It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Contest with prize by me.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 02:07 AM
link   
When something major or significant is about to happen to a person in the near future, the energy created by the event travels toward the person, as the persons energy travels toward the event, much like plugging an appliance into the wall which is turned on, sometimes a spark will come out of the socket to meet the plug. When this connection of the energies occurs, the person experiences a premonition of the event. Varying energies of different people would account for why some have further reaching premonitions than others.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Here's my theory.

The world is held together by way of two parts. Mollecule and wave. It is the pitch of the all encompasing "god frequency" that tells the molecules what shape and order they should take.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 02:56 AM
link   
How about this: The laws of mathematics change slowly over time. Example: Right now 1+1=2, but this is not an eternal truth; at some point in the future, 1+1 will no longer equal 2; it will equal something else. When that happens, the physical world will change accordingly - when you put one stone in a bag and then put another stone in, there will be either more or less than 2 stones in the bag. These changes may happen so slowly we would not notice, but the point is that math itself changes just like everything else in the universe.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 03:07 AM
link   
The Law of Slingshot Karma:

Each positive action travels throughout the universe until it's power eventually dies. In the process, it gains tension like a band connected back to it's origin point. The further the deed goes, the stronger the karmic effect when the slingshot is released.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by tkwasny

I want to give your idea a shot, but it seems like you are just linking ideas together without a core concept. Singularity as a consciousness along with what I will assume is the physical manifestation of reality expressed as the universe in its expansion and self creation.

Angular kinematics studies rotation, and deals with angles and with changes in angles.

Omnipresence is the state of being present everywhere. It is a concept usually applied to a "God" identity.

I get what you are saying but it seems to be just a combination of concepts to explain God, which is not small concept, but I do not see a single core idea beyond that. Star for your post and a salute from my part, but the game is still afoot.

and we move onto the next,

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

This cannot be so as the laws of mathematics are simply a way to precieve the universe. 1+1 will always equal two. We may not use those symbols and words all the time but that doesn't change the nature of the observation.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

Let's see how the Guts idea holds out as "original". He has been around ATS for a long time and is a cerebral and analytical person. This should be interesting.

1.) Because humankind is undeniably fallible, it follows that all previous philosophical concepts are flawed to some degree, therefore

2.) Every individual should be reared in all philosophical thought, encouraged to apply them to their lives as they see fit, and

3.) Ultimately pick and choose the precepts that work best towards their own happiness.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 03:36 AM
link   
reply to post by zedVSzardoz

oh no!

neophilosophyblog.blogspot.com.es...

That was too easy? If that is your blog I will let it pass, if not, You have met your twin mind.....

What is Neo Philosophy?

Neo Philosophy is a term I created to describe the "philosophy of the individual". It recognizes that each person has their own unique way of being in the world. What dictates this way of being is an underlying personal philosophy of that person, whether realized or unrealized, examined or unexamined. As such, it incorporates all philosophies and integrates them through the lens of the individual person. It represents a new branch of philosphy as well as a new era in philosophical history following the age of Contemporary Philosophy.

I wasn't familiar with this. Thanks!
It sounds just about right, I like it. Very applicable.

And we move on.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 03:39 AM
link   
reply to post by amatrine

next we have this concept from amatrine. Let's see, off the bat I will start looking into eastern religions from India primarily and see if their concepts of reincarnation for animals applies.

Ok, here is one I always thought about. Animals have instinct. What if there is reincarnation of animals , in the sense, a dog dies, and is born again as another dog. A cat as another cat. Ever notice how cats just KNOW cat people and dogs know dog people. What if , lets say my cat who died, he comes back again as a cat, and since his previous history, knew that I was a car person, became part of his spirit, so when he dies, it becomes part of that conscience. .... hence other cats born since he died, KNOW that i am a cat person.

What if the reason for these instincts , is because cats have always been cats, and when are reborn, the instinct in still there.

Just an idea I have. I would say this would not hold true for humans. We really do not have instincts as far as kowing what to fear. A kitten put in a liter box the first time knows to go the bathroom in it. We on the other hand have to be trained in diapers.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Pretty similar:

In the lower realms, such as the animal realm, it is a very slow and difficult process to accumulate enough merit to achieve a human birth once again, so it may be countless lifetimes before one has another chance.

