It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egyptian jihadist calls for removal of Sphinx, Pyramids

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by LittleBlackEagle

Originally posted by miniatus

Originally posted by VelvetSplash
I really think anyone who did anything to the Giza Pyramids or the Sphynx would be in a whole #storm of trouble and have the entire developed world foaming at the mouth for action.

I can't foresee them ever even getting near enough ... to destroy those monuments would take effort.. you'd have to be planting explosives all around it.. they are guarded .. so you'd have to have the guards participating, and the government... the moment a plan like that were even to begin to unfold, I believe international forces would intervene..

It's a word treasure

ever getting near enough? they run the country now, so i don't think getting near enough would be a problem.

These extremists don't run the country so there will not be any government sanctioned destruction. egypt is very proud of their past culture not to mention tourism is a huge part of the area. And, lets face it, there would most likely NEED to be an organized dismantling of the pyramids because any of their rockets are not going to take out the pyramids.

so i wouldnt worry about it for any time in the near future.
edit on 11/13/2012 by homeskillet because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Rapha

Interesting that this people in their ofuscation about religion they seem to forget that they idolized Mohamed just like a pagan Idol he is actually a pagan idol.

I think you are to nice, they are not only idiots but ignorant and illiterate as well, I guess education failed them at some point in their lives but what can you get when their entire educational system is around Islam laws and the Muslim religion.

Peace by butt.

Be warned people if we let Islam take over America we will be also confronted with destruction of our monuments as well.

They are all idols of greed and power.

+8 more 
posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Rumor has it that Napoleon's troops shot the nose off the Sphinx for target practice, I doubt that very much. Napoleon was obsessed with all things ancient....

Another theory and there is a good deal of circumstantial evidence to support it is that the Islamic Caliphates had the nose removed because the Sphinx looked female to them [The idea of the Sphinx being female is an interesting topic all on it's own] they also removed the noses on many other works of art in the same time period.

Can't have strong females being represented for the masses to see.

Destroying ancient art, monuments and libraries etc etc etc should be considered a crime against humanity in my not so humble opinion. Too many times in human history we have lost our continuity to our past and collective treasures due to many factors chief among them are greed, ignorance, hate, politics and yes, religious bias and ignorance.

The destruction of human history is a travesty....

edit on 13-11-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Let's get it straight before some here seized upon the chance to bash your fellow humans of the muslim faith.

Who said they wanna destroy those structures?

Jihadists. They don't run the country, nor are their idealogy supported by the muslim majority in Egypt.

The very act of murders committed by these militants upon innocent humans only proved that they are NOT muslims, and had hijacked the peaceful religion, twisting it to suit their insane attention whoring.

Furthermore the Prophet Muhammad had only mentioned to destroy idols - objects of worship in the belief that those objects represents God.

Is Buddha God? Is the Sphinx God? Is a church God? Is a mosque God? Is the Ka'bah God? Are human tombstones God?

No. They are only objects created as remembrances, of honor, for men to remember their past and are NOT worshipped as God.

Our one true God needs not man made objects to be created inorder honor him, for He already lives amongst us in our hearts. He forbade images made of Himself, so that men will not pray to the image instead of to Him, who is omnipresent. or that the man-made images or structures be corrupted or misued to fool others.

By all means, destroy man-made structures. The destruction means nothing except vandalism by culprits whom must be brought to justice. What that is man-made, can be rebuilt.

The Jihadists are wild beasts and had only twisted and wilfully misinterpretated divine teachings, and had caused much harm to the religion, an act of apostacy that they will have to answer for one day, to man and God.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
I say let them have at it!
Removing the great pyramid and its cohorts will keep those crazy MFs busy for at least a century.......By that time they may have worked some common sense into their own heads!

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101
Let's get it straight before some here seized upon the chance to bash your fellow humans of the muslim faith.

I think most are bashing the jihadists not Islam on the whole.

Who said they wanna destroy those structures?

The Jihadists.

Jihadists.

Right, exactly...

They don't run the country, nor are their idealogy supported by the muslim majority in Egypt.

Has this ever stopped Jihadist from causing a great deal of pain and suffering or the destruction of monuments before?

The very act of murders committed by these militants upon innocent humans only proved that they are NOT muslims, and had hijacked the peaceful religion, twisting it to suit their insane attention whoring.

This is why they are so dangerous and should be watched and countered at every step of the way.

Furthermore the Prophet Muhammad had only mentioned to destroy idols - objects of worship in the belief that those objects represents God.

