It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dmitry Medvedev (Prime Minister of Russia): Aliens exist... or jokes ?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Dmitry Medvedev muses on Aliens

www.telegraph.co.uk...

Here the video: video.repubblica.it...

I'm looking for You Tube video.

Mr Medvedev let his guard down after an interview with five Russian television stations when he failed to realise the cameras were still rolling.
"I believe in Father Frost. But not too deeply. But anyway, you know, I'm not one of those people who are able to tell the kids that Father Frost does not exist," he said in a jovial reply to a question about Russia's equivalent of Santa Claus.
He went on to make an unflattering allusion to Putin's frequent lateness for meetings.
"Colleagues, somebody should be extremely punctual, while somebody else is exhausting all the limits for being late," he said, smiling wryly on a day when his mentor was more than an hour late for an event in southern Russia.
The comments touched off satire on the internet which is unlikely to help Mr Medvedev, whose star has waned since Mr Putin took over from him as president in May after a four-year interval.
In the interview itself, Mr Medvedev underlined his allegiance to Mr Putin and appeared determined to show he is in step with his ally to dismiss rumours he is about to be fired.
Mr Medvedev defended Kremlin-backed laws which critics say will be used to stifle dissent and which appear out of sync with the prime minister's relatively liberal image.

But in the off-air comments, he was less guarded.

When one of the five journalists who interviewed him complained about federal investigators arriving to search the home of a witness in an inquiry early in the morning, Mr Medvedev told the journalist not to worry before stepping out of shot.

But his microphone was still switched on when he said casually: "They are just jerks, so they come at eight in the morning. It's just their set of habits. I know many people who work in the police. They think if they come at seven in the morning they will get everything in the world."

Another of the journalists asked whether the president is handed secret files on aliens when receiving the briefcase needed to activate Russia's nuclear arsenal.

"Along with the briefcase with nuclear codes, the president of the country is given a special 'top secret' folder. This folder in its entirety contains information about aliens who visited our planet," Mr Medvedev answered playfully (Note: I don't see this "playfully").

"Along with this, you are given a report of the absolutely secret special service that exercises control over aliens on the territory of our country ... More detailed information on this topic you can get from a well-known movie called 'Men In Black' ... I will not tell you how many of them are among us because it may cause panic," he says.

None of the television stations that interviewed Mr Medvedev broadcast the off-air comments, but they were delivered to Reuters as a pool signal and some were shown on YouTube.

Mr Medvedev's standing has declined since he and Putin announced in September last year that the former KGB spy planned to return to the presidency, ending speculation his protege could stay on.

edit on 8-12-2012 by theitalian because: (no reason given)

Mod Note: Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First. ***ALL Members Read!***
edit on 8-12-2012 by Rising Against because: Added important mod note.

Mod Edit: External Source Tags Instructions – Please Review This Link.
edit on 8/12/2012 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by theitalian

So far only the Telegraph is reporting it so what are the odds of it being anything other than legitimate?

Santa is fake
but Aliens amongst us are real

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 04:46 AM
link   

According to the article he was joking about alien related classified information...

He really didn't say aliens exist. He said it "playfully." I interpreted this as clear sarcasm.

Or am I missing something?
edit on 12/8/2012 by PatrickGarrow17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

So far only the Telegraph is reporting it so what are the odds of it being anything other than legitimate?

Santa is fake
but Aliens amongst us are real

There's a video that i've posted.

Originally posted by PatrickGarrow17

According to the article he was joking about alien related classified information...

He really didn't say aliens exist.

Or am I missing something?

I'm not so sure he was joking... are you sure?

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 04:51 AM
link   
sounds like he was joking.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 04:52 AM
link   

While it's an interesting and fun comment, the comment shouldn't be taken too literally or seriously, which, unfortunately, it likely will.

In all probability the comment on aliens was a playful bit of jive, especially so in context with mention of the MIB movies.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla

While it's an interesting and fun comment, the comment shouldn't be taken too literally or seriously, which, unfortunately, it likely will.

In all probability the comment on aliens was a playful bit of jive, especially so in context with mention of the MIB movies.

Well, i've edited the title but... i'm not so sure about playfully.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 04:58 AM
link   
So Men In Black is an accurate depiction of the world around us. Check. What about Hancock, Will Smith was in that one too? Can I get drunken super abilities or no?

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
So Men In Black is an accurate depiction of the world around us. Check. What about Hancock, Will Smith was in that one too? Can I get drunken super abilities or no?

Medved don't said that our world is exactly like Men in Black, maybe he's joking on that...

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by theitalian

Medved don't said that our world is exactly like Men in Black, maybe he's joking on that...

