It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the Heck....

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

You too!

Hopefully we can at least get some sort of starting point going. I guess tonight is a good night for me having insomnia. I feel for anyone when it comes to losing housing, I know that panic and it's awful.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Miri08

I'm pulling an all nighter, making a couple of batches of hand made soaps. I hope nightstalker comes back soon....

I think we can, together, at least get some hard info lined up for him to start with. I've been where he is before, my heart breaks for him. No one deserve that much pain...but, he's strong he'll make it...

Des

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Sorry to hear about your current situation, must be very challenging to stay calm and collected knowing that your future is so uncertain. I really hope things can work out for you in the near future.

Is there any chance you can go live with your daughter's grandparents as well? It would be tough but it's better than being on the street. Tell them you will pay whenever you can and will help out around the house. It's times like these that one needs their family's support so that they can get back on their feet.

Sending positive vibes your way and wish you the best for the future.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 03:48 AM
link   
This site has info on shelters and food resources by county. Even if you aren't going to go into a shelter (and I advise you to try not to unless you really really have to) call them. They can give you the most current information about programs for your specific area.

www.gethelpflorida.org...

I would also look up day labor places in your area, manpower, labor ready etc. They aren't great long term but they will keep you from starving.

Make sure you have a cell phone, even if it's prepaid - you will need it.
Library for filling out online applications etc.

If you have a car, do you have any truck stops near you? They are pretty safe for sleeping overnight. Some have showers. Truck drivers will usually give you extra shower tickets if you ask nicely and explain. I have had to do this before and it's better than taking bird baths in a convenience store restroom.

Some churches will let you use their building for mail. Ask, it doesn't hurt. Some will also let you park there if you have a car.

ETA: I will be on and off probably all night/day since I can't sleep. If you want more info or if you have specific questions let me know. I will check back often.

edit on 19-10-2012 by Miri08 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Miri08

Great info Miri...

Nightstalker, here is a link that gives info for rental assistance, by county in Florida. Maybe you can work something out with your landlord, if you have some help backing you up. It's worth a try, the worst that can happen is he says no. No you can live with, just keep trying. Maybe you can find one of the organizations to help with getting into a new living situation. It's always worth the effort to ask.

Florida Rent Assistance Programs
Home » Florida

We provide listings of rental assistance programs in Florida. Choose the city in Florida on the right side of the page. We list the cities where we found help for those needing help paying their rent.
www.rentassistance.us...

Here's another link...

Subsidized Apartments
HUD helps apartment owners offer reduced rents to low-income tenants. To apply, contact or visit the management office of each apartment building that interests you.
www.hud.gov...

You may have to find temporary housing until one of these agencies can help you long term...it's all worth the effort of trying.

Des

edit on 19-10-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Not trying to spam the thread but I thought of one more:
www.homelessshelterdirectory.org...

I think this may be the site I was originally thinking of. This one has shelters/food but also rental assistance ideas, affordable housing, clothing, medical - all sorts of things really.

The links Des gave are great too. You said you have 12 days. 12 days doesn't sound like much, you probably feel like this is being sprung on you - I KNOW - but take these 12 days and use them. Start thinking about all of these options now. I know it's overwhelming and I know it's depressing. I can't even imagine going through this with a child. I have confidence that you will get through this. I really hope that something works out in the mean time and that you don't need any of this info.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Nightstalker...you may have gone to sleep, I don't know. But, when you get back here to your thread, I hope you realize, there are some friends here, who care about you. Now, you need to care about yourself, as much as we care about you.

It's hard, I know. There will come a time when you look back on what is happening now, and you'll be proud of how you handled yourself. Most important of all right now, is to remember, you are not alone. All of us here in your thread are now a part of your life, and you a part of ours.

((((((nightstalker))))))

Des

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
wish you the best of luck man you could just get mad really mad because if it wassent for the guys up in d.c there would be jobs out there the worst thing is your daughter its never a good feeling to be away from home without your choise dont drink man it just makes it worse and thats comming from a drug addict keep your mind straight and take the new path to happiness somtimes in life we have our peeks but theres always somthing to knock you back down the only thing you can do is stand up and kick uncle sam in the balls cause in the end its always his fault

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Please let me add another voice to say that I'm sorry you're going through this, and it's really going to be alright. Take one step at a time.

