It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TriHealth fires 150 employees for not getting flu shots

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by hellobruce

Originally posted by TiredofControlFreaks
Some employers now require job applicants to take a cotinin test prior to employment to ensure that they are non-smokers and don't use any kind of quit smoking aid that contains nicotene

What is wrong with companies not wanting to hire drug addicts?

Well, not sure but that probably would disqualify the larger portion of society being as the intent nowdays is to get as many people as possible addicted to as many drugs as possible and it's been a major success. Who would be left to work, machines?

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
People really need to band against this, this is just the start of medical fascism for profit and sickness creation, this attempted forced sales of 'lucky rabbits feet', is NOT based in science but instead profits. I personaly don't need any extra mercury injected into my body, (sorry personally witnessed a paralysis from Guillian Barre effects of flu shot injection) or aluminum, or Triton, or formaldihyde, you people that think that's going to make you 'healthy' LOl go for it,leave the rest of us the "H alone, People you need to STOP this now, don't let these facists force you to inject 25ul of mercury, Thimerosal by iteslf is bad enough, mercury or aluminum or formaldihyde won't HELP your immune system, get some sun and vitamin D and some iodine, and all of your B vitamins and C and tell those witch doctors to get the F away!!!
edit on 26-11-2012 by Tecumte because: sp.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by blobzilla

It actually exasperates Asthma and can kill an asthmatic. I have no clue why your doctor would tell you to get the flu shot with asthma.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aazadan

Originally posted by Artistic
What thinking ; intelligent individuals need to ask themselves is;

> how far does this go? Will it lead to other "mandatory" things dependent on employment?

> Is this all realistic? In other words, do vaccines REALLY guard against illness/disease or is there some other agenda at work here?

This s**** is never going to stop and it IS going to get worse.

There's one reason why large groups of people should be vaccinated against diseases and that's the concept of herd immunity. Essentially, it's that if a large enough segment of the population is immunized, then there's not enough people for the virus to spread and mutate. Here, you can read up on it en.wikipedia.org...

I'm all for allowing people to object based on whatever grounds they want and not suffer any repercussions other than maybe getting sick, it's their bodies. However, I also think education about what people should be vaccinated, and advertisements that promote it should be performed, without giving the anti immunization crowd much airtime at all (though it should get enough that people know it's an option... maybe 5% of the airtime?) because when two sides both make a lot of noise for their viewpoint, the facts and truth don't matter. Populations naturally split close to 50/50. You can look at almost every election in the US for proof of this concept in action.
edit on 26-11-2012 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

Actually, I think before unwitting herd members, roll,up their sleeves and inject whatever is the latest billion dollar snake oil treatment, that they really take the time to try and understand exactly what they are having injected into their bodies. I personally believe injecting this stuff into young children for profit is a war crime. But that's just my opinion. (and maybe several others) Let's view some real science on the safety of Thimerosal and aluminum and formaldahyde and see what clinical studies have to say about the safety and efficacy of any years flu shot. Or you could just buy a lucky rabbit's foot from the snake oil salesman and hope it works (and doesn't slowly kill you), hey if the guy in the white coat on TV says it's ok, right?

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   

reply to post by OccamsRazor04

Just google it.

www.nytimes.com...

my.clevelandclinic.org...

tobaccoanalysis.blogspot.ca...

Some employers now require job applicants to take a cotinin test prior to employment to ensure that they are non-smokers and don't use any kind of quit smoking aid that contains nicotene

That is SO Flawed. The idea is to not have active smokers working for them because Smoke itself is the health concern. Taking a personal quit smoking aid can harm no one. Nicotine by itself is not any more addictive than caffeine in coffee and like caffeine is a central nervous stimulant and a mild vascular constrictor.

I smoke my electronic cigarette in hospitals and sneer at the hospital administrators who see me because it is not illegal. I enjoy blowing out thick white clouds of vapor making all the smoking workers jealous. Then I tell them how the electronic cigarette can help them stop smoking and possibly save their life.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo
reply to post by kabfighter

Thanks for the info.
It was explained to me that the virus in it's contageous form was chrystalline and easily spread via contact. Whereupon the chrystilline virus would THEN act upon the cell to infiltrate the cellular wall to deposite its RNA and begin the infection process. It is HERE that the vaccine would do it's trick in recognizing the virus and deposing it. However, virus carried upon hands, clothes, environment are still very much contageous for many hours.

If those with the flu did not work, that mechanism of contagion is eliminted. BUT... a working medical professional treating someone with the flu could easily spread that bug despite their having been vaccinated. And all of that is assuming that vacination even works.