Meanwhile, that's one religious point of view out of many on a planet of 7.8 Billion people. You don't see the intrinsic controversy over that alone?

Is Buddha God? Is the Sphinx God? Is a church God? Is a mosque God? Is the Ka'bah God? Are human tombstones God?

Stop right there. Think about who you're talking about for a second.

Jihadists. They are not known for rational thinking. With them potentially anything goes.

No. They are only objects created as remembrances, of honor, for men to remember their past and are NOT worshipped as God.

AND

They should be protected against all who would destroy them Jihadist included.

Our one true God needs not man made objects to be created inorder honor him, for He already lives amongst us in our hearts. He forbade images made of Himself, so that men will not pray to the image instead of to Him, who is omnipresent. or that the man-made images or structures be corrupted or misued to fool others.

That's the kind of talk that get's peoples heads removed if they disagree with which version of God you are talking about.

See the conundrum?

By all means, destroy man-made structures. The destruction means nothing except vandalism by culprits whom must be brought to justice. What that is man-made, can be rebuilt.

I'm sorry but I think your logic is not only flawed but lacking in empathy for the vast majority on Earth who appreciate our very real past and achievements.

The Jihadists are wild beasts and had only twisted and wilfully misinterpretated divine teachings, and had caused much harm to the religion, an act of apostacy that they will have to answer for one day, to man and God.

AND

In the meantime they should be stopped butt cold whenever and wherever possible.

My two pennies

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by homeskillet

These extremists don't run the country so there will not be any government sanctioned destruction.

reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

Jihadists. They don't run the country, nor are their idealogy supported by the muslim majority in Egypt.

Hmm, not sure about that;

The Brotherhood's credo was and is, "Allah is our objective; the Quran is our law, the Prophet is our leader; Jihad is our way; and death for the sake of Allah is the highest of our aspirations."[9][10] Its most famous slogan, used worldwide, is "Islam is the solution."

en.wikipedia.org...

I'm not saying they will do it - but there's definately an element within The Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt who want to do it and would be quite prepared to actually do it.

Personally I believe there is much yet to be discovered and understood in Egypt and these remains are such an important part of human history and development that they should be protected somehow if there is ever even the remotest chance that they could be destroyed.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Rapha

I know how you feel, there are more mosques than churches in england, we cannot perform the nativity play anymore. or sell poppies in shopping markets with muslims in. but we also have to undestand that this is not the will of the average Islam follower. most of them are loving people. we are all victims to the politics that seperate us, All religions have had the truth wiped away and replaced with bull# to control us. only the elite know the truth, which is why they are Cabal worshiping, demonic controlling. Ego freaks trying to bring in New World Order for the age of Aquarius. the truth has been hidden from us all. check out my BLOG MY BLOG

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Before people continue on their I hate muslims parade, remember this is a very small, sect of fundamentalist muslisms, that are calling for this.
It would be like being represented by those Christians who face rattlesnakes to test their faith, it is a quarky, extreme group.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Never tar and feather a culture or religion for the words and actions of extremists. There are extremists in the West and Christianity too

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

Does anyone have the right to destroy our human history? We all have a right to knowledge!
What makes anyone supreme enough to make those decisions?
Look at the gaps we are trying to fill in now from our past.

Our History belongs to all Humanity, not just a misguided few.
That's just wrong.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rapha
When are these idiots going to stop wanting to destroy this worlds ancient architecture ?

Pick one ...
- When they are educated and understand the importance of the architecture.
- When they realize this is 2012 and they are 1500 years behind.
- When they are deprogrammed from their religion.
- When they are dead.

Pick one of the above. Only then will these idiots stop. IMHO

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rapha

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy
Are you a muslim hater?

No. I just hate dictators who believe they have the right to destroy ancient art.

Me too. I don't hate anyone's genetics, but culture is a different thing. Some cultures have evil aspects to them. And all people really do know that.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by AprenticeofLight

I could hardly be called an Islamic apologist by any stretch of the imagination but blatant exaggerations and untruths do nothing but damage the credibility of genuine concerns over creeping Islamification within the UK.

I know how you feel, there are more mosques than churches in england, we cannot perform the nativity play anymore. or sell poppies in shopping markets with muslims in. but we also have to undestand that this is not the will of the average Islam follower.

As of 2007 there was approximately 1500 Mosques in the UK.
I suspect that figure may have increased a bit over the last 4 or 5 years but it still fails to exceed the more than 47,000 churches that are in the UK.

