It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mitt Romney losing it? A disheveled Romney pumps gas, looks downright gloomy in La Jolla, California

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
These photos were taken by a Reddit user from La Jolla, California - where Romney does in fact own a home. Saw this earlier on Liveleak (by way of Reddit), and thought some here might be interested to see.

To my mind, it's almost certainly him. Granted, it could be a man who looks remarkably like him, in a town where he does own a home, but imo that would be unlikely.

www.liveleak.com...
www.theatlanticwire.com...

A Reddit user claims he bumped into the former Republican presidential nominee at his local fill-up station last night, and posted this shaky Loch Ness monster-esque photograph to prove it. The time, location, and even the subject of the image are not fully confirmed, but it sure does look like Mitt Romney—a bit less neater than we're used to seeing him—filling up his car with regular unleaded. The picture was posted to the website last night around midnight and quickly zoomed to the top of the front page.

I was immediately struck by just how rumpled and, frankly, haggard the man looks. It stands in stark contrast to the immaculate appearance he cultivated all throughout the long campaign(s). It would be far fetched to say 'he's depressed!' based on a couple images, but I also seem to recall reading about how personal friends and aids of his commented that he's been taking his loss very badly.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Monger

Yes...that is him. His hair is messy and his clothes are wrinkled; he is being casual and he looks disappointed.

edit on 21-11-2012 by caladonea because: edit

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I'm not sure if it's him, does the man even know how to pump his own gas? He's rich enough to get driven around, is he not?

Beyond that, judging from his swagger, he doesn't come across like a millionaire. His disheveled appearance could be a result of him taking after his loss poorly.

Perhaps someone better acquainted with the brands of clothing the subject in this photo is wearing could give some insight as to whether this man is sporting a millionaire's wardrobe?

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
He just looks like a normal guy after a bad day at work. I think it's gotta be hard to loose in such a public manner especially for someone who has probably succeeded at just about about every endeavor they've ever taken. I mean he spent like 10 million dollars in '08 this time around he spent a whole lot of other people's money and for someone of his wealth I don't know which would be worse. All to come out with squat. First or Last!!! If I were him I'd be visiting my offshore accounts in person with the wife and you wouldn't of seen me this side of the inauguration.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Does seem to be Romney. Wouldn't think to much of it beyond that. Wish we knew what time this happened. I can think of many times that I couldn't sleep because there was too much on my mind and took a drive. In those instances I didn't care if I looked put together or not. He's probably fine, and I hope he is. It is nice to know he can pump his own gas, actually improves my opinion of him.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
People who has the kind of money like him dont get depressed. people with low income get depressed. He is more upset, prideshot and in better words angry. He is slowly breaking his psyche through angry millionaire madness

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Osiris1953

Yeah, oddly enough I see it much the same way. I feel that he had allowed himself to appear vulnerable this way during the campaign, many others would have had a higher opinion of the man as well.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Monger

What kind of car was he driving? Looks like Romney may have just finished an all nite escapade as seen in Eyes Wide Shut.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by subjectzero
Couple of jerks, aren't you. I hope the next time you're at your lowest someone stomps on your neck.

Remember Mitt Romney when it happens.

Oh, please. I'm not kicking the guy while he's down. Merely sharing some interesting photos I stumbled upon with likeminded people.

Let's not forget that the man put himself out there, willingly put himself into the public spotlight knowing full well the consequences of that. Mitt's a smart guy.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Monger

I agree, people were struggling to connect with him... If I could have seen him as more "human" during the campaign I may have seriously considered voting for him.
edit on 21-11-2012 by Osiris1953 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Monger

Couple of jerks, aren't you. I hope the next time you're at your lowest someone stomps on your neck.

Oh, please. I'm not kicking the guy while he's down. Merely sharing some interesting photos I stumbled upon with likeminded people.

Let's not forget that the man put himself out there, willingly put himself into the public spotlight knowing full well the consequences of that. Mitt's a smart guy.

He is down? For real? That guy could buy your whole subdivision (home) out and put a Mc-romney fast food joint up

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jordan River

Originally posted by Monger

He is down? For real? That guy could buy your whole subdivision (home) out and put a Mc-romney fast food joint up

Well, he sank a fortune (well, not his entire fortune, but a fortune none the less) with zero return. For any human being, that's going to be a humbling experience.

Did he believe his own campaign's hype, that he would win the presidency by a landslide? If he did, and was indeed shocked by the outcome, it's possible that he's taking it pretty badly. Mostly speculation, granted, based on a few anecdotal reports I've read.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
It surely does look like him, but what would Romney be doing in LaJolla pumping his own gas? It's clear across country from where he hangs out. He's got plenty of peeps to do this kind of thing for him. It just sounds incongruous to me. Can't wrap my head around this one.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
damn ... scary

i prefer this pic :

the hair cut really makes the difference

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Monger

I guess your right. The guy does need at least a pat on the shoulder for dumping a fortune into his goal (dream) it has to be humbling.

Oh well. looks like he may have to do another Bane to recover his loses. Hostess Twinkie buy out

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Sensational title...

I have been against Romney's policies for the last year and even I understand the difference between appearing almost perfect for a presidential campaign and being everyday casual.

OP, do you think Celebrities are stage perfect every second of the day? I really hope not.

Mitt Romney is a normal person too, normal people don't have perfect hair everyday and don't have to pretend to be happy all the time.

For example, there was a story that Romney took his wife to the movies and had pizza afterwards...

Who wants to spin that into, "Romney's post-election depression took him to a lonely theater for a two hour self-pitty session and a massive pizza binge" ?

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Maybe Queen Anne made him sleep in one of their Cadillacs

But seriously just because you have 300 million in the bank, it does not mean you're going to have neatly combed hair 24x7.

I would never feel sorry for someone that has that kind of money, I just think he's trying to find something that will get his mind off his defeat.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
So Romney looks like a normal person now, pumping gas into his car. And I thought he was disconnected with the regular people in our country
This proves me wrong, he knows how to pump gas. I never thought Romney was bad, I don't know why he was even trying for president. I wouldn't want that job for nothing, the deceit and turmoil in that level of government is terrible. Hopefully he can go back to telling the truth again. I hope he enjoys his life, he never needed the president's job.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by eLPresidente
Sensational title...

I know that you didn't intend that as a complement, but given your wording (Sensational!) I'm going to go ahead and take it as one.

Thanks. Thank you, eLPresidente, for your kind compliment of my thread title.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join