It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Collaboration in Gaza Leads to Grisly Fate

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by stevcolx
I don't trust Hamas. And I certainly don't think they are in it for the Palestinians.

When Hamas fired Rockets into Israel I was busy wondering why the hell people would fire pissy rockets at a far superior aggressor? It was like throwing firecrackers at a Tank. What is the point. They asked to be attacked by Israel.

Then came the Israeli Zionists throwing nasty big weapons back that killed nearly 200 people. Then I also heard a news report saying that Hamas also fired rockets at an aid convoy stopping 80 % of the aid trucks getting to the Palestinians and blocking the crossing. So what was the point of that?

It's as if Hamas are working for the Zionists. Or at least it looks that way.

I know, what is the point of going up against the US? Its not like anyone will conquer it, right? The palestinians should just accept their fate and rest in peace. Syrians and Libyans should just accept their fate and die in peace. Die without trying. I mean whats the point? Scum isreal rules. isreal are the chosen and the US believes that if they protect the chosen god will accept them into heaven. The world should just bow to the powers of isreal because they are soooo special, honest and just love everyone around them. They spend their money supporting animal rights. They spend their money helping poverty stricken countries. When you see a picture of people helping people you see more isrealis than any other group. isrealis aren't selfish jews, their god is.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by xXxinfidelxXx

I served in the IDF I know how it works, and we never cut anyone down with heavy machine gun fire. If you did your job and kept the peace none of that would have happened. Both the arabs and the IDF just laugh when we a blue helmet. I still have a T shirt which depicts a UN helmet as a a tortoise on it's back. I'm sorry you were forced to be so impotent. I have also travelled extensively especially the sinia and know many bedouin. I'm pretty sure my experience from the inside out ways your standing by and watching. By the way I don't know if you were at the pig roast I was invited to by UN soldiers but if you were thanks for a great night, I bred the pigs on kibbutz Lahav.

As for a few home made munitions, you are aware damn near 1000 rockets supplied by Iran were used in the last flare up ?

Well I served in Lebonan as as you will well know the Israeli's were welcomed with flowers and olive branches when they routed the PLO from there. I make no excuses for staying' that was the choice of that madman Ariel Sharon. However I do know first hand that we were under very specific orders about not involving civilians as far as possible and if possible preserve the mosques, hence hamas hiding weapons in mosques and schools etc.

edit on 4-12-2012 by cody599 because: You tube failiure

edit on 4-12-2012 by cody599 because: The usual

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Not so sure the USA is as invicible as you asuume.
I reckon China would give you one hell of a run for your money.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

Now who's spouting propaganda? I did my job to the best of my ability. You do realize that our peacekeepers are only there under a chapter 6.5 mandate which means they can only return fire if fired upon. When they see someone committing atrocities (be it the Lebanese or Palestinian Hamas or Hezbollah, or the IDF) all we could do was send it up the COC. Those T-shirts would be funny if it wasn't so true. The sad thing is, UN service is glorified in my country, when, in reality, it's the biggest corporate clusterf ck I have ever had to work in. I still don't agree with your numbers, but the propaganda pile on both sides is so deep we'll never know the entire truth between both sides. The only thing I know is that you guys started the problem and Hamas is a retaliatory regime that has been so emboldened by their (almost justified) hatred of Israel that they have attempted to go on the offensive for the last while. I do not wish to argue whether their hatred is justified as hate is wrong regardless of where it comes from, but when you look at both sides of the coin, you realize that one side is a bit dirtier, if that makes any sense..
edit on 4/12/2012 by xXxinfidelxXx because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
reply to post by Spike Spiegle

Bull Biscuits!

Actions speak louder than words my friend.

I'll find a news Story about Israel and Palestine, make sure both are equal at condemning said nations, and I'll make sure to post them at the same time.

Rogar that

Just so you can know I'm neutral

SS

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Then with all due respect we'll agree to disagree, all I can tell you is that I kept my troops under control at all times. We respected the indiginous population. I understand hamas's frustration but as a soldier I'm sure you'll agree. When I put on my uniform I made a concious choice to be a target, and fight for what I believe in. At least I got the chance. In Lebonan the 'enemy' wore a uniform and made the same choice.
In Gaza (I lost half my left thumb and my best soldier in an IED incident there) and hold no animosity to the palistinians for it. However the cowards that hide behind children and refuse to identify themselves deserve every thing they get IMHO.
Respect

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   

I apologize for my insults earlier.
Sometimes my passion for peace backfires and starts a war

No offence meant.
Respect
edit on 4-12-2012 by cody599 because: Ommited respect

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by xXxinfidelxXx
reply to post by cody599

Ummm....you do realize that Hamas is the only democratically elected government in all of the middle-east......right? Guess not.