Every single school I know of performs a Nativity play round about Christmas - sure there have been isolated instances but there are very much the exception and not the rule.

Again, it has been reported that the sale of poppies was prohibited in one shopping centre, that I know of, and that is definately one too many, but to be fair it's hardly every 'shopping market with muslims in' now is it.

I share your concerns about the level of appeasement sometimes shown to Muslim sensibilities, occassionally to the detriment of British culture etc but sensationalism and scaremongering achieves nothing positive at all.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Do they really want to be reasonable for taking down the Pyramids & Sphinx?.
After all the trillions of people on earth that learnt about the pyramids & Sphinx in history class in school?

That's allot of people that will know of "the Group" "Jihad" that destroyed Sphinx & Pyramids.

It would be global, They should think twice before doing something real stupid.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
If this is the OFFICIAL Muslim policy, then YES.... I am a MUSLIM HATER.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by PhoenixOD
This has been posted before : www.abovetopsecret.com...

Are you sure they are the same?
The WND link says...

Among the many assertions made by the senior Islamic leader was that the Egyptian pyramids need to be closed down to tourists.

“There will be tourism for purposes of [medical] treatment, but the tourism sites of the pyramids, the Sphinx, and Sharm Al-Sheikh will be shut down, because my task is to get people to serve Allah rather than people.

This muslim calls for the

"destruction of the Sphinx and the Giza Pyramids in Egypt"

Couldn't help but notice from your link posted on World Net Daily

“In Islam, there is no such thing as art. Painting, singing, and dancing are forbidden.

Talking of singing and dancing being forbidden, that reminds me of the legend concerning the circle of standing stones called the Merry Maidens. The picture is the last one in the OP and shown below.

Legend says that pagans were celebrating one night and the wicked witch of the west had warned them that if they were seen dancing around the bonfire at dawn then she would petrify them into stone.

Well, at dawn, the pied pipers did a runner and the witch zapped them into standing stones half way into the next field whilst they were arrogantly believing that they were safe running along the ley-line.

The poor drunk and merry maids got petrified into standing stones around the bonfire.

But at least the celtic witch didn't dismantle the entire stone circle or blow the entire field up !!!

Thanks for everyone's posts.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Jihadists are much like other extremist factions in other religions.. they want to destroy everything that doesnt agree with them and their god so they get a better seat in heaven. Exact same mentality with the suicide bombers.. better seat in heaven sort of infantile mentality. The unfortunate part about this is you cant compare them with the other nutball factions in other religions.. because they have been given legitimacy. The Fundie God hates Fags Xtians dont have political sway... the Muslim Bro'hood does. Apples and oranges when I hear it spouted on here.. well all religions have nuts too... well they arent holding high political office and influencing countries... and internally waging war on the rreligions and cultured in whatever country they perform a soft invasion and occupation within. Our own idiots in our administration giving the Muslim Brotherhood legitimacy by recognizing them has emboldened them.

In Egypt.. theyre murering Xtians. Coptics are xtians.. and are afraid to go to recognize their own religion ( who's birthplace is Egypt....) and culture due to these radicals. I had gone to Egypt in the 80's .. great place. I had went again in 2003... was getting pretty hairy. Wanted to go back in 2010.. was advised that it was not in my best interests to do so. WHy?? Radical Jihadists causing a ruckus due to hatred and ignorance... toward ANYONE who isnt a Muslim. HUGE difference in the average Muslim and the disgusting little people who support the Muslim Brotherhood... and they will do whatever pops into their muddled little heads in order to please their "god" and establish the Caliphate.. which is their ultimate goal. This includes destroying anyting in opposition to their brand of "allah" and any evidence of any other religion or culture. If one doesnt know this about the Jihadists/Muslim Brotherhood, you havent read enough or heard enough of that comes from their own mouths and how they twist the Koran to suit their weird ideas. The entire mentality of destroying things because you disagree with them is pretty savage and primitive. I dont doubt one bit that they will destroy these things that are OUR collective past... to promote their own beliefs at any cost.

Our own government had a hand in installing these lunatics as a legitimate voice in the region.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Lock him up?

Spank him in public first for being a tool and explain the difference between having historical monuments and worshipping?

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by hououinkyouma
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

He is not a muslim hater, he is just seeing the real picture.

Hardly. Ley lines are fantasy. He's seeing the fake picture.

Harte

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join