolution here in the USA.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
My rights are not subject to debate or discussion.

And you believe this to be true? Does the constitution mandate that; or does there exist a protocol, within the framework of the constitution, to change your "right" into a crime? (Rhetorical Q....as we both already know the answer to that).

To all gun owners (which I am one of)....keep being cavalier about the issue; the time is coming with the "pry my fingers" attitude.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Children keep getting killed by drunk drivers. should we relinquish our alcohol and cars??

30k people die yearly in the USA in car fatalities. We should ban cars. OH THE HORROR
edit on 14-12-2012 by votan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   

"submit to the demands of the majority or prepare for the consequences"
excuse me?
The last time I checked this was a Constitutional Republic under the rule of law not a democracy where majority rules, And the law gives the people the Right to keep and bear arms. It isn't up for debate and it isn't changable by executive order.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by tkwasny

Originally posted by LeatherNLace
I side with the constitution on this one. American citizens have the right to own guns. Bullets.....bullets are a different story. I say ban the bullets under federal law. That is a much easier task than amending the constitution and does not require 3/4 of the states to ratify it. Guns are about as valuable as rocks w/o bullets.

Ammo falls under the same protection, as restricting ammo infringes.

NOPE....the constitution makes ZERO mention of ammo....only arms.....BTW, we are all born with 2 arms (connected to 2 fists)....and you have every right to keep the two you were born with....if that ain't enough, then you are a coward. I seem to manage just fine with my intelligence, street-smarts and black belt in Taekwondo.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by cyberiankhatru
Hey gun control works, just ask any mass murderer, Moa Tse Tung, Joseph Stalin, Adolph Hitler just to name a few.

Shining examples of folks who won in the grand scheme of things....let me give you a thumbs up for being man enough to throw a straw man around the debate.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
What do you guys value more, your children or your right to bear arms?

1974 - 2012, School Shootings / Population:

United States - 117 / 311.591.917 ---------- Europe/Canada 29 / 774.000.000

What's the difference, other than the gun laws?

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by tkwasny

I side with the constitution on this one. American citizens have the right to own guns. Bullets.....bullets are a different story. I say ban the bullets under federal law. That is a much easier task than amending the constitution and does not require 3/4 of the states to ratify it. Guns are about as valuable as rocks w/o bullets.

Ammo falls under the same protection, as restricting ammo infringes.

NOPE....the constitution makes ZERO mention of ammo....only arms.....BTW, we are all born with 2 arms (connected to 2 fists)....and you have every right to keep the two you were born with....if that ain't enough, then you are a coward. I seem to manage just fine with my intelligence, street-smarts and black belt in Taekwondo.

Yup.

I don't have the actual court case(s) at my finger tips right now but the ammunition is regarded as a component of "arms". Just as it is also infrigement to prevent the manufacture of gun parts, the transportation of parts or ammo.

The words "well regulated" in the constitution (look up the word regulation) means well trained in the use. This implies that not only should every citizen possess a firearm, but it is the responsibility of the govt. to train them all in their use.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   

60 school shootings since Columbine? Seriously? I must have missed some, about 58 or so. What are you really talking about? Oh right, I know. Everyone here should give up their guns, because guns are bad. Get a grip! People are bad. Period. Guns don't kill people, people do. Guns are tools only, they need someone to operate them. I have owned guns for longer than I can remember. I have never hurt anyone. My guns have minded their own business too. As they had nobody to control them into doing bad things. Don't let the dumb a$$ media blind you to what is real. It takes a person to shoot a gun. Or swing a bat, or a knife. It is true that guns are more efficient. But that should beg the question. Why are there so many mass shootings? What could be the cause of these things? It surely is not guns as they are merely tools. It is something much deeper. Is society that bad, that crazy? or is there something even deeper behind it all? Strange how all the "mass shooters" always end by killing themselves. This is not nearly normal, even for a crazed mind. There must be something deeper behind all this. Maybe some kind of mind control? Or some other influence???

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join