It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you noticed the backtracking from 'end of the world' to 'a new age' ?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by DarkSecret

Why even participate in this forum when you don't know what you're talking about? Your tantrums are an embarrassment to those of us who actually grasp the subject matter.

Come back with a better attitude, maybe you won't humiliate yourself. I'm trying to be nice here, but I've never liked kids. They get too big for their breeches, and then they make a fool of themselves trying to do things beyond their skill level.

Study entropy, read a dictionary, get caught up on the idea of a "theory" in relation to the Big Bang, and then come back and discuss this like an actual adult. I'll be waiting.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by bknapple32
If you asked people back in 2006 or even 2008, most who believe in Dec 21, 2012 would have mostly said its the end of the world. But now lately that sentiment seems to have shifted to "it will be a new spiritual awakening'.

I've always believed that. I think most energy spiritual people have always believed it was about energy evolvement/changes.

Its mostly the conspiracists and some fundamentalists - - - who believe or want to believe in 12-21-2012 as the end of the world.

edit on 26-11-2012 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Let me ask this question...

If the world was to end right this second like the flipping of a light switch.

How would anyone even know?

I think there is lots of energies in the universe that we are not aware of and have not idea what they can do.

We can't even get to the bottom of occultism so what makes people think we have the answers to the powers in the universe that we have not even witnessed yet.

edit on 26-11-2012 by knowledgedesired because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Absolutely. I have always hoped that 2012 would bring an evolution of spirituality, where we find it easier to tune into the cosmic balance so we see exactly what effects our actions and thoughts have on those around us. It makes compassion and empathy a lot easier to develop, which promotes global unity and understanding...everything follows from there.

Of course, if that doesn't work out, then a global apocalypse may turn out to be necessary. If you can't convert a virus, then destroy it. And at this point in time, isn't the term 'virus' rather apt for our species? Personally, I'm hoping the universe is smart and tough enough to eliminate our poison.
edit on 26-11-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by Annee

Absolutely. I have always hoped that 2012 would bring an evolution of spirituality, where we find it easier to tune into the cosmic balance so we see exactly what effects our actions and thoughts have on those around us. It makes compassion and empathy a lot easier to develop, which promotes global unity and understanding...everything follows from there.

Of course, if that doesn't work out, then a global apocalypse may turn out to be necessary. If you can't convert a virus, then destroy it. And at this point in time, isn't the term 'virus' rather apt for our species? Personally, I'm hoping the universe is smart and tough enough to eliminate our poison.

I totally agree with you. I think everything is energy - - that physical is manifested from energy. That there are other physical beings besides ourselves - - - kind of in a layered effect from the original creation (not Creation) billions of years in the making.

I think the War in Heaven was a real war over political control of earth/humans. Maybe there was 2 plans - one of Free Will and one of Control. Suppose there was a timeline on the first plan and if it didn't work - - then the second plan would be put into effect.

I believe positive energy and evolving humans into a higher level of spiritual energy is essential.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

I'm thinking the people in those early ages found out how to connect with other planes, and as a result, a bunch of doorways were opened and the resulting conflicts kind of threw everything in the air. After that, someone in one of the higher vibrational planes decided to close it all down until we become ready to intermingle again.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

I'm thinking the people in those early ages found out how to connect with other planes, and as a result, a bunch of doorways were opened and the resulting conflicts kind of threw everything in the air. After that, someone in one of the higher vibrational planes decided to close it all down until we become ready to intermingle again.

Yeah - - I do believe there could be an energy generated "veil" - - - we can't see more then we are suppose to.

I honestly believe becoming a unified world is essential to evolving.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
This is because most people first heard of the date due to some doom hype somewhere... especially TV shows, movies, or internet forums/email chains. Sometimes a direct friend/family who is new to it and still in the early stages of trying to understand and gets them all scared, etc.

So their introduction is usually from that direction (for better and worse).

Then as most people move through the information available and perspectives offered, the end of the world idea falls away. Similar to how children's bible stories fall away as a person grows older and learns more, reads more, meets more people and perspectives, etc.

There is a natural progression toward the more positive perspectives as the person's fears disappear and understanding appears.

This is a good thing to see happening. Why fall to the assumption it is "backtracking"?

Read discussions of scientists in centuries past... they go into some pretty far out directions that are absolutely wrong in their path towards finding out what is really going on that winds up being "right".

Also: Perhaps view it like transitioning from a person terrified to go into a haunted house to someone who isn't even startled. Most people start out in the subject on the "scared" end because it also usually comes at a time when they are realizing a lot of things they thought they knew aren't true (government, family, religion, whatever).
edit on 26-11-2012 by ErgoTheConclusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by DarkSecret

The life after death experiences have been well documented not because people expressed the bright light but because these people could hear and see things with their eyes covered by a bed sheet nad some on the operating table who were able to know things not spoken and not within their line of sight .One report said one of these people even moved between rooms and saw their people in waiting room when the news was given . There was enough evidence for Doctors to gamble their credibility and start research . There has been study where doctors concluded that the Soul has nothing to do with the brain and does not die with the brain . But what do they know ?

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Great question. You are noticing people repeating propaganda. It stems from the term sustainable development. People are being brainwashed into a new religion. Find out where sustainable development comes from and you'll find the root of new age brainwashing preparing us for agenda 21. They want us to revere nature over all else and hand it over to them to protect. You'll notice it always involves talk of too many people in the world or people ruining the world or people as parasites. See also, GA guidestones, ted turner, who funds PBS, captain planet.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

You have trouble with the big bang theory because it has 'gaping holes' in it. But you posit this above with absolutely no shred of scientific backing? I don't get it. Perhaps you don't accept the big bang theory because it doesn't go along with your own theories that have no scientific merit behind it. Which is neither here nor there really. It's your prerogative to reject science if you want I suppose.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

A question for you to ponder . If the big bang theory had merit , where did it occur in time and space .And how many other events like it has happened . Then where did the material come from. I submit that man has only back engineered some of his creation and like a child relates to his parents , thinks he has surpassed their abilities .Many times we don't know the right questions , how could we know the answers ? And like the God creation of the bible that many find unbelievable , could we humans actually take or understand the truth ?

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32
I predict that on December 21, 2012 one cycle of fad end-of-the-world paranoia will end and the next one will begin.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join