Again, I could be completely incorrect... I'm not a medical person... that is simply how a medical person explained it to me.

To my best educated assumption (based on other illnesses), influenza is most easily transmitted through aerosolized saliva (coughing or sneezing). If it's on clothing, I don't think it has a very good chance of making it to another host. Dry, nonliving things make pretty crappy vectors for virulent organisms and viruses. Since we haven't had a flu patient yet this year, I'm not totally sure how we isolate them. Universal precautions, which we use for all patients, require us to wear gloves when touching any bodily fluids and wash or sanitize our hands before and after interacting with every patient, so from just that we minimize the possibility of transfer between patients. If we have a cough, we are supposed to wear a mask for the duration of our shift, which is another safeguard for patients and staff. The flu vaccines (supposedly) add another layer to the protections already in place.

I don't doubt that someone is making a fortune off flu vaccines, but until there is more established evidence of harm caused by them, I will continue to get them. I couldn't go to nursing school without getting one, so the choice was made for me. I was also in the Air National Guard for four years, and they were very strict about everyone getting vaccinated, so I have had one every year from at least 2008 to the present.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix
I smoke my electronic cigarette in hospitals and sneer at the hospital administrators who see me because it is not illegal. I enjoy blowing out thick white clouds of vapor making all the smoking workers jealous.

...I do sincerely hope that none of these people call you a jerk.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   
I am 49 and have watched this country become a third world country in a short time.

We americans ; just say; bend over and give some lubricant....

I know of a person diagnosed with lymphoma a few years ago. She is in remission now but it took her over a million dollars to get there....

without health insurance; she would be homeless, car less, and much much more...

Why is it that we pay quadruple the cost of ALL other countries for out health???

How do we allow this??

and then allow them to inject for an unknown flu virus with unknown substances??

Conclusion: we in this country are not too bright...

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aazadan

Originally posted by NavyDoc
Why not?

There are many jobs, like the military where you have to spend months and years away from your family--or jobs like offshore fishing, or mining, or being an astronaut, or long haul trucker. Family seperation is part of the job. If it is a problem, you are free not to take the job.

Don't like not drinking before you step into a cockpit? Don't be an airline pilot. Don't like be awakened in the middle of the night to put some drunk's face back together? Don't be a trauma surgeon. There are many jobs that require some sort of compromise and sacrifice by their very nature. They are not for everyone. Currently, you are not required to do any of them. If the requirements are too onerous for you, you are perfectly free to find easier forms of employment. However, notice that the easy jobs that require little effort, thought, and sacrifice are usually full, so you may have to wait for an opening.

There's a difference between the demands to perform a job such as being sober when operating a vehicle or being on call as a specialized medical professional and an employer having the right to dictate what the cashier in their store may and may not do in their time off from work. Social contact is ultimately the biggest distraction at work, it leads to people thinking about what they're going to do, conversations they had, conversations they will have, and even employees being exposed to more people and getting sick taking days off of work (or worse, coming in sick and getting multiple other employees sick). Under your criteria the eventual outcome is that employers should be allowed to confine each employee to a cell to prevent that contact in order to maximize productivity time. Do you seriously see that as something that's right?

If we are going to go the reducto ad absurdum route, conversely do you seriously see the other extreme, where a worker gets paid to stay home and not work at all, as right as well? Logically, the employee brings value to the employer. They both want a mutually beneficial relationship. Some jobs have criteria that must or should be met to do the job well but takes some sacrificice on the part of the employee (health standards, time away from family, etc.) If these requirements are too onerous, the employee should go elsewere. If enough employees go elsewere and the employer does not have enough employees, he is faced with the choice to close up shop, change the requirements, or raise the pay and benefits to such a level that employees will come to him inspite of the requirements. This is how a free society works.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Contrary to popular belief:

To have to be shot up with unknown substances in order to keep a job is NOT freedom but

it is called fascism. I dictator gives an edict and all have to follow or ....

What did we come to when people can't recognize fascism??

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Contrary to popular belief:

To have to be shot up with unknown substances in order to keep a job is NOT freedom but

it is called fascism. I dictator gives an edict and all have to follow or ....

What did we come to when people can't recognize fascism??

Indeed. Now how, pray tell, does having a work requirement for a job that you are completely free to leave at any time fit the definition of fascism?

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by NavyDoc

Anyone with a conscience and intelligence knows that flu shots are ; for the most part useless and to some degree ; dangerous.

For anyone to blindly require ALL employees to get shot up with an unknown substance for unknown reasons ; is foolish to say the least and a BIG sign they don't really care about the employee anymore that just a slave

and another agenda is likely...

