It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giant sonic boom felt and heard in Indianapolis Indiana(meteor? mass devastation Info blocade

page: 89
<< 86  87  88    90  91  92 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by illuminated0ne
reply to post by Trillium

Everything I have read so far only says ONE house exploded, but the resulting fire destroyed two homes near it, and small damages to other homes.

So maybe YOU should get your facts straight instead of manipulating them to support your beliefs.

Again... Gas can spread to houses near by. So your point was illogical anyway.

P.S. I don't need to read 88 pages to come to my own conclusion by doing my own research. I can find info just as well or even better than the people in this topic. It's called thinking for yourself, and not letting others think for you.
edit on 14-11-2012 by illuminated0ne because: (no reason given)

Well better start reading two exploded and burn and the two on op posit side got fire and explosion damage
that make it four in my book go look again a little closer. It not my job to baby feed you.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by illuminated0ne

Everything I have read so far only says ONE house exploded, but the resulting fire destroyed two homes near it, and small damages to other homes
well then, clearly, you have much to learn about this incident ... might as well begin at the beginning cause you are missing all kinds of information.

at this point in time, no one knows exactly how many houses exploded.
we do know 2 houses were reduced to smitherines ... origin still unknown.
we have been advised that 80 homes have sustained damage and 30 of those will require demolition.

we know 2 lives have been lost.
we've been advised the following have been ruled out (by authorities) ... bomb, meth lab and commercial gas leak. NTSB, ATF, DHS and several other alphabet soup type investigators have passed through but as of this post, no word/findings or dismissals have been provided by the responding arson team.

the x-hubby of one homeowner has indicated he received a text indicating their furnace was malfunctioning. he also reported the furnace had been repaired but gave no further details.

the above is only a short summary of info you're lacking.
feel free to read about the rest ... it's in here.

like the witness who rescued neighbors BEFORE the fire broke out.
like the witnesses that recorded the blast.
like the witnesses who heard a loud boom about an hour before the incident.
and you'll even find internet chatter about the boyfriend and another person supposedly present at one of the decimated homes earlier that day.
fyi, not that it really matters, but, i have been participating in this thread since pg 1.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Ok, well talking to you seems pretty pointless.

Only ONE home exploded, and the house next to it was close enough to be damaged as well, but did not fully explode like the ONE house did. Four other houses caught fire from the resulting explosion

INDIANAPOLIS (AP) — Authorities say a loud explosion has leveled a home in Indianapolis and set four others ablaze in a neighborhood, causing several injuries.

Leveled "a" home, which is singular.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 05:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

I wasn't lacking any of that info, but thanks anyway.

I'll come back for a quick laugh when this is proven to be caused by a faulty furnace (gas explosion)...

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Forensic mechanical engineer Richard Schreiber, said that with explosions involving solids such as dynamite, the center of the blast is tightly concentrated, creating a crater. Explosions caused by flammable gas are typically spread out over a wide area, such as throughout the interior of a building filled with leaking gas, he said.

abcnews.go.com...

Wow, that is exactly what I said, and I didn't have to read it first. I must know similar things as that forensic mechanical engineer, hint hint.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Maskander

Was pretty intense i drove by the damage cool scene!

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Ok, well talking to you seems pretty pointless.

Only ONE home exploded, and the house next to it was close enough to be damaged as well, but did not fully exploded like the ONE house did. Four other houses caught fire from the resulting explosion

INDIANAPOLIS (AP) — Authorities say a loud explosion has leveled a home in Indianapolis and set four others ablaze in a neighborhood, causing several injuries.

Leveled "a" home, which is singular.
quoting an outside source without a LINK is highly frowned upon here

did you know more than one explosion has occurred in Indiana in the last week ??
for someone who refuses to read/review pertinent details, you sure are awfully sure of yourself.

so, if you're going to link an applicable story ... at least include the source.

www.newsdaily.com...
"There's a significant number of homes that have sustained damage, including two that have been completely destroyed, no cause has been ruled out," said Marc Lotter, a spokesman for Indianapolis Mayor Greg Ballard.

"The investigation is ongoing," he said. He added that seven people had been injured in the explosion, which left a large debris field and damaged at least 18 houses [color=amber]in addition to the two that were destroyed.

or ...

www.indystar.com...
The explosion late Saturday that killed two people and damaged 80 homes on Indianapolis’ Southeastside was so strong it was detected on scientists’ earthquake sensors miles from the scene.