Desire Realm wiki

according to some Eastern thought, spiritual evolution as an animal can be a slow and repetitive process. Correlates to a cat or dog having multiple existences with animal instincts, and humans often being less instinctual in a new realm.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 05:36 AM
link   
reply to post by PatrickGarrow17

well done. I will accept that. Unless there is further explanation of how his theory is different, we move on..

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by LoneCloudHopper2

The future created the past.

1) Without a past, there could be no future. Without a future, there could be no past. Therefore, the future is not a concept but an essential part of life.

2) Everything that will happen, will happen, when it happens. It will come to be because of everything that was. We usually think that the past is more concrete, more real, but we often disagree on what happened, how and why. Does it matter? It is gone, never to be again. The future is yet to be, and will be. Everything that we are doing now is building towards that future. People talk about God as the Creator, or science for explaining how reality works, but what if all such things have come about (and such ideas and practices evolve in time) towards a pure, great understanding? All ideas may have been meant to have surfaced, all sciences and arts explored, as by fate, so that it all can one day come together (like the pieces of a puzzle.)

This could mean that what is to be, was. What if "the future" was where all was whole, and it fragmented so that it put itself back together again? And so, time began and proceeded in a linear fashion, to allow us to experience this gradual emergence of reality. As of now, many of us see things differently, but this is because we are all limited to our own perspectives and knowledge (through our own experiences, in limited life spans.) Science, logic and experience as a race will in time show us which pieces don't fit, which do fit and how pieces fit together that we never thought would. So, in the end, all could come together as one—all philosophy, science and religious perspectives come to make sense in how they each relate to the full truth.

What if the future itself, the total oneness of all that is the universe, is Oneness? It separates so that it can form itself again, similar to a flower that blossoms, dies, and its seed blossoms into a flower again. Perhaps "The Big Bang" was merely the True Reality (the future) restarting itself.

This might also explain déjà vu and psychic dreams, which many (including myself) have experienced. The future has all ready happened and we have all gone through this many times before. Souls may even wait in a resting place until it is time to experience the life that you have lived again. You may even make different choices the next time around. How the process goes can alter, as influenced by déjà vu or psychic memory, as the result is forever the same. Take for example, a Rubik's Cube: it is scrambled around differently each time before being handed to you by a friend, and it will therefore be twisted back differently each time, but each time forming the same result: all sides of one color; the perfect design as intended.

Thus, all ideas are never new, but re-realized from past, through unconscious memory. Thusly, inventions may be discovered by different inventors the next time around. Often, novelists will publish very similar books at the same time, sometimes one accusing the other of somehow stealing their ideas. It is as if certain ideas are meant to surface. But rather than “meant”, perhaps they are merely remembered from a deeper level of consciousness. Thus, imagination would only be a memory, like all your ideas, like this very discussion.

Perhaps we are all the memory of ourselves, as we remember what will be, as it must be, as it has been, as it is what truly is.

so that us a doozey of a concept to wrap our heads around. That all the universe, time is relative and that a sort of paradox caused time to exist. The past, was created by the future. A looping universe that was created by the end of the loop, restarting.....let's see. It sounds familiar, but I want to double check. Other theories I have come across always suppose that time is linear and that a paradox cannot exist or if it does that it must be an isolated event.

I like the part where you say

"What if the future itself, the total oneness of all that is the universe, is Oneness? It separates so that it can form itself again, similar to a flower that blossoms, dies, and its seed blossoms into a flower again. Perhaps "The Big Bang" was merely the True Reality (the future) restarting itself. "

The being that IS GOD/ SOURCE / ONE consciousness is working backwards somehow. That it is being developed now so that it can create itself through creation itself. Interesting!

and I am off to physics forums to feel dumb.

edit on 22-11-2012 by zedVSzardoz because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Philosophy is the study of general and fundamental problems, such as those connected with reality, existence, knowledge, values, reason, mind, and language.[1][2] Philosophy is distinguished from other ways of addressing such problems by its critical, generally systematic approach and its reliance on rational argument.[3] The word "philosophy" comes from the Greek φιλοσοφία (philosophia), which literally means "love of wisdom".[4][5][6] In more casual speech the "philosophy" of a particular person can refer to the beliefs held by that person. I looked up needed to know real meaning, thought others might need idea on meaning also .................hope this helps.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Ummm lets see: "Life is Like a Box of Chocolates, you'll never know what your gonna get"

Oh that was Forrest Gump, never mind...can I still get a star though?

