It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Militia Immaculata, St. Maximillian Kolbe's response to Freemasonry

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 03:09 PM
link   
St. Maximillian Koble, a priest that gave his life in a Nazi concentration camp in exchange for a man with a family who was to be executed, founded the Militia Immaculata as a response to Freemasonry.

Freemasons in Rome way back just before WWWII, used to have protest marches up to the Vatican Hill, where they would shout slander and such against the church. He writes of personal account of this witness from his window at the Vatican.

He founded an organization to counter the threat from freemasons he personally witnessed in Rome.

The Militia Immaculata is comprised of Catholics that consecrate themselves to the Blessed Virgin Mary, their only weapon, prayer, their only shield, faith. The Militia Immaculata pray for freemasons every day.

I don't think any of you have ever heard of them have you?

You can visit their website at www.consecration.com...

CC

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I can understand why The RC church feels uneasy about Freemasonry given the anti clerical movements in France and Italy in the 18th Century and the Grand Lodges of the Orient who are Anti Clerical. The Freemasonry which I belong to is REGULAR Freemasonry and does not take part in anti clerical activities. There are many people who are Catholics who are Freemasons in Scotland and find that there is no conflict with their religion.

Gerard

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I'm not sure why you would post this.

Fair enough: a particular Catholic group has taken a position against Freemasonry. Nothing new in that.

This group is neither very powerful nor can it have any real effect on Masonry at large. This group is very simply, of no account whatsoever with respect to Masonry.

I'm just wodnering what the purpose of your post is.

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I felt it would be pertinent to post, since an organization like the Militia Immaculata exists....it's founding reason as a response to Freemasonry.

However, there are a lot of members of this organization, and these are prayerful people, that love God very much. God will answer their prayers.

If you see masonry as purely a humanly conceived organization, there is one being who oversees all things, and ultimate power lies in His hands.

So, in prayer there is also power, because in prayer your able to communicate with the Lord over all, and have Him answer your requests.

Freemasonry has no power, or influence, without God. Any power that anyone has, is given by God, and can be taken away by Him as well.

And on another note, nothing is secret from the eyes of God, He sees all. Freemasons believe in a Supreme Being, and he is the one we will all answer to in the end.

So you should be happy, that there is an organization praying for all freemasons. Don't you believe in the power of prayer?

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Forgivness is one of the main teachings of Christianity, it would seem a long time to wait to be forgiven. This was by no means a one way street of course.

You will find that many thousands of Freemasons died in the same concentration camps, we have no way of knowing if it was in such admirable circumstances.

I pray that one day there will be a recanting of the Official Papal Bull against Freemasonry and once again Catholics will be given the right to choose their fraternal affiliation based on social need rather than religious affiliation.

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 03:34 PM
link   
All prayers are heard, maybe one day the church will recant, and maybe one day the church will not see masonry as a threat to it's faithful.

The Militia Immaculata is a big community within the church, their international headquarters is located in Rome, I pretty sure they have a place for themsleves in the Vatican itself here is the international headquarters website, I hope you can read Italian

www.mi-international.org...

Laity, priests, Cardinals, Doctors, Police officers, etc.. that are MI Members, will live out their consecration as such. A Freemason priest, and MI priest would be at conflict of sorts, the MI priest would do as much as possible to live out his promises in the MI in response to the Freemason priest. There are MI members that are officials in the church, Cardinals and prelates.

MI members are very active, and are not the type of Catholics that sit and do nothing, or barely even practice their faith. An MI member, united with each other, and the Blessed Virgin Mary, form a cohesive unit, in response to anything that would attack the church or lay faithful.

If Freemasons rose again in order to battle with the Church, the Militia Immaculata would be there in Her defense.

CC

[edit on 18-10-2004 by chief_counsellor]

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 03:41 PM
link   
That organization is praying for Freemasons? What are they praying for, that Masons will cast off their "false" doctrines and rejoin the Catholic church?

If that is what these Maximilan Kolbe Consecrationists are praying for, then I hope their prayers are never answerd. There are "prayerful" people among Masons as well, and Catholics have no more right to God's good graces than do Masons, and vice-versa. I'm not about to argue about who has the "inside track" with God. It's an old argument, and hardly relevant. .

Masonry does not ask for your flattery or your aknowledgement as a legitimate organization with just as much right to "salvation" as everyone else. Your posts in this thread suggest that you are certainly not about to give the former, and that you will concede the latter only grudgingly.

[edit on 18-10-2004 by LTD602]

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I have to go woth LTD on this one, what exactly are these MI folks praying for? It seems from your post that these folks think that Freemasons are lost or something and that they pray "for" Freemasons that they might "see the light"? Everyone needs prayers, but I mean come on, dude. You said yourself that they were praying in response to "a threat". Seems if they felt threatened, they would pray for those people to go away, thereby eliminating the threat. Doesn't sound like they are praying "for" Masons, but rather "against" them.