Use your God given brain.

Dictators require complete compliance without question, This is NOT what happens in a true democracy. This is what is happening here. THis is a dictatorship.

A person employed should be able to NOT have something done to them if they feel it will harm them in some way
without risk of loosing a job. This is not only a dictatorship but a hostile work environment.
If you like this sort of thing

GO live in China ; where it happens ALL the time...

Dictators require complete compliance without question.

I am surprised people do not understand this...

We, as a society ,are going down the wrong path and dooomed to repeat

history.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by orgone4444

you have a problem with the commercial soaps/disinfectants being used. that is entirely different than the act itself.

Thanks for the reminder; I also have a problem with hand-washing at all because just about every business you work in will use toxic tap water, containing fluoride, drug residues, and volatile organic compounds, just to name a few.

as much i as i agree with your concerns; are they enough to prevent you from washing your hands regularly ? or do you take special precautions to limit your exposure ?

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Another point (s) is;

How far does this go? What is the next requirements ?? To have a kidney removed for donations?? to keep a job.??

See where I am going with this?

If people don't rise up and demand better >>

They will get worse.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
A Land of sheeple

beget wolves

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by hellobruce

So much for smoking not being pleasurable and for smokers not being productive!

It may be "pleasurable" to smokers, (that is one reason there are drug addicts) but it is definetely not pleasurable for those around smokers.

As to not being productive, they have more time off sick they have longer breaks at work and cost more health wise.

It is pointless to try and argue with smokers and other addicts.
edit on 26-11-2012 by hellobruce because: (no reason given)
unless you have links to studies that back up your opinion, it is still an opinion and one of which many more ppl disagree, self included.

i personally know of more non-smokers who are seriously ailing from workplace posioning ... so, how does that fit into your "opinion" ?

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   

reply to post by NavyDoc

Anyone with a conscience and intelligence knows that flu shots are ; for the most part useless and to some degree ; dangerous.

For anyone to blindly require ALL employees to get shot up with an unknown substance for unknown reasons ; is foolish to say the least and a BIG sign they don't really care about the employee anymore that just a slave

and another agenda is likely...

Use your God given brain.

Dictators require complete compliance without question, This is NOT what happens in a true democracy. This is what is happening here. THis is a dictatorship.

A person employed should be able to NOT have something done to them if they feel it will harm them in some way
without risk of loosing a job. This is not only a dictatorship but a hostile work environment.
If you like this sort of thing

GO live in China ; where it happens ALL the time...

Dictators require complete compliance without question.

I am surprised people do not understand this...

We, as a society ,are going down the wrong path and dooomed to repeat

history.

I do use my "God" given brain and use science with said brain. I'm sorry, but the majority of prevailing scientific evidence contradicts your premise of inoculations.

As for all of this "go to China" and "dictator" nonsense (rather silly and insulting since my family fled Stalin--a real dictator, not a pretend one) is laughable. No one is a slave, no one is forced to do anything, the government is not holding people down and doing medical procedures against their will (like they really do in China in a real deictatorship not an imagined one). A hospital (a private entity) has requirements for working with patients with sound reasoning behind it. Employees are free to take it or not and the employer is free to keep them after their refusal or not. That is how a real Democracy works.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1BornPatriot
I think I would sue them in civil court for attempted murder. there is more proof they are deadly than there is that says they are benefitial. a few billion will get their attention and probably a judgement in favor of those who were wrongfully terminated.
you and alot of others think the same, however, sorry to burst your bubble BUT, those who develop, market and administer the vaccines are EXEMPT from litigation or liability ... it was written that way

if you're walking 2 steps ahead of me, casually drop a banana peel on the ground and i slip and fall, you can be sued for full liability, whereas, if you get a vaccination and subesquently die from complications related to influenza, there is no one to claim liability against.
neat racket they've got going, huh ?

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Another point (s) is;

How far does this go? What is the next requirements ?? To have a kidney removed for donations?? to keep a job.??

See where I am going with this?

If people don't rise up and demand better >>

They will get worse.

Where does the demand to refuse work requirements lead? Should not a cook refuse to wash his hands before preparing your food? Why should he be fired if he does not wash his hands after he takes a dump and then makes you a salad. Job requirements are a dictatorship I tell you? (See how your use of reducto ad absurdum sounds coming from the other end?)

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by NavyDoc

Nonsense?

No

What is next to be required?

I am frightful for America's future

when people CANT see or don't want to see the face of dictatorship

You can disagree all you like

BUT it is dictatorship that requires one to do potential harm and ask NO questions

You can live in a world like 1984 but I will NOT

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join