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
I'll Post mine about the "reason" for Evolution.

I like to think humans are like plants in our backyard, especially those produce like tomato.

I think our goal is to mix genes around, generation after generation to yield the best fruit that is withstand to environmental changes and give best nutrients.

I would like to think, that we in this planet are just like plants in our backyard, we try to perfect our genes and bring forth the ultimate offspring...thru countless struggles and obstacles our parents and grand parents been thru to give us the current perfected feature.

What the offering would do or what is the plan for it is unknown.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Text Black I just made an account on here to post my thoughts. I have been a reader of ats for almost a year.
I think some of the concepts i show now will be a good read and a mind boggle.
Time does not exist, time is merely a measurment for the now ageing misconceived. Time does not move forward or backwards but it is just the now, the present continuum, meaning time travel is impossible, peoples perceptions have mislead them.

Concept number 2. You are deaf, blind and paralysed. What exist other than your mind? You can not sense anything. Sense are what tells us things exist. So will the world even exist if you was in this state? No it would not.

Concept 3. Humans have infinite stupidity but not infinity wisdom.

concept 4. What is real? I believe everything is an illusion as i have shifted my conscious you see your own illusion come to life, knowing that things are real because our mind tells us they are, such as hallucinations, how can you feel and see somthing that is not there? Our mind tells us things exist so we simple have to believe they don't in order for them not to.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   

I feel like I have seen loneclouds theory somewhere, In fact I was thinking about the theory of the future going back in time and to create it just last week. There has to be a couple science fiction movies with this theme. I will hunt....

It's kinda like back to the future. The kid goes back in time to creat himself.....
edit on 22-11-2012 by openeyeswideshut because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
How about this......
The Universe is not infinite and expanding, but shaped like a pinch bottle, where energy flows around this figure eight in its infinite varieties...iand directions....criss crossing and combining coalescing into the physical realm..
the physical portion is what we percieve but the other nine tenths is pure energy and acts as an ever flowing river with islands of combined wave forms.....the physically manifested part
The "creator consciousness is the center around which this energy flow orbits......
In other words the universe is the aura that surrounds the essence of the creator consciousness.....nah.......

or maybe
"junk DNA," is actually as yet undiscovered programming sequences that in actuality are the "script" for your WHOLE life......The idea of "Free Will" is an illusion because the DNA have so intensly scripted your part the cosmic soap opera.....
This 9/10 of as yet not understood double helix is the more detailed instructions which we do not percieve to be operating much of our automatic systems...(sub conscious, reactive, regulatory etc....) At very best then, we are only free to basically ad lib our lines as our containers stumble through their programmed parts...............the sole part of ourconsciousness in all this is simply to experience the emotions.....which are after all
the very essence of our experience,(memory being only an emotional prompt for re experiencing those same emotions....
...........nah
or...

but ill be back

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Concepts of life there are none! We give the ideas to what we think life is, other then that who's to say what life really is? So we think we are alive but by who's standared? I see many things alive, yet its just an aspect created out of what I was taught or learned along the way, still no fact that life exist just in my mind.
It's like the concept of GOD, another idea; man's wanting something out of nothing a thought that there has to be. What has to be? I am no different then the fly, cat, dog etc.... My mind can create anything it wants and yet I still will never know the point!
So why bother and waste the time on concepts and just be who I AM! Everything else is a creation of my mind experencing ME!
Happy T Day Everyone!

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I propose: In the future humans will no longer eat food. I actually believe that taking physical matter into our bodies to sustain ourselves is primitive. When humanity is spiritually freed by the crippling effects of religion, we will be able to take all of the life sustaining prana out from the air that surrounds us to nourish ourselves in every way we need. There will be no more hunger or starvation because the universe already supplies this form of energy for us in abundance, we have not yet learned how to use it efficiently.I will explain this in greater detail in another thread that I have been working on, I just couldn't pass on the opportunity to get a little feedback on my theory.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join