Am I missing something?

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by chief_counsellor

If Freemasons rose again in order to battle with the Church, the Militia Immaculata would be there in Her defense.

Sorry, dude, but that's just plain stupid, and I think you know it. Freemasonry has never "rose to battle with the Church." What Freemasonry has done was point out the fact that the Roman Catholic Church, as a religious organization, has absolutely no natural authority over the lives of individuals whom it claimed to rule by divine right.

I've never heard of any "Militia Immaculata", and couldn't care less. The Church will never be powerful enough to initiate a religious dictatorship as it once held with an iron fist. Most folks have abandoned paying their hard earned cash for the Roman Church's snake oil a long time ago.

Fiat Lvx.

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Well, Garibaldi, a prominent Freemason at the, lead the charge in a war against the Vatican, and resulted in the loss of the Papal states. If I understand correctly. This was an actual war, with bloodshed, and fighting etc..

hmm..as far as what do they pray for as far as freemasons are concerned, I'll have to ask and see..get back to you on that.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Would it not be great to see people Catholic or not , search for ways to unite,in stead of searching for ways to divide.

Hell, there are people out there who just want to , cause chaos and confusion, isn't it time the common good was put before any petty arguments.

If you go out to the woodshed looking for wood, its a sfe bet you will come back with some wood. Maybeif we went out looking for peace , who knows.

We can't even find common ground between Christians, where do you look for commonground with Muslims, Siehks and Hindus?

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Well, Garibaldi, a prominent Freemason at the, lead the charge in a war against the Vatican, and resulted in the loss of the Papal states. If I understand correctly. This was an actual war, with bloodshed, and fighting etc..

hmm..as far as what do they pray for as far as freemasons are concerned, I'll have to ask and see..get back to you on that.

Do you not think that it is time to look to the future and not the past? As I tried to explain in a previous post there are people who call themselves Freemasons but are not regular. The principal reasons being that they permit the discussion of politics when the Lodge is meeting. They also allow atheists to join their order and do not use the bible in their ritual. This is not acceptable to the regular Freemason. As a Regular Freemason we do not wage war on any group or person. We will extend the hand of Friendship to The Freemason as well as the non Freemason. We give charity to all people. We expect the same rights of privacy that any other organization has. Is that asking too much?

Gerard

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 08:50 AM
link   
I got a reply, and there are over 4 Million Militia Immaculata members in th world and as far as what are they praying for......for Freemasons to be converted, guess the masons on board will object to that...

Gerard, what your asking is not too much.

Bill, the common ground between Christians is Jesus Christ.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Dear CC why should Freemasons need to be converted? Is there something that is wrong with Freemasonry that requires a conversion to the MI.
Gerard

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Well Gerard, it's rooted in history, Freemasonry in Europe was at one point seen as an "enemy of the church".....things have died down quite a bit, and Western Freemasonry does not appear threatening like European Freemasonry once was.

I mentioned the protests by Italian Freemasons at the Vatican(this is before WWWII), they would have processions with banners,and shout at those inside St. Peter's square. They had a banner with Lucifer trampling on St. Micheal,shouting, satan will rule from Vatican Hill. Things like that. The MI was founded way back then, however, the prayer that once said "for the freemasons" no longer says that, but says "for the enemies of the church", so freemasons are not mentioned specifically in the format of the daily prayer of MI's anymore. However outside of the formal daily prayer, they do pray for the conversion of the masons, and that they will no longer try to "harm" the church or the faithful in anyway whatsoever, and will come to understand the church.

[edit on 19-10-2004 by chief_counsellor]

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Well Gerard, it's rooted in history, Freemasonry in Europe was at one point seen as an "enemy of the church".....things have died down quite a bit, and Western Freemasonry does not appear threatening like European Freemasonry once was.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I think the only thing the Freemasons ever "threatened" was the absolute power of the church. In those days the Church was in control of everything, and the philosophies of the Freemasons stood to detract from the influence that the Church had over men's lives. Free thinkers are dangerous, don't ya know...

[edit on 10/19/04 by The Axeman]

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 11:58 AM
link   
FAO CC do you think that Freemasonry is a threat to the RC Chucrh and if you think that it is, can you tell us in what way that is is a threat. Do you see regular Freemasonry and irregular Freemasonry in the same light?

Gerard

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 12:02 PM
link   
LTD,
The whole Catholic Church has taken position against freemasonry, not just a group in the Church

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cearbhall
LTD,
The whole Catholic Church has taken position against freemasonry, not just a group in the Church

I would like to know why that is the case. I have heard that there are priests who are Freemasons. Can you comment on that please.

Gerard

[edit on 19-10-2004 by Gerard]

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 01:20 PM
link   
If there actually are priests that are Freemasons, they would not be "in communion with Rome", as they are being disobedient to the heirarchy in the Vatican.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join