It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New petition on Whitehouse.gov: Strip the Citizenship from Everyone who Signed a Petition to Secede

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+83 more 
posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Wow, well first off let me just say how far the censorship of speech in the US has gone. As I am writing this 563 people have signed this.

Is this what we have become? A nation that punishes and demeans other people's points of view?! A nation of "you don't like it, you can get out" minded fellows?

Let me just say, I don't like it and I will not get out. I am a true patriot, meaning I do not owe my loyalty to the government, but to the PEOPLE.

Why do most Americans not accept this as patriotism? A true patriot will stand up to violations of the constitution, and side with the people, not the government. Our founding fathers knew this. That's why they created the system of checks and balances, which are being overruled by the executive branch more and more, with congress doing nothing to stop it.

We now live in a nation that is not elected, but bought by corporate interests.

Let me just make it clear: I do not believe a state should secede, but I believe in their right to do so. Since nullification of unconstitutional federal laws is no longer an option, I see it as a last resort. And with the Texas petition now surpassing 50,000+ signatures it is more than just a few anti-Obama republicans.

So please, remember that our founding fathers gave us the right to protest for a good reason.

Trying to punish those individuals that do will only undermine everyone's liberties.
edit on 13-11-2012 by rockintitz because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-11-2012 by rockintitz because: (no reason given)

+71 more 
posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 02:29 AM
link   
I like that, let's see these fake secessionists put their money where their mouth is

I'm sure there are many right wing paradises where these nuts can go live! Where there are no social safety nets, no health care and where they can get into daily gunfights

There are many immigrants waiting to be part of this great union, we won't miss these crybabies

+47 more 
posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by muse7

I'm sure there are many right wing paradises where these nuts can go live!

You do realize that the right said much the same about the left back in 2000 and 2004, don't you?

Keep up the divisiness.

And since you are from the Lone Star state...where do you stand?
edit on 13-11-2012 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

+21 more 
posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by muse7

See what I mean? You are against it, obviously.
But not only that, you are actually wanting to see them fail.
And wanting yourself to be proven correct.
I see that as a more dangerous stance than anything.
Let people live their lives. Do not be envious or vindictive towards others beliefs.

+56 more 
posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Yes I am from Texas,

Austin voted for Obama, does that mean that if Texas does secede does Austin get to secede from Texas?

25,000 signatures do not represent 25,000,000 people.

Obama won, time to get over it. Maybe the Republicans can give us a better candidate in 2016
edit on 11/13/2012 by muse7 because: (no reason given)

+17 more 
posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by rockintitz
reply to post by muse7

See what I mean? You are against it, obviously.
But not only that, you are actually wanting to see them fail.
And wanting yourself to be proven correct.
I see that as a more dangerous stance than anything.
Let people live their lives. Do not be envious or vindictive towards others beliefs.

lmao I really don't want to see you guys fail.

In fact I'm ENCOURAGING you people to leave.

Get out, you won't be missed. There are many countries where you can go to.

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 02:43 AM
link   
I signed my states

We will try peace first..

+5 more 
posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by muse7

Muse, nice avatar. ##snipped## Premature panic is the sign of an immature mind. CIA, Benghazi, and Impeachment may just push off Secession. And you can move north with the traitors.
edit on Tue Nov 13 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: We expect civility and decorum within all topics - Please Review This Link.

+45 more 
posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by muse7

It is not about who won!
Everyday the federal government creeps more and more into our lives.
This is not the way it is supposed to be, according to the laws set forth by the people who created our great nation. And MOST Americans are not only compliant with this, but they applaud it!
This nation was founded on the beliefs that tyrannical government will always seek power, and that the citizens should always have the right to espouse it.

So please, don't turn this into a left/right thread. Turn it into an individual rights system of beliefs. If you love this country, as I do, it should be that simple.

+38 more 
posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 02:52 AM
link   

reply to post by muse7

It is not about who won!
This is not the way it is supposed to be, according to the laws set forth by the people who created our great nation. And MOST Americans are not only compliant with this, but they applaud it!
This nation was founded on the beliefs that tyrannical government will always seek power, and that the citizens should always have the right to espouse it.

So please, don't turn this into a left/right thread. Turn it into an individual rights system of beliefs. If you love this country, as I do, it should be that simple.

And again, let me say that you can do WHATEVER you want. There are better ways of protesting than throwing a temper tantrum like a 14 year old threatening his parents that he's going to run away.

If you're going to stay and fight to keep this union together then good, I will fight alongside you. But if you sign a petition saying that you wish to break up this great union then no one is stopping from getting the hell out.

So please, spare us more of your empty threats of petitioning to secede and either get the hell out, or do something to change this country for the better.

just my 2 cents.
edit on 11/13/2012 by muse7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Canada has a large movement of separatists in Quebec, where political leaders have been elected running on the platform, or at minimum, agreeing with the ideology.