“We’re still sorting through the data . . . but it’s likely we picked up the sound wave, the boom triggered by the explosion,” said Michael Hamburger, a professor of geological sciences at Indiana University.

or ...

www.indystar.com... %7Ctext%7CIndyStar.com
From that moment on, things have been miserable for the 47-year-old nurse whose home is believed to have been the epicenter of Saturday’s blast on Indianapolis’ Southeastside. The explosion and subsequent fires damaged nearly 80 homes, demolishing five. Shirley’s next-door neighbors, John “Dion” Longworth, 34, and his wife, Jennifer, 36, died in the blast.

now please, show some morsel of respect for your fellow members

*** added emphasis in case you missed it
edit on 14-11-2012 by Honor93 because: format

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Forensic mechanical engineer Richard Schreiber, said that with explosions involving solids such as dynamite, the center of the blast is tightly concentrated, creating a crater. Explosions caused by flammable gas are typically spread out over a wide area, such as throughout the interior of a building filled with leaking gas, he said.

abcnews.go.com...

Wow, that is exactly what I said, and I didn't have to read it first. I must know similar things as that forensic mechanical engineer, hint hint.

Ho hi Richard S. how you been doing lately
And it only took you 4 day to come up with this story boy and to think that I was slow

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 06:18 AM
link   

reply to post by Honor93

I wasn't lacking any of that info, but thanks anyway.

I'll come back for a quick laugh when this is proven to be caused by a faulty furnace (gas explosion)...
you do that !!
it would fit right in with your classless posts.

i'm curious, since you're so convinced that this is similar to San Bruno, just how many furnaces do you think it would take to produce such destruction ??
[by sheer # of property & lives lost, San Bruno generated 1/2 the destruction]

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Honor93

Then why was there an emphasis on saying the owners of the house of origin of the explosion were away at the time?
I'm pretty sure that means it has been established as the origin.
Good summary otherwise, just remind me, the two that died, were they in the other house that was completely obliterated too, or one of the others only half destroyed, and if so what happened to the ones in the house that was also totalled? They recovered and got out in time?
I can guarantee that reading the thread from the beginning isnt neccesssarily going to fully inform and not confuse anyone, there's lots of mis-reporting and repeating of unestablished facts amid the good stuff.

edit on 14-11-2012 by delusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 06:20 AM
link   

quoting an outside source without a LINK is highly frowned upon here

It's called Google, use it sometime. Highlight the quote, copy, past in Google, then search. " It not my job to baby feed you". And everyone should know by now that (AP) means associated press, which was the source, so you get a hint where to look. Plus a link to that was already posted on this topic. You should have known if you read the topic.

did you know more than one explosion has occurred in Indiana in the last week ??

So what? "Correlation does not imply causation". Separate events are irrelevant for now.

for someone who refuses to read/review pertinent details, you sure are awfully sure of yourself.

I never refused to read or review details. I said I didn't read this topic... It doesn't mean I didn't read other sources!

Wow.... Get over yourself. ATS is not the only source of knowledge.

All those links you posted are just a play on semantics. The explosion triggered fires that destroyed multiple homes. Most everyone agrees the initial explosion originated from one house, and damaged the house next to it, but was the fire that really destroyed it, and it was the fire the killed the two people who lived next to the home that exploded.

now please, show some morsel of respect for your fellow members

Likewise.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 06:21 AM
link   

[ you do that !!

i'm curious, since you're so convinced that this is similar to San Bruno, just how many furnaces do you think it would take to produce such destruction ??

aww, I thought he demonstrated good critical thinking skills. Is it just because he tends to think 'gas' that he's classless?
How did this so easily degenerate into an 'us and them' situation? All ideas are valid if properly supported and argued.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 06:40 AM
link   

you do that !!

Classless? The guy mocked my explanation, so I told him I hope he has more logic skill than mockery skills. I also pointed out some of his typos, and he has a nerve to tell me "It not my job to baby feed you." which was an insult. So I said "talking to you is pointless"... which is the truth.

I was mocked and attacked on this topic instantly. So, why should I show any respect? Why should I care about class?

The question shouldn't be how many furnaces, the question would be "Home much time?". I shouldn't have to explain this common sense to you.... but, even a small pin hole leak can cause the same amount of damage as a larger leak. The only difference is the amount of time that has passed to allow enough gas to accumulate.

What? Are you saying San Bruno generated only 1/2 the destruction that was caused in Indianapolis?

"8 people were killed, 60 were injured, 38 homes were destroyed, and 123 additional homes were damaged."

en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...

