It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americans, Isn't It Time You Relinquished Your Weapons.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ALOSTSOUL

I started training my children in RESPONSIBLE gun safety, and handling.

No its not time to relinquished my weapons. But its time to have Police make a presence around, and in schools daily.

Today is such a sad day. That doesnt change the fact that there are crazies willing to do whatever they want to do. People kill. People will find ANY means to kill.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Read your post and off the top...you're not American so please move along....and take your opinions with you.

That being rather huffily said...you need to listen to something...

Would you rather see a nation incapable of defending themselves against foreign invaders or intelligent people with firearms? In Switzerland, nearly every single household has a firearm. A thug considering breaking and entering doesn't have to wonder if there is a gun present...he knows it.

I think...and man this is going to tick off some of the right...that in order to own a firearm, you must be trained and certified in it's use. You have to get a license to drive a car...another dangerous implement...why not a firearm.

I was raised on a farm...I had my own gun at age 12...a .410 shotgun for squirrel and rabbit hunting. BUT! Our local 4-H group along with the Dept of Natural resources (The game wardens) offered summer classes on shooting and gun safety. I was not allowed to use my gun or go hunting until I took the classes...and this was coming up in a family of hunters and shooters where I had been around them my entire life. I have since taken many shooting classes for different types of firearms. Not because I didn't know how they worked or how to use them but to be a little better with them...and a little smarter.

It starts with education. Teaching people what they (the firearms) do...how to use them and...most important...that once you point and pull the trigger, it is done....you cannot "undo" that...you cannot hit the restart button and go back one level of the game...it is done and it is final.

I can understand the cry for the regulation of certain firearms and I can completely understand the push back. The point of a "well armed" militia is to be able to stand ground...if the "enemy" is overwhelmingly equipped...you don't have a chance. So...many have wanted to keep the door open for assault/military style weaponry. I am somewhat against this...in a way. I see how they are mis-used but I understand the rationality of why they cannot be taken off the table for citizen ownership. You don't want to bring a knife to a gun fight.

But...as a hunter and a tracker for years (including bow hunting and camouflage)...I would not want someone like me in the woods with a Winchester Model 70 30-06 or Weatherby mark V 7mm magnum and a 3x9 scope putting the crosshairs one me...especially within 500 yards.

The point there was...the most dangerous of us are not the one that can spray the most lead...the most dangerous of all is the "sniper"...or the hunter. Assault weapons and handguns are not absolutely necessary to defend or protect. Our country was won with Kentucky Long rifles and squirrel guns. An invading army would suffer more loss from the experienced hunter 500 yards away with a hunting rifle than they would close fire with handguns and assault rifles.

Just my opinion as an "American"...therfore entitled to an opinion....others...not so much
edit on 12/14/2012 by Jeremiah65 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Americans, Isn't It Time You Relinquished Your Weapons

No geez hard time keepin up with these kind of threads today.

edit on 14-12-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
One thing that people who keep posting don't seem to understand at least in my mind, is in North America we have the highest rate world wide of children on drugs that affect your brain, we also have the highest rate of teenagers and young adults on some sort of Anti-depressant or A.D.D drugs, as they become adults we have the highest rate of people who have continued to use anti-depresants. I'm sorry but we have a "psyco" society problem. We have a perscription make you effing crazy from the drugs problem, and the quick fix different drugs to make the kids less crazy from the last drug.

Sure ban guns but people will stab you ban knives, they'll stab you with a fork, its not the objetcs its the people and as I said we have a society, people, social problem as one mod said hug a kid today, hug your friends & family, talk to a stranger who isn't smiling, don't let people face anything alone anymore. Cause as much as we like to push people out and be our own people were all in this together and it will never get better unless we all start to care enough about one and other and are the helping hand and shoulder to lean on to help some people get through what may be hampering them.

SaneThinking

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Yes...the police state needs to make it's presence in the schools and parks and inner city slums....I agree. Instead, most of the time they are patrolling the wealthy neighborhoods....either protecting their assetts or looking to write tickets to get more money...

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
Americans, Isn't It Time You Relinquished Your Weapons

No geez hard time keepin up with these kind of threads today.

edit on 14-12-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

Sensationalizing a tragedy...........

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

They are good at that instant media never letting a "good crisis" go to waste.

I haven't killed anyone so why should I give a damn thing up?