So when did Israel cease to be a democracy? Last time I checked they were still in the Middle East and democratic...

Also, you do realize that Hamas came to power through threats, intimidation, and violence... right? Guess not.
They would shoot their political opponents in the knees and throw them off the nearest building... Pretty easy to win an election when nobody will run against you...

How many democratically elected governments that you know of that drag bodies through the streets behind a motorcycle?
Great guys running things there in Gaza.

edit on 4-12-2012 by CommandoJoe because: typo

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by CommandoJoe

Got any evidence for those claims of yours. Sounds alot to me like a straw-man argument. You think the Israelis don't do any of that? If you do, you need to reevaluate your sources. Israel is about as much of a democracy as the States, which isn't saying much. Now, you obviously haven't been paying attention so here's a synopsis of the point I'm making: There are bastards on both sides, but Israel gave the Palestinians no other choice than to turn to Hamas for protection. In their desperation they turned to a truly evil organization for protection. All else is bunk as far as I'm concerned. You can try to justify the actions of Israel all you want, but at the end of the day they were still wrong for pushing Arabs off of their land without compensation and herding them into the massive ghettoes that we now know as Gaza and the West Bank.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by xXxinfidelxXx
reply to post by CommandoJoe

Got any evidence for those claims of yours. Sounds alot to me like a straw-man argument. You think the Israelis don't do any of that? If you do, you need to reevaluate your sources. Israel is about as much of a democracy as the States, which isn't saying much. Now, you obviously haven't been paying attention so here's a synopsis of the point I'm making: There are bastards on both sides, but Israel gave the Palestinians no other choice than to turn to Hamas for protection. In their desperation they turned to a truly evil organization for protection. All else is bunk as far as I'm concerned. You can try to justify the actions of Israel all you want, but at the end of the day they were still wrong for pushing Arabs off of their land without compensation and herding them into the massive ghettoes that we now know as Gaza and the West Bank.

Hamas killing political foes Gunmen linked to Hamas in Gaza killed at least 32 Palestinians and wounded dozens in attacks on political opponents and alleged informers during and after Israel’s recent operation, Human Rights Watch said Monday. 18 Palestinians were killed by Hamas during the three-week war, and 14 others were killed afterward. In addition, 49 Gazans were shot in the legs by masked gunmen between Dec. 28 and Jan. 31, and 73 had their arms or legs broken. (Arab News-Saudi Arabia)

www.palwatch.org...

www.huffingtonpost.com...

www.mfa.gov.il...

www.eyeontheun.org...

ivarfjeld.wordpress.com...

news.bbc.co.uk...

From Wikipedia:

In June 2007 Hamas fighters took control of the Gaza Strip[3] and removed Fatah officials. The ICRC estimated that at least 118 people were killed and more than 550 wounded during the fighting in the week up to June 15.[4]

I could go on, but LMGTFY

I don't agree with everything Israel does, but they don't go around kneecapping their political enemies - they just badmouth each other... If they were anything at all like Hamas, there wouldn't be Arabs holding political office in Israel, and there wouldn't be 1.5m Arab Israeli citizens living peacefully in Israel - they would all be dead.
Israel is the only place in the region that I would want to live in right now. It's the safest, most stable, most advanced, civilized, cheap/fast internet & cell service, and don't get me started on the women...

It's December and a few days ago it was still 80F at the beach! Although I bet the locals think I'm crazy for wearing shorts & t-shirt in December as they are all starting to bundle up in jackets at whatnot. But I'm originally from Oregon, so even though it's starting to cool down and rain a little, it's paradise compared to what I'm used to this time of year...
The drivers are pretty bad here though, but nothing like the chaos in Cairo...

Things are pretty quiet in the West Bank and have been for quite a while - because Hamas is not in power there, so obviously there is a choice and the West bank is better off as a result of theirs...

Hamas is a huge part of the problem and as long as they are in power I don't think there will ever be lasting peace in Gaza.

I hope you can agree with me on at least this point: There is no perfect government - they are all corrupt and do some bad things... Just some of them do more bad than others... And in my opinion, Hamas wins that one hands down.

Is it OK for Native Americans to start attacking US citizens from their reservations? They were treated pretty bad by the US government over the years... How long do you think US citizens, let alone the US government would put up with that? Not years like the Israeli's have had to endure rocket attacks from Gaza..

Many like to throw around the phrase that Hamas is the "Democratically Elected" government in Gaza, but a lot of countries (Even yours) classify them as a terrorist organization, and to me that is all they will ever be. Sorry, but I take issue with people that try to kill me on a regular basis. I've done nothing to any Palestinians or Hamas, but you can bet they would greatly celebrate the killing of this American living in Israel.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join