Sorry but there was way more destruction in San Bruno. Rightfully so, there was wind that spread the fire.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by delusion

Then why was there an emphasis on saying the owners of the house of origin of the explosion were away at the time?
I'm pretty sure that means it has been established as the origin.
Good summary otherwise, just remind me, the two that died, were they in the other house that was completely obliterated too, or one of the others only half destroyed, and if so what happened to the ones in the house that was also totalled? They recovered and got out in time?
I can guarantee that reading the thread from the beginning isnt neccesssarily going to fully inform and not confuse anyone, there's lots of mis-reporting and repeating of unestablished facts amid the good stuff.

edit on 14-11-2012 by delusion because: (no reason given)
bold = not sure who was emphasizing cause no one of authority has said such a thing.
it has been stated and repeated that the owner of the home suspected to be the origin ... nothing more, yet. (except from some of the talking heads just itching to stir the pot)

yes, one of the owners was away at the time ... please don't embellish.

i have neither heard or read about an "origin" being confirmed, have you ?
i have yet to read any findings/report from the arson team, have you ?
kinda tough to pinpoint an origin without a cause, isn't it ?

specifics about each homeowner are within this thread.
please use the "search" engine and discover your answers at your leisure.
i am dyslexic and do not wish to mislead with backward information (K?)

a quick summary would be this ... yes, most ppl who were home, got out and were transported to a shelter (at the school). yes, the two who died were in one of the obliterated homes (see the memorial info for address) [found in the basement if i recall correctly]

i cannot and will not disagree with your last statement ... which reminds me ... someone (cause i keep forgetting) should suggest (board suggestion thread) creating a "go to --- page #" option on threads greater than ??? idk ...20 pgs ?

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Well, the firemen that actually responded to the situation said two houses blew up. Meaning 2 houses were completely gone when they got there. And two other houses were on fire. I trust their expertise on the matter.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Again, whats the point of even arguing if it was one or two homes? Gas spreads you know? A single gas source can explode 5+ homes at once (as evident in San Bruno).

It is even possible one house exploded, and the debris, and shock wave damaged important structural members of the house next to it, causing it to collapse.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Before the story is sanitized, the reporting has been that A explosion, leveled TWO homes:

The explosion at 11 p.m. on Saturday, Nov. 10, destroyed two houses that were side by side...

...at least two Indianapolis homes were leveled in a blast

A thunderous, late-night explosion destroyed two houses ...

And, as the meme develops to pin this on an "appliance", this is getting more difficult to find:

Scott Davis, president and principal engineer of GexCon US, an explosion investigation firm in Bethesda, Md., said it's hard to believe a furnace could cause the damage seen in the Indianapolis neighborhood. He noted that most furnaces have multiple safety switches that must be triggered before any gas is used.

"For a furnace to allow that much gas through, you'd have to defeat many of the safety features," he said...

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   

bold = not sure who was emphasizing cause no one of authority has said such a thing.
it has been stated and repeated that the owner of the home suspected to be the origin ... nothing more, yet. (except from some of the talking heads just itching to stir the pot)

yes, one of the owners was away at the time ... please don't embellish.

okay, that's fair, just my brain melting information together then.

creating a "go to --- page #" option on threads greater than ??? idk ...20 pgs ?

That woud be awesome, even just an indication of how many pages in the thread there are on the front page. Sometimes it's nice to know what sort of commitment you're making before you take the plunge in reading a thread.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by illuminated0ne

Highlight the quote, copy, past in Google, then search
NO ... see the T&C for specifics.
if you will not follow the RULES, you won't last long.

And everyone should know by now
really ??

new members from around the world should know by now, huh ?
well, new members (like yourself) should know the T&Cs before they post

if a link to that excerpt was previously posted, you should have said so or provided the post address (you did neither)

so, why are you posting OLD news ?? are you trying to troll this thread ?
[if so, you're not very good at it
]

your unidentified excerpt could have been from any one of those other events.
that was my point entirely.

you admitted to not reading this thread, hence your "other sources" should be contributing to the overall quality of this thread, not detracting from it.

take your own advice.
ATS is a fabulous source, you don't like it ??
you are free to go elsewhere.

Most everyone agrees the initial explosion originated from one house
who is "most everyone" ?
source this information or it is merely opinion.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Again, whats the point of even arguing if it was one or two homes? Gas spreads you know? A single gas source can explode 5+ homes at once (as evident in San Bruno).

It is even possible one house exploded, and the debris, and shock wave damaged important structural members of the house next to it, causing it to collapse.

I think most are doubtful that one home was responsible for what seems the equal decimation of two homes, thinking it points to an explosion symmetrically between them, which makes gas unlikely and sabatoge or missile or meteor strike more likely, but your points are valid and to be taken into account.
I think it looks like one was more completely destroyed than the other anyway, fire being responsible for finishing off the other completely, although I reckon it was still significantly obliterated from the explosion from the other home. I'm willing to believe that these explosions can be VERY powerful, in a perfect coincidence of conditions.

new topics

top topics

<< 86  87  88    90  91  92 >>

join