I started a thread on this, but you beat me to it by 4 minutes.

I am open to your interpretation of this. It doesn't sound to me like he is joking, up to the point he mentions Men in Black. This could just be a way to change the topic.

Listen to him when he talks about this in the video I linked in my thread. Here it is again. The part about the aliens is from 0:42 to 1:32 :

video

The news report I linked to in my thread comes from one of the major serious news outlets in Belgium, and they are not reporting this as a joke. That's not to say that they are correctly interpreting it, but still.

I'll be watching this for more info before I make up my mind.

soulwaxer
edit on 8-12-2012 by soulwaxer because: ETA

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by soulwaxer

I am open to your interpretation of this. It doesn't sound to me like he is joking, up to the point he mentions Men in Black. This could just be a way to change the topic.

Or it could be joking, highlighted by the popular culture movie reference.

Not surprising after a president of a local small territory recently made a stink about aliens.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by soulwaxer

The news report I linked to in my thread comes from one of the major serious news outlets in Belgium, and they are not reporting this as a joke. That's not to say that they are correctly interpreting it, but still.

soulwaxer

Yep, i'm agree with you.
When i've seen the video i just thinked: He looks serious, not so joking.

But, i don't know...

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 05:28 AM
link   
I am inclined to believe this was intentional and not 'off the cuff" because he thought that the mic was off.
He knew it was on.

I mean look at what the reporter asked. What a stupid lead in question. What reporter asks about nuclear
codes and aliens in the same breath?

It seemed a nonsequitur to me. Therefore staged, for a purpose.
Aliens is mentioned in The Report from Iron Mountain as a means to lead to One World Government.
The we must all join together to fight our mutual enemy gambit.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 05:30 AM
link   

soulwaxer

Yep, i'm agree with you.
When i've saw the video i just thinked: He looks serious, not so joking.

But, i don't know...

He is off camera while talking about the aliens. I added a link in my post above.

soulwaxer

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Actually, Mr. Medvedev was answering questions about his watch, his cat, Christmas presents, Santa Claus, how to quit smoking, etc. The reporters thanked him for the excellent interview. There was not a single word about extraterrestrials or nuclear weapons. You guys should adjust your BS indicators

edit on 8-12-2012 by mrkeen because: fixed link

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrkeen
Actually, Mr. Medvedev was answering questions about his watch, his cat, Christmas presents, Santa Claus, how to quit smoking, etc. The reporters thanked him for the excellent interview. There was not a single word about extraterrestrials or nuclear weapons. You guys should adjust your BS indicators. They are a bit off

edit on 8-12-2012 by mrkeen because: (no reason given)

Someone have reported that he talks about Aliens, now i've posted the video in first post and waiting for some russian that can help us to translate what Mr. Medvedev say off-mic.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Actually, Mr. Medvedev was answering questions about his watch, his cat, Christmas presents, Santa Claus, how to quit smoking, etc. The reporters thanked him for the excellent interview. There was not a single word about extraterrestrials or nuclear weapons. You guys should adjust your BS indicators

The part where he talks about the aliens comes after your video ends. There is a further discussion off camera in a different room.

There are 3 parts to this interview session:

1. A one and a half hour live formal interview of Medvedev by 5 tv stations, on camera and on the air.
2. A lighthearted discussion with a lot of joking, on camera but off the air. Medvedev is reportedly not aware that the camera's are still rolling, hence the negative talk about Putin.
3. A further discussion in another room or at least another location in the studio, off camera but microphone on. The part of this that I showed in my video seems to be serious and is also the part where he talks about aliens.

I find that people are jumping the gun way too fast on this one, this being ATS after all. The context of this story is very important, to say the least, and it has not nearly been thoroughly presented. Why not wait for more info?

soulwaxer
edit on 8-12-2012 by soulwaxer because: ETA

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 06:04 AM
link   

The part where he talks about the aliens comes after your video ends. There is a further discussion off camera in a different room.

I find that people are jumping the gun way too fast on this one, this being ATS after all. The context of this story is very important, to say the least, and it has not nearly been thoroughly presented. Why not wait for more info?

soulwaxer

Yeah soulwaxer.
I'm just thinking: Nobody watch the video i've posted?

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Cause telling journalist about secret aliens stuff, and think that they won't tell anyone else, is a smart move....I think not

Clearly a joke

edit on 8-12-2012 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-12-2012 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 06:23 AM
link   
This is not a joke. Russians do not joke like that. Medvedev is not drunken like Yeltsin.
Neither the Norway-Russian spiral was a joke, on Dec 9, 2009.
What is the next move on the way to Disclosure?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join