It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apparently some of us have learned NOTHING.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I find it very disturbing to read about, and see on television, people preparing for disaster by stockpiling weapons, ammunition and supplies. Isn't this the same material we built our current house of horrors from?
Weapons are tools of the weak and making plans in advance to hoard is selfish and stupid.
Pawn your guns and buy some first aid supplies and blankets, the wall of thankful people around you will protect you much better than any weapon.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Trublbrwing

Who are you to tell others what to do with their lives? Who died and made you queen?

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   

I live in the UK and have weapons (Just in case) (not illegal btw) because a band aid is not going to help me fight off a Zombie is it?

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I do agree that having tons of first-aid kits would be more useful than guns. However I would feel much safer holding a gun than a bunch of band aids
Edit: fuuuuu boy monkey!!!
edit on 10-12-2012 by Chinvenzo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Chinvenzo

Great minds eh lol

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   

People respond as their society has taught them to respond.

We do not live in a vacuum, we live in a culture.

When your own Police and Federal LEAs become clones of historical organizations such as the Gestapo etc you respond by being prepared to defend yourself.

Self preservation is our primary drive. Always has been, always will be.

You also need weapons to take down game animals, but you probably do not need an AR15 for that.

P

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trublbrwing
Weapons are tools of the weak and making plans in advance to hoard is selfish and stupid.

It's not stupid to prepare for the worse, no matter what they are preparing for, if anything. I wish I could prepare for a disaster, and your parents probably prepared for disasters in their hayday.

A simple form is boarding up your home here in Florida. Are these people stupid? There isn't a 100% chance that a hurricane will hit yet these 'stupid' people are boarding up their homes? How idiotic. Taking all your money out of your bank account? There isn't a 100% chance your bank will fail, stupid people. Oh my goodness, is she...is she... praying for her husband's safe return from Iraq? There is not a 100% chance he will die, what a stupid housewife.

/blatantsarcasm

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Yeah, you go ahead and see how far your band-aids and blankets get you when reality comes bashing in your door and puts a couple rounds in your forehead.

You are being naive, and someone is going to have you for breakfast.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Watch a film called the road and come back saying we do not need weapons.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
What about weapons for the purpose of hunting? I'd say that's pretty reasonable.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by watchitburn

You may be more spot on with that statement than you know.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   

I find it very disturbing to read about, and see on television, people preparing for disaster by stockpiling weapons, ammunition and supplies. Isn't this the same material we built our current house of horrors from?
Pawn your guns and buy some first aid supplies and blankets, the wall of thankful people around you will protect you much better than any weapon.

This is denial of what it means to be human. Throughout history we have proven that there will always be humans with a hunger for power. We can't get away from this fact. And, greed - without guns I guarantee you that there will be those that will take your stuff from you. It's just human nature; sad, but undeniable.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I find it more disturbing and selfish of you to even start this rant. Long story short, what if the SHTF and I kick your door to loot your belongings and point a gun to your face cause I'm prepared. Are you?... Scenarios like these deter us of our moralities, and kick start our survival instincts. It's a good idea to be prepared for any situation, unless you don't mind being a pawn in the long run. Live in the now, be prepared for the future.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I have no guns, I hate the pigging things, they could be considered equivalent to fast food, and frankly pretty much designed for a singular purpose, AKA to kill, and so easily.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

I ask this in all seriousness. Have you considered rocket science?

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by PrplHrt
reply to post by smurfy

I ask this in all seriousness. Have you considered rocket science?

Not really, but that is about ballistics in general, not weaponry. I can't separate one from the other, just the way it is used.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   

So then, you must be planning on other people to feed you rather than be reliant on yourself. Although that's a pretty common theme these days, it might not work in a SHTF scenario when the government is not taking such good care of you. I mean, your food stamps aren't going to work, though maybe you can eat your EBT card for a little roughage.

You are right, though. Weapons are a tool of the weak. For example, they can make a weak 120 pound woman equal to a strong 200 pound man. Not such a bad deal if you ask me.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by PrplHrt

Who are you to tell others what to do with their lives? Who died and made you queen?

Yet more proof that the pipes need to be snaked clean.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chinvenzo
I do agree that having tons of first-aid kits would be more useful than guns. However I would feel much safer holding a gun than a bunch of band aids
Edit: fuuuuu boy monkey!!!
edit on 10-12-2012 by Chinvenzo because: (no reason given)

Who holds the gun while you sleep?
Who breaks first in your group when the food runs out?
How long before some REALLY bad people come looking for your guns?

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by watchitburn

Yeah, you go ahead and see how far your band-aids and blankets get you when reality comes bashing in your door and puts a couple rounds in your forehead.

I am far from "naive" and more than capable of defending myself without a weapon. Unplug the video game and quit talking like a savage.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join