Part of free thought is having bad, dumb or unpopular ones. In any case, the issue is not as strong as it once was, but I think most Canadians do not hold ill will against funny speaking french people in Quebec.. Although a split from the nation would make the borders confusing, and also really dig with the history of the country.

I don't see it happening anytime soon.

So a few Texans want their own country, oh well... The US was kind of founded on those principals, you can't be that mad at them can you?

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Obama won, time to get over it. Maybe the Republicans can give us a better candidate in 2016
Although I do think the election has some to do with this, I think there is something deeper growing here beyond partisan politics. There is resentment between citizens and government in this country and talk of cessation is becoming more and more frequent. This is a dangerous precedent for both sides being established, that if handled incorrectly could do a lot of damage for the long term. Hopefully it's handled with appropriate sensitivity, considering the political state of the U.S.

Just my opinion

+17 more 
posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 02:58 AM
link   
reply to post by muse7

If you're going to stay and fight to keep this union together then good, I will fight alongside you. But if you sign a petition saying that you wish to break up this great union then no one is stopping from getting the hell out.

Lets play devil's advocate:

Ironically, the Union that's being "held together" was formed to get away from control of banking and government powers. Who's holding it together?

+19 more 
posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 02:58 AM
link   
One could say those who want their states to stay slaves to the federal government's rules and regulations that supersede their own are unpatriotic to the country our forefathers created and died for numerous times.

The United States of America

not

The Federal United States of America

edit on 13-11-2012 by cconn487 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by GD21D

25,000 out of the population of Texas is a drop in the hat. I seriously doubt this a representation of the population there. Also willing to bet you will find more American flags in that state than many others.

Hell, you could easily find 25,000 people that believe a whole ton of nonsense on just about any subject.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 03:01 AM
link   

reply to post by muse7

It is not about who won!

And again, let me say that you can do WHATEVER you want. There are better ways of protesting than throwing a temper tantrum like a 14 year old threatening his parents that he's going to run away.

just my 2 cents.

Ok, as far as your 2 cents are concerned, your beliefs are your beliefs.
But honestly, even through your obvious tone, you don't believe that. Be sincere.
If a state did secede and fail, you would be happy.
If the opposite happened, you would be unhappy to be proven wrong.
And that's the point I am trying to make! I do not agree nor disagree, but I believe in their right to do so.
So few people nowadays can accept anything without presupposed bias.
And that is the sad part. Our nation is now nothing but a 2 party propaganda state.

+4 more 
posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by cconn487
One could say those who want their states to stay slaves to the federal government's rules and regulations that supersede their own are unpatriotic to the country our forefathers created and died for numerous times.

not

That's funny considering the fact that the founding fathers realized states had too much power, and got rid of the Articles of Confederation

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by cconn487

not

Lol ok so what if I said as far as I'm concerned states could legalize slavery?
How many do you think would?

And while we're on the subject.. What about the draft?? Do you not consider that involuntary servitude?

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 03:11 AM
link   
"A house divided in itself cannot stand." Yes I know its in the bible, yet I still agree when it comes to this country. Its a last ditch effort before it all comes falling down. Its been done before. If only people truly knew why- beyond these cults of personality, why they want to secede. Intellectualism, or conditioning? Patriotism, or radicalism? What purpose does history serve? And who is history written by? The victor. The cycle continues.
news.yahoo.com...
Although this is symbolic in nature, it still goes to show how polarized this country is. What disaster will it take this time to convince the people to rally together? I know that I don't want any part of it.

+33 more 
posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by muse7

"Secessionists".....really? Were you born in 1840 by chance?

The last time I heard someone use the term secessionists was in a civil war movie.

we won't miss these crybabies

So those whose oppose the government's over reaching authority are crybabies? Funny how this crap swings left to right with each election, but no one is willing to deal with a traitorous government. Let's just blame the other side and tell them to f*** off. Afterall our team won right?
While you b**** at the right hand, the left is robbing you blind....and vice versa.

There are better ways of protesting than throwing a temper tantrum like a 14 year old

Who are you to judge someones methods of protest? As long as no one is hurt, and property is intact.....well then that would seem to fall right smack in the middle of the 1st ammendment.

And now we classify protesters as "throwing a temper tantrum"? Funny.....I bet that is how the english thought of the revolutionary war. Which was preceded by huge numbers of protests....as well as many petitions sent to the english government.

Dang this country was founded by "14 year olds" it seems.

No need to respond, I already know that you are not listenening. After all the blue team won, and that is what counts right? Good luck to you.

Really though, secessionists? Time for me to get my Union uniform outta the attic I guess.

Curse Jefferson Davis, and all off his ilk!

<<   2  3  4 >>

join