Of course they can't answer that.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Nothing like chaos out of order, or Laymans terms; a really good focusing event to allow for legislation that is just biting at the bit per se to be instituted into legislation. Sheesh another thread, Yikes

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Jeremiah65

Ah forget it.

After reading your first line. I am giving up on caring about the safety of your people.

Goodbye, I'm gonna give ATS a wide birth for a while.

ALS

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by davjan4

During the Revoltionary War 95% of the Colonists were "sheep" and the balance...."wolves".

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I am in too much of a rush to give the reply properly.
edit on 14-12-2012 by Marid Audran because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by CosmicCitizen

Make that Patriot Wolves.....
Fighting the "Redcoat" wolves.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I side with the constitution on this one. American citizens have the right to own guns. Bullets.....bullets are a different story. I say ban the bullets under federal law. That is a much easier task than amending the constitution and does not require 3/4 of the states to ratify it. Guns are about as valuable as rocks w/o bullets.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Please America start thinking about gun control!

guns, knives, wooden bats, sticks & stones don't kill people........................

PEOPLE kill People..

if it was a wooden bat.. should we ban those too?~!

but.. you see.. everyone seems to forget .. about 20 years ago .. bombings were happening in the UK .. did they ban bombs then ?? was there a ban on guns at that time..

now .. I'm not a Brit .. but,, I think you REALLY need to re-think you're statement..

isn't it interesting that the nation for the last bastion of Civil Rights this is happening too ... mostly ..

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Fine...Am I not allowed to express my distaste for people's opinions where they are not even directly involved? You speak as if you are here and you are not...

Yes...this tragedy today and other tragedies are just that. Terrible acts of violence and cruelty. I do not and will not ever condone willful, predatory violence of any sort. But I do believe in self defense and sustenance. If you would have read the balance of my post you would have seen I lightened up a little bit. Yes many of us ARE hunters and we know something that you do not. A term "slipepry slope" gets used a lot and this is an example of it. You see, we know our Gov and our fellow citizen sheep. If you take away this type of firearm today...then it will be another...then another...then another. The maybe they'll go for Crossbows and compounds...leaving us to throw rocks or jump out of trees with knives...then they'll go for the knives and forks.

We know our fellow citizen sheep. They respond with their hearts and their emotions and not with their capacity for reason and rational thought. Those guns today were operated by a very sick human being. The "guns" did not leap out of a backpack and start firing on their own...a very sick human did that. Had he not had them and still wanted to do terrible things...maybe he would have used a shotgun...if those were banned...a sword or a knife...the point is and it has been said in this argument a million times over the years...a sick mind will find a way to inflict pain and violence...they will use home-made bombs or sledgehammers...gonna outlaw hammers next?

Removing a particular implement of destruction does not and never will eliminate the destruction. The sick mind will just find another way.

ETA...the Lame stream media has not even mentioned the Chinese slayings of 22 children when discussing this particular tragedy. Are you not wondering why? It is because there is an agenda in the works here. The Chinese slayings were done with a knife. Some of us "get it"...they want to remove our ability to defend ourselves so that the mega corporations that feed the sheep the news can take this place over and no one can fight back....

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Pretty much sums it up.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by LeatherNLace

Kinda funny of you...are you a

???

You can make bullets with molds and you can make black powder....your idea is about as clever as a screen door on a submarine...

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Living in a Constitutional Republic:
My rights are not subject to debate or discussion.
You Brits have the Magna Carta (so do Americans by heritage)
Do you not hold it's words to be sacred or important enough to abide by?
edit on 14-12-2012 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-12-2012 by Asktheanimals because: added comment

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Strapping a bomb to your back and walking into a crowd of school children like they do in Iraq is no different. Machette attacks in African back woods regions are no different.

Blaming the tools instead of the operator. There is always poisons into the water supply. How about arson on a locked down school or church?

There will always be madmen and madmen will find a way to murder. Time to face the horrid reality that you have no power over the behaviors of others.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeatherNLace
I side with the constitution on this one. American citizens have the right to own guns. Bullets.....bullets are a different story. I say ban the bullets under federal law. That is a much easier task than amending the constitution and does not require 3/4 of the states to ratify it. Guns are about as valuable as rocks w/o bullets.

Ammo falls under the same protection, as restricting ammo infringes.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join