It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giant sonic boom felt and heard in Indianapolis Indiana(meteor? mass devastation Info blocade

page: 45
<< 42  43  44    46  47  48 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by salainen

There is a video above of no gas leak.....- ABC news this morning said the explosion was so hot it had melted cars....have you not watched any news coverage of this...???

The ABC news from this morning is on here and YouTube..I am on an iPad or I would post it.....
edit on 11-11-2012 by Neopan100 because: Forgot something

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by gangdumstyle
People with gas lines piped directly into their house are dumb.
Has to be the dumbest thing I can think of darwin award?

Well, it's a trade off for not having to chop wood for our potbelly stoves.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by diesel_actual

Originally posted by Maskander
Look how distressed this lady is,
www.wishtv.com...

seems like she's in distressed or being forced to do something she doesn't want to do.
edit on 11-11-2012 by Maskander because: (no reason given)

of course she is distressed, her house just got F*cked up, do you know if your hownowners policy covers someelse home exploding causing damage to yours?
yes, in fact I do know, and the answer would be yes. Covered for all incidents unless it's an act of war

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   
What I did notice was that she was moving very fast! She must have been instructed to do so which adds to the blatant appearance that they still have no idea what the hell happened or they know exactly what happened and she only had a very short time to grab necessities.
I can't wait til they announce "what happened"....all the speculation is interesting but like everyone else I just want to know the cause.

link   
reply to post by akira6968

But what, exactly, would you expect?

Right at this time, I am going to reserve my view. Really it could very well be a missile or bomb or drone.

Looking at this pattern more in depth it seems really odd that 3 x houses were obliterated the way they were.

Originally I was thinking Tinderbox style houses, and still am, but the pattern formthe arial photographs reveals a lot more. almost like a strike line.

link   
Just saw on FaceBook that I have some mutual friends with the victims.

Small, weird world.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ProperlyErrant

That's really complicated. As little as 1 psi of force can blow out a window, 2 psi can do severe damage to windows, doors and roofs, and 3 psi can collapse a typical residential home.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by salainen
reply to post by azoth88

What does that radar mean?

Looks interesting, but what does it mean.
edit on 11-11-2012 by salainen because: (no reason given)

Just shows how large that the blast was felt as it was picked up by the weather radar. the blast originated near Southport on the map (shows up green for a moment, showing the intensity)

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Neopan100

ABC news this morning said the explosion was so hot it had melted cars....

That again assists in changing my views, gas explosions do not melt cars.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   
From 10-25-12

INDIANAPOLIS (AP) — Thieves stealing copper pipes might have caused a natural gas explosion that destroyed an Indianapolis house.

Fire officials say the explosion happened about 12:30 a.m. Thursday and tossed debris as far as two blocks away in the neighborhood just west of the city's downtown. The house was vacant and was being renovated following a fire during the summer.

The fire department reported no injuries and briefly evacuated nearby homes until utility workers could shut off the gas.

The explosion blew off the home's roof and left only a couple walls standing. Contractor Cherie Klawun tells WISH-TV that metal thieves had broken into the house three times and that investigators believe the gas and water lines were cut to steel copper piping.

From nationalgaswatch.org
"In Indianapolis, Indiana, thieves stealing copper pipe are suspected to have touched off a natural gas explosion that destroyed a vacant home there, according to a recent media report. Debris from the blast was reportedly found two blocks away.

A natural gas explosion in Newark, New Jersey, destroyed a home and killed two dogs, according to a recent media report describing the incident. A spokesperson for the Newark Fired Department attributed the blast to a valve that could not be properly closed, allowing gas to seep into the home until it reached explosive levels.

A house exploded in Marlborough, Massachusetts, early in the morning on Sunday, Oct. 29, sending one man to the hospital, according to recent media report describing the blast.

Authorities in La Jolla, California, near San Diego, say a natural gas explosion destroyed one home and triggered a savage inferno that severely damaged two others on Wednesday, Oct. 31, according to a recent media account of the incident. Area neighbors said the blast sounded like a sonic boom.

A natural gas explosion destroyed a home in Columbus, Ohio, on Tuesday, Oct. 30, according to a recent media account of the blast. There were no injuries, although a family pet was killed in the blast.

A preliminary investigation into the cause of an explosion that killed one person in Saybrook, Illinois, indicates that natural gas may have been the cause of the blast, according to a recent media report detailing the incident. The explosion occurred on Saturday, Oct. 27. The incident remains under investigation."

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neopan100
reply to post by salainen

There is a video above of no gas leak.....- ABC news this morning said the explosion was so hot it had melted cars....have you not watched any news coverage of this...???

No, I'm in Australia, news doesn't cover this. I rely on the internet. There are pictures available... The cars don't seem melted.

You mean this video: www.youtube.com...
He states: "There are no gas leaks in the area". He doesn't say that it wasn't caused by gas, just that there are currently no gas leaks, so hopefully no more explosions.

Look how distressed this lady is,
www.wishtv.com...

seems like she's in distressed or being forced to do something she doesn't want to do.

of course she is distressed, her house just got F*cked up, do you know if your hownowners policy covers someelse home exploding causing damage to yours?
yes, in fact I do know, and the answer would be yes. Covered for all incidents unless it's an act of war

Unless its an "act of god"

Anyhow, there are items in homes that money can't bring back.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Hijinx

and 3 psi can collapse a typical residential home.

and how many PSI to take out 3 homes at the same time?

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Neopan100

New way to remove a methlab, use a armed predator, lol, So is the verdict out on what exactly it was? or do we have a winner or is more research needed?

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by magma

They have been very vague and have only had very short stories on the news...it really is hard trying to come up with what caused it with it not being covered in depth yet...

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by magma

3 psi.. lol

The amount of pressure stays the same, it has nothing to do with how far or how many. 3 psi is enough pressure to destroy a "typical" residential home.
edit on 11-11-2012 by Hijinx because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   

From 10-25-12

INDIANAPOLIS (AP) — Thieves stealing copper pipes might have caused a natural gas explosion that destroyed an Indianapolis house.

Totally unrelated imo...

Most likely all of the homes in the area that the explosion occurred are going to have security alarms installed. I don't see thieves going into a neighborhood like that to steal copper wire.
edit on 11-11-2012 by azoth88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by BinarySamurai
Video from 1 mile away www.youtube.com...

Someone posted this in the video comments....

"A family member of mine lives in that neighborhood and they said that there was a HOA meeting this morning and let the homeowners know that it was, in fact, a meth lab that caused the explosion."
edit on 11-11-2012 by PAranormal because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrnotobc

Originally posted by gangdumstyle
People with gas lines piped directly into their house are dumb.
Has to be the dumbest thing I can think of darwin award?

Well, it's a trade off for not having to chop wood for our potbelly stoves.

Do what normal people do, central air and heating. Alot smarter, if you have a gas line
piped into your house not saying you deserve it blowing it up but its a good possibility..

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by PAranormal

Sorry but I don't believe that....news would have been all over hat...

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Hijinx

3 psi.. lol

math isn't your strongest point is it.....

top topics

<< 42  43  44    46  47  48 >>

join