I poked around some legal sites, and most agree that in Florida, from the time your landlord places a written notice to evict on your door, you'll have between 30-60 days before an actual eviction occurs. So, you have some time to look into some of the resources and possibly get some of the assistance that you earned while working all that time. And, if you're able to catch up on the rent, the landlord can't evict you.

Please keep you chin up! "This too shall pass."

BTW, seeing Des and the other members step up to help really warms my heart.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Nightstalker,

I was in your shoes a few months back. I was homeless and had to live in my car. It was as down as I've ever been.

I asked a friend for help. One that I never expected to be helpful. He opened up his house, gave me a base. I am now interning in my chosen profession and on my way to being back on my feet. For a few months I really considered my life to be over. It was really a new beginning. I just needed to accept my old life was gone

You have done the right thing by posting here. Good people exist on ATS. They are going to humble you with their charity and words of wisdom. Keep us all posted as to your situation. If you let us help, we will go beyond your expectations of good will.

You are exactly where you are supposed to be. When you discover the lesson you are meant to learn, share it with us when you are ready. some day you will get the chance to return the favor.

Head up and stay strong.

I care

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Thank you everyone for your kind words (and links) I am in a bit of a rush right now but I will return later on with some more thoughts. I am honestly regretting my choice to pick up the bottle again after being sober for so long.Right now is not the time to do so as I need a clear head to get through this.Again,thank you all,it is much appreciated.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
well, go to a country where your countrymen don't stand around and look when one of you fall.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

Originally posted by Miri08
reply to post by nightstalker78

I'm in FL too. Would you be comfortable saying what region? I'm in central but have a bit of knowledge about southern and northern areas as well. You don't need to get specific but knowing the region will help narrow down the search.

You are awesome....

Des

You are awesome too des...and the replies in this thread ..and the willingness of some members to go the extra mile to help really warms my heart.

Hang in there OP, there are ways to get back on track, and I'm so happy you vented about this, because there is some great knowledge presented here for you to use.

Perhaps it will help other members who are finding themselves in the same predicament as you.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by nightstalker78
Thank you everyone for your kind words (and links) I am in a bit of a rush right now but I will return later on with some more thoughts. I am honestly regretting my choice to pick up the bottle again after being sober for so long.Right now is not the time to do so as I need a clear head to get through this.Again,thank you all,it is much appreciated.

Please don't worry too much about a bad choice you made under some terrible duress.

What important is the choices you make in the future, so please don't be too hard on yourself.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Do you possibly have family you can stay with? I know it's not really something you would want to do, but sometimes, we have to ask for the help.

I don't know what kind of relationship you have with them, but chances are, they would much rather help than for you to be homeless without anyone to lean on.

My thoughts and prayers are with you.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
This thread sums up the sense of community spirit we have on ATS.

It's genuinely reassuring to know there are still so many caring individuals out there looking out for one of our brothers when they are going through a hard time such as the OP.

I would give stars to each and every one of you that have taken the time to offer Nightstalker72 advice and comfort in his hour of need.

You make me proud to be part of this wonderful website we call ATS.

Well done to each and every one of you.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Mate, I'm totally feeling you. Never forget that your family is priority, and as long as you thrive (regardless of material things) to do your utmost best, no one will ever, or can ever hold that against you. If you put 100% in, the laws of life will give you something back.
I have had a drink problem for years, i know booze back to front more than anybody, and not ONCE has it helped me, solved a problem, or answered any questions.... I guess you know that already, but sometimes it's nice to hear it from a neutral. You get me brother? I think you do..
Stay strong and fight, I'll be looking out for you on here. X

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   

where do you live got a house in chester pa not rented

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
WOW! i just read the rest of the replies (i posted straight after reading the OP) and what beautiful warm thoughtful replies you have my friend. The very best of ATS are on your side here, it seems the most excellent of members have willingly come to your aid. This is the 1st thread i have read with nothing but compassion and love in it. Which speaks volumes for you OP, you've brought the best out of people on this site, and you deserve all of it. We are all with you and believe in you, and I'm sure i speak for all the members here... that we'd love to give you a hug of encouragement.
Stay strong for your daughter, you and your fellow members on here have inspired me tonight.
Much love, OE123 x
edit on 19/10/12 by OpenEars123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Try and get a job that provides you a bed as well, I suppose... oilfield or forrestry comes to mind.
Good luck to you.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join